[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

@blu3wolf

Unfortunately, due to how KSP currently works, there isn't much that can be done about this problem... For example, if I land a capsule or just place a capsule on the launch pad by itself, and go on EVA, the moment the Kerbal is on the ladder and above ground, the game considers him 'flying' and this is considered a dangerous EVA... Until KSP can properly recognize that a kerbal on a ladder, that is attached to a ship that is landed, is not actually flying, I don't think FF can, could, or should change awarding the dangerous EVA ribbon for these logically 'unwarranted' situations.

It is important to note that even science gets messed up because of irregularities like this.... For example... if you go into the water just offshore of the KSC, the biome is still considered "shores" so you can take an EVA report and surface sample from this water and it counts it 'From Kerbins shores".... But if you go to land you can take DIFFERENT samples and EVA reports that are counted "From Kerbins shores" and are listed seperately in the Science archives.

But yes, you kerbal is getting awarded dangerous EVA because as soon as he left the hatch he was 'flying' even for a brief moment. And it is up to Squad to change that behavior/logic

Edited by DesTroy

On review of the post mission ribbons and awards, it was noted that Jebediah Kerman had been awarded the Dangerous EVA ribbon. Whilst exact details of the mission are still classified, I can confirm his only EVA was after splashdown - which, whilst still potentially dangerous, it is felt that the ribbon's award is not warranted in this case.

Indeed. That was not intendet by FF. I have changed this and will add another ribbon: a splashdown EVA ribbon.

- - - Updated - - -

hey man how do i get my acheivments back from the older version ? or do you just hgave to start over

Do you mean KSP 0.90? Well, just copy your save game. If it still works...

Any problems with mission counters yet?

Edited by Nereid

Jebediah Kerman just completed his first mission of my current career save. Things went very well for the flight.

On review of the post mission ribbons and awards, it was noted that Jebediah Kerman had been awarded the Dangerous EVA ribbon [...] EVA was after splashdown

Behavior is changed in 0.7.12-985.

Indeed. That was not intendet by FF. I have changed this and will add another ribbon: a splashdown EVA ribbon.

Do you mean KSP 0.90? Well, just copy your save game. If it still works...

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume he's asking about previous mod versions. I came here wondering this as well. I like that the mod keeps up-to-date frequently, but I've had to restart all my ribbons daily from updating in CKAN.

CKAN currently wants to update from 7.8 to 7.9, and the thread here has 7.12

So, is there a way to save ribbons between updates?

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume he's asking about previous mod versions. I came here wondering this as well. I like that the mod keeps up-to-date frequently, but I've had to restart all my ribbons daily from updating in CKAN.

So, is there a way to save ribbons between updates?

Sorry to hear this. I'm not using CKAN. But the ribbons are saved in your persistence file of a game. If you update FF, all ribbons should remain (because the persistence file is not changed). If this is not the case with CKAN, it's a CKAN issue.

I'm updating FF way more often and if the ribbons were missing, I would not release the latest version of FF, because this is an obvious bug then.

Edited by Nereid

Just got home from work, Nereid, was only on for about 30 minutes when I posted yesterday, got your message, and will test as soon as I possibly can, and get that back to you.

Edit: Started a new save today, installed the version you sent me, and thus far, the bug hasn't reappeared. I won't be able to test further, until later today. I'll leave the log on detail, and if it pops, I'll send you the output log right away.

Edited by vardicd

...Jebediah Kerman had been awarded the Dangerous EVA ribbon...
Unfortunately, due to how KSP currently works, there isn't much that can be done about this problem...it is up to Squad to change that behavior/logic

@DesTroy: :P

Behavior is changed in 0.7.12-985.

@Nereid: :D

In fairness the 7.12 update is pretty recent. When NetKAN runs next it should index CKAN to show 7.12 instead of 7.9.

@DesTroy: :P

DesTroy could not know that FF can see the difference between a "wet EVA" and a "in unstable flight EVA". FF keeps track of the previous (!) vessel situation. And if a kerbal goes on EVA from a watered vessel, FF can detect this.

