[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

6 hours ago, Nereid said:

Ah. Thanks. I will take a look. 

PS:  RenderingManager causes the trouble. I will have to change the code. But not today. Its to late and I may introduce way to much bugs if I do such things now. But this link seems to be VERY helpful.

Glad you're back.  Your mod makes the difference between Kerbal being playable or not for me.  The added persistence and 'character development' it sort of brings to the game makes every mission, failure, catastrophe, and Kerbalnaut meaningful

Edited by Sabor

17 hours ago, Nereid said:

I'm currently investigating how FF can be transferred to  KSP 1.1.0. There are still a few compilation errors, because SQUAD changed quite a bit. As far as I can see now, most if not all are moved classes from one namespace into another. I need a day or two to solve this.

PS: Ok, I finally got it to compile without errors. This was easier than I was expecting.

PS: Compiled, but not working at the moment. 

Hey Nereid, welcome back!

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help at any point.

1 hour ago, windtricks said:

glad this mod didnt get forgoten, i refuse to start my career without this mod installed

I am in the same boat. Gotta hand it to the modding community, you guys are awesome!

1.1 just came out a few days ago and almost all essential mods are already good to go.

Ok. It's working. There are some quirks (the landing ribbon is awarded without a launch) and I do not know which ribbons work or won't work yet. But at least missions counts are working, ribbons get awarded and persistence seems to be fine.

I will do some smoke tests and fix the obvious bugs in the next few days. Then I will remove the save game converter (its of very little value now) before I release FF in version 1.0.

I anybody volunteers as a betatester...

Edited by Nereid

5 minutes ago, CalculusWarrior said:

I'd be happy to beta test for you, Nereid; I do love the mod and it's awesome that you've managed to update it for 1.1!

Then I will send you a link for downloading a release candidate the next few days. I will not do much today anymore and my time on friday is very limited. But maybe you get the current version tomorrow evening (CET).

Currently the landing ribbon and the altitude award ribbon are clearly broken. The second one should be easy to fix (I think we just get an altitude record of 0 meters at the moment).

1 hour ago, Nereid said:

Then I will send you a link for downloading a release candidate the next few days. I will not do much today anymore and my time on friday is very limited. But maybe you get the current version tomorrow evening (CET).

Currently the landing ribbon and the altitude award ribbon are clearly broken. The second one should be easy to fix (I think we just get an altitude record of 0 meters at the moment).

Nereid I can do both OS X and win. 10 testing if you want

3 hours ago, Nereid said:

I can also throw some feedback your way if you need it. I run the 64bit version on Windows 10

Just a quick FYI, the in-game description for the Deep Space ribbon has a minor typo -- there is no U in "Beyond." {ver. 0.9.8-1882 for KSP 1.0.5.x}

This is a fantastic mod, one of my favorites. I just thought you should know about this flaw so that it can be fixed before you release the next update.

7 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

@Nereid Before people start their careers, any chance of separating out my Science ribbons (that is STM30 to STM45) so that I can take care of them?

What exactly is your plan with them? I can remove them from the custom ribbon list. That's no problem and will take only a few minutes.

Just now, Nereid said:

What exactly is your plan with them? I can remove them from the custom ribbon list. That's no problem and will take only a few minutes.

Create a pack for them over at my thread. I was going to remove Engineering Sciences (because it's redundant with my other packs) and I've been mulling over a couple of design changes for them and for the rest of the role packs that I've created for Ops and Engineering.

Any other suggestions are welcome. :)

Ok. If anybody wants to test it (own your own risk): FinalFrontier1.0.1-2082.zip

If you test it, please increase the log level to DETAIL if you want to report bugs. And there are some debugging outputs in the log.

I have fixed the altitude record ribbons; but the first kerbals will get some of them just for 1 meter above ground. I will replace them with some ribbons for 1000m, 2000m, etc. 

NanoGauges is working, too. But with lots of exceptions. I will have to investigate this. Most of them are NaNs.

Edited by Nereid

Just now, Nereid said:

Ok. If anybody wants to test it (own their own risk): FinalFrontier1.0.1-2082.zip

If you test it, please increase the log level to DETAIL if you want to report bugs. And there are some debugging outputs in the log.

I have fixed the altitude record ribbons; but the first kerbals will get some of them just for 1 meter above ground. I will replace them with some ribbons for 1000m, 2000m, etc. 

NanoGauges is working, too. But with lots of exceptions. I will have to investigate this. Most of them are NaNs.

I'll get started right away! 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.