[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

• 2 weeks later...

this isn't a request many would find useful but I think it could be simple enough to implement so here goes: can any science points accrued at the end of a mission or transmitted at the same time be lumped together into a single ENTRY{}? I get why it lists them all separately in a general sense because that's how it would track the gradual increase over time via data transmission, but being able to lump the gains altogether would make the persistence entries much fewer and easier to navigate - I do a lot of manual work in the halloffame scenario listing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Nereid! Still love this mod, but I have a bug report to.. report...

It seems as though the flavour text for the ribbons is being constrained to the FF window which means that sometimes, it gets cut off, see below (I can't get Imgur albums to work here, sorry):

Spoiler

3 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

so that one custom ribbon can supersede another (i.e., to make the awarding of one ribbon also delete the previous, lower ranked ribbon)?

Hm but why would it? If you get a masters degree, you still have your bachelors degree from before, right? If a Kerbel achieves something, isn't it logical that there was a list of smaller things leading up to it?

1 hour ago, avalancha said:

Hm but why would it? If you get a masters degree, you still have your bachelors degree from before, right? If a Kerbel achieves something, isn't it logical that there was a list of smaller things leading up to it?

Well, given how large those salad bars (the decoration rows) get, maybe compressing things some might make things easier to scroll about when looking at the roster? And to be fair, to see someone march with a master's hood on grad day generally presumes thay he marched in the past with a bachelor's cap too, so he doesn't have to march with his bachelor's regalia either. I say generally because I never marched with my bachelor's or master's degrees... long story, having to do with late submission of final requirements. I did march for my law degree though, so you can make the presumption very safely. 

Looking at things, it's probably because with the default ribbons each achievement is treated as a unique decoration, as such it gets its own ribbon. A different implementation for custom ribbons for example might be to include devices (those pins on some ribbons that indicate repeat or meritorious achievements) that would justify replacing ribbons to reflect the updated awards. 

1 hour ago, avalancha said:

Because when I promote a Kerbal to Major, he should no longer have Captain's bars.

There's reasons to allow both behaviors.

On 12/19/2018 at 2:01 PM, ObsessedWithKSP said:

Hi @Nereid! Still love this mod, but I have a bug report to.. report...

It seems as though the flavour text for the ribbons is being constrained to the FF window which means that sometimes, it gets cut off, see below (I can't get Imgur albums to work here, sorry):

Hide contents

Yeah I mentioned this about a year ago. 

In the small Missions Summary window, the text is cut off, but in the wider Main FF window you can read the entire text.

Edited by BlackHat

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 5:56 PM, Drew Kerman said:

this isn't a request many would find useful but I think it could be simple enough to implement so here goes: can any science points accrued at the end of a mission or transmitted at the same time be lumped together into a single ENTRY{}? I get why it lists them all separately in a general sense because that's how it would track the gradual increase over time via data transmission, but being able to lump the gains altogether would make the persistence entries much fewer and easier to navigate - I do a lot of manual work in the halloffame scenario listing.

I have updated FF to KSP 1.6.0 and implemented this. But the science points are lumped together once and not per mission. If one does not wish this its possible to turn it of in the configuration (disable "squeeze science points"). But the science points are lumped together at loading time. So do not change the config in your current game or all single science entries are lost.

I'm aware of the tooltip text clipping in the summarize window. But its a minor bug and there was no time to fix it yet.

Edited by Nereid

On 12/20/2018 at 10:00 AM, SmarterThanMe said:

Also, @Nereid, any progress on setting things up so that one custom ribbon can supersede another (i.e., to make the awarding of one ribbon also delete the previous, lower ranked ribbon)? I know that you were working on this at some point, right?

Currently not. The next point on my list is localisation. I will have to externalize all strings in the code. Because its already done in some parts, FF is still on branch 1.5.x for KSP 1.6.0. FF 1.6.x is reserved for localisation changes.

Unfortunately my company moved in november and this caused some extra trouble in my life, beside of way to many games out there and just so little time.

LOL, a few days ago I was playing and Jeb & Bob were awarded the Christmas Ribbon. (Awarded to Kerbalnauts for preforming/Completing a mission on Christmas) :D

Spoiler

So I did a quick Scan and see it looks like there is one for 4th of July and KSP Anniversary.

Very amusing. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Anders Kerman said:

Are there any plans for standard ribbons so that a planet pack without ff ribbons will at least have an icon instead of being blank. Like maybe different color scemes for stars blackholes neutron stars planets moons or dwarfplanets? 

No. Buts its easy to add ribbons by yourself.

56 minutes ago, Nereid said:

No. Buts its easy to add ribbons by yourself.

Why yes but In my case I uninstalled ff for 2 reasons really

1 if badges were earned and the launch was reverted to vab they were still there (not sure about revert to launch tho)

2 I play kss and there were over 2000 ribbons and they all pretty much had no icons and that kinda triggered me tbh

I do miss using the mod tho

4 hours ago, Anders Kerman said:

Why yes but In my case I uninstalled ff for 2 reasons really

1 if badges were earned and the launch was reverted to vab they were still there (not sure about revert to launch tho)

2 I play kss and there were over 2000 ribbons and they all pretty much had no icons and that kinda triggered me tbh

I do miss using the mod tho

1. would be a bug and without a log and a save I don't think it will happen.

[it happens in the newer KSP versions, because a revert into VAB would not trigger a load as it does bevore, but as soon as you leave the VAB all ribbons are gone]

2. Dunno what you mean by "no icons".

Edited by Nereid

2 minutes ago, Anders Kerman said:

Well I mean the ribbons. Because there are no generic versions :(

Well, there are two ribbon packs out there which you can change for KSS (its not a big deal really). I do have quite a few generic ribbons here and if the mod author for kss wants to include them...

but I really can't provide ribbons for all possible planet expansions out there.

Maybe this week I will see what can I do about the new (but minor) "revert to VAB" problem. It depends on KSP if the mission time is reverted too. If not then its hard to resolve...

cheers!

@Nereid

Bugged in 1.6.1

wierd detection or something.

3 crew doing the same exact things but ribbons not being awarded to all.

first Eva in space was given to the 2nd kerbal doing eva, not the first.

upon landing only one kerbal got landing on kerbal ribbon even tho all of them were "virgins" so to speak.

something is off

EDIT: apparently kerbin surface EVA ribbon overwrote landing on kerbin ribbon.... but only for one of the kerbals.

they did the same exact steps

Edited by Cuna

50 minutes ago, Cuna said:

sure thing

do i have to "set it up" as it was when i found the wierd behaviour?

No. Just send me the file after the bug (I doubt it is one) has happend. And maybe a screenshot of the awarded ribbons and I need the names of the affected kerbals.

EDIT: It's no bug. It's WAD.

Edited by Nereid

21 hours ago, Nereid said:

I do have quite a few generic ribbons here and if the mod author for kss wants to include them...

1 hour ago, Nereid said:

Fixed in 1.5.3-3465

Can't wait to use ff again :D

21 hours ago, Nereid said:

but I really can't provide ribbons for all possible planet expansions out there.

Well yeah that's kinda clear. Can't be working yourself to death ehy?