[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

23 hours ago, ExplorerKlatt said:

No it doesn't. 

Thanks.  I finally got this working with the latest release from Curse and a manual install.  I would prefer a CKAN-managed install but it is what it is.

1. What does the "Convert save games" option in the Configuration window do?
  2. I have Blizzy's toolbar installed and FF's "Use Stock Toolbar" option was disabled when I first opened the config window.  However, I configure a FF button on Blizzy's toolbar; it's just not available.  Is this known/expected behaviour?  When I enable the FF option to use the stock toolbar, it appears as expected.
  3. The default hotkey (Left-Alt F) conflicts with the GCMonitor mod's function to display its data.  Not a big deal as long as they're in sync.  Could the FF hotkey become user definable (I ask this because FF is 1.0.5 compatible but GCMonitor is built for 1.0.4 and may not be under active management)?
Edited by Brigadier
More information about the stock toolbar visibility

Thanks for the cool mod and the nice new custom ribbon features. In your FinalFrontierAdapter example you use the two functions "this.adapter.RegisterRibbon" and "this.adapter.RegisterCustomRibbon". Can I award ribbons defined in a FinalFrontierCustomRibbons.cfg file via the adapter too? (e.g. award a ribbon by integer Id or re-register a custom ribbon).

• 2 weeks later...

Just one short question, Have RO/RSS on 1.05 installed, bunch of modes, all working.  Installed FF mod and starting fresh new carer. After successful mission kerbals dont get any merits, nothing while mod looks to work. Is there some option Im missing to check or change to FF work with RO/RSS?

I've just noticed that while I was in Kerbal's atmosphere after a launch from KSC, pressing F to temporarily disengage the SAS also displayed the FF Hall of Fame.  Above 70km, this didn't happen.  Alt-F still worked as advertised in both cases.

• 3 weeks later...

A question--does anyone know if there's a way to edit a Kerbal if he/she has bugged/incorrect information--for example, no missions despite having been on multiple missions and having the associated experience, or missing medla ribbons? 

@Nereid I talked with nightingale and I really want to offer ribbons for GAP contract completion, but the hold up is in the 4 digit IDs that FF is currently coded to use.

Could I beg you for the love of making a contract maker's dream come true, :) to seriously consider making IDs string based rather than the currently incompatible 4 digit id?

How simple would switching FF to use string based IDs rather than the current 4 digit ID system, be for you?  

If you made FF use string based IDs, CC could readily be coded for FF compatibility almost overnight. The current numeric ID scheme is impossible to code CC to use it without a ton of coding commitment and resulting support commitment. 

Pretty please?

Edited by inigma

Will FF get support for the new Kebal mini games that Squad have in the development branch? 

I suppose we have to wait for the official 1.1 to be released. However it would make it easier to keep track of new forum challenges like the new one for the beta testers. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/135685-gone-fishin/#comment-2487824

20 hours ago, CorporalRutland said:

I've made some custom ribbons adapted either from Nereid or STM's ribbons. What are the rules on sharing?

At least in regards to my work, you can do whatever you like, but have to say that you made it based on my work, you can't use it for any commercial purposes annd you have to share it under the CC BY NC SA license. More details at that link also. :)

On 1/4/2016 at 7:18 PM, nobodyhasthis2 said:

Will FF get support for the new Kebal mini games that Squad have in the development branch? 

I suppose we have to wait for the official 1.1 to be released. However it would make it easier to keep track of new forum challenges like the new one for the beta testers. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/135685-gone-fishin/#comment-2487824

he he  yes that look cool    ( forum threat about mini games was posted friday 1 april )  :cool:    but actual nice idea if we somehow could get awards for forum challenges.

11 hours ago, Peder said:

he he  yes that look cool    ( forum threat about mini games was posted friday 1 april )  :cool:    but actual nice idea if we somehow could get awards for forum challenges.

Well the mini game is actually real. Double joke. Sorry we could help it. Scott Manley was working with us too. The whole point of my earlier post on the 1st April was to help divert forum attention in a few places   :cool:

The truth is that the fishing game is a real but did not come from Squad. It was a prank from @nightingale. Which is now available for everyone to use as a mod. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/135728-10511-kerbal-sports-jebediah-kermans-fishing-challenge-v101-2016-04-02/

FF does store information unique to each Kerbal so could be used as a frame work to store sports results. Possibly with fishing medals. So ironically it there is programming opportunities to explorer here.

