Nereid

[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

KSP 1.1.0  

688 members have voted

  1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

    • Yes
      230
    • No
      57
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...
      430


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Smurfalot said:

Tried that, but it is not showing any ribbons used in the actual game, just templates and custom ribbons and the search function appears to be broken.

open your SFS save file, search for "halloffamescenario" and the format is pretty simple

        ENTRY
        {
            time = [number of seconds since game started]
            name = [full name of crew member]
            code = [ribbon to award]
            data = [used for some ribbons, but not for any First ones]
        }

You can find the codes for the ribbons by clicking the Config button in the main window and then in the upper left is a button to show the codes. In this case though since you're awarding ribbons already given out, just copy all of the ones awarded to Val and change the name for each other crew member you want to give them to

Edited by Drew Kerman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/15/2020 at 12:33 PM, Drew Kerman said:

open your SFS save file, search for "halloffamescenario" and the format is pretty simple

        ENTRY
        {
            time = [number of seconds since game started]
            name = [full name of crew member]
            code = [ribbon to award]
            data = [used for some ribbons, but not for any First ones]
        }

You can find the codes for the ribbons by clicking the Config button in the main window and then in the upper left is a button to show the codes. In this case though since you're awarding ribbons already given out, just copy all of the ones awarded to Val and change the name for each other crew member you want to give them to

Thank you for explaining, it was kind of a pain to do manual bookkeeping for 16 kerbals, but I think I got it sorted.

I also figured out why some of the ribbons were spotty, my MKS/Life Support mod had turned some of the kerbals into temporary "Tourists" which apparently made them temporarily ineligible for ribbons.

Is there a way to sort that so that those temporary Tourists can get ribbons too?

Edit: also editing the save does not appear to have added them in game. Do they have to be in perfect chronological order?

Edit2: Even putting them in the same spot as Val's entries instead of lumping them all at the end seems to have helped.

Edited by Smurfalot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smurfalot said:

Is there a way to sort that so that those temporary Tourists can get ribbons too?

not that I know of

1 hour ago, Smurfalot said:

Edit: also editing the save does not appear to have added them in game. Do they have to be in perfect chronological order?

Edit2: Even putting them in the same spot as Val's entries instead of lumping them all at the end seems to have helped.

I failed to mention keeping them in chronological order. Never tried to not do that but makes sense to do so since that is how they would be generated and how the mod would expect to parse them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

not that I know of

I failed to mention keeping them in chronological order. Never tried to not do that but makes sense to do so since that is how they would be generated and how the mod would expect to parse them

Thanks for the help, it all worked out in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might be a stupid question, but if I add this to an already existing save, it should display all the awards right? Even when I haven't use Final Frontier before? Or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

This might be a stupid question, but if I add this to an already existing save, it should display all the awards right? Even when I haven't use Final Frontier before? Or not?

It won't retroactively add the awards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, razark said:

It won't retroactively add the awards.

But you can manually add awards on a per kerbal basis if you need to.  It's much more fun to start with this mod from the beginning of your save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, razark said:

It won't retroactively add the awards.

You could probably manually add the awards...

-- edit

Oh, I see that Brigadier beat me to it (by several hours). Kudos!

Edited by SmarterThanMe
Credit where credit is due.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is it possible to Scale final Frontier with the UI/Resolution playing on 4 k and the Font size is so tiny. I can barely read it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


A slightly odd request, but one that didn't seem to have come up, yet, when searching the thread...would it be possible to add a ribbon for Kerbal diving EVAs?

That is, making an EVA underwater, on the seabed of a planet/moon with water. Maybe with the cutoff/cheaty definition of "making an EVA at '-500 m' altitude," to be expedient.

This is actually perfectly possible for a Kerbal to do, last time I checked, by using KIS to have them carry sufficient "ballast," like a concrete block, to weigh 'em down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2020 at 6:27 PM, GamboDE said:

is it possible to Scale final Frontier with the UI/Resolution playing on 4 k and the Font size is so tiny. I can barely read it...

Maybe. I will think about it. But I do not have that much time the next weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't find an answer to this anywhere so I made an account to ask this. I already have the 1.9 version of Final Frontier installed on my 1.10 installation. I want to update to the new 1.10 version of the mod, but how do I do that and will it remove ribbons from Kerbals who've already earned them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sherb said:

I can't find an answer to this anywhere so I made an account to ask this. I already have the 1.9 version of Final Frontier installed on my 1.10 installation. I want to update to the new 1.10 version of the mod, but how do I do that and will it remove ribbons from Kerbals who've already earned them?

Regardless of your installation method, you won't lose the ribbons assignments because they're stored in the persistence (game) file, not in the mod folder.  If you don't how to install a mod (which you must have done to get FF in the first place), I think there's a topic on it on this forum.  Also, there are instructions on the first page of this topic (I probably should have led with that:P).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Relonsk said:

My ribbons aren't appearing.

That probably indicates the mod is not working for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/25/2020 at 9:33 AM, Relonsk said:

My ribbons aren't appearing.

Sorry to hear but I'm afraid you need to be a little more descriptive if you expect a serious answer (no offence to @razarkfor the pithy remark).  Posting a picture that captures your problem and a short explanation of what you are doing when you expected to see the ribbons would help.

How did you install FF?  Which versions of KSP and the FF mod are you running?  See the link in my sig block for general guidance on how to report problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Sorry to hear but I'm afraid you need to be a little more descriptive if you expect a serious answer (no offence to @razarkfor the pithy remark).  Posting a picture that captures your problem and a short explanation of what you are doing when you expected to see the ribbons would help.

How did you install FF?  Which versions of KSP and the FF mod are you running?  See the link in my sig block for general guidance on how to report problems.

Fixed the problem, the problem was that i extracted the Final frontier folder only, and not the Nereid Folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.