[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

5 hours ago, Freshmeat said:

@razark: Wow. That is major impressive, is there any way to share the bookkeeping tools? I think I need to do something similar.

When I get home, I'll see what I can do about removing some of the cruft and packaging it up.  It's php and mysql running on an old laptop, with absolutely no security or user friendliness built in.

38 minutes ago, razark said:

[...] It's php and mysql running on an old laptop, with absolutely no security or user friendliness built in.

When I saw your previous post I was hoping for just that :D I'd like to have a look at it too.

I will warn anyone that wants it that I am not a web programmer.  This really was my first experience with any extensive web/php/database work, which was part of the reason for doing it in the first place.

@Freshmeat and @Li0n:
Here it is.  There is a very brief readme included.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/21vo293693q0sre/kspweb.zip?dl=0

Edited by razark

On 27.4.2016 at 5:16 AM, Werwolf said:

So, Nereid, I have an interesting story to tell. Or pathetic, depending on your outlook I suppose.

Nice story. J Most of the time I’m not that patient and do a reload if a mission went completely wrong. And they often do because of minor mistakes myself.

And the second problem: It’s like another mod author was telling. If you are maintaining a plugin, you are not playing KSP anymore. You play your own mod and your will find some issues in play after a while. Even a very minor glitch will make you stop your game and start the development environment to analyze this. Maybe I spent about two hours in a game since the release of 1.1 and about 10 to 20 hours in testing and coding.  So most of my careers are short lived.

And then, when the coding is done and all seems to work… another game grabs for my attention. Stellaris will be released in a few days; HoI4 a few weeks later;  No Men’s Sky is upcoming, too.

Currently NanoGauges gets most of my attention.  I was just about to release an update yesterday until I found some strange warnings in the log, I do not understand and so I have to check it today again.

Well, and regarding your story: we really need an ironman career mod in KSP…

2 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

Oh! Someone else keen on Paradox Interactive... Crusader Kings 2 has been tiding me over while I've been waiting for KSP 64-bit...

My favorite game is still EU4; but I will give HoI4 a try, too.

Actually, I've got EU4 too. Haven't played it yet though. Bought it then promptly forgot that it was in my Steam library. Downloading it now.

The HoI games have seriously steep learning curves. That's been the main thing for me. If I step away from them for too long, then I come back completely useless. HoI4 is going to kick my ass. Will still buy it though. Heh.

On 4/27/2016 at 10:16 PM, Werwolf said:

So, Nereid, I have an interesting story to tell. Or pathetic, depending on your outlook I suppose.

Her name is Lisa Kerman. 

if you'll excuse me, i need to go start a sandbox save and build a memorial, something appropriate and touching, on the Mun. 

A minor update:

• 1.0.4-2216
    • New First-Kerbal-In-Space and First-EVA-In-Space ribbons graphics by SmarfterThanMe
    • Configurable hotkey
  • 1.0.5-2223
    • correct URL download for KSP-AVC (thanks to Jacke for reporting)
Edited by Nereid

This mod looks really awesome, I used this mod like 1-1,5 year ago and I remembered all the progress of the badges etc gets saved in the save file itself (the persistent.sfs) but this gave me some troubles and I was skeptical like, what if I removed the mod, the progress gets stored there in my save game forever without ever using it. 

I assume like 1 year later a lot of things changed, does it still get stored in the save game or in the mod itself now? will this give any troubles? Thanks

2 hours ago, onlinegamesz said:

This mod looks really awesome, I used this mod like 1-1,5 year ago and I remembered all the progress of the badges etc gets saved in the save file itself (the persistent.sfs) but this gave me some troubles and I was skeptical like, what if I removed the mod, the progress gets stored there in my save game forever without ever using it. 

I assume like 1 year later a lot of things changed, does it still get stored in the save game or in the mod itself now? will this give any troubles? Thanks

If it stay in the save and you delete Final Frontier it remains in the save but get completely ignored. You can edit your save and remove it, but there should be not much of an issue if you do not. Maybe loading the game takes a second (or a few) longer, because of the remaining data.

Because of the way KSP handles save/load now, the data has to be stored in the persistence file.

Edited by Nereid

Thanks for the respond Nereid, just a question, I edited the description of the custom ribbons, what if there is a new version of the mod? Do I lose the description again or does the description get saved in the save file?

2 minutes ago, onlinegamesz said:

Thanks for the respond Nereid, just a question, I edited the description of the custom ribbons, what if there is a new version of the mod? Do I lose the description again or does the description get saved in the save file?

The description is stored in the persistence file. You may just lose it, if I decide to remove that ribbon (or if you revert to a save before you changed the desciption). This had happened only once (as a request of SmarterThanMe).

Edited by Nereid

I love this mod and I've used it since it first came out. I know we all appreciate your continued effort in keeping it up to date :D

A (hopefully) small feature request. Would it be possible to add a text box where players can write a summary of a Kerbal's career or mission details or something? I like the RP aspect this brings to the game but sometimes I forget the details of a particular Kerbal's adventures. it'd be neat to be able to keep track of them in-game :)

@Nereid: WRT making Ribbon Packs - I note you have several ribbons with no description and named "Custom Ribbon #". Are these able to be used as base for Ribbon Packs, or must they be completely from scratch? I have the base designs done up, but I can't get the cloth look that is already present on your 'stock' ribbons.

17 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

@Nereid: WRT making Ribbon Packs - I note you have several ribbons with no description and named "Custom Ribbon #". Are these able to be used as base for Ribbon Packs, or must they be completely from scratch? I have the base designs done up, but I can't get the cloth look that is already present on your 'stock' ribbons.

In the "old days", I made ribbons to replace that group.

Now, you can put together a CFG file that will provide the information for the ribbons. You can reverse engineer my work, if you like. All you need to do is to make sure that you use a different BASE value (perhaps 5000?) than the ones that I've already got (unless you don't intend to use my packs, in which case whatever :) ).

20 minutes ago, SmarterThanMe said:

In the "old days", I made ribbons to replace that group.

Now, you can put together a CFG file that will provide the information for the ribbons. You can reverse engineer my work, if you like. All you need to do is to make sure that you use a different BASE value (perhaps 5000?) than the ones that I've already got (unless you don't intend to use my packs, in which case whatever :) ).

I've already done this - what I refer to is the actual ribbon itself. As we were (sorta) discussing over on your rank thread, I'm intending to use USN rank emblems as the devices, but the background is far too flat for my liking. If Iuse one of those 'unassigned' custom ribbons, I get the best of both worlds, so to speak. (Planning to use the 3000 series, as it seems to be clear so far as I can tell.) The CFG is already done and working, though my descriptions are still WIP, and the ribbons themselves, as I mentioned, just need a nicer looking background. So my question remains - since those came from the 'stock' mod, are they usable in add-ons to that mod? I would imagine so, but always better to be sure.