[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there, I was just trying to install this and did everything it says to do. After installing, I'm getting is a white block on my toolbar and none of the ribbons are showing up in the pop out menu. I can't find the option to switch to your toolbar instead of the stock version either. Confused and can't find any information anywhere so any and all help would be AWESOME :) Thanks guys

15 hours ago, JakeyCakes said:

Hey there, I was just trying to install this and did everything it says to do. After installing, I'm getting is a white block on my toolbar and none of the ribbons are showing up in the pop out menu. I can't find the option to switch to your toolbar instead of the stock version either. Confused and can't find any information anywhere so any and all help would be AWESOME :) Thanks guys

First, what version of KSP are you using and what version of FF have you installed. How did you install it? CKAN or manually.

If Manually installed, do you have it in: KSP\GameData\FinalFrontier? or KSP\GameData\Nereid\FinalFrontier?

The  second one is the correct path, and maybe your problem.

Re: Your Toolbar? You mean Blitzzy's toolbar? On the main FF screen, (old OP example)

finalfrontier1.jpg

The Config button is what you want. Then you want to Uncheck the "Use stock toolbar" option.  

By default I 'think' FF will use Blitzzy if its present instead of the stock toolbar.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to give a heads-up, but there's a problem that I have when this is installed on my copy of KSP. Whenever I try to fly a plane (or any craft in general) with this installed, it never flies straight, no matter what design, and even with SAS disabled, and at that point, I might as well have called it the "Plane Crazy Kraken". I uninstalled Final Frontier, and it works just fine. I'm not sure if it's an interaction with another mod, or the mod itself. I've ruled out anything relate to hardware, and it just too much to deal with if I have it installed. Can anyone else confirm this? :/ If a mod list is needed, I can provide one.

It seems to be like a problem I had with the Blizzy toolbar in 1.2.2., and another with the most recent (albeit outdated) version of RasterPropMoniter, where when I had it installed, Kerbals' EVA jetpacks would keep thrusting up in orbit when they were enabled, until they were either disabled, or the pack ran out of propellant. Hopefully, someone can replicate it.

Edited by Toughluck3232

22 hours ago, Toughluck3232 said:

Just wanted to give a heads-up, but there's a problem that I have when this is installed on my copy of KSP. Whenever I try to fly a plane (or any craft in general) with this installed, it never flies straight, no matter what design, and even with SAS disabled, and at that point, I might as well have called it the "Plane Crazy Kraken". I uninstalled Final Frontier, and it works just fine. I'm not sure if it's an interaction with another mod, or the mod itself. I've ruled out anything relate to hardware, and it just too much to deal with if I have it installed. Can anyone else confirm this? :/ If a mod list is needed, I can provide one.

It seems to be like a problem I had with the Blizzy toolbar in 1.2.2., and another with the most recent (albeit outdated) version of RasterPropMoniter, where when I had it installed, Kerbals' EVA jetpacks would keep thrusting up in orbit when they were enabled, until they were either disabled, or the pack ran out of propellant. Hopefully, someone can replicate it.

Welcome to the forums.  I hope we can help.

I don't have this problem in a 100+ mod install and I've never heard of it either.  I'm not implying that what you're seeing isn't true, but I would suggest that there is absolutely no connection between FF and flight dynamics in KSP.  It just doesn't make sense.  That said, you haven't provided enough information to begin diagnosing the problem.  Which versions of KSP and FF are you using?  How did you install them - manually or CKAN?  What other mods are installed?

Read the thread below and post a link to your output_log.txt or KSP.log files.  A screenshot of your GameData directory can also be useful.

Consider following this course of action:

1. Start with a clean install (No mods.  Name it something such as FFTest).
  2. Add FF only and reproduce the problem.  If the problem exists, post your output_log file from a minimum game session that exhibits the problem in this topic.
  3. If the problem doesn't appear, add your remaining mods in small groups until you can replicate it.  Continue to narrow down the list until you have the minimum mods to reproduce.  Post your experience and log to the appropriate forum.

I know this seems a lot of work but it's a well known and used troubleshooting technique.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:01 PM, Brigadier said:

Welcome to the forums.  I hope we can help.

I don't have this problem in a 100+ mod install and I've never heard of it either.  I'm not implying that what you're seeing isn't true, but I would suggest that there is absolutely no connection between FF and flight dynamics in KSP.  It just doesn't make sense.  That said, you haven't provided enough information to begin diagnosing the problem.  Which versions of KSP and FF are you using?  How did you install them - manually or CKAN?  What other mods are installed?

