[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

I'm making ribbons for my Outer Planets Mod and I was wondering if anyone has templates for me to use, so that I only have to change the underlying ribbon and not have to carefully cut out the icons so they don't change color with the ribbon. Thanks in advance.

I hope I'm not being stupid, but I can't find that option in the config menu.

You are right. This option is only there if blizzys toolbar is installed. Unfortunately at startup (when the toolbar buttons get registered), the method for getting the information if the toolbar mod is installed gets wrong results sometimes. So install toolbar mod, change config, remove toolbar mod, stock button is there. :)

- - - Updated - - -

The ribbons come from the Planet Ribbons Redux pack.

Not really from a technical point of view. I have my own software to generate them. So it's easy to change colors.

I just had something weird happen. I first landed on the Mun with the starting 3 and planted a flag, drove around on a rover, I then revisited Mun with 3 grays, but for some reason suddenly the flag I planted is still there but all the previous visitors lost all their surface ribbons (including the flag ribbon).

Edited by locustgate

I just had something weird happen. I first landed on the Mun with the starting 3 and planted a flag, drove around on a rover, I then revisited Mun with 3 grays, but for some reason suddenly the flag I planted is still there but all the previous visitors lost all their surface ribbons (including the flag ribbon).

Questions: Which version of FF? Did they lose only their surface ribbons or all their ribbons? When exactly are the ribbons lost? At the time of landing on the Mun or directly after switching from space center to a flight scene (which means loading a game).

This is reported several times now, but I still haven't found the bug yet. If this happens, make a copy of the KSP.log (maybe there are some hints in there). If anybody have a save just before this happens and it is reproducible, please make a copy of it and let me know. I have tried to reproduce this several times now but it didn't happen to me. And please: set the log level at least to INFO (or DETAIL) if you want to help.

FF is quite simple in storing ribbons: It just has a map for each kerbal (identified by its name) and an associated list of ribbons. But it seems that KSP sometimes replaces the internal representation of kerbals internaly with "some new". This should not make any difference (because they are identified by their names), but obviously there is a rare occasion, where this did not work.

EDIT: Maybe the hall of fame class is accesses in multiple threads. I don't think so, but just to be sure I will add thread safety to that class (and a few other). I will publish this release with additional log information tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried to search alittle around, but is there a download link for pree 0.90 versions of the mod?...i have not yet gone to 0.90 ksp O:)

Try this: http://nereid42.de/FinalFrontier/FinalFrontier0.5.9-177.zip

Edited by Nereid

Just noticed today that all my Final Frontier progress was lost in my Career save.; no ribbons, no mission logs or anything. I haven't played a manned mission this KSP run, so I don't know when this exactly happened. Current version is the latest (0.6.5), and I am certain I did not install the bugged 0.6.3. Here's my KSP log in case there is something in it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lz4auy3363lgnh/KSP.log?dl=0

Just noticed today that all my Final Frontier progress was lost in my Career save.; no ribbons, no mission logs or anything. I haven't played a manned mission this KSP run, so I don't know when this exactly happened. Current version is the latest (0.6.5), and I am certain I did not install the bugged 0.6.3. Here's my KSP log in case there is something in it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7lz4auy3363lgnh/KSP.log?dl=0

Thank you. I will take a look.

There seems to be no ribbons in that save:

[LOG 16:44:43.881] FF: EventObserver:: OnGameStateCreated 7289490.50016447, game status: ONGOING, scene MAINMENU
[LOG 16:44:43.883] FF: loading hall of fame
[LOG 16:44:43.883] FF: hall of fame loaded in 0ms
[LOG 16:44:43.884] FF: hall of fame loaded (0 logbook entries)

Do you still have the save game? Do you have any quicksave from that point in time?

It seems that the ribbons are not saved sometimes.

Edited by Nereid

Do you still have the save game? Do you have any quicksave from that point in time?

It seems that the ribbons are not saved sometimes.

Yeah, I have both the main save and the quicksave here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qbi2hexnjw8xac4/ksp_save_files.zip?dl=0

All mods used (most installed with CKAN): Active Texture Management, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Tweak Scale, KIDS, NEAR, Docking Port Alignment Indicator, KW Rocketry, Alternate Resource Panel, Science Alert, Stage Recovery, Station Science, Precise Node, K2 Command Pod, KER, DMagic Orbital Science, Final Frontier, USI Karbonite and Karbonite+, kOS, NRAP.

