[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

2 hours ago, blu3wolf said:

well you can revoke ribbons individually (enable revocation in settings from the space center). I guess if you deleted that whole section of the persistence.sfs, that would reset all of them at once?

@blu3wolf,

I  can't seem to find the section within persistence.sfs to delete it. Rats!

Pretty sure its in there. Should be able to find it pretty easily with KML. Notepad is a little harder to use, but still has a find function (search for ribbon IDs if you know them, or kerbal names if you dont).

If its not in there, that would suggest there are no ribbons to remove! Mission accomplished!

6 hours ago, John_Marston said:

Just a suggestion, you should make an automated system for adding ribbons to kerbals with experience mid save. It's really annoying how all of the ribbons are going to be wrong in an active save. 

The problem is that for most of the ribbons that FF gives you, KSP doesn't record enough data in the save files to correctly award them.

1 hour ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

The problem is that for most of the ribbons that FF gives you, KSP doesn't record enough data in the save files to correctly award them.

... are there any ribbons KSP saves enough data to award correctly?

@John_Marston the easy fix is to start your save with FF. Its basically stock KSP as far as Im concerned. KSP without FF is just not a thing to contemplate.

Its a part of Stock you have to download separately... its more stock than Asteroid Day is!

Edited by blu3wolf

So I tried a few searches on the site and particularly this thread to no avail. Read about the first 20 pages carefully but still didn't find what I'm looking for and I confess I'm just too lazy to go through 98.

Is there a PNG or photoshoppable layer file to get the sweet beveled edge and threaded texture effects? I can just back-hack it with adjustment layers if not, but something like this could streamline modders to put together additional ribbons supporting their creations in almost no time. Hoping it exists, currently working on putting together the standard "Landed on X" type ribbon pack for the Extrasolar system pack.

Oh and one last note. This mod is my favorite mod out of all the ~170 I use. KSP's lack of steam achievements was always my biggest letdown with this game, but this right here is 100x better than that ever would have been. A big thanks to everyone who contributed to this mod.

Edit: So some deeper digging, and I found SmarterThanMe's blank white template available in the first post of this thread here: 

Just in case anyone else was looking for this like I was.

Edited by smokytehbear

Is there a known way of getting a ribbon image to replace one in a previous installed mod without actually overwriting it?

Basically there's a planet pack that changes Eeloo from a freestanding planet to a moon. By the convention this means it's ribbon should the parent's color scheme along its outer edges. This is simple to photoshop, but I'd like to not have to overwrite the previous ribbon that comes with FF. Is it possible to create a small patch that overrides FF's path for just this planet and redirects it to the new planet pack's ribbon folders?

Thanks in advance.

33 minutes ago, Techpig57 said:

This looks like a really great mod! However last I checked, the latest version this mod was compatible with was 1.1 and I unfortunately have 1.2. Do you think it would work ok in 1.2 anyway?

Both the OP and SpaceDock say it is compatible with 1.2.2.

6 hours ago, Techpig57 said:

This looks like a really great mod! However last I checked, the latest version this mod was compatible with was 1.1 and I unfortunately have 1.2. Do you think it would work ok in 1.2 anyway?

I'm running it successfully on KSP 1.2.2.

On 2/18/2017 at 0:05 PM, Brigadier said:

I'm running it successfully on KSP 1.2.2.

I just did a clean install of this and my Kerbals are getting no medals. Jeb has done two flights and nothing. I thought there were medals for first flight, and first to leave the atmosphere and stuff like that? Do I actually have to hit orbit before I get medals?

Just now, SickSix said:

I just did a clean install of this and my Kerbals are getting no medals. Jeb has done two flights and nothing. I thought there were medals for first flight, and first to leave the atmosphere and stuff like that? Do I actually have to hit orbit before I get medals?

It's not clear from your post, but did you install FF after those flights had occurred in the save?  If so, FF doesn't have the ability to look into the past; it can only determine what happens since the install.  Can you display the FF Hall of Fame?

If you started a new save with FF installed, I don't know enough to figure it out.  Others might, though and posting a link to your log file uploaded to a file sharing site, such as DropBox, might help those with more experience than I have to help you out.

6 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

It's not clear from your post, but did you install FF after those flights had occurred in the save?  If so, FF doesn't have the ability to look into the past; it can only determine what happens since the install.  Can you display the FF Hall of Fame?

If you started a new save with FF installed, I don't know enough to figure it out.  Others might, though and posting a link to your log file uploaded to a file sharing site, such as DropBox, might help those with more experience than I have to help you out.

I am talking about flights after install. Come on now.

Statistics show two flights for Jeb but no ribbons. Then when I click on the ribbons button it only lists two (Deep Space ribbons dealing with going beyond Eloo). So Do I have to download the ribbon packs separately?

5 minutes ago, SickSix said:

I am talking about flights after install. Come on now.

You are correct, my mistake.

5 minutes ago, SickSix said:

Statistics show two flights for Jeb but no ribbons. Then when I click on the ribbons button it only lists two (Deep Space ribbons dealing with going beyond Eloo). So Do I have to download the ribbon packs separately?

No, you don't need to install the basic ribbons separately.  What does your \GameData\Nereid\FinalFrontier\Ribbons folder have in it?

Edited by Brigadier

6 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

No, you don't need to install the basic ribbons separately.  What does your \GameData\Nereid\FinalFrontier\Ribbons folder have in it?

It has a bunch of stuff in it. Folders for each planet. Looked in Kerbin folder just now and there is first landing. I should have got that I thought.

1 minute ago, SickSix said:

It has a bunch of stuff in it. Folders for each planet. Looked in Kerbin folder just now and there is first landing. I should have got that I thought.

That looks about right.  Other than possible errors in the log file, I don't think I can help you out much more.  I haven't had to diagnose FF problems, ever.:P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.