[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

Nereid, check the functionality of your kerbal permadeath option. If I set MissingCrewsRespawn manually and I even touch that button ingame it resets the setting back to "true" no matter what state i leave the button in. Jeb keeps coming back like some sort of astrozombie.

Cheers, keep up the great work. I CANT WAIT for an update.

Cheers for a link!

This is actually really awesome, I wish I had used it from the start of my save game though. As things are all the kerbals on my concurrent 8 missions all got First Kerbal In Space awards when I loaded it. Thats what I get for starting with it halfway through I guess. Can I edit its save file to change what awards kerbals have?

First thanks to SmarterThanMe for keeping track of the bug reports. That saves a lot of work for me. :)

No worries. I have a few more custom ribbons that have been suggested by people that I'll upload as soon as I get a chance.

Oh, and welcome back!

Not sure if this was suggested, actually I would be surprised if it wasn't suggested already, but I'll toss it out anyway...

Is there any way to edit the amount of "stupidity" and "courage" that kerbals have? Why not increase those levels (or decrease them depending on what's better). There are other mods (MKS comes to mind), that use those numbers to effect the rates at which things happen (IE dumber kerbals generate science slower for example).

So why not, in addition to keeping track of what the kerbals have achieved, up their stats as they accomplish things.

Ok, I'm trying to apply this wonderful mod to my current save. So far I've gotten all the Ribbons to the correct kerbals. My mission count is also correct. The only thing I can't seem to do is give the kerbals their correct mission time. I tried by inputting seconds in L+ and M+, but it seems to ignore that. Any help?

Example of what didn't work:

11111111.1111111 L+ Jebediah Kerman

17281111.1111111 M+ Jebediah Kerman

Ok' date=' I'm trying to apply this wonderful mod to my current save. So far I've gotten all the Ribbons to the correct kerbals. My mission count is also correct. The only thing I can't seem to do is give the kerbals their correct mission time. I tried by inputting seconds in L+ and M+, but it seems to ignore that. Any help?

Example of what didn't work:[/quote']

It should work. I will check this today. But I will have to upgrade my KSP and my development environment to 0.23.5 first.

BTW: At the time I was thinking of this mod I never thought that so many people attach so much importance on correct record times and the number of missions flown.

To keep expectations low, the plan for today is:

1. Compile a version for 0.23.5.
  2. Take care of the ALT-F bug. If no easy fix is possible, then I will disable ALT-F temporary.
  3. Add texture-Compression config to prevent "black ribbons" when the texture compression mod is used.
  4. Provide a download link & upload FF to curseforge.

Edited by Nereid

It should work. I will check this today. But I will have to upgrade my KSP and my development environment to 0.23.5 first.

BTW: At the time I was thinking of this mod I never thought that so many people attach so much importance on correct record times and the number of missions flown.

2. Take care of the ALT-F bug. If no easy fix is possible, then I will disable ALT-F temporary.
  3. Add texture-Compression config to prevent "black ribbons" when the texture compression mod is used.

Lowered Expectations!

lowered-expectations-300x225.jpg

A compile for 0.23.5 would be quite the treat! ;)

Just wanted to say thank you real quick! A small thanks for posting a working link by MeCripp and a big thank you to Nereid for responding eventhough he had little time this week and also for making this awesome mod; it shall never be uninstalled!

Cheers!

A compile for 0.23.5 would be quite the treat! ;)

Well, at least you need to remember how to change the references to UnityEngine.dll and Assembly-CSharp.dll in Microsoft Visual Studio Express. Software designed by Microsoft you know? ;) So yes, it's quite an adventure. I would prefer Eclipse to compile C# and if there is enough time some day I will check if there is a good Eclipse-Plugin that can handle this.

BTW: I have made the hotkey optional in the config (I thought I did this already) and changed some member variables to volatile. Maybe the ALT-F bug is a multithreading problem, because for me it works flawless. Some day I will check if there is a better solution for detecting a keypress in KSP than my way to do this...

Edited by Nereid

I was just thinking how cool something like this would be, as there is no way to track experience or any milestones like first in space etc.

Have you considered adding a rank/promotion system? Apologies if that's been discussed earlier, 65 pages is a lot to try to wade through. :)

Final Frontier 0.3.11 is online

Changes:

• the hotkey F can now disabled in the config
  • kerbals wont get an high Gee ribbon on EVA anymore (causes trouble)
  • texture compression config added (please let me know if this wont work)

Maybe there are some other updates later this day.

EDIT: the download link is on the first page. Or just try to download this: FinalFrontier

Edited by Nereid

Nereid, I don't want to sound like a broken record but I want to make sure my post doesn't get buried. Please check the functionality of your Permadeath button. I explain a few pages back.

Nereid, I don't want to sound like a broken record but I want to make sure my post doesn't get buried. Please check the functionality of your Permadeath button. I explain a few pages back.

Dont worry. Its still on the todo list.

Nereid, check the functionality of your kerbal permadeath option. If I set MissingCrewsRespawn manually and I even touch that button ingame it resets the setting back to "true" no matter what state i leave the button in. Jeb keeps coming back like some sort of astrozombie.

Cheers, keep up the great work. I CANT WAIT for an update.

Well... sometimes I should realy READ the names of some fields...

The code was:

public static void SetPermadeathEnabled(bool enabled)
{
HighLogic.CurrentGame.Parameters.Difficulty.MissingCrewsRespawn = enabled;

So it's forcing permadeath to off if enabled and vice versa... fix is on the way... have to test the Gee-Force ribbon first

Final Frontier 0.3.12 is online

Changes:

• Permadeath option corrected (please test this and report)
  • Certified Badass ribbon id changed (should work now; dunno why id 3 wont work)
  • Kerbal logbook no longer scrolls only a few lines

Download FinalFrontier

Edited by Nereid

Nevermind. It was my fault of course :P. I picked an enddate for the mission that was later than the current date.

I've got a cool idea for the mod though: Give us, as the 'mission controllers', a separate screen for ribbons. Kind of like the ribbons you see in everyone's sig on the forums. Would be cool to see all the accomplishments you made ingame.

(Also, it would be really handy if we could add/delete ribbons/time/dockings in the kerbal screen ingame instead of opening the file in notepad++).

Good work on the mod! Thanks for the updates, really enjoying it thus far.

Edited by teal'c

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.