[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

There's a typo in the mod - the splashdown ribbon is "Spashdown Ribbon" <- missing an L there. Also, love the idea of this mod!

Thanks. I will correct this in the next release (this weekend?).

I've noticed that when a mission is auto saved then the game crashed and reloaded from the auto save the flight timer resets killing the total flight time measure. Because yes that Jool mission took .1 days

Confirmed. It seem's that KSP is firing a launch event at every load. In will have to check, if I can distinguish between true launches and "load launches". This is a major bug, so I will try to solve it this weekend. Until then: mission times are reset every load. Thank you for reporting.

This should be fixed in 0.2.3

Edited by Nereid

I think I may have found a small bug in this most excellent mod.

On my first ever flight when using, I took my kerbal on EVA from the launch pad to gather SCIENCE! I ended up running all the way to the shores to grab myself an EVA report and a surface sample from the shores. I then ran back to my vessel (just the Command Pod mk1) and jumped in and recovered.

Jeb got himself 2 ribbons, First Kerbin Surface EVA and Splashdown Ribbon.

I then took Bob and repeated the experiment. He got the Kerbin Surface EVA (not First, as intended) and Splashdown.

Assuming that I'm not supposed to be getting the splashdown ribbon, as no vessel was actually splashed down, just the kerbal.

Edited by Ignath

Hi, great mod, been following it for a while, but not tried it (yet!), will probably create a new career to do so. One question: are the ribbons connected to the Kerbal or the ship? For example, I regularly use a command/lander combo, with the crew of the lander transferring to the command module for recovery on Kerbin, whilst the lander stays in orbit around the moon/planet, waiting for future missions to arrive. Would any ribbons earned by the lander crew be transferred with them when they switch to the command module for recovery, or would the ribbons be "left behind" with the orbiting lander?

Nereid i have playing around with some custom ribbon designs. For example, half width .png's for lesser achievements like walking on Kerbin. (and extra width ones for momentous achievements) Currently this leaves a gap in the ribbon display panel. It is possible in the coding that you could set an overall set width for each row of four and allow the individual ribbons to just have a set height only? For those that make irregular width custom ribbons it would sometimes make the right-side edge jagged but i don't think it would effect the standard display. Anyway no biggie if its complicated or impossible or is a wormcan opener. i can live with the gaps. Fabulous work so far :)

I think I may have found a small bug in this most ex8ellent mod.

[...]

Assuming that I'm not supposed to be getting the splashdown ribbon, as no vessel was actually splashed down, just the kerbal.

Well... it seems that I should rename this ribbon to "Kerbal Bathing ribbon" or something like that. ;)

I will restrict the Splashdown ribbon to non EVA in the next release. Another requirement should be a previous flight situation, so even a vessel on wheels would not get the ribbon just by driving on the shore.

Nereid i have playing around with some custom ribbon designs.

For example, half width .png's for lesser achievements like walking on Kerbin. (and extra width ones for momentous achievements)

Currently this leaves a gap in the ribbon display panel. It is possible in the coding that you could set an overall set width for each row of four and allow the individual ribbons to just have a set height only?

Puh... The width is hardcoded at the moment. And each ribbon is a GUI-Label so I would have to do a bit more than just to make the width of a ribbon user adjustable. Perhaps I could give it a try in a later release, but its not on top of the todo-list.

The ribbons are just png files, so anybody could change them to their own needs. But they would work best in a 120x32 pixel resolution.

Edited by Nereid

I suggested this in the ship manifest thread, but it might be relevant here too - some option not to have the first available kerbals selected, but a random selection (or, to tie it in better with this mod, maybe a mixture of decorated and undecorated kerbals?)

Am I the only one who gets his kerbals spammed with the "first kerbal in space" ribbon?

Take a look at the right side of the window. The buttons for filtering, dead, active, available, or undecorated kerbals are missing. So you are using an outdated version. If you have reinstalled FF and still get this bug, please search for another FinalFrontier.dll in GameData. Maybe you have installed it the wrong way so there are two DLLs and KSP loads an outdated one.

Edited by Nereid

nice to read you will add the active ship filter :)

Done. :) But I will fix some other bugs before I release it.

btw i launched kerbals into a orbit. they got the fast orbit ribbon, but no orbit ribbon.

I will try to reproduce this. If I can't, I will add some additional log outputs to analyze this further.

Final Frontier 0.2.3 is on Spaceport

Changes:

• corrected typo in "Splashdown ribbon"
  • orbit ribbons are only awarded for stable orbits outside atmosphere and inside sphere of influence
  • new Fast Orbit ribbon (awarded for stable orbit in less than 300 seconds)
  • no more Splashdown ribbons in EVA or driving a rover on the shore
  • new filter: active vessel only

Please update to 0.2.3b! There is something wrong with the DLL included in 0.2.3.

Edited by Nereid

? Strange... Those debug lines in the code are removed in my version. I will check this ASAP (seems that my development and release builds differ...)

EDIT: I do not know how this could have happened. For each test I copy all files to my development and to my release installation of KSP. They should be identical, but this time the DLLs were different. Fixed this in 0.2.3b. And TY for reporting

Edited by Nereid

Would it be possible for you to add a death ribbon? Also a history tab for example: kerbal dies and his info is sent to a honored tab there you can view all your kerbal that gave their life for space. This tab could show all there information on missions etc... maybe even add a screen shot plugin that adds a screenshot of them next to there ship or one taken by you in game. I would also Like to say this is a great mod and gives me things to work on for my kerbals and make them have some sort of way of tracking there history. But I would really like to see some ribbons for the planes that we can make. Like a ribbon for first kerbal to fly a plane, amount of time in a plane, distance traveled.

Keep up the good work though!

Edited by megatarre

Would it be possible for you to add a death ribbon? Also a history tab for example: kerbal dies and his info is sent to a honored tab there you can view all your kerbal that gave their life for space. This tab could show all there information on missions etc... maybe even add a screen shot plugin that adds a screenshot of them next to there ship or one taken by you in game. I would also Like to say this is a great mod and gives me things to work on for my kerbals and make them have some sort of way of tracking there history. But I would really like to see some ribbons for the planes that we can make. Like a ribbon for first kerbal to fly a plane, amount of time in a plane, distance traveled.

Keep up the good work though!

A screenshot plugin is clearly way beyond the scope of FF at the moment. Perhaps its just me, but I dont like the idea of a death ribbon. Its just because in real life you wont find any officer walking around with a deatch ribbon of any kind. The main problem is, he wouldn't be walking anymore. ;)

Because me and some other wont like this or some kind of ribbons I will include this type only if ribbons could be deactivated. If I add this functionality a death ribbon may be there some day.

I'm working on custom ribbons at the moment, but this will take a while.

Edited by Nereid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.