[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

So looking to clean frontier from my save file and not start over. I was drunk and I blame the modder for this cause of his cute kitty pick which means he should be the antagonist and I should be the victim. Any how its been like 4 days of play after work and I'm not going back on that ...., made a bomb ass lander moved a ....ing stupid big ass tower of a mun base that was too tall and shouldn't have been able to have been moved to a flatter area but was cause of great ingenuity and its 4 days of stuff. That being said it is clear that when ever i try to load FF back up it hangs the .... out of the game for me so I just want to clear it out of my save file and start from scratch and because I don't touch myself too much I feel like this should help. So I shall be ever waiting instructions on how to some how clean out FF from my save file like a good colon blow. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

So looking to clean frontier from my save file and not start over. I was drunk and I blame the modder for this cause of his cute kitty pick which means he should be the antagonist and I should be the victim. Any how its been like 4 days of play after work and I'm not going back on that ...., made a bomb ass lander moved a ....ing stupid big ass tower of a mun base that was too tall and shouldn't have been able to have been moved to a flatter area but was cause of great ingenuity and its 4 days of stuff. That being said it is clear that when ever i try to load FF back up it hangs the .... out of the game for me so I just want to clear it out of my save file and start from scratch and because I don't touch myself too much I feel like this should help. So I shall be ever waiting instructions on how to some how clean out FF from my save file like a good colon blow. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

It may have been buried somewhere in that ramble, but what gives you the impression that FF has corrupted your save file? What specifically is it doing? Does your game hang on the loading screen?

Regarding RAM usage I have done some tests:

1. Without Final Frontier installed

1. Main menu: 1236 MB
    2. Space Center: 1401 MB
    3. Flight: 1317 MB

4. With Final Frontier installed
      1. Main menu: 1257 MB (no increase if running for a while)
      2. Space Center: 1428 MB (no increase if running for a while)
      3. Flight: 1338 MB (no increase if running for a while)

Done within a fresh game, sandbox, just a few mods and no launch.

So memory usage of FF is about 20MB. Of course this may increase a bit if a few kerbals have done some missions, but I do not think it will ever go above 30 MB.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, first off thank you for making this mod it's awesome. Definitely adds a lot more immersion to the game. That being said ever since I converted my save file over to the new format KSP now takes about a minute to start loading or longer and hangs and goes white into not responding. I select wait for program and eventually it comes around, but after that the game will additionally hang when I am playing it as well at times. It has got to the point where I have to just not run FF. Any idea on how I can fix this? Also let me know what I can do if you need more info. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

If you want to remove FF from your save, just search for this part in the persisence.sfs:

SCENARIO
{
name = HallOfFameScenarioModule
[...]

and remove that part (until the closing brace) completely.

But after I have taken a closer look into your logs: (forget it, the logs were submitted by KerbMav)

@KerbMav then

[ERR 19:26:39.183] Invalid parameter because it was infinity or nan.
[LOG 19:26:39.276] Occlusion area test is NAN! Args 0.080769027562194 0.0807690385731906 NaN
[LOG 19:26:39.277] part1: NaN
[LOG 19:26:39.278] part2: NaN
[LOG 19:26:39.278] part3: NaN

I do not think this is related to FF. Check your other mods. At least, check if this is still present if FF is deleted from the GameData folder.

- - - Updated - - -

T

I can't seem to get a mach-x ribbon awarded, though. Are they working in 1.02?

Maybe not. I will have to check this.

- - - Updated - - -

I suspect FF might have a memory leak.

I have just checked the memory usage before and after checks for ribbon awards. Difference was 0 bytes (garbage collector forced). So I cannot confirm this.

Edited by Nereid

If you want to remove FF from your save, just search for this part in the persisence.sfs:

SCENARIO
{
[...]

/QUOTE]

Thanks for replying and I appreciate the info. This didn't fix it, but I thought I would give it a chance since this didn't start happening till the update and conversion. It would make sense that it wouldn't work because I believe the save file isn't loaded until you pick the game, but ya. Any how so I run 21 mods and when I remove the final frontier folder the game doesn't hang in the beginning, however when I do have it, it does. It works, but the hang is annoying. Let me know if I can provide you with any more info that might help diagnose this issue.

This is easily one of my top five favorite mods for KSP. Colorful ribbons make the little guys so much more lovable.

I can't seem to get a mach-x ribbon awarded, though. Are they working in 1.02?

I have a replica F-104 Starfighter that I built that'll get up to around 1100m/s at sea level (!!!) and kerbals who pilot it never even get recognized for breaking mach 1.