Read the thread below and post a link to your output_log.txt or KSP.log files.  A screenshot of your GameData directory can also be useful.

Consider following this course of action:

1. Start with a clean install (No mods.  Name it something such as FFTest).
  2. Add FF only and reproduce the problem.  If the problem exists, post your output_log file from a minimum game session that exhibits the problem in this topic.
  3. If the problem doesn't appear, add your remaining mods in small groups until you can replicate it.  Continue to narrow down the list until you have the minimum mods to reproduce.  Post your experience and log to the appropriate forum.

I know this seems a lot of work but it's a well known and used troubleshooting technique.

I ran it again with Final Frontier and the other mods, and it seems that I might just have goofed up on my part controlling craft. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. So anyway, false alarm!  Although, that information is useful, so thanks anyways. I've done that same method when something is acting up while a modded install a few times, and it works.

I have been wondering for literally years why I always get a ton of ribbon unfound errors at the main menu and I just figured it out. I am playing with opm, and sigma binary installed. With sigma binary, final frontier is looking for all the usual celestial body ribbons for the bary centers of duna/ike and plock/karen. Glad I finally figured it out, and know that it isn't harmful. Also good if any other users are wondering. (also, fyi, sigma binary appears to work in 1.6.1)

Edited by Errol

• 1 month later...

I found a bug where astronauts can get assigned endurance ribbons they shouldn't have. I can reproduce it with KSP 1.6.1/FF 1.5.3, as well as older versions:

1. Create a space station with a high-priority name, and launch it into orbit.
  2. Time warp at least 80 Kerbin days into the future.
  3. Launch a manned spacecraft into orbit and dock with the station.
  4. Send an astronaut on EVA, then have them return to the station+spacecraft.
  5. The astronaut will now have the 80-day mission ribbon, despite having spent much less time than that in space.

A fix would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Starstrider42

1 minute ago, razark said:

I'm not sure what you mean here.  Can you please clarify?

In the VAB, right-click on the station's command pod, choose "Configure Vessel Naming", and move the priority slider to the right. This ensures that any spacecraft attached to the station don't rename it.

1 minute ago, Starstrider42 said:

move the priority slider to the right.

Huh.

Since when did this exist?  Honestly, I've never noticed it. 

Is this a stock feature, or a modded one?  ( I have been known to confuse them before.)

1 hour ago, aceman67 said:

How well does this mod play with planet packs? I absolutely love this mod and want to use it in the playthrough I'm doing with Beyond Home. Do the Planet related ribbons not get awarded?

Ribbons get awarded (inadvertently checked that with OPM), but if FF can't find the image for ribbon, it shows blank (transparent) image.

As far as I know, there aren't any ribbons for BH yet.

Just now, NHunter said:

As far as I know, there aren't any ribbons for BH yet.

Seeing how new it is, I wasn't expecting one. I was just wondering if the Kraken would rear its head and cause issues. Hopefully, someone does make a pack for this planet pack, what I've seen of it is amazeballs.

18 hours ago, razark said:

Since when did this exist?  Honestly, I've never noticed it. 

Is this a stock feature, or a modded one?  ( I have been known to confuse them before.)

17 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Stock since 1.5, I believe, maybe 1.4.x.

It's been around since version 1.4; there's a nice writeup on it.

I'm not sure you actually need to use the new naming system to reproduce the bug I described, it just guarantees that it will happen.

2 hours ago, Foxxonius Augustus said:

I am having trouble unlocking the distance record ribbon. What is it calculated on? Is it furthest distance from starting point? Is it based on how far away from the starting point I recover the ship?

Instructions unclear. Now I am in space. Plz halp...

There seems to be 4 ribbons tied to records. (Distance >10K, Speed > 100m/s, Altitude >1000m, and Depth > any depth)

I do have 3 of these, (Not depth) that Jeb has received. Val also has a Speed Ribbon, but no one else...

And none of my other Kerbals have any of these. (And many of them should have received them, as they have been on missions launching from KSC. But all my Kerbals beyond the first 4 have been Rescues.

Maybe only 1 will be awarded to the first who achieves it. But then why does Val also have a speed. I am pretty sure I was not doing a 2 kerbal launch that early in my Career game.

For distance, it should be the rocket travels at least 10K from the launch pad.

Edited by BlackHat

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bit Fiddler said:

where can I find a list of the codes used for the ribbons in the save file?  I have had some strange thing happen and mess with my awarded ribbons and I would like to go back to the save file and fix them.

1. Open the FF window (from the toolbar)
  2. Click on the button labeled "Config" 
  3. On the upper left corner you see a button "Browse Ribbon Codes"