[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

I'm using whichever version was listed at the stable one in the OP and I'm wondering if the ribbons at the end of the list actually work or if they're just there for fun? The ones about courage and chief science officers and the like? The wings ribbons is down there and it's not being awarded for piloting/landing flights, so...?

I recently went to Dres, and noticed a little "bug." All the Dres ribbons are identical to the Ike ribbons. I checked the actual file folder with the Dres ribbons to see if they were indeed identical (and not a programming problem), and they are indeed identicalcopies of the Ike ribbons.

I also had a couple of ideas for ribbons:

Asteroids: I don't know if there is any specific way to tell if a vessel is docking with an asteroid as opposed to another vessel, but a ribbon for docking with an asteroid, and one for sample collecting from one.

Base/Colony: Similar to the station ribbon, have a ribbon specifically for Kerbals who participate in long-term missions on a Munar (or other) base, and another ribbon for joining a colony.

Custom "Custom" ribbons: As far as I understand it (admittedly I haven't actually checked to see if this is true), the custom ribbons that are available are hard-coded into FF. The fact that there are custom ribbons is great (I've already used a couple of them), but it be nice if we could also put in our own custom designs as well.

BTW, this addon is by far one of my most favourite addons. Now that I've completed the tech tree, it really gives me something else to work for, above and beyond just collecting science points.

And how does one go about doing that? I've nosed about the files and I haven't come across any sort of cfg file where I could make manual edits.

If you click on an individual Kerbal in the main Final Frontier window, in the window that pops up, there is an option to "Award Ribbon" to the upper right of the ribbons that are displayed.

If you click on an individual Kerbal in the main Final Frontier window, in the window that pops up, there is an option to "Award Ribbon" to the upper right of the ribbons that are displayed.

Thank you very much! :)

Also, while I'm pestering everyone, is there a reason that I can't get the FF icon to show up in the Toolbar in the SPH? It works fine everywhere else and I have in fact told Toolbar to show it, so I don't know what's up with that.

Edited by Boomerang

the toolbar API lets certain buttons not be displayed in certain scenes, so the FF author decided not to bother giving the option to have the window in the VAB/SPH because it's not really something you need in there anyway

the toolbar API lets certain buttons not be displayed in certain scenes, so the FF author decided not to bother giving the option to have the window in the VAB/SPH because it's not really something you need in there anyway

Well. No. I have just forgotten to activate it for the SPH. And I never noticed it, because until now I don't use the SPH very often.

It's fixed in 0.4.19.

I recently went to Dres, and noticed a little "bug." All the Dres ribbons are identical to the Ike ribbons. I checked the actual file folder with the Dres ribbons to see if they were indeed identical (and not a programming problem), and they are indeed identicalcopies of the Ike ribbons.

if this is true, we will have a 0.4.20 this evening....

EDIT: FF won't do specific coded celestial body checks. FF does all checks by subclasses of the Achievement class. One subclass is CelestialBodyAchievement which is a superclass for all achievements for celestial bodies. So a programatically bug that cause a ribbon to function for all but one planet is hard to imagine. BTW: FF don't do specific checks at specific situations, too. If a situation is detected that can cause any ribbon award ALL possible achievements were checked. Most situations were detected by game events, some by a frequently called Update() method.

EDIT2: checked. It's true. the program that generate all ribbons for me has an incorrect color configuration for Dres. That's easy to fix.

I also had a couple of ideas for ribbons:

Asteroids: I don't know if there is any specific way to tell if a vessel is docking with an asteroid as opposed to another vessel, but a ribbon for docking with an asteroid, and one for sample collecting from one.

Base/Colony: Similar to the station ribbon, have a ribbon specifically for Kerbals who participate in long-term missions on a Munar (or other) base, and another ribbon for joining a colony.

Custom "Custom" ribbons: As far as I understand it (admittedly I haven't actually checked to see if this is true), the custom ribbons that are available are hard-coded into FF. The fact that there are custom ribbons is great (I've already used a couple of them), but it be nice if we could also put in our own custom designs as well.

1. Asteroids: I will see, what I can do about that.
  2. Base/Colony: Hard to detect. What makes a colony a colony and not a lander?
  3. Own Custom Ribbon Designs: Well, you can alter the existing ribbon graphics of course.

Edited by Nereid

I'm using whichever version was listed at the stable one in the OP and I'm wondering if the ribbons at the end of the list actually work or if they're just there for fun? The ones about courage and chief science officers and the like? The wings ribbons is down there and it's not being awarded for piloting/landing flights, so...?