Works for me, you have to achieve the speed at under 30,000m

Thanks for replying and I appreciate the info. This didn't fix it, but I thought I would give it a chance since this didn't start happening till the update and conversion. It would make sense that it wouldn't work because I believe the save file isn't loaded until you pick the game, but ya. Any how so I run 21 mods and when I remove the final frontier folder the game doesn't hang in the beginning, however when I do have it, it does. It works, but the hang is annoying. Let me know if I can provide you with any more info that might help diagnose this issue.

Well I do not think FF is causing this directly. But maybe there is some kind of a bug; who knows. In the KSP main folder is a file called KSP.log. Start KSP with Final Frontier, wait until KSP is crashed and then send me the log and the save (and I need a list of all installed mods). I will send you a private message with an email address. Sorry for the late answer, but I was a bit busy with relaxing the past two days. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Works for me, you have to achieve the speed at under 30,000m

Hmmm. He said, he tested this at sea level.

- - - Updated - - -

Its often better to start fresh if you have that option.

Smurfalot.. good suggestions, one issue that is a lingering bug. It may have been fixed already so correct me if I'm wrong. But under certain circumstances you can achieve the Dangerous EVA ribbon just EVAing on the pad.

This is not intended, but maybe we can nail this down together: This is the code for "dangerous EVA":

class DangerousEvaAchievement : Achievement
{
public DangerousEvaAchievement(int prestige)
: base("DE", "Dangerous EVA", prestige, false)
{
}

public override bool Check(VesselState previous, VesselState current)
{
// only an EVA could be a dangerous EVA
if (!current.IsEVA) return false;
// vessel changes wont count
if (previous == null) return false;
// EVA starts from a previous non EVA; no new EVA, no danger
if (previous.IsEVA) return false;
// EVA from a vessel in orbit isnt dangerous
if (previous.InOrbit) return false;
// EVA in orbit isnt dangerous
if (current.InOrbit) return false;
// surface is safe, too
if (previous.IsLanded) return false;
// surface is safe, too
if (current.IsLanded) return false;
// a splashdown EVA is not really dangerous
if( !previous.IsEVA && previous.Situation == Vessel.Situations.SPLASHED) return false;
if (current.Situation == Vessel.Situations.SPLASHED ) return false;
// danger ahead
return true;
}

public override String GetText()
{
return "Awarded for executing EVA while not in a stable orbit";
}
}

SCENARIO
{
[...]

/QUOTE]

That will remove the new save style after conversion. If you are trying to remove the save before conversion if it is causing problems with conversion then you will need to remove everything inside of FinalFrontierHallOfFameRoot

How much memory is KSP using after it loads successfully, and when it fails to load?

How much memory is KSP using after it loads successfully, and when it fails to load?

It doesn't fail to load. It hangs for about a min to three minutes. in task manager it hangs at 1200 mbs, when it loads around 2600 mbs.

Other than that the mod will work fine but It will cause random hangs during the game if it is installed and I have to alt f4 or end task.

Well I do not think FF is causing this directly. But maybe there is some kind of a bug; who knows. In the KSP main folder is a file called KSP.log. Start KSP with Final Frontier, wait until KSP is crashed and then send me the log and the save (and I need a list of all installed mods). I will send you a private message with an email address. Sorry for the late answer, but I was a bit busy with relaxing the past two days. ;)

Just glad to get a response, and its plenty fast for me. I will try and get some more info for you tonight once I get home from work. Thanks again for the effort.

Also this might be a bit off topic but regardless of FF I get this error and no one has respond on my post on the Support section and I was curious if you guys could point to what this crash is about. I am guessing its me hitting the memory cap regardless of having aggressive ATM.

Unity Player [version: Unity 4.6.4f1_99f88340878d]

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)

in module mono.dll at 0023:1011940a.

Error occurred at 2015-05-14_191406.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by Bolverker.

35% memory in use.

0 MB physical memory [0 MB free].

0 MB paging file [0 MB free].

0 MB user address space [111 MB free].

Write to location 01000000 caused an access violation.

Context:

EDI: 0x00800000 ESI: 0xd0bfb338 EAX: 0x00020000

EBX: 0x59cc55d0 ECX: 0x01000000 EDX: 0x00000000

EIP: 0x1011940a EBP: 0x00f60304 SegCs: 0x00000023

EFlags: 0x00010206 ESP: 0x00f602e0 SegSs: 0x0000002b

Bytes at CS:EIP:

66 0f 7f 01 66 0f 7f 41 10 66 0f 7f 41 20 66 0f

Edited by Bolverker

Pretty sure thats a feature, actually.