@inigma I'm really digging that idea. Hope that gets implemented (assuming this wonderful mod doesn't get lost on 1.1)

I just started using this mod and I'm loving it. One improvement I'd like to see is to award some of the science ribbons based off either who's part of your staff when unlocking a tech node or maybe who uses the new part first. I'd write it myself but unfortunately I've never used C# and it's taking me a bit  to figure it out.

On 4/16/2016 at 7:59 AM, Rhedd said:

I can't imagine playing KSP without this mod, so please please PLEASE update it to 1.1 when you get the time. It's one of my very favorite mods!

I would hate to lose this mod, and I hope it gets updated soon.

On 2/19/2016 at 11:14 AM, Brigadier said:

The default hotkey (Left-Alt F) conflicts with the GCMonitor mod's function to display its data.  Not a big deal as long as they're in sync.  Could the FF hotkey become user definable (I ask this because FF is 1.0.5 compatible but GCMonitor is built for 1.0.4 and may not be under active management)?

@Brigadier So I play on OS X and Linux and the hotkey has given me a lot of trouble - and then on occasion it decides that just "F" will be the hotkey, so I've got the FF Hall of Fame window popping up while I'm trying to get Jeb to grab his ship because he felt like the "time until atmospheric impact" timer was for sissies. Anyways, I've played around with this a little bit and it seems to work (disclaimer - I'm not forcing you to do this so if it murders all your kerbals, I'm not responsible). 

Spoiler

So first, navigate to GameData > Nereid > FinalFrontier > Source > FinalFrontier.cs and make a copy, change the file name (including extension) to FinalFrontierBackup._cfg (or FinalFrontier.backup, whatever you prefer). Now open the .cs file in whatever code editor you prefer (Sublime Text FTW!) and take a look at lines 144-148. Now, I've got experience coding but 0 experience in C#, so I might be missing something super obvious, however as far as I can tell nothing is relying on it being "F". 

if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.LeftAlt)) keyAltPressed = true;
            if (Input.GetKeyUp(KeyCode.LeftAlt)) keyAltPressed = false;
            if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.LeftControl)) keyCtrlPressed = true;
            if (Input.GetKeyUp(KeyCode.LeftControl)) keyCtrlPressed = false;
            if (configuration.IsHotkeyEnabled() && keyAltPressed && Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.F))
            {
               Log.Info("hotkey ALT-F detected");

In that last "if" statement, simply replace KeyCode.F with KeyCode.X (where "x" is whatever letter you prefer).

Then simply save the document and boot it up! 

Of course, I wrote this yesterday morning, forgot about it, and now am playing 1.1 lol (w/o this mod, which is very sad). 

Regarding 1.1 compatibility - I know very little about KSP modding, but maybe someone who does could take a look at the license and see if we could put this up on GitHub and the community can see about making it 1.1 compatible? 

I'm currently investigating how FF can be transferred to  KSP 1.1.0. There are still a few compilation errors, because SQUAD changed quite a bit. As far as I can see now, most if not all are moved classes from one namespace into another. I need a day or two to solve this.

PS: Ok, I finally got it to compile without errors. This was easier than I was expecting.

PS: Compiled, but not working at the moment. 

Edited by Nereid

32 minutes ago, Nereid said:

I'm currently investigating how FF can be transferred to  KSP 1.1.0. There are still a few compilation errors, because SQUAD changed quite a bit. As far as I can see now, most if not all are moved classes from one namespace into another. I need a day or two to solve this.

PS: Ok, I finally got it to compile without errors. This was easier than I was expecting.

PS: Compiled, but not working at the moment. 

This might help cut down your work load Nereid.  1.1 How to Convert your pre 1.1 Plugin.

Edited by malkuth

3 minutes ago, malkuth said:

This might help cut down your work load Nereid.  1.1 How to Convert your pre 1.1 Plugin.

Ah. Thanks. I will take a look. 

PS:  RenderingManager causes the trouble. I will have to change the code. But not today. Its to late and I may introduce way to much bugs if I do such things now. But this link seems to be VERY helpful.

Edited by Nereid