[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

3 hours ago, davidy12 said:

Any other?

No. And I don't really get what you're asking for, given that there are no officially recognized nations among the community so these ribbons are just random ideas the author and contributors had that may not even align with what you have in mind.

17 hours ago, Fredde104 said:

is there a way to reduce the ammount of included ribbons? since i only use about 1/5 of them and i have about 100s of my own, it would be nice to free up some memory

Just delete all ribbon grafic files you do not want from the folder Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, great mod

I know it's possible to give out custom ribbons ingame but is there a way to manually give out achievment ribbons for people like me who installed your mod midgame?

If there isn't can I somehow add them in the savefile?

29 minutes ago, Voggla said:

Hey, great mod

I know it's possible to give out custom ribbons ingame but is there a way to manually give out achievment ribbons for people like me who installed your mod midgame?

If there isn't can I somehow add them in the savefile?

search the save for "halloffame" and you'll get the scenario node containing all the FF data for ribbons and missions and such. To log a mission you need the following:

ENTRY
{
  time = 5651040
  name = Valentina Kerman
  code = L+
  data = 
}
ENTRY
{
  time = 5654460
  name = Valentina Kerman
  code = M+
  data = 
}

Time is in UT, or the seconds since the game has started. L+ is the code for launching a mission, M+ is the code for ending one. C is the code for completing a contract. S+ is the code for collecting science (use the data field to include how much science was collected, AFAIK this is the only code to use the data field at this time). All the other codes that are used for ribbons can be found in the game via the settings menu on the FF panel

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really want to bother about old versions of this mod, but as someone who is currently stuck with 1.1.3, i'd like to know if there's a way to fix the issue of the FF window not opening more than once.

Literally click the icon to open the window, do whatever, and close the window, try to open the window again and all i get is:

Spoiler

[EXC 18:46:55.521] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameBrowser+HallOfFameSorter.<SortByStatistic>b__1 (Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameEntry left, Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameEntry right)
    System.Array.qsort[HallOfFameEntry] (Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameEntry[] array, Int32 low0, Int32 high0, System.Comparison`1 comparison)
    System.Array.Sort[HallOfFameEntry] (Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameEntry[] array, Int32 length, System.Comparison`1 comparison)
    Rethrow as InvalidOperationException: Comparison threw an exception.
    System.Array.Sort[HallOfFameEntry] (Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameEntry[] array, Int32 length, System.Comparison`1 comparison)
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameEntry].Sort (System.Comparison`1 comparison)
    Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameBrowser+HallOfFameSorter.SortByStatistic (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 list)
    Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameBrowser+HallOfFameSorter.Sort (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 list)
    Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFame.Sort ()
    Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFame.Refresh ()
    Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameBrowser.OnOpen ()
    Nereid.FinalFrontier.AbstractWindow.SetVisible (Boolean visible)
    Nereid.FinalFrontier.FinalFrontier.toggleBrowserVisibility ()
    Nereid.FinalFrontier.FinalFrontier+<>c__DisplayClass2.<AddBlizzysToolbarButtons>b__0 (FinalFrontierAdapter.ClickEvent e)
    FinalFrontierAdapter.Button.clicked (System.Object realEvent)
    Toolbar.Command.click ()
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    Toolbar.Log:log(LogLevel, Exception, String, Object[])
    Toolbar.Log:error(Exception, String, Object[])
    Toolbar.Command:click()
    Toolbar.Button:click()
    Toolbar.Button:drawInToolbar(Rect, Boolean)
    Toolbar.Toolbar:drawButtons()
    Toolbar.Toolbar:draw()
    Toolbar.ToolbarManager:OnGUI()

KSP 1.1.3 and Final Frontiers 1.0.13-2539

does it work again if you exit to the main menu and reload the save? I can't remember ever having an issue opening the FF window under v1.1.3 (only just moved up to v1.2.2 two weeks ago) but I don't remember if I ever opened it more than once per session

12 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

does it work again if you exit to the main menu and reload the save? I can't remember ever having an issue opening the FF window under v1.1.3 (only just moved up to v1.2.2 two weeks ago) but I don't remember if I ever opened it more than once per session

Nope, full restart required to get it working again. 