All I know is that I received ribbons yesterday when playing and they persisted just fine, but today after playing for a while with only probes, everything was gone. Thanks for looking into this!

I love this mod as it adds to the sense of history and realism. And while it is only a roleplaying thing, I rely on it to figure out what Kerbals to send on missions and so I consult it regularly. But now with 0.90 Kerbal experience matters, but the only place you can see their specialization and level is in the Astronaut complex. Which is not convenient most of the time. Any chance you could show that info for Kerbals in FF since it is so much more accessible? And, when you think about it, appropriate since FF is all about tracking experience.

I got an idea, no clue if it has been brought up before. This applies to the DangIt/Entropy mods, what about ribbons for repairs in EVA for stable and unstable orbit, number of repairs in one mission and also level of complexity?

I just did a mission where I had 3 different malfunctions go off at various times. I thought it would of been cool to get a ribbon for that.

I got an idea, no clue if it has been brought up before. This applies to the DangIt/Entropy mods, what about ribbons for repairs in EVA for stable and unstable orbit, number of repairs in one mission and also level of complexity?

I just did a mission where I had 3 different malfunctions go off at various times. I thought it would of been cool to get a ribbon for that.

I have already thought about it and done some experiments. But I have still no clue how to detect repairs...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I have both the main save and the quicksave here:

Thank you. Both saves are not very helpful but they show at least a bit. They show that the save trigger has fired. I will add some additional information to the root node in the file to analyze this further. And because all ribbons are gone, the "Clear" method in the hall of fame seems to be called somehow without a successful or a not triggered load afterwards. This is more than no information, but it's not much.

Another question: Did this happen to you only once or multiple times? If you experience this bug often? If yes, it may be a good idea to test, if there is any dependency to other mods you are using.

If you want to be on the safe site until this bug is resolved, make a backup at least each day. S.A.V.E could handle this for you; a simple start script for KSP would do too.

This bug is complicated to resolve. I can't reproduce it so I can only hunt for the bug by code review and adding more log outputs.

Well, I have started making some ribbons for the idea if you ever get it to work. I am formatting their look to fall right in on the standard ribbons now. I'm no coder and you probably already looked at the Dangit code, but I would see how that detects repairs and see if you can code off that? Sorry, that was probably like a blind person telling a someone how to drive lol. I'll send you a few ribbons by the end of the day to see if they meet your approval.

I love this mod as it adds to the sense of history and realism. And while it is only a roleplaying thing, I rely on it to figure out what Kerbals to send on missions and so I consult it regularly. But now with 0.90 Kerbal experience matters, but the only place you can see their specialization and level is in the Astronaut complex. Which is not convenient most of the time. Any chance you could show that info for Kerbals in FF since it is so much more accessible? And, when you think about it, appropriate since FF is all about tracking experience.

Change the ordering from "statistic" to "skills" and FF will show the experience, specialization, courage and stupidy. :)

- - - Updated - - -

already looked at the Dangit code

No. I just thought KSP handles the repair internally (like repairing wheels). But you are right. Maybe Dangit can help. But I need some kind of an event that fires on a repair (testing each part every few milliseconds for a repair is not a good idea). And I don't think Dangit will make use of that event; but well, maybe I'm wrong. So I will give it a try. But the lost-ribbons issue has the top priority at the moment.

I have at least two reliable reports of lost ribbons. It seems not to happen very often, but it has quite severe consequences and I have still no clue what is causing this.

Ahh, okay, thanks for responding and clarifying what has to happen. I don't honestly know if its a good idea, with DangIt you can give yourself manual failures and that sorta defeats the purpose of ribbons IMO. I'll goof off with the ribbons for my idea in case you ever feel the need to add the addition to your wonderful mod.

The FF savegame kraken has finally swallowed all my Kerbal's progress or garbled it. No chance for recovery from a S.A.V.E. backup.

Any way to hack the .sfs file to at least get some rough flight and EVA time back (don't care much about any ribbons)?

- E:

Same bug as sjohnson's, probably.

Edited by Ph34rb0t

Thank you. Both saves are not very helpful but they show at least a bit. They show that the save trigger has fired. I will add some additional information to the root node in the file to analyze this further. And because all ribbons are gone, the "Clear" method in the hall of fame seems to be called somehow without a successful or a not triggered load afterwards. This is more than no information, but it's not much.

