[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

The plugin is labeled April 2nd while the cfg file is June 15th.. I downloaded the most recent one only 3 days ago. I'm not smart enough to mess with any settings. All the configs in BOULDER are April 5th.

Basic or agressive version? (please tell me the name of the ATM zip-archive you are using)

And: can you provide a screenshot of the blurred ribbons?

should I move something from your folder into it?

No. It should work out of the box.

I think that I might have fixed it. If you go into the gamedata folder and delete the FinalFrontier.dat file it might fix it. I did that with mine and it seems to have fixed it. Also, I have figured out that if you right click a window it closes it and you cannot re-open it unless you reset the window positions. I think that might have been what I did, right clicked both windows.

I will try to get any clue what is happening here. But to be honest, I have never tried to right click any window in the latest few releases.

Edited by Nereid

Basic or agressive version? (please tell me the name of the ATM zip-archive you are using)

And: can you provide a screenshot of the blurred ribbons?

No. It should work out of the box.

I'm using the basic version. ActiveTextureManagement-Basic-3-1

And this is what it looks like

0cDWGbM.png

I'm using the basic version. ActiveTextureManagement-Basic-3-1

And this is what it looks like

Ok, this looks quite strange. Just an idea:

1. try to locate the file GameData\Nereid\FinalFrontier\TextureCompression.cfg
  2. Open this file in a text editor of your choice
  3. Change the line "mipmaps = true" to "mipmaps = false"
  4. Start KSP

GhostShark has solved his problems by changing this. See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/84409-NanoGauges-tiny-analogue-gauges-for-kerbalnauts-0-4-11?p=1246778&viewfull=1#post1246778

The next release of FF will contain this configuration change. But I don't have any idea why the actual configuration works for some and not for others...

I think that I might have fixed it. If you go into the gamedata folder and delete the FinalFrontier.dat file it might fix it. I did that with mine and it seems to have fixed it. Also, I have figured out that if you right click a window it closes it and you cannot re-open it unless you reset the window positions. I think that might have been what I did, right clicked both windows.

Ok, I have checked this. In my own game right clicking won't do anything. Not on a button, not on a ribbon. But in my development copy (with another subset of mods installed and the very latest version of FF) right clicking will cause that problem some users are reporting. The good news: resetting window positions will help. I will need a bit more time to get the exact reason that is causing this. It may be some other mod, it may be a small change in FF.

I can add an optional hotkey for reseting window positions if this would help in the meantime...

Edited by Nereid

Ok, this looks quite strange. Just an idea:

1. try to locate the file GameData\Nereid\FinalFrontier\TextureCompression.cfg
  2. Open this file in a text editor of your choice
  3. Change the line "mipmaps = true" to "mipmaps = false"
  4. Start KSP

GhostShark has solved his problems by changing this. See http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/84409-NanoGauges-tiny-analogue-gauges-for-kerbalnauts-0-4-11?p=1246778&viewfull=1#post1246778

The next release of FF will contain this configuration change. But I don't have any idea why the actual configuration works for some and not for others...

That worked. Thank you.

Ok, simple feature request that could lead into something bigger later.

In the kerbal details page, add a specialization button with multiple options

Military, Pilot, Science, Engineer, Medical, Civilian, Soldier

Allow the user to choose any and all options and make them persistent per Kerbal. That way we can keep track of what Kerbal does what. If you tie these to any auto awards so be it. I'm working on a medical and military ribbon if you're interested.

Here is a demo of some of my work. Tell me what you want and I can do it. Ignore the black bars on top and bottom, I can remove that.

qSzXhc6.png

Edited by UAL002

Ok, simple feature request that could lead into something bigger later.

In the kerbal details page, add a specialization button with multiple options

First I will have to analyze a few reported bugs. The right-mousclick-makes-windows-disappear-bug has top priority at the moment.

Maybe i will add some kind of notes for a kerbal where I can add some kind of specialization. The source code is already prepared for such kind of extensions.

Here is a demo of some of my work. Tell me what you want and I can do it. Ignore the black bars on top and bottom, I can remove that.

http://i.imgur.com/qSzXhc6.png

Well, can you create any kind of medal? Maybe we can add this later.

Allow the user to choose any and all options and make them persistent per Kerbal. That way we can keep track of what Kerbal does what. If you tie these to any auto awards so be it. I'm working on a medical and military ribbon if you're interested.

+1, but I think Nereid (and everyone else) knows that I've been agitating for something like this for a while. ;)

http://i.imgur.com/qSzXhc6.png

Good work!

The dimensions of the ribbons at the moment is 120x32. If you send me a PM (and be patient, I have a 2yo), I'll send you the white base that I've been using to create the ribbons that are visually the same as the ones already there.

of the ribbons at the moment is 120x32. If you send me a PM (and be patient, I have a 2yo), I'll send you the white base that I've been using to create the ribbons that are visually the same as the ones already there.

If anybody shows interest, I can send them a Java program that I have created for my personal use to create ribbons. But Its not very flexible. It can only choose some predefined ribbon styles, place decorations, and colors on the ribbon. Adding new ribbons have to be done manually in a propertery-file.

Do you mean the little metal pins that go inside the ribbons? For repeat decorations? If so, yes that was my next plan of attack.