As Piper already told you: Just click on the name of the kerbal to open the Decoration Board. In this window you can "revoke" specific ribbons, too. But you will have to enable this feature in the config window first ("revocation enabled" or something like that).

Noticing an occasional bug which seems to have snuck in with the 0.4.19 update, or I broke something in my game when I updated to 0.4.19, and the 0.4.20 update didn't fix what I broke, but:

I have noticed that my kerbals will lose missions from time to time, and I can't find a common reason. just as an example, Jeb was up to 12 missions on my current game, and had 12 or so ribbons, I'd used him for 3 missions already today, loaded him on a fourth, finished and recovered the mission, and the mission summary told me he earned all the medals he'd ever earned in that mission, and reset his number of missions to 1.

Edit: Local mod conflict/glitch, not a bug, disregard. :blush:

Edited by vardicd

I clicked some button and the FF window does not show again. However ribbons are still being given to Kerbals.

No matter what I do, I click on the FF button, it gets green and grey (OK) but the window doesn't show.

I think I clicked some button by mistake but I don't have the KSP.log from that day, so I don't know what I did. :(

I tried to reinstall the mod but it doesn't fix (i have a lot of mods, but none is changing nor adding planets, so it shouldn't be a problem)

I've also started a new carreer with the reinstalled mod, but nothing again.

The mod is so great, i wouldn't like to miss it :(

oh. more info: I've checked the last Log, and it goes like this:

[LOG 19:33:04.246] FF: registering activity L+: Launching Vessel[LOG 19:33:04.248] FF: registering activity D+: Vessel docked

[LOG 19:33:04.248] FF: registering activity M+: Vessel recovered

[LOG 19:33:04.249] FF: registering activity B+: Kerbal Boarding Vessel

[LOG 19:33:04.249] FF: registering activity E+: Kerbal on Eva in zero atmosphere

[LOG 19:33:04.250] FF: registering activity EX+: Kerbal on Eva in atmosphere with oxygen

[LOG 19:33:04.251] FF: registering activity EA+: Kerbal on Eva in toxic atmosphere without oxygen

[LOG 19:33:04.252] FF: EventObserver:: registering events

[LOG 19:33:04.253] FF: creating hall of fame

[LOG 19:33:04.260] FF: loading configuration from C:/Program Files (x86)/KSP 0.23.5.464/KSP_Data/../GameData/FinalFrontier.dat

[LOG 19:33:04.261] FF: log level loaded: WARNING

[LOG 19:33:04.263] log level WARNING

C:/Program Files (x86)/KSP 0.23.5.464/KSP_Data/../GameData/FinalFrontier.dat (this folder does not exist)

Might be that? Actually my FinalFrontier.Dat is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\KSP 0.23.5.464\GameData

Maybe it's looking for the *.dat in the wrong folder.

and later on the log says this:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFrameworkAttribute' from assembly 'FinalFrontier'. at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributesInternal (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type,bool)

at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributesBase (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetCustomAttributes (System.Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModStatistics.ModStatistics.getAssemblyTitle (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

oh, and later on it asks me to let you know:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.Versioning.TargetFrameworkAttribute' from assembly 'FAR-Adapter'. at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributesInternal (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type,bool)

at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributesBase (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetCustomAttributes (System.Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModStatistics.ModStatistics.getAssemblyTitle (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[ERR 19:33:04.422] [ModStatistics] Error while inspecting assembly FinalFrontier. This probably means that FinalFrontier is targeting a runtime other than .NET 3.5. Please notify the author of FinalFrontier of this error.

Edited by lepla

Final Frontier breaks appears to be broken in .24 x64 Windows version. I've tried versions 0.3.24b and 0.4.20 to no avail. I really love this mod and I hope to see a fix!

I can confirm that I was unable to start a new game (would crash upon creation) with this mod installed, and it was fixed when I uninstalled it.

I clicked some button and the FF window does not show again. However ribbons are still being given to Kerbals.

No matter what I do, I click on the FF button, it gets green and grey (OK) but the window doesn't show.

Try to update to 0.4.20. This is some kind of bug in Unity/KSP. It happens on right clicks in the space center.

I think I clicked some button by mistake but I don't have the KSP.log from that day, so I don't know what I did. :(

I tried to reinstall the mod but it doesn't fix (i have a lot of mods, but none is changing nor adding planets, so it shouldn't be a problem)

I've also started a new carreer with the reinstalled mod, but nothing again.

