[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

27 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

I've already done this - what I refer to is the actual ribbon itself. As we were (sorta) discussing over on your rank thread, I'm intending to use USN rank emblems as the devices, but the background is far too flat for my liking. If Iuse one of those 'unassigned' custom ribbons, I get the best of both worlds, so to speak. (Planning to use the 3000 series, as it seems to be clear so far as I can tell.) The CFG is already done and working, though my descriptions are still WIP, and the ribbons themselves, as I mentioned, just need a nicer looking background. So my question remains - since those came from the 'stock' mod, are they usable in add-ons to that mod? I would imagine so, but always better to be sure.

Ah! I have a "blank" that I usually use as the basis for my ribbons. I'll send it to you when I get home.

If I forget, send me a PM over the next day or so to remind me?

Would be helpful, yes. Assuming you use Photoshop, anyhow? :)

Either a Dropbox Link or a direct send to my email would be best, but any way you could do it would be hot. Thanks much, it's good to see the community at large still being all around decent people. :)

5 hours ago, Daveroski said:

So how do I strip a no-good, yellow, lying, biscuit thief of a kerbal of his/her ribbon?

I just edit it out of the SFS file but there is an option in the FF UI in the Space Center to allow you to remove ribbons. Hunt around, it's in there

New set of Rank Packs inspired by SMT's work. BASE is set at 3000 and runs through 3076. Thread for the release can be found here.

Currently includes all US Military Ranks (minus Warrants, which are a future project) and a full set of Battlestar Galactica inspired rank ribbons as well.

Thanks for this add-on, @Nereid. I enjoy doing a bit of graphical work on occasion, and when I get to promote my own job as well, it's even better. (E6, USN).

Edited by Shadriss

It doesn't support RSS directly but it can be made to (if RSS has unique names for celestial bodies). Just take a look in the planet packs and create your own or ask the author of RSS if tehre is a planet pack for FF available.

Edited by Nereid

1 hour ago, Nereid said:

It doesn't support RSS directly but it can be made to (if RSS has unique names for celestial bodies). Just take a look in the planet packs and create your own or ask the author of RSS if tehre is a planet pack for FF available.

Thanks, I took a look at how the packs were assembled and I think I managed to create my own. Very easy!

I think I found a bug. The config screen shows the hot-key as a chord (ctrl-alt-f if I recall) but when I'm in EVA, pressing F alone makes the Final Frontier screen come up.  When I am outside of EVA, pressing F does not bring up that screen.  

6 hours ago, AndreZero said:

I think I found a bug. The config screen shows the hot-key as a chord (ctrl-alt-f if I recall) but when I'm in EVA, pressing F alone makes the Final Frontier screen come up.  When I am outside of EVA, pressing F does not bring up that screen.  

I know this happens so some. But I never had any chance to reproduce this. It should be a chord. Dunno why it wont work for some. It must be some kind of timing problem I still do not understand.

Edited by Nereid

Just now, Nereid said:

I knew this happens so someone. But I never had any chance to reproduce this. It should be a chord. Dunno why it wont work for some. It must be some kind of timing problem I still do not understand.

Is there anything I can do (ship logs, take screenshots, etc.) to help diagnose and fix this?  

For the short term, I think I'll remap it to a button I don't use in EVA.

Well, its a very low priority issue. The hotkey was added for those who had problems with blizzys toolbar a long time ago. There was no stock toolbar and so FF was not acessable for them. ALT-F had fixed this as a workaround. 

The text of my Closer Solar Orbit ribbon reads:

Awarded for orbiting sun half between Plock and sun.

Im not one to nitpick, but Plock is the furthest body out in my game. Moho being the closest. Havent gotten to orbit yet, but is this likely to trigger as soon as I do?

Plock belongs to the Outer Planets Mod? I will have to check this. FF should get the celestial body with the closest periapse to the sun. Maybe its not working properly.

Plock indeed belongs to OPM, although I am using quite a few mods... OPM, and also SigmaBinary is installed. Still havent gotten to orbit yet, so unsure if Im going to get a ribbon unexpectedly. Is there a file somewhere that matches ribbon codes to ribbons? That would be handy if I need to add/remove some ribbons. I guess I can remove them easily enough through the config.

SigmaBinary  was a good hint. Maybe FF checks not for the orbit around the correct star. Dunno yet.

EDIT: I'm quite sure I can fix this today. But the weather is great at the moment, so it will take a few hours. But it should be solved this evening (CEST).

Edited by Nereid

The problem is, that Plock is in an orbit around the Sun, but also orbits the center of mass of Plock-Karen. So it gets a periapse of just 203505 which is the smallest of all. I will create a hotfix which will work as long the innermost object is orbiting the central star directly. This will work for OPM but maybe not for all mods.

Edited by Nereid

Well, I started a new game. Messed with a lot of my mods, reinstalled all of them, changed which ones are installed... and on the new game, the issue is fixed. Cheers!

Is it possible to alter the priority of a ribbon? Say if I wanted the KSA/NASA style ribbon to display before all the flag style ribbons?

Also, I note that its possible to gain the new 'landed with less than 1%/5% liquid fuel remaining' ribbons just by landing a rocket with 0% liquid fuel remaining via parachute. Such as one tends to do quite often in the early days of Career mode.

Edited by blu3wolf

Priorities (called prestige in the code) can't be changed at the moment.

I'm aware of the parachute issue. But I do not like the idea to test for open parachutes. Doing this every check for awards costs way to much performance; so FF needs to scan the vessel once and observe all changes like in NanoGauges. Maybe if do some code refining someday I can reuse the classes.

On 6.5.2016 at 3:33 PM, AndreZero said:

Maybe I have solved this. It is fixed in the next release hopefully .

I have changed the hotkey detection in 1.0.7 a bit. I have tested it in EVA and non EVA and I never got the Hall of Fame open without LEFT-ALT. But I had difficulties to reproduce this issue in 1.0.6 either. So please test it and report back.

EDIT: Misstyped the version number on spacedock by mistake. If you already downloaded 1.0.8-2319 there is no need for downloading 1.0.7-2319 again. Its the same build (2319).

Edited by Nereid

1 hour ago, Nereid said:

EDIT: Misstyped the version number on spacedock by mistake. If you already downloaded 1.0.8-2319 there is no need for downloading 1.0.7-2319 again. Its the same build (2319).

Could you also fix the version number at CKAN, please? Because now it tries to download 1.0.8 and throws a 404.

On 5/9/2016 at 4:08 AM, Nereid said:

I have changed the hotkey detection in 1.0.7 a bit. I have tested it in EVA and non EVA and I never got the Hall of Fame open without LEFT-ALT. But I had difficulties to reproduce this issue in 1.0.6 either. So please test it and report back.

Odd, with the new version i'm getting the Hall of Fame open even if I'm not in EVA.

I've turned off the hotkey since the menu works well enough. Thanks for looking into it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.