It may not work completely if you switch vessel or load a game. So in some circumstances the ribbon may get awarded unintentionally.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Started a new save today, installed the version you sent me, and thus far, the bug hasn't reappeared. I won't be able to test further, until later today. I'll leave the log on detail, and if it pops, I'll send you the output log right away.

:)

Hopefully we got it then.

- - - Updated - - -

Any ideas about the lost ribbons when using CKAN?

- - - Updated - - -

Any ideas about the lost ribbons when using CKAN?

Im using CKAN and havent noticed any lost ribbons. I have noted a few cases where I have reverted a flight, and the ribbons are still awarded though.

I went and did an actual test. It may or may not just be the game re-showing the ribbons already obtained after an update.

http://imgur.com/a/1972P

After updating with CKAN, I noted that I still had all my ribbons, and launched a ship consisting of just a command pod at the launch pad, EVA'd and got mun and G-force ribbons after recovering.

I think this relates to a bug I'm just stumbled over: If you load an old game and start a new one, FF won't clear all earned achivements at the moment.

I'm investigating this. Maybe it's just my current build, maybe it's in the latest public release, too.

EDIT: If you load old games, all is fine. If you start a new game just after starting KSP, all is fine too.

EDIT: Fixed in 0.7.14-1042

Thanks for reporting syteless! :)

Edited by Nereid

Can I have a link to 0.7.4-870? I am not willing to use 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 yet because of the aero. Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I am stupid. Got it off KerbalStuff XDDDDDD

Edited by TaintedLion

0.7.14-1042 : no more FF icon in Blizzy toolbar

reverting to previous 0.7.12-985 : make it back

Thanks for reporting. I have changed the way FF initializes in 0.7.14-1042 (no more repeated wake ups). The new method may be incompatible with bkizzys toolbar. Unfortunately this step has to be done. The lost ribbon bug may be caused by those repeated wake ups.

I'm not using blizzys toolbar at the moment, because I prefer stock. So I didn't noticed this. But I will check this tomorrow.

A workaround until then: install 0.7.12-985, set FF to stock toolbar, reinstall 0.7.14-1042. Wait until I have fixed this. So this is not a major issue.

If the config won't save, just reset the window positions. There is an issue in saving the configuration at quitting KSP. It seems KSP won't call the destroy method in this case anymore, if FF is started just once immediately at startup of KSP. And the destroy method saves the configuration - until 0.7.15.

Edited by Nereid

I have fixed the issue with blizzys toolbar in 0.7.15-1047. Please try and report back.

EDIT: The fix is temporary and dirty. I'm using an event that tells me, if the stock toolbar is ready. There should be a similar event for blizzys toolbar.

Can I have a link to 0.7.4-870? I am not willing to use 1.0.1 or 1.0.2 yet because of the aero. Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, I am stupid. Got it off KerbalStuff XDDDDDD

I can offer to create a version with all fixes for 1.0.0. But this has to wait until tomorrow.

I have played a lot with career mode yesterday. Not only it's fun to play KSP in career :), FF seems to be quite stable for me now. There is a minor issue with the new ribbon, but nothing specular.

If no other major issues gets reported until this evening, I will freeze FF in version 0.7.x and create (the first real) branch.

I will create a special version for 0.7.15 for KSP 1.0.0 this evening, too.

Sorry for the multiple updates/fixes and refixes, but I don't have the time to support multiple branches for three projects at the moment, so any new release was forked from trunc (=development branch). For FF this will change now. Next step is, to bring FF to GitHub as already done for NanoGauges and S.A.V.E.

Edited by Nereid

For me Blizzys Toolbar has no issues as of 1047.

BTW: This is a great mod, I like it very much. I gives those Kerbals a story. Some minor enhancement I would like to see is some graphic popping up in the moment a ribbon is achieved - similar like the achievement graphic in World of Warcraft.

