[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

Great MOD.

Just reporting that in the FF Kerbal log, the place where you see which medal was awarded and when, the date format is inconsistent with the default Kerbin date system (6 hours day, 426 days year) it seems like the date and time used by FF is from a planet from a galaxy far far away named Earth...

Edited by Galenmacil

I have also had a cloning issue with my kerbals, on a mining operation on Duna, using KAS and KIS, as well as USI/MKS mods and FF. Seems whenever the kerbal eva's, and tries to get back in, I have a clone. Now it could be formed via the other mods, but I just wanted to reiterate TrooperCooper's bug.

I have also had a cloning issue with my kerbals, on a mining operation on Duna, using KAS and KIS, as well as USI/MKS mods and FF. Seems whenever the kerbal eva's, and tries to get back in, I have a clone. Now it could be formed via the other mods, but I just wanted to reiterate TrooperCooper's bug.

I think it's a known KIS bug... just F5 before each EVA so you don't lose too much

I will test my game tonight with a copy that runs without KIS/KAS, and one that does, and one that similarly runs with/without FF. I will back up my save, so I won't lose my pilots' achievements (Valentina rocks the entire roster....she is one kerbalnaut you want with you when the going gets tough!).

I installed the mod part way through a career playthrough. I'm not too far along (I haven't gotten a Kerbal on to any other planet, just orbit and Kerbin EVAs), however, whenever I send Jebediah on a mission he comes back without getting any ribbons. I tried to "award" him with things he's already done (first Kerbal in space, first orbit), but I can't figure how to do that. I've tried to have him repeat tasks that he's done (go into orbit, eva while in orbit), and have had him do things that he's never done before (plant a flag) and none of these things get me any ribbons. I'm about to recruit a completely new Kerbal and try that, but I'd like it to be "accurate" as to who was the first Kerbal to certain things.

Is this because I've started this midplaythrough? Does this mod require a fresh start?

In case it's a compatibility issue, I'm also using the following mods:

KSP Alarm Clock

Kerbin Konstruck All-in-One (KerbinSide)

Sorry, I was a bit distracted the last few weeks by my new car. :)

Is this because I've started this midplaythrough? Does this mod require a fresh start?

No it doesn't. I will send you a mail address because I need a save game, to analyze this.

- - - Updated - - -

Nereid love the mod, question, i converted all the ribbons to DDS and now they don't show up, is this expected? If so, will this mod support DDS eventually?

I had a question for DDS support already. I'm not sure, if DDS support is possible. As far as I know, DDS won't work for icons.

- - - Updated - - -

I get a log event from Final Frontier every time something (even debris) goes from orbiting to atmospheric flight. Is FF tracking every object in the game instead of just the crewed ones?

FF gets an event for all objects. If it is not the active one, FF ignores most of them. But can you please post the logs you have observed?

- - - Updated - - -

So Neried, I'm having issues in conjuction with FF and the Kerbinside side jobs, contract configurator contracts. It has to do with the Kerbals the missions spawn. Are you ware of this? Is there anything that can be done on your end. Alpha ash made me aware of the incompatability today.

I'm aware of this and investigating it at the moment. Sorry for the delay.

- - - Updated - - -

Same problem here:

Had the game hanging during a launch. KSP afterwards dosen't want to start anymore, so I reinstalled in another folder, reinstalled the used mods and copied over my saved career. The vessel that crashed was then on the launchpad and I couldn't reverse the flight to the editor anymore. Therefor I loaded earlier save.

Game was starting slow and switching vessel realy took more time. At the same time I noticed heavy logging by FF in the debug menu.

Do you still have the save game with those issues?

Hi Nereid, I actually found a solution to the problem that I posted above

It turns out that at some point my 000_toolbar folder ended up in the wrong pathway and the game wasn't generating the icon images. I became aware of this when I clicked on the "Ribbons" button (which is supposed to show you all the potential ribbons) and the screen came up blank. After putting the folder in the correct pathway, the icon images and ribbon images began to show up and the mod now works just fine!

Hi there!

Here is how to reproduce it:

Clean GameData folder except for the following:

KAS

KIS

Nereid

KWRocketry

Module Manager

Vessel setup:

Take a probe core (I used RC-001S, RC-L01 or Okto2, but any should do) as root part. Attach a KW-Rocketry v-15 LFT tank below. Attach another KW-Rocketry v-15 LFT tank radially to the first tank. Then put a KAS CC-R2 Connector port anywhere on those tanks.

The above is the setup that will cause the problem. Now take another vessel [...]

I'm taking a closer look into this. And this is one of the few really helpful descriptions how to reproduce the bug.