Normally only 3 lines of ribbons are displayed - but if you mouse over a kerbal then all their ribbons are displayed.

Is it working like that for you, or is this behaviour broken? If it is broken, its probably a bug : )

Pretty sure thats a feature, actually.

Normally only 3 lines of ribbons are displayed - but if you mouse over a kerbal then all their ribbons are displayed.

Is it working like that for you, or is this behaviour broken? If it is broken, its probably a bug : )

Ehh, so is this a feature or a bug?

Apologies if this has been addressed but with spotty cell phone service at work, it takes far too long to search through the myriad pages of posts...

FF seems to have a bug for me since the latest update. Supposedly pressing Left-alt + F brings up the FF window... but every since the update FF is doing so by just hitting F by itself. This is annoying as all hell when I have to keep turning my SAS on/off a second time to get rid of the window which keeps popping up in my face. And since it's hard coded, I can't change it to another keybind.

I like the immersion and tracking of individual Kerbal careers, but not at the expense of the annoyance factor of having a window keep popping in my face as I am trying to fly a rocket!

Again, you Mod's window keeps opening and closing with every activation of SAS through the F key... not LeftAlt+F as it's supposed to.

Ehh, so is this a feature or a bug?

If it works the way I described, its a feature :)

Apologies if this has been addressed but with spotty cell phone service at work, it takes far too long to search through the myriad pages of posts...

FF seems to have a bug for me since the latest update. Supposedly pressing Left-alt + F brings up the FF window... but every since the update FF is doing so by just hitting F by itself. This is annoying as all hell when I have to keep turning my SAS on/off a second time to get rid of the window which keeps popping up in my face. And since it's hard coded, I can't change it to another keybind.

I like the immersion and tracking of individual Kerbal careers, but not at the expense of the annoyance factor of having a window keep popping in my face as I am trying to fly a rocket!

Again, you Mod's window keeps opening and closing with every activation of SAS through the F key... not LeftAlt+F as it's supposed to.

I had this too, my solution was to turn the hotkey off. Not a big deal for me as I never use the hotkey.

Got it... and turned it off as well. No reason to even need check ribbons while in flight, and if you do... can always access it from the menu bar.

Still... Hard coding the hotkey to such a primary and important keybind as the SAS toggle.... is a a serious Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment that needs changing.

Hello, I have message "Landing on Kerbin ribbon is awarded to Bob Kerman" in the logbook, but not have ribbon Landing ribbon. Is this a bug or I do something wrong?

Can you post a screenshot? Some ribbons get superseeded by others. If you have also done an ground EVA on Kerbin, it will replace the landing ribbon. (there is one exclusion: The First EVA Ground wont supersede the First Landing ribbon).

Maybe I will add an option to remove the supersede feature. But this will spam quite some ribbons...

UPDATE: I have done a bit research about the orange bas, but didn't found a solution to change the suit, yet. I think there is a mod out there that does this, but can't remember the name.

- - - Updated - - -

Got it... and turned it off as well. No reason to even need check ribbons while in flight, and if you do... can always access it from the menu bar.

Still... Hard coding the hotkey to such a primary and important keybind as the SAS toggle.... is a a serious Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment that needs changing.

Turn the feature off in the config menu. But I will change it in the next release.

BTW: The hotkey was added for those without blizzys toolbar. Now we have stock and its not of great usage anymore.

Can you post a screenshot? Some ribbons get superseeded by others. If you have also done an ground EVA on Kerbin, it will replace the landing ribbon. (there is one exclusion: The First EVA Ground wont supersede the First Landing ribbon).

2zevub5.jpg

So, is the landing and eva ribbons like "numeric" ribbons (Achieved gee-force, Ribbons for time in EVA...)? Is there another "non-numeric" ribbons, which can be superseeded with other?

Scenario:

Multiple Kerbals are scattered across KSC

Scene:

KSC Overview (looking at all the building as a god)

Action:

Recover Kerbals, but do NOT close the FF Summary widow

Result:

After recovering the 2nd Kerbal (and for each kerbal to follow), the summary window becomes a very small box in the location that had been the upper left corner of the report window. Stock windows showing XP and Science recovered are unaffected.

I can supply a Video if desired.

BTW - this is a great mod, I only wish you could see it in the Astronaut Complex - it seems natural for it to be there, kinda like going back and seeing similar awards in (fill in the name of your favorite combat flying/navy/tank sim here) or the old Xwing series.

Edited by tg626