Nereid

[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

KSP 1.1.0  

678 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Smurfalot said:

Tried that, but it is not showing any ribbons used in the actual game, just templates and custom ribbons and the search function appears to be broken.

open your SFS save file, search for "halloffamescenario" and the format is pretty simple

ENTRY
        {
            time = [number of seconds since game started]
            name = [full name of crew member]
            code = [ribbon to award]
            data = [used for some ribbons, but not for any First ones]
        }

You can find the codes for the ribbons by clicking the Config button in the main window and then in the upper left is a button to show the codes. In this case though since you're awarding ribbons already given out, just copy all of the ones awarded to Val and change the name for each other crew member you want to give them to

Edited by Drew Kerman

Posted (edited)
On 6/15/2020 at 12:33 PM, Drew Kerman said:

open your SFS save file, search for "halloffamescenario" and the format is pretty simple

ENTRY
        {
            time = [number of seconds since game started]
            name = [full name of crew member]
            code = [ribbon to award]
            data = [used for some ribbons, but not for any First ones]
        }

You can find the codes for the ribbons by clicking the Config button in the main window and then in the upper left is a button to show the codes. In this case though since you're awarding ribbons already given out, just copy all of the ones awarded to Val and change the name for each other crew member you want to give them to

Thank you for explaining, it was kind of a pain to do manual bookkeeping for 16 kerbals, but I think I got it sorted.

I also figured out why some of the ribbons were spotty, my MKS/Life Support mod had turned some of the kerbals into temporary "Tourists" which apparently made them temporarily ineligible for ribbons.

Is there a way to sort that so that those temporary Tourists can get ribbons too?

Edit: also editing the save does not appear to have added them in game. Do they have to be in perfect chronological order?

Edit2: Even putting them in the same spot as Val's entries instead of lumping them all at the end seems to have helped.

Edited by Smurfalot

Is there a way to sort that so that those temporary Tourists can get ribbons too?

not that I know of

Edit: also editing the save does not appear to have added them in game. Do they have to be in perfect chronological order?

Edit2: Even putting them in the same spot as Val's entries instead of lumping them all at the end seems to have helped.

I failed to mention keeping them in chronological order. Never tried to not do that but makes sense to do so since that is how they would be generated and how the mod would expect to parse them

4 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

not that I know of

I failed to mention keeping them in chronological order. Never tried to not do that but makes sense to do so since that is how they would be generated and how the mod would expect to parse them

Thanks for the help, it all worked out in the end.

This might be a stupid question, but if I add this to an already existing save, it should display all the awards right? Even when I haven't use Final Frontier before? Or not?

1 hour ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

This might be a stupid question, but if I add this to an already existing save, it should display all the awards right? Even when I haven't use Final Frontier before? Or not?

It won't retroactively add the awards.

35 minutes ago, razark said:

But you can manually add awards on a per kerbal basis if you need to.  It's much more fun to start with this mod from the beginning of your save.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, razark said:

You could probably manually add the awards...

-- edit

Oh, I see that Brigadier beat me to it (by several hours). Kudos!

Edited by SmarterThanMe
Credit where credit is due.

is it possible to Scale final Frontier with the UI/Resolution playing on 4 k and the Font size is so tiny. I can barely read it...

A slightly odd request, but one that didn't seem to have come up, yet, when searching the thread...would it be possible to add a ribbon for Kerbal diving EVAs?

That is, making an EVA underwater, on the seabed of a planet/moon with water. Maybe with the cutoff/cheaty definition of "making an EVA at '-500 m' altitude," to be expedient.

This is actually perfectly possible for a Kerbal to do, last time I checked, by using KIS to have them carry sufficient "ballast," like a concrete block, to weigh 'em down.

On 7/1/2020 at 6:27 PM, GamboDE said:

is it possible to Scale final Frontier with the UI/Resolution playing on 4 k and the Font size is so tiny. I can barely read it...

Maybe. I will think about it. But I do not have that much time the next weeks.