Another question: Did this happen to you only once or multiple times? If you experience this bug often? If yes, it may be a good idea to test, if there is any dependency to other mods you are using.

If you want to be on the safe site until this bug is resolved, make a backup at least each day. S.A.V.E could handle this for you; a simple start script for KSP would do too.

This bug is complicated to resolve. I can't reproduce it so I can only hunt for the bug by code review and adding more log outputs.

It only happened the one time. I'll let you know if it happens again and will provide the necessary files. I unfortunately won't be playing much in the upcoming days, so I will not of much assistance in squashing this bug. I'll have to give the S.A.V.E. plugin a try to replace my KSP backup script, which of course I forgot to apply to this install instance. Thanks!

I too lost all ribbons - only noticed it today, but it must have happened yesterday, because the three Kerbals I launched and docked yesterday have the appropriate (only) ribbons.

A few files for you:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7aff7pswqe4zrc9/AAB2E1yJEYeru3djrAX9fK49a?dl=0

I cannot find a halloffame.ksp file anywhere. (Did a Windows Explorer search on all KSP folders.)

Is this here still the case?

The plugin takes use of System.IO to store its data in the corresponding save-folder of a game. For example: If your game is called "MyGame", Final Frontier will store its data in <KSP-Install-Folder>/saves/MyGame/halloffame.ksp". It stores a configuration file in the GameData folder of KSP (version 0.3.5 or later).

unfortunately, joined previous speakers

FF reborn my interest to KSP career, but some progress has been lost. funny, but not at all. some ribbons were missed, and some flight stats were missed also

for example Jeb have 11 flight in CAREER_LOG, but zero in HallOfFame. zero for accumulated mission and eva time. Dunno where and when that have happened, just read topic and decided to check my FF

we really need explanation about what and where are stored in persistent. for example i cant find where mission and eva times are stored. (yup, i know, i'm stupid dummy ;) )

PS: before checking FF has been updated from 604 to 697

Edited by DennyTX

Yeah, I'm having problems with missions being counted as well... Jeb is getting his ribbons fine (or at least I think), but any time after I save and exit then reload the save, it says Jeb has 0 missions in 0.00 Kerbin days... :confused:

Edit: Even stranger still... this is in my persistent.sfs... so it's not exactly like the data is gone... o.O

KERBAL
{
name = Jebediah Kerman
type = Crew
brave = 0.5
dumb = 0.5
badS = True
state = Available
ToD = 0
idx = 0
CAREER_LOG
{
flight = 3
0 = Land,Kerbin
0 = Flight,Kerbin
0 = Recover
1 = Land,Kerbin
1 = Flight,Kerbin
1 = Recover
2 = Land,Kerbin
2 = Flight,Kerbin
2 = Recover
}
FLIGHT_LOG
{
flight = 3
}
}

Edit: Hall of Fame data...

FinalFrontierHallOfFameRoot
{
version = 1.0
FinalFrontierHallOfFameEntry
{
time = 58.0200000000035
name = Bill Kerman
code = X33
data =
}
{
time = 62.4400000000042
name = Jebediah Kerman
code = X32
data =
}
{
time = 66.8600000000038
name = Bob Kerman
code = X31
data =
}
{
time = 60233.0553564325
name = Jebediah Kerman
code = L1:Kerbin
data =
}
{
time = 60315.1553564193
name = Jebediah Kerman
code = C+
data =
}
{
time = 60317.5153564189
name = Jebediah Kerman
code = C
data =
}
{
time = 60356.6553564127
name = Jebediah Kerman
code = QO
data =
}
{
time = 60421.6753564022
name = Gusdon Kerman
code = X33
data =
}
{
time = 60426.6953564014
name = Wehrmon Kerman
code = X32
data =
}
{
time = 60465.1753563952
name = Jebediah Kerman
code = X21
data =
}
{
time = 101483.465071998
name = Wehrmon Kerman
code = C
data =
}
{
time = 101508.945072003
name = Wehrmon Kerman
code = X0
data =
}
{
time = 101572.745072015
name = Tanhat Kerman
code = X31
data =
}
{
time = 152722.273255525
name = Jebediah Kerman
code = S+
data = 1.75
}
{
time = 166952.147991486
name = Jebediah Kerman
code = C+
data =
}
}

I was reading a few pages back and it looks like the L+ and M+ values are missing, unless those have changed... either way I'm not sure what's going on.

Edited by Nitrous Oxide

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.