[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

5 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

Still looking for a volunteer who can implement my ideas for a promotion plugin, if anyone is interested... :)

Before I got busy a few months ago I have started a new plugin do implement this and FF has got an API for handling this.

Unfortunately KSP 1.2 will be released on tuesday - as "EU4: Rights of Man" will. And this will cause a big delay (again).

As the release of 1.2 is scheduled for tomorrow: I will upload a new version of FinalFrontier on 11-Oct at 18:00 CEST (maybe earlier if KSP 1.2 is released before 18:00 and all went well).  If KSP 1.2 is not released at 18:00 CEST, I will upload a build against 1.2-pre.

FinalFrontier will skip a minor version, so the updated will be labeled 1.2.x, because 1.1.x was a development branch for including ranks and making this branch compatible for KSP 1.2 is a risk.

Edited by Nereid

4 minutes ago, Leo_G. said:

Any chance you could tweak this so the toolbar is not required?  I'd be willing to help with that.  PM me if that's okay with you and we can exchange email or Skype info.

? Blizzys toolbar is not required anymore. And there is a hotkey. So, what is your suggestion?

9 minutes ago, Nereid said:

? Blizzys toolbar is not required anymore. And there is a hotkey. So, what is your suggestion?

Ah.  Nevermind then.  It's been a bit since I had time to play and was still using an old version of KSP.  I just downloaded 1.1.3 then realized that 1.2 is due out tomorrow, so I'll probably be waiting until then to play again.  Hopefully a 1.2 update for this will follow shortly.

Thanks for the reply, though.

Just now, Leo_G. said:

Ah.  Nevermind then.  It's been a bit since I had time to play and was still using an old version of KSP.

Well FF supports the stock toolbar for quite some time. I'm still not sure, if I implemented it correctly, but... well... it works. :)

The mission summary window is broken in the latest build of KSP 1.2 (1584). I do not believe I can fix this before 18:00, so I will disable it in the next release.

EDIT: This is a difficult one. In KSP 1.2 (maybe in 1.1.3 too and I didn't noticed it) the callback OnVesselRecovered is called mutiple times for the recovered vessel and for debris of the vessel. And I still have no clue how to add the summary to the buildin summary dialog. So the mission summary of FF is gone for a while (it was hacked into it anyway).

EDIT2: Got it back to work. But the summary window is now opened after the stock summary dialog is closed.

Edited by Nereid

Ok, I have uploaded a version for KSP 1.2-PRE on spacedock. Its market as a build against KSP 0.20 because spacedock still do not know anything about KSP 1.2 and I want to make sure everybody knows that this version is not build for KSP 1.1.3.

To make it more clear, I have set the default download to the version for 1.1.3. If you want the updated version, download 1.2.0-2630  from the changelog.

Edited by Nereid

7 hours ago, Nereid said:

EDIT: This is a difficult one. In KSP 1.2 (maybe in 1.1.3 too and I didn't noticed it) the callback OnVesselRecovered is called mutiple times for the recovered vessel and for debris of the vessel. And I still have no clue how to add the summary to the buildin summary dialog. So the mission summary of FF is gone for a while (it was hacked into it anyway).

I think it still doesn't work, at least in the current ckan version 1.2.0-2630

6 hours ago, kunok said:

I think it still doesn't work, at least in the current ckan version 1.2.0-2630

No, not in this version. Its reenabled in the next build.

7 hours ago, micha said:

Love this mod! Any chance of adding it to Github (or similar) though?

Its already on GitHub.

But the code is... well... some kind of suboptimal in some places [from a coding perspective - performance should be fine]. The whole persistence model has changed from ascii file to persistence file, from event triggered load to ScenarioModule, some old flaws of KSP may work now (and so a few workarounds are not needed anymore), some features were included later on and there are still quite a few places in the code were the Java code style is visible. Some of the code really has to be reworked.... but changing the code may introduce new bugs and my time to test it is a bit limited.

Edited by Nereid

I have uploaded a new version that is build for KSP 1.2 (and not the prerelease). This should not make a real difference. The new version should have a working mission summary window again.

And SQUAD: please make the stock summary window available for mods. I have figured out how to add CrewWidgets to the summary window but I still have no clue how to alter the information that is shown in a widget. If anybody can enlighten me...

Edited by Nereid

3 hours ago, Nereid said:

have uploaded a new version that is build for KSP 1.2 (and not the prerelease). This should not make a real difference. The new version should have a working mission summary window again.

Nereid you are my hero. Thanks for updating one of my favourite mods just within notime. Now my little kerbals can have badges to strut their uniforms to withstand those nasty G-forces. :D

Edited by dr_evil

11 hours ago, dr_evil said:

Nereid you are my hero. Thanks for updating one of my favourite mods just within notime. Now my little kerbals can have badges to strut their uniforms to withstand those nasty G-forces. :D

My pleasure. :) But I'm really missing a cat in your avatar picture. :wink:

10 hours ago, UAL002 said:

Do you watch twitch Nereid?  Swear I saw you pop in for a sec.

Sometimes. But it was very late yesterday, so I quit after a few seconds.

Edited by Nereid

There seems to be a minor bug: The mission summary displays sometimes ribbons that kerbal already got in previous missions. I will take a closer look at this tomorrow.

Edited by Nereid

19 minutes ago, Nereid said:

There seems to be a minor bug: The mission summary displays sometimes ribbons that kerbal already got in previous missions. I will take a closer look into this tomorrow.

My issue just before was no ribbons in summary despite 2 Kerbals having earned some. (One was rescued so brand new crew the other earned at least 1 new ribbon).

Nothing in log, will try to repro.

1 minute ago, micha said:

My issue just before was no ribbons in summary despite 2 Kerbals having earned some. (One was rescued so brand new crew the other earned at least 1 new ribbon).

Nothing in log, will try to repro.

I had to change the way the earned ribbons are detected, because of KSP 1.2. It was a quick hack as it was implemented long ago, but it worked. Dunno why its not working anymore.

2 hours ago, Nereid said:

There seems to be a minor bug: The mission summary displays sometimes ribbons that kerbal already got in previous missions. I will take a closer look into this tomorrow.

Oh they actually got their ribbons. They just weren't displayed in the Summary. 

1 hour ago, Nereid said:

Yes, the summary is sometimes incorrect at the moment.

Ah sorry misunderstanding. Thought you were referring overall to ribbon generation. No biggy then - summary screen is only eye candy :)