Also, it seems like a conflict with KCT in another area could be causing this. Having KCT installed alongside FF, and choosing a crew via the KCT menu when launching like usual, is causing crew to not show up in the vessel. Showing this error for each kerbal: 

Spoiler

[ERR 19:27:45.288] Error when assigning Jebediah Kerman to SSTU-SC-C-CM

[EXC 19:27:45.289] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameBrowser+HallOfFameSorter.<SortByStatistic>b__1 (Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameEntry left, Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameEntry right)
    System.Array.qsort[HallOfFameEntry] (Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameEntry[] array, Int32 low0, Int32 high0, System.Comparison`1 comparison)
    Rethrow as InvalidOperationException: Comparison threw an exception.
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameEntry].Sort (System.Comparison`1 comparison)
    Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameBrowser+HallOfFameSorter.SortByStatistic (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 list)
    Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameBrowser+HallOfFameSorter.Sort (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 list)
    Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFame.Sort ()
    Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFame.Refresh ()
    Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver.OnKerbalStatusChange (.ProtoCrewMember kerbal, RosterStatus oldState, RosterStatus newState)
    EventData`3[ProtoCrewMember,ProtoCrewMember+RosterStatus,ProtoCrewMember+RosterStatus].Fire (.ProtoCrewMember data0, RosterStatus data1, RosterStatus data2)
    ProtoCrewMember.set_rosterStatus (RosterStatus value)
    KerbalConstructionTime.KerbalConstructionTime.Start ()

Magico13's response from the KCT thread: "That's not something I can fix on my side, at least not on my own. You could try reporting it on the Final Frontier thread, but make sure you mention that it's happening with KCT. The problem seems to stem from the fact that KCT changes kerbal states (assigned, available, etc) in a situation that FF isn't expecting, so FF doesn't have some data loaded. They either need to catch that error and handle it themselves so it doesn't propagate up, or they need to recognize the situation and handle it so the error never gets thrown in the first place."

Love this mod!

As I progress in Career and have robust station infrastructure, the mission count starts to lose meaning.  For instance, Jeb launches into Kerbin orbit and docks with Kerbin station, then takes a shuttle waiting at the station with tourists to Mun orbit and back to Kerbin station.  Tourists transfer to descent vehicle with another pilot and return to Kerbin.  Jeb refuels shuttle and goes on a rescue mission to Minmus, then returns to Kerbin Station.  Etc, etc,...  This is all considered a single mission until Jeb lands back on Kerbin.

Not sure the way missions are counted is a KSP thing or this mod.  It would be nice to let the player set up a mission begin end, or have station docking and departure automatically set mission end points. Perhaps have nested missions  eg. Mission 1 begin at launch pad and pause at Arrive Station (Mission 2 begin at Depart Station and end at Return Station) Mission 1 end at return to Kerbin = 2 missions complete and so on....

Not sure if feasible, just spit balling.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2017 at 0:52 PM, bigcalm said:

A zip file for Galileo Planet Pack -- I've not done a whole lot apart from rename the existing icons already created in the PlanetFactory one.  Unzip it in GameData somewhere, preferably in the GPP folder.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50581433/GPP-final-frontier.zip

Is this still available somewhere @bigcalm?  Just did the first suborbital flight in a new GPP save, and Val got exactly zero ribbons for it :(

31 minutes ago, fourfa said:

Is this still available somewhere @bigcalm?  Just did the first suborbital flight in a new GPP save, and Val got exactly zero ribbons for it :(

FF is already included in GPP in the optional mods folder, and it's the full version.

Edited by Galileo

• 2 weeks later...

@Nereid - Do you have a file of graphic assets you use for this?  In particular I am looking for the icons, brass-ish in color, that look like pins on a given ribbon, designating specifics about the mission (i.e. the capsule on the right side of the ribbon, or the buttons designating multiple awards for the same ribbon)

I am looking into creating a ribbonpack for @Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul, and would like to use the same aesthetics as the original if possible.

Thanx in advance.

52 minutes ago, Meta Jonez said:

@Nereid@Gameslinx - Do you have a file of graphic assets you use for this?  In particular I am looking for the icons, brass-ish in color, that look like pins on a given ribbon, designating specifics about the mission (i.e. the capsule on the right side of the ribbon, or the buttons designating multiple awards for the same ribbon)

I think I have these at home. Send me a PM and I'll (hopefully) remember to look.

8 hours ago, Meta Jonez said:

I am looking into creating a ribbonpack for @Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul, and would like to use the same aesthetics as the original if possible.

Could you send me a PM with more details? I don't quite understand, sorry :P

@Nereid - Do you have a file of graphic assets you use for this?  In particular I am looking for the icons, brass-ish in color, that look like pins on a given ribbon, designating specifics about the mission (i.e. the capsule on the right side of the ribbon, or the buttons designating multiple awards for the same ribbon)

I am looking into creating a ribbonpack for @Gameslinx's Planet Overhaul, and would like to use the same aesthetics as the original if possible.

I think this may help you http://www.kerbaltek.com/_downloads/KSP-Ribbons_Version-8.zip

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.