[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

Is there any way to disable the bit where it scans savegames for legacy awards? I have a very large savegame, so this process actually takes about 3 minutes. But I know that there's no legacy awards in there so there's no reason to scan in my case.

At least I think this is the case, I've been watching the output_log and it pauses at "FF: scanning save games for legacy data" for 3 minutes, then the next log entry is "FF: 0 games with legacy data found".

Thanks so much!

I just installed this but it doesn't seem to be scanning my save. All my kerbalnauts are showing 0 missions. I'm running 1.0.4 on Windows 10 with the latest FF version.

AFAIK, IF you have never had FF installed, and install the mod for use in a save in progress, All kerbal start as zero missions with no ribbons. Because AFAIK the stock game does not record any of that info.

I think the scanning saves mentioned in the OP, only applies if you upgrading an old save with an early version of FF installed (so the kerbal have already earned missions counts and ribbons.) to a 0.8.X version it will give you the opportunity on start up to convert the save to the new version of FF.

Edited by BlackHat

AFAIK, IF you have never had FF installed, and install the mod for use in a save in progress, All kerbal start as zero missions with no ribbons. Because AFAIK the stock game does not record any of that info.

Ah I see. I noticed there are some flight record type info in the roster section of the save files and thought FF will pick up on that.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, folks!

Is anyone having loss of mission count on 1.0.5?

Yes, and flags are not always being credited correctly. Usually the flags show up on the "credited on this mission" window, but don't show up as permanently credited. Hopefully, it's just a "recompile for 1.0.5

issue, but Nereid hasn't been real active on the forum lately, so he may be busy doing other things.

Yes, and flags are not always being credited correctly. Usually the flags show up on the "credited on this mission" window, but don't show up as permanently credited. Hopefully, it's just a "recompile for 1.0.5

issue, but Nereid hasn't been real active on the forum lately, so he may be busy doing other things.

Oops! By some posts I've read, thought it was working fine!

Sorry, Nereid! Take your time, life can be tough some times...

I found something that may help: the first flights were accounted correctly but suddenly it stopped. Maybe it's an incompatibility with some other mod?

Any idea on how to test this without deleting the mods and reinstalling them one by one, running KSP and doing a mission each time? ? It would take ages!!!

EDIT: I've found some [TR.Loader] Unloaded Nereid/FinalFrontier/ in KSP.log. Does it have something to do?

EDIT2: Nope! Even deinstalling TextureReplacer, FF did not count the flights... But I may have found ANOTHER interesting thing - the ribbons seem to be correctly given, just the flights seem to be unaccounted for...

EDIT3: NOW I think I've got something - FF counts splashed down EVAs as a mission, dunno why. If I EVA when splashed down, it seems to count correctly and gives the function ribbon (that one with a different symbol for pilots, engineers and scientists). But it doesn't do it for ground landed EVA...

Edited by jlcarneiro
Adding details

Well... I was lost in the KSP universe for a while. ;)

To much coding, debugging at work, to many other games and a new car was delaying FF for a while.

I had tested FF against 1.0.4 a while ago and it was working. 1.0.5 seems not to work, so I have updated FF today.

I'm still working on 0.9 on a seperate branch, but not in the last three months. Real life is becoming a bit less stressful now, so maybe I will continue soon.

Did I miss anything important in this thread?

- - - Updated - - -

- FF counts splashed down EVAs as a mission, dunno why. If I EVA when splashed down, it seems to count correctly and gives the function ribbon (that one with a different symbol for pilots, engineers and scientists). But it doesn't do it for ground landed EVA...

This should work in 0.8.8-1410 again.

[...]

This should work in 0.8.8-1410 again.

As I said, before, we must keep in mind modders have many things and mod in their spare time. So, first of all, THANKS!

Second, I'll download it and use it (OF COURSE!), but can you please tell me if I diagnosed correctly: it was indeed counting splashdowns missions and not the ground landing ones? I got curious...

Here's some things that apply to me that would be cool if they could be (and probably can't be) implemented

• Close encounter with ground above x speed
  • Survived a rocket abort
  • Survived x days in orbit*
  • Survived x days on another planet*
  • Put an out of control rocket under control
  • Entering 5, 10, 20 etc celestial bodies' sphere of influence

*maybe for use with a life support?

Not sure how good these would be but just a simple suggestion. Great mod either way

As I said, before, we must keep in mind modders have many things and mod in their spare time. So, first of all, THANKS!

Second, I'll download it and use it (OF COURSE!), but can you please tell me if I diagnosed correctly: it was indeed counting splashdowns missions and not the ground landing ones? I got curious...

Maybe. I have just observed myself, that FF was not counting a missing recover on land. There shouldn't be any difference, but who knows....

Its working for me now. No change in the code, just a recompile against 1.0.5. I have not played much 1.0.5, so maybe other things are broken.

Here's some things that apply to me that would be cool if they could be (and probably can't be) implemented

[...]

*maybe for use with a life support?

