[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

13 hours ago, micha said:

Ah sorry misunderstanding. Thought you were referring overall to ribbon generation. No biggy then - summary screen is only eye candy :)

Yes. All other is working fine - at least in my current game. 

Edited by Nereid
typo

On 15.10.2016 at 7:14 PM, Nereid said:

There seems to be a minor bug: The mission summary displays sometimes ribbons that kerbal already got in previous missions. I will take a closer look at this tomorrow.

Ok, this should be fixed in   1.2.3-2675  1.2.2-2674.

On 16.10.2016 at 2:41 AM, DerekL1963 said:

Somehow I turned off the summary...  how to turn back on?

Well... nice finding. Because it was not working in KSP 1.2 I have removed the checkbox for (re)enabling it in the config window. Its there again in 1.2.3-2675

Just open Final Frontier, open the config window (button on the lower right), search for "show summary window" and enable it. :) [and leave  KSP with a regular quit in the main menu if you are done with playing, because FF will store its config by exiting KSP]

Edited by Nereid

5 minutes ago, Farix said:

Is there an alternative download, like Curse or GitHub? SpaceDock is proving to be completely unreliable.

just be patient. It's never failed to load for me all week even if it takes a minute or two sometimes. No doubt it's on a shared server host and no doubt it's getting slammed with traffic with all the mod updates

I just wanted to give you a heads up, it looks like Final Frontier is conflicting with the new Contract Configurator:

Spoiler

[ERR 16:31:24.994] Exception handling event onGUIApplicationLauncherReady in class FinalFrontier:System.NotSupportedException: The invoked member is not supported in a dynamic module.
  at System.Reflection.Emit.AssemblyBuilder.GetExportedTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FinalFrontierAdapter.ToolbarTypes.<getType>b__0 (.LoadedAssembly a) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[AssemblyLoader+LoadedAssembly,System.Type].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FinalFrontierAdapter.ToolbarTypes.getType (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FinalFrontierAdapter.GameScenesVisibility..ctor (.GameScenes[] gameScenes) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Nereid.FinalFrontier.FinalFrontier.AddBlizzysToolbarButtons () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Nereid.FinalFrontier.FinalFrontier.OnGUIAppLauncherReady () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It looks like this is due to an out of date dependency in blizzy toolbar.  More info and the code to fix it is here:

The merge in question is here: https://github.com/blizzy78/ksp_toolbar/commit/141485a715d11ac3d15d8d6f0ffafe5a01d853ba

Edited by RzTen1
added more links

2 hours ago, Mr wink said:

ok, thanks for your great job.

PS: the conflict will be fix also for nano gauge ?

:blush:

Yes. But I'm working on NG 1.4, too. So the upcomming fix for NG will include two new gauges (Nav/VOR/DME/ILS) for helping approaches on runways and is quite ready. Its not as good as Nav Utilities (I still prefer that in IVA, but its not updated for 1.2), but it is an option.

FF should get an update today (I'm still at work and cannot release here). NG should get an update later this week (maybe friday or weekend).

10 hours ago, eloquentJane said:

@Li0n Thanks, I had missed that part.

If you take a closer look into those packs, you can easily change them to your own needs if you use a new or yet unsupported mod with a different set of planets. 

4 hours ago, Nereid said:

If you take a closer look into those packs, you can easily change them to your own needs if you use a new or yet unsupported mod with a different set of planets. 

I may have a look at that, because the planet packs that I use most often are OPM and XPC.

On 30.10.2016 at 6:52 AM, jpkerman said:

My Kerbals are not earning there basic job ribbons, pilot, engineer, science after making a flight.  They earn contract, first in space, science earned...etc.  Anybody else?  Any quick thoughts?

Well, they do for me. At least last week they did. This may not shown in the summary though, because they get them after the vessel recovery (but this was 1.1.3 behavior; can't remember if this is still the case).

But anyway: I will check this today. Recovery of vessels work slightly different in KSP 1.2. So maybe there is a bug...

Edited by Nereid

On 30.10.2016 at 6:52 AM, jpkerman said:

My Kerbals are not earning there basic job ribbons, pilot, engineer, science after making a flight.  They earn contract, first in space, science earned...etc.  Anybody else?  Any quick thoughts?

Tested: The ribbons are awarded but not shown in the summary window. This is as expected, because they'll get them after the recovery is completed and FF checks only for ribbons until the mission is finished (more or less for technical reasons).

I'm a bit reluctant to change this behavior, because it is not that easy and may introduce new bugs. Its not worth the effort in my oppinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Can you give a list of (useless) ribbons which are not required for achievements detected by your plugin ?

I delete any useless ribbons to preserve my small amount of memory.

I submit you move these ribbons into a "Misc" or "Custom" sub-folder. I feel nation's ribbons could be an optional pack, custom's ribbons too, and why not move every useless ribbons into one or several optional packs.

8 hours ago, Smarti said:

hi there,

i have a question.

is there a way to remove one single ribbon from a kerbal?

Bill got a FLAG ON KERBIN ribbon, but he didn`t do that.

i don`t know how to identify the correct line that i need to remove in the savegame-text.

You can enable in the settings the ability to revoke ribbons through the UI, I've never done that tho so you'll have to figure it out. I just edit the config. Search your SFS save file for "HallOfFameScenarioModule" to find the ribbon entries:

ENTRY
{
  time = 5668740
  name = Valentina Kerman
  code = M+
  data = 
}

Delete that whole block of text of the multiple entries and a single ribbon will be gone. the code property identifies the ribbon. There is a list of ribbon codes in the settings you can use to search for the proper ribbon

On 07/10/2016 at 9:32 PM, Nereid said:

Can you be a bit more specific or was this discussed a while ago without a solution? I do not remember what the issues with the mach ribbons are...

On 11/07/2016 at 2:45 PM, blu3wolf said:

So Val just got back from a suborbital mission. Up to 82km, and back down again - shy about a 100 m/s dv for circularisation. We'll get it next time.

On the way back down, it looked like she was going to hit the 30km mark at about the same time as slowing below mach 5. It was neck and neck for a bit, and ultimately the mach won - Val crossed the 30km line doing mach 4.95. Looking forward to at least another ribbon, we were surprised to discover that Val was awarded the mach II ribbon, rather than the mach IV ribbon. A decision has been reached, to award her the correct ribbon, but for future missions, might this be improved? Possibly in the next version of Final Frontier?

Discussed is perhaps a strong word. The post was not replied to, in point of fact.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.