[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

No issues here. Everything seems to be awarded like it's supposed to. No landings or flight ribbons awarded for just sitting and recovering the vessel or anything like that either

Edited by Sabor

Thanks for continuing to work on this mod. It is definitely among my "Must Haves". I noticed two small issues, both with landing ribbons.

1. I had a Kerbol landing ribbon while still sitting on the launch pad for my first launch. This issue was there in the previous version as well.

2. After landing in mountainous terrain on the Mun I received a ribbon for landing on the mountains of Kerbol. I am unsure if this is new or was in the old version as well.

Other than that it seems to be running as it always did, thank you. 

Edited by Bleddyn

Thank you for your hard work!

4 hours ago, Bleddyn said:

Thanks for continuing to work on this mod. It is definitely among my "Must Haves". I noticed two small issues, both with landing ribbons.

1. I had a Kerbol landing ribbon while still sitting on the launch pad for my first launch. This issue was there in the previous version as well.

2. After landing in mountainous terrain on the Mun I received a ribbon for landing on the mountains of Kerbol. I am unsure if this is new or was in the old version as well.

Other than that it seems to be running as it always did, thank you. 

Confirm both.

The first one seems to happen when I dont use a stabilizer on launch so the rocket normally gets to settle b4 take off .. so I think it triggers it landing

Second still happens but it did happen this way pre 1.1

Other then that all seems well! Thank you again!

9 hours ago, Bleddyn said:

If you "launch" just by accident ("wobble to launch" ;)) then there is not much I can do about. The situation will change from PRELAUCH over FLYING to LANDED and this is a landing. But I will take a closer look.

The second one is more suspicios. And yes there is a bug. The ribbon was not checking for kerbin. I will fix this.

If those are all reported bugs, I will upload an updated version tomorrow on Curse.

I'm currently updating NanoGauges. The good news: about 60% of the gauges are tested and working and the layout is working. The bad news: trim indicators are broken (and not that easy to fix) and the exact readout option gives me a few headaches. Maybe I will release NanoGauges without the non working features for KSP 1.1.0.

Edited by Nereid

4 hours ago, Nereid said:

If you "launch" just by accident ("wobble to launch" ;)) then there is not much I can do about. The situation will change from PRELAUCH over FLYING to LANDED and this is a landing. But I will take a closer look.

The second one is more suspicios. And yes there is a bug. The ribbon was not checking for kerbin. I will fix this.

If those are all reported bugs, I will upload an updated version tomorrow on Curse.

I'm currently updating NanoGauges. The good news: about 60% of the gauges are tested and working and the layout is working. The bad news: trim indicators are broken (and not that easy to fix) and the exact readout option gives me a few headaches. Maybe I will release NanoGauges without the non working features for KSP 1.1.0.

Sorry to report that it doesn't work for OS X. Picture attached, program loads and the interface is there, but ribbons are not awarded.  Additionally I experience a bug where my new portraits disappeared, i had to change focus to transfer a verbal to another module and then come back to restart the program.  it started with the install and stopped with deinstall.  Game never crashed so there is no crash log.  The FF icon shows in pink, a problem that has also been found with Raster Prop Monitor on OS X.  elapsed type is not being recorded.  

tW8alwW.png    There were 6 kerbals on the mission all portraits showed up until jebediah went on  EVA, then they all disappeared

ZHsMwNo.png Notice FF Button in pink

8dikHxY.png look at the mission log no awards, even do there were in dangerous eva twice, no splashdown ribbon awarded. etc

11 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Sorry to report that it doesn't work for OS X. Picture attached, program loads and the interface is there, but ribbons are not awarded.    There were 6 kerbals on the mission all portraits showed up until jebediah went on  EVA, then they all disappeared

Notice FF Button in pink

look at the mission log no awards, even do there were in dangerous eva twice, no splashdown ribbon awarded. etc

This looks like you have changed the installation path. Does FF reside in

KSP_HOME/GameData/Nereid/FinalFrontier

?

Do not install the plugin into 

KSP_HOME/GameData/FinalFrontier

It will not work.

Edited by Nereid

23 hours ago, Bleddyn said:

I have tried to avoid this, but it's not that easy. I'm assuming you got the ribbon because your vessel is not stable at the launch pad and so KSP detects a launch without starting any engine. If this is the case the vessel situation changes from PRELAUNCH to FLYING and then to LANDED in fractions of a second - multiple times. This causes FF to detect a landing (and formally it is a landing).