EDIT: There is some kind of a bug, because I got a NRE. And yes, there is a cloned kerbal after entering the pod. This could cause several other issues, because FF won't like "cloned kerbals" at all.

EDIT2: no clone without FF installed confirmed.

EDIT3: I found the bug. But there is still an issue left...

There is a (minor) issue in FF with some achievements assuming the current vessel state is not null. But it seems that some other mods will trigger events in some kind of a weird state (because the current vessel state is null). I'm fixing this. But resolving the cloned kerbal issue will take a while. And I do not have any clue, what is causing this. Maybe there is some kind of relation between KAS and FF.

I'm using KAS myself, so I will do my best to fix this. KAS is one of the most important mods out there.

Edited by Nereid

Hi there!

I also ran into a Kerbal-cloning bug today. Since it seemed to render my whole mining operation on Minmus useless, I was pretty upset and spent most of the day figuring out whats causing it and finally nailed it down to this mod in conjunction with KW-Rocketry and KAS/KIS.

Here is how to reproduce it: [...]

This should be fixed in 0.8.3-1361. It may solve the problems with some other mods, too.

Thanks for reporting this bug.

- - - Updated - - -

I will test my game tonight with a copy that runs without KIS/KAS, and one that does, and one that similarly runs with/without FF. I will back up my save, so I won't lose my pilots' achievements (Valentina rocks the entire roster....she is one kerbalnaut you want with you when the going gets tough!).

Please test it against the current build.

I removed KIS/KAS a few days ago, as I could not go without my FF! However, I will give it a try asap this evening and report back.

I actually had a scary thing happen (like a strange sci-fi if you will), before I reloaded a previous save. One of my kerbals living on Duna on a small colony became cloned. I had a small station up in Duna orbit, so I sent down a lander to pick him up. All went well (besides the curious clone back on the colony), and brought him up to the station. When I got him to transfer over to the Duna orbital station, the station started to shake uncontrollably (I have reinforced joint mod running), and then the whole thing split apart and was destroyed. It all happened when the station was on the dark side of Duna, and the only survivor was the lander pilot.

Scary, and amusing to boot. Hopefully the clones will stay away now and I can have fun with FF and the rest of the best mods out there.

Cheers.

I removed KIS/KAS a few days ago, as I could not go without my FF! However, I will give it a try asap this evening and report back.

I am using KIS, KAS, and FF. So far, I have no problems.

I have seen mentions of the cloning issue in several unrelated mods, so I'm wondering if it's a stock behavior being exposed by mods. In each case, it involves Kerbals entering or exiting craft.

Scary, and amusing to boot. Hopefully the clones will stay away now and I can have fun with FF and the rest of the best mods out there.

Strange. Are there any Exceptions in the log? The clones were caused by a NRE and there is still a suspicious exception left (but I'm not sure if its caused by FF yet).

I have changed the internal representation of a kerbal from a strong reference to a weak reference, too. But this wasn't causing the cloning bug. It were caused by a trivial bug: an access to a reference that were not checked against null.

- - - Updated - - -

I am using KIS, KAS, and FF. So far, I have no problems.

I have seen mentions of the cloning issue in several unrelated mods, so I'm wondering if it's a stock behavior being exposed by mods. In each case, it involves Kerbals entering or exiting craft.

Maybe. I have the suspicion that an uncaught exception at the wrong time in the event chain can cause this.

I am using KIS, KAS, and FF. So far, I have no problems. I have seen mentions of the cloning issue in several unrelated mods, so I'm wondering if it's a stock behavior being exposed by mods. In each case, it involves Kerbals entering or exiting craft.

Today on IRC someone posted a picture of a cloned Jeb; they seemed to be saying they were not using FF, but they were not very coherent. I encouraged them to report it here. The screenshot had no FF icon on it.

Today on IRC someone posted a picture of a cloned Jeb; they seemed to be saying they were not using FF, but they were not very coherent. I encouraged them to report it here. The screenshot had no FF icon on it.

After Nereid's post above, I realized another situation that might cause it - it's possible that multiple mod authors are each doing the thing (or things) that allow the bug to occur. Hopefully someone can pin whatever it is down.