If you mean full medal, yes I can do it, but you will need to give me some direction and time as I have no previous work started there.

Do you mean the little metal pins that go inside the ribbons? For repeat decorations? If so, yes that was my next plan of attack.

If you mean full medal, yes I can do it, but you will need to give me some direction and time as I have no previous work started there.

Both. Full medal... well, I dunno, perhaps we can gather some ideas here.

SmarterThanMe, I didnt realize you were making ribbons too. I dont want to encroach on your territory. I can back off this and try medals/ ranks if need be. I can try and gussy up that rank image you made a few posts back.

EDIT: "The dimensions of the ribbons at the moment is 120x32" -acknowledged

SmarterThanMe, I didnt realize you were making ribbons too. I dont want to encroach on your territory. I can back off this and try medals/ ranks if need be. I can try and gussy up that rank image you made a few posts back.

No worries! This isn't my mod, it's Nereid's. I just occasionally make ribbons when I get bored. If you want to have a go, have a go. If you want to improve anything I've done, go ahead. My priority in life is my daughter, with KSP coming way way down the list. So, yeah, if you have more time...

If you want any of my existing files, let me know. I use Fireworks to do stuff, so I can send you layered Fireworks PNG's if you like.

Yea, no kids here. Tell you what I'll do. I'll get a few sets put together in my style, but sort of copy your color scheme and makes some minor improvements where necessary. Ill make them the right dimensions too. And we can sort of feed each other ideas. My thoughts are to make a sort of more photo-real version. Maybe even give the end user a choice. Or have an alternate "skinpack"

Whatever really. Like you. I'm bored.

EDIT: On second though, yes, send me what you got. I can try and make some medals in your style. Much less effort involved.

Edited by UAL002

Still not getting a patch for 'first Kerbal in space'. Well and truely left the atmosphere but nothing. Was able to get the 'First EVA in space' or whatever while on a parabolic trajectory. Using version 0.4.17.

Here's an interesting question. With Ippy having released his individual crew files system, could FF be adapted to make use of such functionality for the features that SmarterThanMe wants? It can, in theory, track each kerbal as a complete individual, with merits, ranks, whatever you want to add. From what I understand, it saves this information into the persistent file as well, so it could be leveraged for easy use of making them have specific titles or ranks.

I know Ippy plans to use it for his DangIt mod (which I look forward to seeing finished) to track the perks for your repair levels on each kerbal. It could even, oddly enough, probably be adapted to an experience system so that kerbals that do more, in theory, get 'better' ribbons awarded for their achievements.

Ok, I have found the "bug" that causes the strange right-mouse-click-kills-window behavior. It's quite simple indeed and do happen in my real game, too. It just happens at space center only. And this may of importance for all modders, so I will describe the problem in detail:

Even in vanilla KSP at a right mouse click anywhere at space center the mouse pointer centers. Ok, nothing special. But Most of us call

GUI.DragWindow();

without any further checks in their window drawing method. And it seem that a right mouse click drags the window instantly over a wide area (about 10000 pixel and more). So the window is dragged way out of the screen (not possible with a real drag) and never comes back.

To reset all mistakenly dragged window I will add a CheckBounds method that move such windows back to screen. Secondly I will check for a left button press to accept drags only.

Until a new version is released: DON'T right click any FF or NanoGauge window on space center!

Edited by Nereid

Unfortunately it's not that easy to detect a left mouse button for a drag in a window. Well, not the detection is the problem, but to do the drag in a correct manner. I'm still experimenting; if nothing will work, I will release it just with the check for the window positions. That will still behave weird but leaves the windows on screen.

EDIT: I just see the toolbar does it right. So I will investigate the code there...

EDIT2: Well, the toolbar does nothing special. But its not affected by this bug. So there are some other yet unknown dependencies. FF and some other mods are affected. Maybe some GUILayout call cause this. I still don't know. But it's very easy to reproduce in FF: just a right mouse click at SC in a window will move the window thousands of pixel.

EDIT3: It's very strange. The position of a right clicked window is still correct directly after DragWindow(). But in the next frame (just before DragWindow()) the window is way out of the screen. This behavior is completely gone, if DragWindow() is not called - all is fine then. So DragWindow() is causing this but not directly. And even when nothing is drawn in the window it will do the same strange things on a right mouse click...

Edited by Nereid

Still not getting a patch for 'first Kerbal in space'. Well and truely left the atmosphere but nothing. Was able to get the 'First EVA in space' or whatever while on a parabolic trajectory. Using version 0.4.17.

Confirmed. I'm investigating this, too.

EDIT: Yes. Leaving the atmosphere wasn't correctly detected in all versions prior to 0.4.19. So awarding the first-in-space ribbons was pure random until 0.4.19. Often they were awarded, because the check for all preliminaries were just done at the right moment. But if they were not, then no first-in-space ribbon. Now the detection should work. The max-gee-force ribbon had suffered from the same bug. Fixed, too.

Edited by Nereid

Final Frontier 0.4.19 is online

Changes:

• First Kerbin in Space ribbon fixed; was not awarded in every situation before.
  • Fixed detection of max sustained gee force.
  • Fixed a very nasty bug, that causes windows to disappear forever, if they were right-clicked at Space Center.
    ALL windows should reappear in 0.4.19!

Download FinalFrontier

Edited by Nereid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.