[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

I have the issue that the F key, thats used to temporairy disable the SAS also brings up FF screen, what is really frustrating, beeing in the middle of some a landing, then suddenly that screen pops up, while you ment to disable for a sec the SAS, and cant seem to find how to disable this, only to reassign the F key to interrupt the SAS to a other key as default leaving F to final frontier, or do i miss something.

Bug report: I'm getting the 6 G's ribbon when doing a spacewalk. All the spacewalks in question were from a part-heavy space station, but there don't seem to be any other common factors. Could these be transient forces rearing their ugly heads?

Are you doing some pretty serious thrusting about while EVA?

Nope. Can you get even 1 G from a jetpack? I know you can't use it to get airborne on Kerbin...

I just checked, and the ribbon is awarded when the kerbal first goes on EVA, before they let go of the ladder.

EDIT: this bug happens with a large (150-part) ship, but not with a Mun lander. So the key factor may be ship size and/or lag.

Before: MK2Nzjz.jpg

After: lmm4aJN.jpg

So yeah, I'm pretty sure this is a real bug.

Edited by Starstrider42

Nope. Can you get even 1 G from a jetpack? I know you can't use it to get airborne on Kerbin...

I just checked, and the ribbon is awarded when the kerbal first goes on EVA, before they let go of the ladder.

Before: http://i.imgur.com/MK2Nzjz.jpg

After: http://i.imgur.com/lmm4aJN.jpg

So yeah, I'm pretty sure this is a real bug.

I've had issue with my kerbals flying off ladders in the past; perhaps it is a bug with stock KSP which applies phantom forces to kerbals going on EVA?

I've had issue with my kerbals flying off ladders in the past; perhaps it is a bug with stock KSP which applies phantom forces to kerbals going on EVA?

Actually that bug is due to the Kerbal clipping into the craft partially and the physics engine giving him a stern smack on the wrist for breaking the universe

I was recently playing the game when I noticed my Saitek X52 joystick wasn't working so I unplugged it and plugged it back in. My computer seized up and I had to power off and power back on the machine. I immediately went to reload KSP and it hung up during load. After some mucking around with no success (including replacing all stock files and Module Manager DLL) I decided I had to just pull all my mod folders out of the GameData folder and start putting them back in one by one and keeping an eye on the KSP.log file. When I got to FinalFrontier, the KSP.log file was flooded with these exceptions:

[EXC 00:34:46.146] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

There were 358 of them throughout the file, not just in the area where FF stuff is loaded.

I removed the FF folder and the exceptions went away. I continued adding folders and found a similar effect with the RCS Build Aid mod. With either of these two folders in GameData KSP would hang on load. So I deleted them both and re-downloaded them. Now with both folders in GameData with all the rest the game loads fine, but the exceptions still occur - but only with FF, no longer with RCS Build Aid.

yea, it works fine for me with all the exceptions too, now that I've cleaned up everything else that was causing problems. I actually got exception errors from a number of mods that I had to redownload and replace because I guess they got corrupted when my computer froze. However FF is the only one I've replaced that still throws a bajillion exceptions. Distant Objects throws one and Protractor throws four. Here is what it looks like in the output_log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at FlightGlobals.get_ActiveVessel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Nereid.FinalFrontier.FinalFrontier.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

Haven't looked through the whole log but all the exceptions appear to be this same block of code

Edited by Gaiiden

Im back with some input. Finally got this working again, install had corrupted itself and I sat down to figure that out and reinstall it.

I know with the name you like the F key, but since its tied by default to SAS already, might want to think of another hotkeystroke for those that dont use the toolbar.

Anyway we can edit the badge list to change who was "first"? Im installing this and using it on career mode, which unfortunately got started well before this was installed. Would like to reflect which kerbal was really "first" on the moon and a few other things

Considering Jeb is still stuck on the moon, Im sure he would love a shiny award for being first when he gets rescued.

EDIT: Also getting the EVA 6G bug as described previously.

BUG 2: Went to award the "station" medal, after I had edited its text, and now it will not award to the kerbal. Ive not tried it on other kerbals.

Edited by zapman987

Anyway we can edit the badge list to change who was "first"? Im installing this and using it on career mode, which unfortunately got started well before this was installed. Would like to reflect which kerbal was really "first" on the moon and a few other things

What you're asking can be pretty easily done with save file editing. Back up, then open, halloffame.ksp in your save directory. You want to change a line that looks like:

6067486.46822176 L:Mun Jebediah Kerman

to one that looks like:

6067486.46822176 L1:Mun Jebediah Kerman

Same applies for any other "firsts" -- just add a 1 after the letter code (or remove the 1, for kerbals who don't deserve to be first).

If you want to do more extensive edits, like adding ribbons retroactively, you might find Nachocuban's and my lists of codes helpful: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67246-0-23-Final-Frontier-0-3-9?p=1014154&viewfull=1#post1014154.

I wonder if we can get 'captured Asteroid' ribbon, for having a ship that has an asteroid as a part of it (to describe how the new parts work) in a stable orbit around any body but the Sun? It seems to me the logic is there for it to be able to detect the condition :)

First off I love this mod, but I've run into an odd problem. It was working fine until, when I had it open I accidentally rightclicked on it and the window disappeared and now won't open. I've tried re-installing it but it doesn't work. I'll keep working at it, but if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Updated: I think this problem is related to the toolbar and not final frontier as I've now done the same thing to kerbal alarm clock. Still looking for a solution

Edited by Brapness

First off I love this mod, but I've run into an odd problem. It was working fine until, when I had it open I accidentally rightclicked on it and the window disappeared and now won't open. I've tried re-installing it but it doesn't work. I'll keep working at it, but if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Updated: I think this problem is related to the toolbar and not final frontier as I've now done the same thing to kerbal alarm clock. Still looking for a solution

Try deleting the toolbar settings file in your Game Data folder.

This has probably already been mentioned. When viewing the configuration window the green light is on next to "Permadeath Enabled" when permadeath is disabled. It would make more sense to have the green light off when permadeath is disabled, or simply change the text to "Permadeath Disabled". It is confusing as it is.

I ran into one today, the certified badass ribbon won't let me award it. I haven't tried changing the text, but I did on the wings ribbon and I've been able to award it just fine.

I can confirm that Certified Badass doesn't register whether or not you change the text (though the amended text DOES get logged to halloffame.ksp). Not sure if this bug requires specific circumstances or not. Happens with KSP 0.23.

Partial workaround: award the kerbal with For all Kerbalkind (or some other ribbon you'll be able to recognize in the log), then after you've closed the game open halloffame.ksp and replace X4 (etc.) with X3. The Certified Badass ribbon will stay in the log, but it won't show up in-game.

Edited by Starstrider42
Version numbers matter!