Not sure how good these would be but just a simple suggestion. Great mod either way

Well, to answer this:

• Close encounter with ground above x speed: What do you mean by "close encounter"?
  • Survived a rocket abort: I was thinking about this, too. But at this point I haven't found any way to detect an launch abort
  • Survived x days in orbit*: Survive?
  • Survived x days on another planet*: Survive?
  • Put an out of control rocket under control : Question is: what does "out of control" mean? ;)
  • Entering 5, 10, 20 etc celestial bodies' sphere of influence: There is a similar ribbon already, as far as I remember.

To be honest I do not think I will add any new ribbons in the near future. I'm working on streamlining the code (there are quite a few quirks in the code which I do not like) and changing the persistence data. Persisting has evolved from "parsing a text file" (ugly code as most parsers are ugly), to adding some features the textfile was not originally designed for (which adds another level of uglyness), to parsing the same data from xml (very ugly code). In pre 1.0.x some events in KSP were not working as I was expecting. So I was writing some special code for this. Some of this code is obsolete now for sure... and this was my very first project in C#. There are a few things that won't fit well in this language and need a rework.

Anyway... KSP is in a strong competition with Fallout 4 those days. ;) So don't expect to much the next few days.

Edited by Nereid

Well, to answer this:

To be honest I do not think I will add any new ribbons in the near future.

Well, you could add the super cool new ribbons that SmarterThanMe posted a while ago in this same forum on post #1793. That would make lots of people very happy :)

I can also think of some nice ribbons myself. If you would add them, I'd happily design some more, with similar style.

[quote name='Nereid']? Anything broken?[/QUOTE]

Not as far as I'm aware, but I haven't been able to play since... Gods I can't even remember when. Work has decided that killing me slowly over several years is just too subtle and has ramped it up a bit over the past few weeks.

No, just happy that you're back, and that you found that stuff, and that I'll be able to play with it as soon as soon as I shake off the assassins.

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica]I'm still having a lot of trouble getting missions to register. I get all the ribbons but my kerbal have 0 registered missions. While it doesn't effect the game, it does effect my immersion [/FONT][/COLOR]:([url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jyhpohgdt...layer.log?dl=0[/url]

For my needs, In my "Comic Adventures", I made some extra Ribbons, loosely ispired by Star Trek's StarFleet officers (on my end, I thought that they fit for the best the "three specialization types" we have in KSP).

For Engineers:
TKdnmqj.png - Engineer Ensign
WXZiQW8.png - Engineer Lieutenant Junior Grade
bPjfR1u.png - Engineer Lieutenant
YOMTomV.png - Engineer Lieutenant Commander
5zgg7IO.png - Engineer Commander

For Scientists:
Vvw0A5q.png - Scientist Ensign
4g6itak.png - Scientist Lieutenant Junior Grade
oo24b10.png - Scientist Lieutenant
V70ZRoB.png - Scientist Lieutenant Commander
O4WC8ef.png - Scientist Commander

For Operation (Pilots):
KoaPogW.png - Operation Ensign
cqaP7pE.png - Operation Lieutenant Junior Grade
J6avpt3.png - Operation Lieutenant
epxKaFH.png - Operation Lieutenant Commander
sOvCl10.png - Operation Commander

Extras for Higher Commanding Officers, in charge for a whole ship and/or fleets (as StarFleet, they are "Red Ranks"):
ZnPBq4u.png - Captain
wfabjpP.png - Rear Admiral Lower Half
RF8TjPA.png - Rear Admiral Upper Half
YJ54Fj1.png - Vice Admiral
8xSbkFO.png - Admiral
c5oVFgA.png - Fleet Admiral

Differencies from Star Trek:
if I'm remembering well enough, there should not be any "Commander" from Engineers and Scientists (Commanders are "red" as Captains).
I added them for a sort of "equal promotional possibilities", as I made only the "Captain" the first of the "Extra special red rank" for commanding officers.

Also, I never saw a "5th rank" admiral (the "Fleet Admiral"), as the rank was considered (in actual Navy Forces) as a special rank (mostly under war), but I added it anyway :P

--- I actually "cut" in my game this last "Fleet Admiral", as I renamed all my creation as the "Custom" Ribbons, and in actual Final Frontier Release there are just 20 position, against my 21 designed, and it seems that names are "hard coded" in the mod---

This should be a zip with all the ranks (I'm not very good with Dropbox, so for that I also directly linked every single rank images here, so, if you like to add them in future release, Nereid, you can directly save them):

Ranks download

Feel free to Add-Use-Modify them at your liking, if you wanna add them in future Final Frontier releases :wink:

Also, If you like the idea, I could made the "extra commanding officers" (from Captains and above) as well colored in the other 2 branches or in any other color you eventually like (I limited myself actually by the number of "Custom" ribbons)

Edited by Araym

Is there a way to make [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/101604"]Contract Configurator[/URL] contract packs work with FF to allow contract packs to award custom ribbons? I'd love to add Araym's ribbons (if he'd let me) or something similar, as reward for progression for completing KSC Coast Guard contracts.

Check out my draft concept of how Contract Pack modders should have easy config file access to interacting with FF in their Contract Packs:

[url]https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/issues/351[/url] Edited by inigma