[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

17 minutes ago, Nereid said:

Ok. Now: Can anybody tell me, how to "respawn" a kerbal to test this? Do I just have to wait for a dead kerbal to come back?

Exactly that. When Valentina decided to become a lawn dart, she ended up on the missing tab, then a few hours later she was available for service. (sans gathered levels).

Just make sure your save game allows respawning of dead kerbals. (I know sounds obvious, but this would typically be something I'd forget to check myself...)

10 minutes ago, Snarfster said:

Exactly that. When Valentina decided to become a lawn dart, she ended up on the missing tab, then a few hours later she was available for service. (sans gathered levels).

Ok. Killed Bill (Volume 1 :D). Now we will see, if this will work...

Edited by Nereid

On Freitag, 11. Dezember 2015 at 11:35 AM, blu3wolf said:

So I just got Jeb out to a solar orbit for the first time on this career save. Just barely faster than kerbin, half a meter a second slower at perikee and we would have stayed in kerbin orbit.

Jeb has earned some ribbons for getting to a solar orbit! This is wonderful, and really about a third of the reason I did the mission. However, he has earned a few that I think he has not actually 'earned' yet. Specifically, he has been given the First Closer Solar Orbit Ribbon, and the First Sun Atmosphere Ribbon also.

Seeing as his current orbit is almost the same as Kerbin's, I have deemed him unworthy of these ribbons, and stripped them from him. Is there any way to prevent him getting them in the future (unless of course, he does actually get that close)?

Just try this or a similar mission in 0.9.3 and enable "log ribbon awards" in the configuration. This should add the most relevant information af any achievement in the KSP.log. maybe I can analyze this to resolve the issue.

Thanks so much Nereid for continuing this terrific project. It adds such life to the game!

A curious question on your latest patch notes: do CC spawned Kerbals *not* stay persistent in the game? This is obviously a question for CC... ;D

14 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Thanks so much Nereid for continuing this terrific project. It adds such life to the game!

A curious question on your latest patch notes: do CC spawned Kerbals *not* stay persistent in the game? This is obviously a question for CC... ;D

No they don't. Until CC+ spawned and the removed kerbals from the crew roster, kerbals never got deleted (as far as I know). FF just had initiated a refresh of its internal roster but never deleted any kerbal. For a strange reason in my personal tests, they were completely deleted in the hall of fame (maybe because I have checked for them after a scene change in which FF rebuilds its roster from scratch). But a refresh did not really delete a kerbal from the hall of fame, it just adds new kerbals a keeps track of the references..

0.9.3 now really deletes those kerbals (with all their ribbons!). If they come back, the will not have any decorations at all.

Edited by Nereid

2 hours ago, Nereid said:

No the don't. Until CC+ spawned and the removed kerbals from the crew roster, kerbals never got deleted (as far as I know). FF just had initiated a refresh of its internal roster but never deleted any kerbal. For a strange reason in my personal tests, they were completely deleted in the hall of fame (maybe because I have checked for them after a scene change in which FF rebuilds its roster from scratch). But a refresh did not really delete a kerbal from the hall of fame, it just adds new kerbals a keeps track of the references..

0.9.3 now really deletes those kerbals (with all their ribbons!). If they come back, the will not have any decorations at all.

Thanks-- that makes total sense. I wasn't thinking of them in the sense of spawned tourists, etc. It'd be fun to have new "heroes" appear that could be rescued then employed in the space program.

Nereid: what is prestige for? I imagine it's for determining which ribbons get displayed "above the fold" while others get hidden if there's too many, and only displayed when the full set of ribbons for that Kerbal displays?

So, is a higher or lower number going to be better? I've got a pack of rank "ribbons" ready to go, but I'd prefer for them to be displayed first...

5 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

Nereid: what is prestige for? I imagine it's for determining which ribbons get displayed "above the fold" while others get hidden if there's too many, and only displayed when the full set of ribbons for that Kerbal displays?

So, is a higher or lower number going to be better? I've got a pack of rank "ribbons" ready to go, but I'd prefer for them to be displayed first...

Prestige is currently used only for ordering the ribbons in the ribbon browser and in the hall of fame. Higher numbers gets on top (top left).

If you want to create a ribbon pack, please use a different base than 1000. Maybe some day FF will handle conflicts, but at the moment conflicts will just remove the conflicting ribbon (and it is undefined which ribbon will be removed).

I will add a list of all ribbon packs in the first post of this topic including all used bases.

Yeah, I read the readme. ;) I've also seen one other person (Aryam?) who had the same idea, so I'll make sure theirs and mine don't conflict.

Mine will be ready tonight as soon as I can get 3yo and 1yo to bed.

Edited by SmarterThanMe
I'm sure it's not that...

The problem with this is: If I do this and anybody installs an updated version without those ribbons, they will loose all of those.

But I thought about it myself.

Edited by Nereid

Not that much of an inconvenience, but yeah, you're right.

Maybe keep it in your back pocket for the 1.1 update. I'm pretty sure no one will mind savebreaking changes when probably savebreaking hosts are made to the whole game. Let me know.

