[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

31 minutes ago, Nereid said:

Because of the internal handling of KSP when a status changes from missing to available, its not possible for FF to permanently award this Lost And Found ribbon. It gets awarded for a fraction of a second and after this KSP triggers a load without the ribbon. So the Lost And Found ribbon isn't working and maybe never will.

Darn shame. However, there's loads of other nice ribbons :) Thank you for checking though.

In the current build something is wrong with the mission count. Sometimes a launch is not detected or saved. I'm investigating this currently.

EDIT: I cannot reproduce this. I have experienced it myself now. At some point a kerbal regains all of it ribbons from the last mission AGAIN and the mission count is not incremented. For some strange reason the launch event is missing in the persistent file.

Game type: career. Its a fresh one and in my last mission the vessel wasn't really launched (it was just a engine test on ground).

EDIT2: Ok, this happens, when the mission timer on a mission was not started. This is working as designed but it should not show any new ribbon at all in the summary window.

Confirmed. There is a small bug in the code that collects the gained ribbons for the mission. Its working if the mission lasts for at least one second. But FF ignores missions with a mission time of 0 seconds (for a reason). Unfortunately the code just displays all gained ribbons from the previous mission in this case. This looks like the mission should be counted but wasn't. 

EDIT3: Fixes in 0.9.6-1826

But this is a rare and just cosmetic bug. No real need to update.

Edited by Nereid

Well I will soon finish of my game on 1.0.2 and switch to a new game using 1.0.5.

While reviewing my FF ribbons and stats, I wondered if it was possible to export the info from the game or build a record from a game file.

ie. The info from the Kerbal Decorations board for each Kerbal.

• Jeb Kerman
  • Completed X Missions
  • Completed X Dockings
  • Mission Hours X
  • Eva hours X
  • Listing of Ribbons received:
  •  
  • Bill Kerman
  • etc.
  •  

Edited by BlackHat

well, you can get the info quite easily from the .sfs file. Interpreting it in a report is another matter. I dont think there is a tool designed for the purpose, but it shouldnt really be difficult to do so. The data is saved pretty clearly in the .sfs file, so your options are either to write a tool which can pull the data automatically, to copy the data from KSP while FF is open, or to manually note down the info in the .sfs file and interpret it yourself...

Id go for option 2 myself, but option 1 would help a lot of other folks, I imagine.

On 10/1/2016 at 9:33 PM, Nereid said:

In the current build something is wrong with the mission count. Sometimes a launch is not detected or saved. I'm investigating this currently.

EDIT: I cannot reproduce this. I have experienced it myself now. At some point a kerbal regains all of it ribbons from the last mission AGAIN and the mission count is not incremented. For some strange reason the launch event is missing in the persistent file.

Game type: career. Its a fresh one and in my last mission the vessel wasn't really launched (it was just a engine test on ground).

EDIT2: Ok, this happens, when the mission timer on a mission was not started. This is working as designed but it should not show any new ribbon at all in the summary window.

Confirmed. There is a small bug in the code that collects the gained ribbons for the mission. Its working if the mission lasts for at least one second. But FF ignores missions with a mission time of 0 seconds (for a reason). Unfortunately the code just displays all gained ribbons from the previous mission in this case. This looks like the mission should be counted but wasn't. 

EDIT3: Fixes in 0.9.6-1826

But this is a rare and just cosmetic bug. No real need to update.

well, its not a rare bug for me. I have to say though, I didnt realise it was a bug! I just noted that, if the kerbals didnt get any ribbons on the last mission (such as when they never launched before being recovered) they would display the ribbons from the last mission they went on.

1 hour ago, blu3wolf said:

well, its not a rare bug for me. I have to say though, I didnt realise it was a bug! I just noted that, if the kerbals didnt get any ribbons on the last mission (such as when they never launched before being recovered) they would display the ribbons from the last mission they went on.

Yes, but this should only happen, if the current mission was recovered with a mission time of 0 seconds. Those missions are not counted as missions but do display the ribbons of the previous mission in the summary.

I have added a few new ribbons to 0.9.8

• First North Polar Lander ribbon
  • North Polar Lander ribbon
  • First South Polar Lander ribbon
  • South Polar Lander ribbon
  • 5% Fuel Landing ribbon (only liquid fuel ist taken into account!)
  • 1% Fuel Landing ribbon (only liquid fuel ist taken into account!)
  • 1500m Mountain Lander ribbon 
  • 2000m Mountain Lander ribbon
  • 2500m Mountain Lander ribbon
  • 3000m Mountain Lander ribbon
  • 3500m Mountain Lander ribbon
  • 4000m Mountain Lander ribbon

16 hours ago, blu3wolf said:

well, you can get the info quite easily from the .sfs file. Interpreting it in a report is another matter. I dont think there is a tool designed for the purpose, but it shouldnt really be difficult to do so. The data is saved pretty clearly in the .sfs file, so your options are either to write a tool which can pull the data automatically, to copy the data from KSP while FF is open, or to manually note down the info in the .sfs file and interpret it yourself...

