[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

How does one pull up the kerbal decoration board? I am curious and haven't been able to figure it out.

team.leit

Just click on the name of the kerbal in the hall of fame. For some design reasons, not all elements that look like buttons are buttons. But I think its quite easy to figure out whats clickable and whats not. ;)

Just click on the name of the kerbal in the hall of fame. For some design reasons, not all elements that look like buttons are buttons. But I think its quite easy to figure out whats clickable and whats not. ;)

I have tried that and nothing happened. Then again I am not using the latest version so things might have changed, but I am using a version that I believe has the kerbal decoration board.

team.leit

This mod has all mechanics of tracking kerbal acomplishments done, so i think it might be actually put to use, instead being just for show.

KERBALS GAINING EXPERIENCE

This is jast vague idea, but having experienced kerbal in crew might provide some rewards, like higher science income for example. Of course this shoudl be optimalised, percentage of gain per kerbals experience to avoid spaming huge science results.

But it certainly woudl add variety to game. Player woudl be able to send experienced kerbals to mission and gain higher science income, but from the other hand he woudl risk loosing experiened crew, asset that cannot be replaced easily.

I have tried that and nothing happened. Then again I am not using the latest version so things might have changed, but I am using a version that I believe has the kerbal decoration board.

team.leit

Which version do you use? Please try 0.2.5 and tell me if it works.

Which version do you use? Please try 0.2.5 and tell me if it works.

Wilco, I need to download it though. 0.2.2c is the version I am using currently

EDIT:0.2.5 works, just finished trying it and my only complaint is that main window takes up most of the screen at the lower screen resolutions

Edited by team.leit

Nice. Can I use them in the next release?

Sure, just let me correct them a bit, I noticed the pixel wide shading you have on other ribbons =) Oh and the inter sidera Kerbal, if you look closely, it looks like it's giving you a flip, rather than waving xD

Just a small query. I have an unmanned interplanetary tug in Kerbin orbit and I sent up a crewed lander to dock with it. The crew did not gain a 'docked' ribbon, although the persistent file shows the two craft as being in a docked state, as far as I am able to understand the persistent file. I am using version 0.23b. Utterly brilliant mod, by the way. Gives the game a whole new focus.

A question (as I'm not at home, and therefore not able to check for myself). Does the size of the image determine the size of the ribbon in KSP, or is it a set width and height?

-- Edit

Ignore this, found the answer. 120x32.

Edited by SmarterThanMe
Found the answer

This is very strange, beause I didn't change anything in the image loading module. Please send me the KSP.log so I can see what went wrong.

The good news: I will try to change the image loding methods anyway, because KSP already loads my ribbons. I didn't yet get it right to use them.

Check your inbox.

Just a small query. I have an unmanned interplanetary tug in Kerbin orbit and I sent up a crewed lander to dock with it. The crew did not gain a 'docked' ribbon, although the persistent file shows the two craft as being in a docked state, as far as I am able to understand the persistent file. I am using version 0.23b. Utterly brilliant mod, by the way. Gives the game a whole new focus.

In 0.2.3b an orbit with periapsis and apoapsis and a non EVA situation is required for a docking ribbon. The crew has to be in the active vessel to get their ribbon.

In 0.2.5 the same condition applies but is has to be a stable orbit, i.e. periapsis above athmosphere and apoapsis in the sphere of influence of the main body.

I will add log outputs for a better analysis. Currently I tend to avoid them in general for performance reasons, but those events are not triggered that often.

I know that kerbals have a respawn time but, has anyone noticed how fast they come back to life? I am not sure if it's the mod or what but My kerbals only say dead for about 7-10 in game hours. This sort of make's it hard to keep track of alive and dead kerbals. I would like for them to stay dead tbh.. I am going to go in and see If I can edit the .cfg and make it where they do not respawn.

Edited by megatarre

Made a few that I thought I would share:

Test Pilot's Award - For courage in flying in experimental craft.

Expeditionary Command Ribbon - For being in command of a significant expedition, station or base.

Mission Command Ribbon - For being in command of a small scale mission.

Science Lead Ribbon - For being a Lead Scientist on a significant expedition, or a mission with a major scientific task.

Engineering Lead Ribbon - For being the Lead Engineer on a significant expedition or mission with a major engineering task.

Space Search & Rescue - For being involved in a search and rescue mission in space.

-- edit See my later post to download.

Edited by SmarterThanMe
updated

Made a few that I thought I would share:

http://www.polymath.com.au/temp/Custom01.png

Test Pilot's Award - For courage in flying in experimental craft.

http://www.polymath.com.au/temp/Custom02.png

Expeditionary Command Ribbon - For being in command of a significant expedition, station or base.

http://www.polymath.com.au/temp/Custom03.png

Mission Command Ribbon - For being in command of a small scale mission.

http://www.polymath.com.au/temp/Custom04.png

Science Lead Ribbon - For being a Lead Scientist on a significant expedition, or a mission with a major scientific task.

http://www.polymath.com.au/temp/Custom05.png

Engineering Lead Ribbon - For being the Lead Engineer on a significant expedition or mission with a major engineering task.

http://www.polymath.com.au/temp/Custom06.png

Space Search & Rescue - For being involved in a search and rescue mission in space.

Wow those are great!! Are you going to give permission for these to be added to the mod? I hope so.

Not sure if this is the mod doing this or not but all my dead kerbals keep comming back to life almost right after they die. For example chad kerman hit the mun and died. I loaded up another mission for jeb and went finished it. I then checked jeb's medals and boom chad was alive...

Its not the mod, its stock. But I will see if I can do anything about this...

I know that kerbals have a respawn time but, has anyone noticed how fast they come back to life? I am not sure if it's the mod or what but My kerbals only say dead for about 7-10 in game hours. This sort of make's it hard to keep track of alive and dead kerbals. I would like for them to stay dead tbh.. I am going to go in and see If I can edit the .cfg and make it where they do not respawn.

This is actually a part of the stock game, unless you have a mod that prevents dead Kerbals from respawning, you have to go into your persistence file{in your saved games folder} and find the code line that says,

DIFFICULTY

{

MissingCrewsRespawn = True

and change that to

DIFFICULTY

{

MissingCrewsRespawn = False

This will stop Kerbals from respawning on death

If there is an easy way to prevent a respawn in FF, I will do it an add an option for it later. So nobody has chane any file directly.

I believe the crew manifest mod gives you an option to prevent kerbal respawn too, or it used to, can't promise it still does...

If there is an easy way to prevent a respawn in FF, I will do it an add an option for it later. So nobody has chane any file directly.

If it helps, the TAC life support mod has something that's in-game that does this. It sets the respawn time for dead kebals to a very large number.

Note, I'm not sure how this would work / conflict if you took the same approach and someone had TAClifesupport installed too... Or any other mod that forces no/long respawn times for that matter.

Edited by wile1411

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.