[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

I have decided not to do this for a few reasons:

1. I sometimes save my savegames into a zip archive and I want to include the halloffame.ksp in a simple way (so you can't forget to include it in the zip).
  2. I wanted to make sure, that anybody who updates FF wont delete his progress just by mistake (and deleting the FF folder in GameData).
  3. The file should be easily editable; this is the main reason why I still use a separate file and don't add the data directly to the save game. This may change in a future release.

Unfortunately I was running into some path problems this way.

All good reasons. :) Figured it was worth asking.

You had originally mentioned that you could manually edit Kerbals' ribbons in HallOfFame.ksp, but that file no longer exists in the current release. Is there a way to manually add/remove ribbons with this version?

It should be there: <KSP install folder>/saves/<YourSaveGame>/halloffame.ksp

I see the changelog lists a 0.2.8 release but I don't see the download link for it.

Just give me time. 0.2.8 was a typo at first, then it should be released ASAP, but someone reported a bug in saving custom ribbons, so I delayed it. The good news: I think I know what went wrong and how to fix it. :)

Out of pure curiosity (and because I have no ability to test things in Windows), why do you need to do the following in GetRootpath()?

while(path.EndsWith("/.."))
{
path = path.Substring(0, path.Length - 3); // remove "/.."
// remove last folder in path
int p = path.LastIndexOf("/");
path = path.Substring(0, p);
}

Removing the above code fixes OS-X, of course, but I'm assuming you did that for a good reason. Just curious why, so I can stop recommending that as a solution if it's broken or only works for Linux/OS-X. What does KSPUtil.ApplicationRootPath return by default in Windows?

Out of pure curiosity (and because I have no ability to test things in Windows), why do you need to do the following in GetRootpath()?

while(path.EndsWith("/.."))
{
path = path.Substring(0, path.Length - 3); // remove "/.."
// remove last folder in path
int p = path.LastIndexOf("/");
path = path.Substring(0, p);
}

Removing the above code fixes OS-X, of course, but I'm assuming you did that for a good reason. Just curious why, so I can stop recommending that as a solution if it's broken or only works for Linux/OS-X. What does KSPUtil.ApplicationRootPath return by default in Windows?

KSPUtil.ApplicationRootPath returns something like this: "<KSP root>/KSP_Data/..". After some reports that ribbon graphics were missing, I suspected this first. A path like "a/b/x/../c" instead of just "a/b/c" is still correct but strange in some way, so I removed all ".." from the end of the path. Now I know what caused the missing ribbon graphics and the ".." had nothing to do with it. It was just a restriction of the WWW api that were loading the ribbon graphics before 0.2.7: If KSP is executed in a working directory on another drive than the KSP root path, then loading the ribbon graphics failed. But I have changed the way the graphics were loaded anyway, so this should not cause problems anymore.

The change in the root path was just a try to solve the problems for some users. And that's why I call those releases "experimental". ;) Sometimes you don't have any clue what is causing problems and just try questionable things to get any idea if this could solve an issue.

The change in the root path was just a try to solve the problems for some users. And that's why I call those releases "experimental". ;) Sometimes you don't have any clue what is causing problems and just try questionable things to get any idea if this could solve an issue.

Quite true. ;) Good to know RootPath still works like I thought it did. Thanks.

Final Frontier 0.3.0 is on Spaceport

Changes:

• new ribbon graphics
  • fixed a bug that causes custom ribbons to disappear sometimes
  • permadeath should work now; please report if its not working

The Colors for the 120sec Fast-Orbit-Ribbon are wrong. This is only a minor issue, because this ribbon is hard to get. If you want to fix it, just replace the FastOrbit5.png:

FastOrbit5.png

Edited by Nereid

Changes:

• new ribbon graphics

The Colors for the 120sec Fast-Orbit-Ribbon are wrong. This is only a minor issue, because this ribbon is hard to get. If you want to fix it, just replace the FastOrbit5.png:

http://nereid42.de/png/FastOrbit5.png

I had wondered... BTW, great mod! Really fun to see my Kerbals get awards for their suffering. :D Also works well with crew manifest for those custom named Kerbals.

Changes:

• new ribbon graphics

http://nereid42.de/png/FastOrbit5.png

[*] fixed a bug that causes custom ribbons to disappear sometimes

I'm still getting this bug with the latest version, but didn't see this till after I sent you those PM's about it.

Might I suggest the option to take away custom ribbon's? I gave jeb a custom one without putting any kind of writing in it. Now all is says is Custom 20 lol.

well looks like a bug did me some good here. I logged out and back in and boom all my custom ribbons were gone off of kerbals. I am using 3.0 version.

well looks like a bug did me some good here. I logged out and back in and boom all my custom ribbons were gone off of kerbals. I am using 3.0 version.

Ok now another bug just hit me. I went to create a new rocket and finished it, I saved it and we to exit so I could fly a plane for a test and I opened up my FF window and now all my ribbins for all my kerbals are now gone. My entire game just reset. All my space missions that were in space are now gone. In the FF window all the kerbal missions days are reset. The only thing is that all the kerbals that I hired are still there, but that's it.

Not sure if this matters but this only happend when I loaded a old space craft that I made in version 2.3-2.7 right before I went to try and fly that plane.

so far:

custom ribbons go away after restarting the game.

Now all my ribbons and my game reset ( all my flags, probes, etc.. are gone after loading up a old space craft. It's like I just started a new game. But I still have all my hired kerbals but they have no ribbons and I still have all my rockets I made, there just not in space anymore.

Edited by megatarre

Does this have to be updated to work with Blizzys toolbar? I just installed toolbar 1.6 and the FF button does not show, It recognizes the plugin and lets me set it as a button for the space center view but dont show on the toolbar so i can see the ribbons my kerbals have.

custom ribbons go away after restarting the game.

Yep. This happening for me too.

Now all my ribbons and my game reset ( all my flags, probes, etc.. are gone after loading up a old space craft. It's like I just started a new game. But I still have all my hired kerbals but they have no ribbons and I still have all my rockets I made, there just not in space anymore.

Could this be related to however permadeath was implemented? I wonder if permadeath is actually all that important when there are other mods (i.e., crew manifest) that already do it?

I will to report that my whole save game was reset. Ships in space everything. I was able to use the quick save to get it back.

Checking out debug seems ff is saving 4-8 times in a row when saving.

Have not looked much more into it had go work.

I'd love to see an option to sort by total mission time or to output a file with total mission time... If this mod also allowed you to add/remove crew in the VAB I'd consider marrying it.

Stock KSP does have this capability, simply click on the little blue kerbal icon between the construction tabs and the name of your ship. You can even have Final Frontier open at the same time to check which kerbals you should add to the ship.

I will to report that my whole save game was reset. Ships in space everything. I was able to use the quick save to get it back.

Checking out debug seems ff is saving 4-8 times in a row when saving.

Have not looked much more into it had go work.

I had no suck luck, I lost it all I have to start over, but I think I am going to wait till this bug is fixed to play atm because I really like this mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.