Edited by SmarterThanMe
I suck at Swype

Question - does FF have (or are there plans to add? "No, buzz off" is a totally acceptable answer :) ) the ability to define some criteria (via a config file, not a compiled module) for custom ribbons? Such as awarding X custom ribbon when a Kerbal hits rank 3, or goes on it's 5th EVA, etc?

28 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

Question - does FF have (or are there plans to add? "No, buzz off" is a totally acceptable answer :) ) the ability to define some criteria (via a config file, not a compiled module) for custom ribbons? Such as awarding X custom ribbon when a Kerbal hits rank 3, or goes on it's 5th EVA, etc?

No and it will never have. At least not directly.

The problem is, that a test for a criteria is a little more complex.

I will take the MachNumberAchievement class as an example:

protected override bool CheckVesselState(VesselState previous, VesselState current)
         {
            if (previous == null) return false;
            if (current == null) return false;
            if (current.Origin == null) return false;
            if (current.Origin.mainBody == null) return false;
            if (current.IsLanded) return false;
            if (current.IsEVA) return false;
            if (current.Situation == Vessel.Situations.PRELAUNCH) return false;
            if (current.Situation == Vessel.Situations.LANDED) return false;
            if (current.Situation == Vessel.Situations.SPLASHED) return false;
            if (current.Origin.altitude >= MAX_ALTITUDE) return false;
            double mach = current.Origin.MachNumberHorizontal();
            if (mach < value) return false;
            if (!current.Origin.mainBody.name.Equals("Kerbin") ) return false;
            return true;
         }

As you can see, there is a lot to check and there myriads of possible combinations.

FF could use reflection to perform any kind of check, but reflection does not shine at performance and a gerneric approach is not that easy to implement.

But there is an indirect way. The new FinalFrontierAdapater, which anbody could use in their own plugin, could create custom ribbons, too. And if anyone wants to write a plugin that add custom ribbon automatically based on criterias defined in config files... well... just try. It's not impossible but a very challenging task.

And the easy way: If you add a ribbon pack and you know how to check the criteria: Just create the ribbon pack and add a dll that take use of the FinalFrontierAdapter.

Edited by Nereid

Awesome, thanks for the detailed reply. :)
I'll have to look into the FFA for a custom plugin. It's been a decade since I've done any coding (beyond bash scripting), but it might be worth it in this case. I've created a set of ribbons for the two career-mode total conversion mod packs in my forum sig (one US/NASA based, the other Soviet/Ruskie based) and would love to be able to have them handed out to crew members through some in-game automated mechanism rather than the player have to do it manually.

Also, incase I haven't mentioned it in months past on this thread - absolutely love this mod. Having individual achievements tracked and assigned to specific crew members adds an entirely new level of depth to the game.

Edited by tjsnh

Some weeks past, Bill Kerman was caught messing with the official records of Bluewolf Space Industries, and it was found that he had incremented his total mission time by an outrageous amount. A board of inquiry determined that the best course of action would be to strip him of 250 days of mission time, as it was impossible to determine exactly what his mission time should have been. Unfortunately, the boards findings have been referred to subcommittee after subcommittee, and it has been pointed out that we are not actually sure how to strip Bill of his ill gotten gains. Now, as Im sure you have worked out, this is where you come in.

Help BSI employees correct their records!

Objectives:

• Identify the location in the persistence file that saves total mission duration for Bill Kerman - Completion: reputation.PNG
  • Identify the changes required to strip Bill Kerman of two hundred and fifty (250) days total mission duration - Completion: reputation.PNG

Rewards:

Failure: reputationloss.PNG

Deadline: 9y, 421d, 56m

Search for pairs of

ENTRY
        {
            time = 8.41999999999991
            name = Bill Kerman
            code = L+
            data = 
        }

and

ENTRY
        {
            time = 12.8399999999998
            name = Bill Kerman
            code = M+
            data = 
        }

The difference in time is added to the mission time.

Why do you think the mission time is incorrect?

Edited by Nereid

Because shortly after his first mission, I discovered Bill had somehow accumulated more mission time than both of my pilots put together - and my pilots up until that point had been the only members of the program to actually leave the surface of Kerbin. Bill had done several missions of EVA practice on the launchpad, none of which exceeded 15 minutes. Then somehow he had 350 days mission time?

In any event the boards findings are final and will not be entered into. I will have to discover which set of entries is the cause of this anomaly!

EDIT: is that time in seconds? days? From the numbers I have seen, I am guessing seconds?

Edited by blu3wolf

Bill has now been culled down to a far more reasonable 98 days mission time, based on the specific records discovered (And almost all of those days are from after his sudden promotion to most experienced kerbonaut). Thanks Nereid!

Now that that matter is dealt with, its time to send crew number 2 on a solar voyage!

Edited by blu3wolf

On Dienstag, 5. Januar 2016 at 4:56 PM, Nereid said:

Ok. Killed Bill (Volume 1 :D). Now we will see, if this will work...

Because of the internal handling of KSP when a status changes from missing to available, its not possible for FF to permanently award this Lost And Found ribbon. It gets awarded for a fraction of a second and after this KSP triggers a load without the ribbon. So the Lost And Found ribbon isn't working and maybe never will.

Edited by Nereid