The mod is so great, i wouldn't like to miss it :(

oh. more info: I've checked the last Log, and it goes like this:

C:/Program Files (x86)/KSP 0.23.5.464/KSP_Data/../GameData/FinalFrontier.dat (this folder does not exist)

Might be that? Actually my FinalFrontier.Dat is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\KSP 0.23.5.464\GameData

Maybe it's looking for the *.dat in the wrong folder.

Trust me. the folder does exists. "C:\Program Files (x86)\KSP 0.23.5.464\GameData" and "C:/Program Files (x86)/KSP 0.23.5.464/KSP_Data/../GameData" are exactly the same folders.

and later on the log says this:

oh, and later on it asks me to let you know:

This is a bug in 0.4.16 (or 0.4.17? dont know anymore). It has happened because I have recreated my C#-Project from scratch to integrate NanoGauges. Unfortunately Microsoft Express chooses Net 4.5 by default and I didn't noticed this. It should be fixed in 0.4.20. But it doesn't do any harm anyway. It just could cause problems but it won't.

Edited by Nereid

I think Nereid should be back with us real soon. Sit tight guys. I have a feeling he just hasn't DL .24 yet.

You are right. I haven't downloaded 0.24 right now. And I'm kinda surprised that it's already out. Maybe I will try to resolve all problems this weekend.

0.24 with 64bit unitiy? No more downstripping of mods, removing of unused parts, or texture scaling? No more memory related problems?

Try to update to 0.4.20. This is some kind of bug in Unity/KSP. It happens on right clicks in the space center.

Trust me. the folder does exists. "C:\Program Files (x86)\KSP 0.23.5.464\GameData" and "C:/Program Files (x86)/KSP 0.23.5.464/KSP_Data/../GameData" are exactly the same folders.

This is a bug in 0.4.16 (or 0.4.17? dont know anymore). It has happened because I have recreated my C#-Project from scratch to integrate NanoGauges. Unfortunately Microsoft Express chooses Net 4.5 by default and I didn't noticed this. It should be fixed in 0.4.20. But it doesn't do any harm anyway. It just could cause problems but it won't.

actually, i have the FinalFrontier0.4.12. maybe i need to get the new one :blush:

actually, i have the FinalFrontier0.4.12. maybe i need to get the new one :blush:

Try 0.4.20. The windows should reappear. They are checking their bounds in 0.4.20 and if the window locations are out of screen (and this bug causes x/y coordinates of -10000/-10000 and more), the they will ajust their positions.

Ths happens too, if you manage to drag a window out of screen. As far as I remember I have implemented some kind off margin. If only 5 pixel or less are visible on the screen the window instantly moves back to screen.

Just loaded the latest version on .24, and appear to have a pretty breaking bug. Wont let me load past the "resume save" screen, clicking "resume save" repeatedly does nothing and you can resume a game.

Issue was fixed after deleting Final Frontier :( Let me know if i can provide any more info, mah kerbals need their ribbons! :)

Just loaded the latest version on .24, and appear to have a pretty breaking bug. Wont let me load past the "resume save" screen, clicking "resume save" repeatedly does nothing and you can resume a game.

Issue was fixed after deleting Final Frontier :( Let me know if i can provide any more info, mah kerbals need their ribbons! :)

Looks like they changed things related to the crew roster. maybe because they added new types of Kerbals.

Also... they renamed enumerators...... Dead instead of DEAD.

I got it compiled and so far it appears to be working. at least in as much as it let me in the game.

Looks like they changed things related to the crew roster. maybe because they added new types of Kerbals.

Also... they renamed enumerators...... Dead instead of DEAD.

I got it compiled and so far it appears to be working. at least in as much as it let me in the game.

Thanks. This may be helpful to get a new version running this weekend. I have expected things like this. KSP is still alpha and there is no official documentation how to use the "api" (it's not even clear if there is something like an api or what is part of it and what not). So we are all experimenting how things can be done and there is a very high chance things will break from one version to another...

But bad news: weather is is fine today in Kiel and I have decided to ride my motocycle. No FF bugfixing today, sorry :)

Thanks. This may be helpful to get a new version running this weekend. I have expected things like this. KSP is still alpha and there is no official documentation how to use the "api" (it's not even clear if there is something like an api or what is part of it and what not). So we are all experimenting how things can be done and there is a very high chance things will break from one version to another...

But bad news: weather is is fine today in Kiel and I have decided to ride my motocycle. No FF bugfixing today, sorry :)

You can't do this to me =O. one of the First 5 mods i downloaded for 0.24 was FF (been away from KSP since march waiting for 0.24).

Anyhow, thx for nice mod and here's hoping for rain.

also a bit jelly of you having a bike, used to compete in motocross but had to stop due to an accident like 8 years ago =(.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.