[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

Yup im using ATM, could be the cause, worked until recently but there has been a major update. I'll see if i can black list FF stuff.

It worked perfectly, thanks Cydonian. If anyone else has problems with this you can use this Active Texture Management Config, although I set the main scale to 4 instead of 2 to reduced memory use further, easy to change back just change "scale = 4" to "scale = 2".

Thank you very much

Yup im using ATM, could be the cause, worked until recently but there has been a major update. I'll see if i can black list FF stuff.

It worked perfectly, thanks Cydonian. If anyone else has problems with this you can use this Active Texture Management Config, although I set the main scale to 4 instead of 2 to reduced memory use further, easy to change back just change "scale = 4" to "scale = 2".

That's kind of strange. I use ATM myself, and the only problem with the new version was that all the FF textures were a bit too fuzzy. Did you have the "aggressive" mode on? I've never dared use that one...

I really like the idea of this mod. I seemed to have a problem though. I started a new career and ran my first mission. Just a single command pod mk1 to gather basic science in and around the launch pad. Jeb was selected for the job. After the mission, I look at Jeb's ribbons and he got the +6 gees ribbon. Pretty strange considering the pod didn't even move.

I really like the idea of this mod. I seemed to have a problem though. I started a new career and ran my first mission. Just a single command pod mk1 to gather basic science in and around the launch pad. Jeb was selected for the job. After the mission, I look at Jeb's ribbons and he got the +6 gees ribbon. Pretty strange considering the pod didn't even move.

It's a known bug - every time a kerbal goes on EVA, they get the 6G ribbon.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

It's a known bug - every time a kerbal goes on EVA, they get the 6G ribbon.

Pretty sure it has to do with how Kerbals are loaded. Similar to how rockets are put on the pad and THEN physics is applied, I think Kerbals are loaded the same way. They are put on the ladder and THEN physics get applied resulting in the 6g load.

Pretty sure it has to do with how Kerbals are loaded. Similar to how rockets are put on the pad and THEN physics is applied, I think Kerbals are loaded the same way. They are put on the ladder and THEN physics get applied resulting in the 6g load.

Sounds like we need a Kerbal (Arm) Joint Reinforcement to ease the physics load! :P

Is there a place where can find a previous version of this mod? 0.3.7 for example?

Yes, on Spaceport. Download 0.3.9, then ask your browser for a copy of the file's download link (you can't get it directly from the button, alas). Copy the link into your browser, and replace 0.3.9 with 0.3.7.

This is a lovely mod. But why the freaking hell does the F key open the window in flight? This makes EVAs a real nuisance when they shouldn't be. What's worse is that there's no way to change this behaviour either. I'm sorry but that's just a stupid keybind. (This behaviour appears random but is no less dumb for it.)

Edited by phoenix_ca

This is a lovely mod. But why the freaking hell does the F key open the window in flight? This makes EVAs a real nuisance when they shouldn't be. What's worse is that there's no way to change this behaviour either. I'm sorry but that's just a stupid keybind. (This behaviour appears random but is no less dumb for it.)

It should be Alt+F that toggles the window (press F and it comes up? Press it again to toggle off, than Alt+F twice to pin it up then off again like it should be). For some reason, the 0.23.5 update changed that so sometimes, FF acts like you're already pressing Alt so pressing F to board toggles the window. Just a little bug is all.

It should be Alt+F that toggles the window (press F and it comes up? Press it again to toggle off, than Alt+F twice to pin it up then off again like it should be). For some reason, the 0.23.5 update changed that so sometimes, FF acts like you're already pressing Alt so pressing F to board toggles the window. Just a little bug is all.

Pressing F only once also causes the window to come up. Not sometimes- freaking always.

The next version should either include a way to change the hotkey (why would anyone put it on "F" to start with?) or remove the hotkey altogether (I really don't see a need since there's toolbar integration)...

Will there be an option to write a Resume for living Kerbals and a Eulogy for dead Kerbals? Sometimes a little text is needed in addition to ribbons to remember what happened...

Also, will there be a way to sort dead Kerbals with a means other than alphabetically? Such as sorting by date of death, date of hiring, or a custom sorting based on which mission they died on?

BTW This is my favorite among all of my mods so far... sure, TAC LS makes it hard to keep them alive but only FF makes me _want_ to keep them alive! Adds a lot of challenge and really ups the ante.

It might be little, but it's one that goes under "little, but very, very, very annoying."

I've gotta go with Banana on this. We should have a way to tweak the hotkey, or at least turn it off. Just like Banana, I don't see the point in having a hardcoded hotkey when there's toolbar integration.

It might be little, but it's one that goes under "little, but very, very, very annoying."

I've gotta go with Banana on this. We should have a way to tweak the hotkey, or at least turn it off. Just like Banana, I don't see the point in having a hardcoded hotkey when there's toolbar integration.

Toolbar isn't working for me with this plugin, but Alt-F is fine.

Toolbar isn't working for me with this plugin, but Alt-F is fine.

I'm guessing you over wrote the toolbar folder with the one in this mod

This mod has the older version that doesn't work in .23.5 you have to install only the FF folder and reinstall the latest toolbar mod to make it work.

Will there be an option to write a Resume for living Kerbals and a Eulogy for dead Kerbals? Sometimes a little text is needed in addition to ribbons to remember what happened...

You might try the notepad mod. It won't be integrated with FF, of course, but I've found it quite handy for keeping mission logs and other detailed records.

You might try the notepad mod. It won't be integrated with FF, of course, but I've found it quite handy for keeping mission logs and other detailed records.

Now that is what is missing! This would be grade A perfect if there was a good mission log, maybe even incorporating what the "crashed" log said after mission completion into the kerbalnaut logbook, or a separate mission logbook. Specifically, a "mission control" page that allows you to write in a Mission # (i.e. STS-314), mission summary and objectives and then criteria for mission completion. Then award ribbons.

As I said earlier, I would love to see the wing ribbons replace with a larger, actual wings (silver astronaut, kerbalnaut wings; gold after 1st mission, master (star) after 10 missions, chief (star w/wreath) after 25 missions replacing the mission number ribbons. Separate wings for spaceplanes (e.g. KSO). The wing pngs are out there, especially the civilian astronaut mixed with U.S. Air Force and foreign country wings (Brits have an interesting one).

Challenge for some of you coder out there?

Is there a way to remove a ribbon from a Kerbal? Specfically the "First Kerbal in Space Ribbon", because it was awarded to a Kerbal who wasn't even in space

That is most interesting, but you should be able to edit it out of the Hall of Fame. Not sure how to open that though.

Is there a way to remove a ribbon from a Kerbal? Specfically the "First Kerbal in Space Ribbon", because it was awarded to a Kerbal who wasn't even in space

This is a FAQ: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67246-0-23-Final-Frontier-0-3-9?p=1050937&viewfull=1#post1050937

However, there's no non-first Kerbal in Space ribbon, so just remove the line with S1 entirely.

I'm curious to know how you got this bug, though. Was it a Kerbin surface EVA?

I'm curious to know how you got this bug, though. Was it a Kerbin surface EVA?

Thank you very much for help.

Yes, I was driving around the KSC with a manned rover and went EVA several times.

Edited by Vorox

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.