But this is really a very nice mod even without fancy grahpics ;-)

Hi Nereid. Finally created an account to thank you for this excellent mod that I've been using since 0.25. I can't imagine playing KSP without it - great work!

Been playing with your latest version today and noticed something different - the First Kerbal in Space achievement is now only granted after achieving Orbit (retested this on a brand new career just to be sure and with both Jeb and Val). If this was intended, then that's fine, but if not I just wanted to let you know.

The next plans for 0.8.x:

• Better detection of rovers.
  • Ribbons for landings in some biospheres (if somebody has nice ideas for graphics/ribbons, ...:))
  • Integrationg FF into the stock summary window (if possible)

Using 0.7.15-1047 for KSP v1.0.2. Today I noticed I lost all my ribbons again like back in 0.90. I unfortunately do not have a backup to compare savefiles and the current log doesn't have any information. I did have a couple of crashes last night when playing, but I've been focused on probes and didn't notice exactly at what point the ribbons were gone. It's not a major loss since my current game is not a serious playthrough (hence no backups), as I'm just testing mod compatibility for a 6.4x game when that is updated. Ever since this bug has started, I have lost all my ribbons everytime I have tried using the mod; with that said, until the exact cause of this bug is located and fixed, I am no longer going to use Final Frontier. I really do hope this is fixed, as I really enjoyed using the mod.

Here's a list of all the plugin based mods I'm currently using:

Active Texture Management

Alternate Resource Panel

AntennaRange

CactEye Orbital Telescope

Chatterer

Distant Object Enhancement

Editor Extensions

Environmental Visual Enhancements

Filter Extensions

Final Frontier

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Kerbal Construction Time

Kerbal Engineer

Kerbal Inventory System

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Kerbal Launch Failure (my mod)

Module Managar

NavBall Docking Alignment Indicator

NavHud

NRAP - Adjustable Test Weight

Outer Planets Mod

PlanetShine

Precise Node

Procedural Fairings

RealChute

Simple Orbit Calculator (my mod)

Stock Bug Fix Modules

TAC Fuel Balancer

Toolbar

Transfer Window Planner

TweakableEverything

USI Packs: Karbonite, Karbonite Plus, Life Support, MKS/OKS

Waypoint Manager

Edit:

I have a quicksave and a few KAC backups that still have the ribbons from last night right before I called it quits so it definitely happened today. So this is what I did today:

1) Installed Waypoint Manager

2) Installed SurfaceLights

3) Installed Stock Bug Fix Modules

4) Deleted Kerbal Alarm Clock latest version (was manually installed yesterday since CKAN didn't have it at the time)

5) Installed Kerbal Alarm Clock latest version through CKAN so CKAN would know I had that version.

6) Fired up the game.

7) Worked on creating a few rockets.

8) Simulated one through Kerbal Construction Time and ended up reverting directly to VAB.

9) Added rockets to build queue.

10) About to launch a manned rocket, when I noticed ribbons were gone.

11) Made this post.

Edited by stevehead

Regarding disappearing ribbons(Yes, in 1.0)

I've noticed, when certain mods are added(IE ones that make immediate changes to the sfs file) final frontier gets wiped.

So I'm guessing it has something to do with how FF data is placed in the sfs file and its inability to find it again after small changes are made to the sfs file

I have no experience in handling information being saved in SFS files (neither of my mods handles persistence), so I apologize if I say something that is not correct, but I've noticed that all the mods (KCT, KAC, USI Life Support, Waypoint Manager, etc.) that do not have this problem, AFAIK, are storing their persistence in SCENARIO nodes under the main GAME node. I just wonder if Final Frontier's problems are related to the fact that its persistence is stored under a custom FinalFrontierHallOfFameRoot node as opposed to SCENARIO; it just seems to me that if I were to design a plugin that stores persistence in the save file, I would conform to what others are doing and save that information under SCENARIO. Again I could be completely wrong in what I have said, but I'm trying to help.