I got a bug report from a user of the Tourism Plus Contract Pack that a certain mission that spawns kerbals bugs out due to exceptions in Final Frontier:

[EXC 21:13:48.923] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object	Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameEntry.Award (Nereid.FinalFrontier.Ribbon ribbon)
Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFame.Record (.ProtoCrewMember kerbal, Nereid.FinalFrontier.Ribbon ribbon)

Just a note: I don't think the latest release will fix this. So expect some issues with the correcponding Contract Pack mod until this bug is fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Nereid, I actually found a solution to the problem that I posted above

Thanks for reporting. Have fun. :)

I have no clue what is causing the bug with Tourism Plus Contract Pack at the moment. It seems that FF will not find the corresponding entry in the hall of fame. Maybe the spawned kerbals in the crew roster are not of the type tourist or crew. If this is the case then FF will go panic. I will change this in 0.8.4 but I'm not sure if this is causing the exception.

Hi you guys...

1st off, great mod!

Ok, now for the bad part.

Im having a little trouble.

I installed the mod without issue.

I go into the game and it seems to be working perfectly.

I see the little FF ribbon icon at the top, next to KER. If I click it, it opens up and shows me all my little Kerbals.

But it never asked me if I wanted to convert my old saves.

I went into the options area and "Convert old saves" is selected by default I guess.

But it never asked me. I do not have any mods that modify the solar system in any way, like "outer planets" or anything like that.

So I did a mission with Jeb to see if it was fully working, And it seems to be working perfectly. He got a few ribbons and it said he was in flight for 0.02 days. WOOT!!!

But it also said he went into space for the 1st time?

He's done 20+ missions so far, but its saying this was his 1st...

Is there a bug with the "convert old saves" feature?

Can I fix this so that I don't have to start a brand new career?

Thanks

But it never asked me if I wanted to convert my old saves.

FF will ask this only if you updated from an old version of FF.

So I did a mission with Jeb to see if it was fully working, And it seems to be working perfectly. He got a few ribbons and it said he was in flight for 0.02 days. WOOT!!!

But it also said he went into space for the 1st time?

Can I fix this so that I don't have to start a brand new career?

Not directly. FF knows nothing about previous missions before FF was installed. So whatever kerbal is the first (active) in space after FF was installed will get the first kerbal in space ribbon.

If you have three flights in space and all were started before FF was installed and you choose one of them, all of the crew will get the first in space ribbon.

But you can edit your persistent file yourself and give the ribbon to a different kerbal at a different time.

EDIT: I'm tesing 0.8.4 at the moment and use it in my regular game for a while. This release may fix the issue with the Contract Configurator and the Tourism Pack.

Edited by Nereid

FF will ask this only if you updated from an old version of FF.

Not directly. FF knows nothing about previous missions before FF was installed. So whatever kerbal is the first (active) in space after FF was installed will get the first kerbal in space ribbon.

If you have three flights in space and all were started before FF was installed and you choose one of them, all of the crew will get the first in space ribbon.

But you can edit your persistent file yourself and give the ribbon to a different kerbal at a different time.

EDIT: I'm tesing 0.8.4 at the moment and use it in my regular game for a while. This release may fix the issue with the Contract Configurator and the Tourism Pack.

ok thank you for the reply.

I thought the "convert old saves" feature, meant that it would convert saves prior to FF's installation.

But I guess not.

Ok so maybe I will just uninstall it for now, but when I start a new career, I will put it back in.

Thanks again!

Ok so maybe I will just uninstall it for now, but when I start a new career, I will put it back in.

Thanks again!

You can also disable all non wanted ribbons by just deleting their corresponding graphics in Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons.

0.8.6-1370 may (!) fix the compatibility issue with Contract Configurator. Unfortunately I do not have a ongoing game with CC to test this. So I need feedback, if this version helps.

@Nereid

Hey, I was just looking through the folders for this mod, and I noticed all the ribbons were in PNG format.

It is possible to convert them to DDS format, just like all the part textures? Or does that only work for parts?

If so, do you think you could push a version with DDS images for the next update? (to improve game performance)

Regards,

Northstar

Edited by Northstar1989

@Nereid

Hey, I was just looking through the folders for this mod, and I noticed all the ribbons were in PNG format.

It is possible to convert them to DDS format, just like all the part textures? Or does that only work for parts?

If so, do you think you could push a version with DDS images for the next update? (to improve game performance)

Regards,

Northstar

I don't know about FF ribbons, but it was reported elsewhere that changing game flags to DDS broke them, and they'd stop showing up in game. Part textures are fine, but not flags, and by extension, maybe, FF ribbons? I don't know, just reporting it.

I don't know about FF ribbons, but it was reported elsewhere that changing game flags to DDS broke them, and they'd stop showing up in game. Part textures are fine, but not flags, and by extension, maybe, FF ribbons? I don't know, just reporting it.

MAYBE. This is why we need to have the mod author try it out, test it, and see if there is a way to make it work if it doesn't initially. Nobody else knows the code of the mod better.

Regards,

Northstar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.