There is a way to cover this case: check if the vessel was stíll "grounded" in the situation just before LANDED. Then it was not a "real landing". Problem with this is: I have to scan all parts of a vessel, to detect if its grounded; each time the situation changes. Well, situation changes happens not that often and this may not impact performance that hard. But I really do not know what happens to larger vessels and I'm not quite sure about side effects. And there is another problem: If someone lands a vessel in a dirty way and touches the ground in flight and just lands afterward, the landing gets missed. Not good... So another restriction ("vessel needs not to be grounded the first 10 seconds after launch") has to be added. Ok, doing a dirty landing 10 seconds after launch is not much of an issue, but if you wobble 11 seconds on the launch pad you again will  get a landing ribbon. Checking for a running engine or the location of the landing leads to similar problems.

I think we will have to live with this issue. lets take it this way: Kerbals are proud of any achievement. Even some more or less trivial like a "not really landed vessel after a launch without leaving the ground" is a sucessfully landed vessel. Every success counts - they do not have that many. :wink:

PS: If you do not like this kind of landing ribbons, just delete the ribbon graphics for the landing on kerbin ribbon. The ribbon gets disabled this way.

Edited by Nereid

4 minutes ago, Nereid said:

I think we will have to live with this issue. lets take it this way: Kerbals are proud of any achievement. Even some more or less trivial like a "not really landed vessel after a launch without leaving the ground" is a sucessfully landed vessel. Every sucess counts - they do not have that many. :wink:

+1 to this. :D

You could probably make it so Ribbons don't get awarded for missions under 30 seconds in duration or something, but the landing ribbon is no big deal I don't think.  If they fly a mission, the only way they get awarded for it is if they make it back and the mission is ended, so they HAVE to land, right? :lol:

So far I haven't found any issues.  I get awarded correctly everything I've done in the short time I've played.  Speed ribbons, altitude record, landing, first steps, mission completed as Eng/Pilot/Sci, multiple missions, all awarded correctly.  Custom ribbons, editing their titles and descriptions work fine.  The log that shows the time an award was given works.

So far so good, this is on Win10, 64bit, mind

Edited by Sabor

4 hours ago, Nereid said:

?

It will not work.

You were right on the install, reinstalled and solved most of the issues. only remaining issue is disappearing crew portraits after EVA.  the workaround is to go back to the space center and return to the vessel or to transfer to to another part of the vessel and back, using the stock transfer method.  This behavior did to exhibit until installation of FF

xmkhZFC.png

View of crew portraits before kerbin EVA 

dXbr0qT.png

View of crew portraits After keratin EVA, notice disappearing bill and rest of crew portraits

rJT2XrZ.png

Two jebediahs- eva in keratin orbit switched active vessel from kebab to ship and back and reboarded

any thoughts- behavior return to normal after ff uninstall

Otherwise works as advertised in OS X

Edited by Rafael acevedo

9 minutes ago, Rafael acevedo said:

You were right on the install, reinstalled and solved most of the issues. only remaining issue is disappearing crew portraits after EVA.  the workaround is to go back to the space center and return to the vessel or to transfer to to another part of the vessel and back, using the stock transfer method.  This behavior did to exhibit until installation of FF

Strange. Any other experiencing this? FF doesn't alter the crew portraits in any way...

18 minutes ago, Nereid said:

Strange. Any other experiencing this? FF doesn't alter the crew portraits in any way...

I think I recall reading about a bug like this in regards to some other mod...

In other news, excellent... Now just have to wait for CKAN to pick it up, and then I can start my 1.1 career!

Oh, separately, did you cut the science role ribbons out? I'll get them up in a minute.

23 minutes ago, SmarterThanMe said:

I think I recall reading about a bug like this in regards to some other mod...

In other news, excellent... Now just have to wait for CKAN to pick it up, and then I can start my 1.1 career!

Oh, separately, did you cut the science role ribbons out? I'll get them up in a minute.

can you point me to it and ill retest

10 hours ago, Nereid said:

I'm assuming you got the ribbon because your vessel is not stable at the launch pad and so KSP detects a launch without starting any engine.

That must be what is happening then. It is not a big deal, if they survive the mission then they should have it by the end anyways :) 

I just want to say:  Thank you for this mod.  It's one of my must-have for a career game (and I am just starting my 1.1 career game and i restarted when i saw this updated).  Gods it fleshes out my Kerbals so much better then an exp bar.  I love the custom ribbons and being able to create nations of origin and background info for each astronaut.  This is the best thing ever for an RPer like myself.  Thank you again! :D 

Time for my test pilots to compete for who gets to be first!  Yay!!

58 minutes ago, Satior420 said:

The link to the Curse download still says that it is max ksp version 1.0.5 . .. am I not going to the right link? Also has it been uploaded CKAN yet?

So why not use spacedock? 

17 hours ago, Nereid said:

?

It will not work.

Haha you know I have gotten this mod with every update and I also do this every.  single.  time.  It's not your fault at all, the path is clear and everything.  It's just after mindlessly manually installing a bunch of mods I always go:  huh?  that's weird.  two folders.  and "fix it".  then realize what I did and fix that. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.