Id go for option 2 myself, but option 1 would help a lot of other folks, I imagine.

Well Its been way too long since I did any coding so I doubt I could write a program to do it. :(

I took a look at the .sfs file and didn't spot anything that IDed to me the FF section.

But I did see 2 areas that might be for FF. 

• Roster (It shows # of flights and locations, but it does not show times or ribbons)
  • HallOfFameScenarioModule (But I have no idea what the codes mean)

14 hours ago, Nereid said:

I have added a few new ribbons to 0.9.8

• 5% Fuel Landing ribbon (only liquid fuel is taken into account!)
  • 1% Fuel Landing ribbon (only liquid fuel is taken into account!)

Hmm, is this for aircraft and STOs?

If its for Rockets too, I can see ways right off that it could be finessed to give an achievement very easily.

Edited by BlackHat

3 hours ago, BlackHat said:

Hmm, is this for aircraft and STOs?

If its for Rockets too, I can see ways right off that it could be finessed to give an achievement very easily.

If you land a rocket with 5% fuel left, a ribbon would be totally adequate. Most of the time, you don't have any fuel capacity if you land with parachutes and in this case you won't earn a ribbon (no capacity, no ribbon; and 0% off 0 tons  are the same as 100% of 0 tons).

FF cant dinstinguish between vessel types well, because the player can assign any type to any vessel. And even a rocket can use wings or landing gears or can assembled in any editor, so no, you can't identify the type of a vessel in any way. ;)

Most times you should get those ribbons for landing a lander or airplane with nearly empty tanks. But if you design you vessels in such a way, that they return the empty fuel tanks with the lander/capsule... well, just give the kerbal the ribbon. He really earned this one (for returning junk to the base). ;)

EDIT: Oh, and if you don't like the ribbons. Just delete the png files. The ribbons get disabled then (someday I will add a GUI for this).

Edited by Nereid

Well, I'm terribly sorry if this was discussed already, but I didn't see it (and I'm too busy to go through 77 pages of posts looking for this right now) but, is there a way to give manually some ribbons to a kerbal? I've installed this mod on sa already running career save and don't want to a routine mission hog all the "first kerbal in space" etc, but to award them correctly. I do keep an off-game record of my missions, so I know who should get what.

Thanks in advance

Hello, I am new to this addon and I believe that I installed it correctly (merged the gamedata folders and did not alter the path) yet in game, the FF UI is present with all my kerbals, but I have yet to receive a single ribbon and there doesn't seem to be any ribbons in the UI when I try and manually award one. I searched through many pages of this thread, but did not see anyone that had a similar issue. Can you please help? I would love greatly for this to work as you intended it to. Thank you!

Edit:  I figured out the issue. At some point, instead of 2 gamedata folders merging, it just moved the gamedata folder into the parent gamedata folder KSP/Gamedata/Gamedata/Nereid/FF. I copied everything that was in the second gamedata folder and put it into the parent folder. Everything is working as intended now, YAY ME!

Edited by Sunociva

Feature request:

I see that 'revocation' is an option. When the ribbon is awarded it is put in the Logbook. Can we have the revocation put in the Logbook as well? Otherwise when looking at the Logbook the ribbon collection appears 'incomplete'.

Edit: Ahh, I just noticed that reloading the game will update the logs shown. The original award entry is cancelled by the revocation. That makes sense as well.

Edited by Rodhern
updated information

• 2 weeks later...

@Nereid what program do you use to make the ribbons? I am hoping to make some for trans-keptunian, an I want them to be as close as possible.

--EDIT--

Also, why is Kerbin the only body with a space station ribbon?

Edited by Andem

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2016 at 5:13 PM, Ackoli said:

how do I get the ribbons when I post? I've seen it lots of times.

If you mean like the ones in my signature, below, then look at The KSP Ribbon Generator.  If you mean the FF ribbons, I don't know.  They aren't the same thing.

I would like to add FF to my current save(s).  There is a reference a few pages back of a 'converter'.  Does this add ribbons to the current save(s) and awards them retroactively?  Or, am I basically starting ribbon issue from the point at which I added FF to my mod list?

Edited by Brigadier

5 hours ago, Brigadier said:

I've been looking but can't find anywhere yet.  No, I haven't tried the latest version.  I'm hoping that it gets rehosted on spacedock.net.

I talked to the dev on github and he said he'd try to rehost it today

Hi!

Its relocated on curse now. And thanks for keeping me informed that Kerbalstuff is down.

I had a nasty kind of the flu a few weeks ago (I was completely out of business for about a few days) and  after back to work for coding in C++ my motivation to work on code in my spare time was not that great. In the trunc of NanoGauges is a major bug I have to analyze but if anybody is out of business for some time its not that easy to come back; so even the next release of NanoGauges is delayed until I find some time and ease to fix it.