[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

Final Frontier 0.2.4 experimental

I have uploaded a experimental version of 0.2.4.

New features:

• custom ribbons (currently 20 in 0.2.5)
  • new version of toolbar included (not shown in screenshot)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: The colors of the custom ribbons are subject to change.

A screenshot:

finalfrontier5.jpg

Edited by Nereid

A screenshot plugin is clearly way beyond the scope of FF at the moment. Perhaps its just me, but I dont like the idea of a deatch ribbon. Its just because in real life you wont find any officer walking around with a deatch ribbon of any kind. The main problem is, he wouldn't be walking anymore. ;)

Because me and some other wont like this or some kind of ribbons I will include this type only if ribbons could be deactivated. If I add this functionality a death ribbon may be there some day.

I'm working on custom ribbons at the moment, but this will take a while.

Ok I see your point about the death ribbon and thanks for the reply on it. I am not aware of what can and can not be modded into the game either, but I am looking into it because I think I have a great mod idea and want to try and create it. The only issue is I have never messed with unity and only have some C++ experience atm. Also your custom ribbons your doing will suit me just fine as well that is a great idea.

I'm not really in favour of a "death ribbon" either, but could you at least give the recently deceased a "mission completed" or "mission ended" event and increase their mission count? I know your wording is currently "successful missions," but it somehow feels wrong to not give credit to the dead for a mission where the craft exploded on the launchpad due to a staging error.... Just a thought.

Trying out the new version now.

Uploaded 0.2.5. Not many changes. Just added 10 new custom ribbons and modified the colors a bit. I'm not really satisfied with the custom ribbons. If someone would like to create better ones, feel free to do so.

Edited by Nereid

I'm not sure if this has been asked in the thread yet, but it's up to 24 pages, and the search function is less than stellar on the Forums. I'm a huge fan of FF, and am currently running v1.3.6. I saw that there was several updates, but I don't want to reset all of my current Kerbal's ribbons by updating. Does updating reset them, or is there some file in there I can save and re-insert into the updated FF which will keep the current ribbon assignments?

I'm not sure if this has been asked in the thread yet, but it's up to 24 pages, and the search function is less than stellar on the Forums. I'm a huge fan of FF, and am currently running v1.3.6. I saw that there was several updates, but I don't want to reset all of my current Kerbal's ribbons by updating. Does updating reset them, or is there some file in there I can save and re-insert into the updated FF which will keep the current ribbon assignments?

Last I checked, the file which has the ribbons saved in it, is saved in with your save file.

team.leit

EDIT: So you should be able to update without losing progress

Just wanted to say first thanks, nice mod. i use the Ribbon signature, and this is a nice ingame comparison to it.

With that, I see you have a noted bug "ribbons dont show up". Ive the latest build (just installed today) and its not showing up. I do use steam, but have launched manually, and they still dont show up, so your workaround fails for me. Hopefully you can figure this out soon.

I have Kerbals that have died, but come back to life a few missions later. Has anyone else seen this behavior?

This is actually a part of the stock game, unless you have a mod that prevents dead Kerbals from respawning, you have to go into your persistence file and find the code line that says,

DIFFICULTY

{

MissingCrewsRespawn = True

and change that to

DIFFICULTY

{

MissingCrewsRespawn = False

This will stop Kerbals from respawning on death

New features:

• custom ribbons (currently 20 in 0.2.5)
  • new version of toolbar included (not shown in screenshot)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: The colors of the custom ribbons are subject to change.

Hahaha you did it ! Du bist wunderbar ! Danke schön aus Frankreich !

I'm allways trying to keep the halloffame.ksp compatible, so no ribbon should be lost. And the halloffame.ksp is writen to your save game folder, so any upgrade of FF won't change the already earned ribbons.

Just wanted to say first thanks, nice mod. i use the Ribbon signature, and this is a nice ingame comparison to it.

With that, I see you have a noted bug "ribbons dont show up". Ive the latest build (just installed today) and its not showing up. I do use steam, but have launched manually, and they still dont show up, so your workaround fails for me. Hopefully you can figure this out soon.

This is very strange, beause I didn't change anything in the image loading module. Please send me the KSP.log so I can see what went wrong.

The good news: I will try to change the image loding methods anyway, because KSP already loads my ribbons. I didn't yet get it right to use them.

I have found a curious little bug:

0Alx79Z.jpg

If you award a custom ribbon in flight, FF decides that pilot is dead, even if he's still flying the plane.

Edit: It fixes itself the next time you go to the space center, so its not a major issue, just noticed and thought I'd let you know. Love this mod by the way. I already give my Kerbals unique names and histories, and this expands that in depth feeling! :D

Edited by vardicd

Hay! Just wanna say adding custom ribbons is just an awesome idea!! Here's some I made:

GMLzBZK.jpg

The diamond ribbon is sorta like the real Medal of Honor, no one still got it, and only one received the Certified Badass =) The two last ones are specifically for my missions of course. Is it possible to make it that we add more than 20 custom ribbons? But 20 is a nice number already =)

Can't wait for the custom ribbon version to exit experimental state =)

The diamond ribbon is sorta like the real Medal of Honor, no one still got it, and only one received the Certified Badass =) The two last ones are specifically for my missions of course. Is it possible to make it that we add more than 20 custom ribbons? But 20 is a nice number already =)

Those are pretty nice ribbons! Probably a long way down the road, but a 'nice-to-have' feature would be in-game design of ribbons, or even just random shuffling of ribbon elements until one you like comes up.

Hay! Just wanna say adding custom ribbons is just an awesome idea!! Here's some I made:

http://i.imgur.com/GMLzBZK.jpg

Nice. Can I use them in the next release?

If you award a custom ribbon in flight, FF decides that pilot is dead, even if he's still flying the plane.

Edit: It fixes itself the next time you go to the space center, so its not a major issue, just noticed and thought I'd let you know.

Thanks for reporting. But this indeed strange. FF checks only the ingame roster status and awarding a custom ribbon shouldn't change the status in any way. But I will check this behaviour.

http://i.imgur.com/GMLzBZK.jpg

nothke will you let Nereid use them as you've posted? They're gorgeous and so perfectly labeled!