[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

28 minutes ago, Nereid said:

Yes. There is currently no way to add new ones.

Well let me leave a suggestion for a ribbon pack then:  medals. We have a few ranks packs but no awards packs. You know,  "hero of the kerbal union",  "bronze star kedal",  "kongressional medal of honor",  "viktoria kross"  etc. A simple ribbon with the styling of the medal should do!

1 minute ago, Daniel Prates said:

Well let me leave a suggestion for a ribbon pack then:  medals. We have a few ranks packs but no awards packs. You know,  "hero of the kerbal union",  "bronze star kedal",  "kongressional medal of honor",  "viktoria kross"  etc. A simple ribbon with the styling of the medal should do!

Feel free to do some graphics and I will integrate them.

On 10/28/2017 at 6:59 AM, Nereid said:

Sorry for my absence, but real life was calling.

I have compiled FF against 1.3.1 and I will upload it today.

Hello Nereid,

Thanks for the update.  It works great.  Also, sorry about that, I wasn't trying to add pressure.  I thought I was doing something wrong.

Thanks again!

-Craig

On 4.9.2017 at 8:19 PM, M3tal_Warrior said:

Well, I hoped some stuff could be parsed, like the career log:

Hide contents

And there still is the progress tracking section:

Hide contents

Thought it'd be able to read that stuff at least. I mean, would've been nice and might be an idea for the future - that is, if @Nereid has too much time on his hands :wink:

Nevermind, thanks a lot. I might just start anew - or not. Let's see... :) 

Well at the time I have started with FF we are were learning what is possible in KSP and what not. Maybe at those times this information was already at hand, but I didn't know about it a few years ago. SQUAD have added quite a bit since then.

If I would start FF from scratch again I would do many things different and I would skip a few ideas and workarounds for bugs in KSP that may be solved now. But to change it at this time its beyond my time constraints.

I'm still reluctant to remove some code that detect some missing events that may work now (like a closed orbit). And adding another source of carreer information other that recording it itself could bring up quite a few new problems and those KSP internal logs won't suffice. 

I would do it again, I would implement a module for "event-detectors" that just logs into another module (or directly into the SQUAD data, if possible) that just keeps track of those events and use FF just to visualize it. But this would not solve your problem at all. 

On 29.10.2017 at 1:00 PM, Nereid said:

Yes. There is currently no way to add new ones.

LOL, I totally forgot that I have already implemented the addition of custom ribbons as a request from SmarterThanMe.

So, its quite easy. Just create a file FinalFrontierCustomRibbons.cfg in your package. here is an Example from STMs ribbon packs

# Final Frontier Ribbon Pack 
#
# Syntax of file:
# ---------------
# NAME:<name of ribbon pack>
# FOLDER:<folder containing ribbons>
# BASE:<base for ribbon IDs (optional, default: 0)>
# <ribbon ID>:<filename without suffix>:<name of ribbon>:<description>[:<prestige (defaults to ID)>]
# <ribbon ID>:<filename without suffix>:<name of ribbon>:<description>[:<prestige (defaults to ID)>]
# [...]
#
# Do not use any <Ribbon ID> twice even its is used by another ribbon pack.
#
# If a base for this ribbon pack is set, all IDs are offsets from this base. If a ribbon gets ID 17 and the BASE is set to 7000, the used ID is 7017.
#
# Do not use IDs below 1001!
#

NAME:Medals
FOLDER:Ribbons
BASE:9000
1:heroku_01:Hero of the Koviet Union 1st Class:You know those Koviets... they love rows of medals. So you have 5 classes of those to give away and stuff the chest of your Kerbals with pride for the Motherland!:9999
2:heroku_02:Hero of the Koviet Union 2nd Class:You know those Koviets... they love rows of medals. So you have 5 classes of those to give away and stuff the chest of your Kerbals with pride for the Motherland!:9999
3:heroku_03:Hero of the Koviet Union 3rd Class:You know those Koviets... they love rows of medals. So you have 5 classes of those to give away and stuff the chest of your Kerbals with pride for the Motherland!:9999
4:heroku_03:Hero of the Koviet Union 4th Class:You know those Koviets... they love rows of medals. So you have 5 classes of those to give away and stuff the chest of your Kerbals with pride for the Motherland!:9999
5:heroku_03:Hero of the Koviet Union 5th Class:You know those Koviets... they love rows of medals. So you have 5 classes of those to give away and stuff the chest of your Kerbals with pride for the Motherland!:9999

A superseede option shouldn't be that hard to do either. Maybe this week.

Edited by Nereid

Hi, I love your mod but I've got a problem: the "Kerbin Eva Ribbon" seems to be invisible.

I took Valentina and Bob on a stroll, then the game award them the ribbon and the event is recorded in the log.

However there isnt any such ribbon in the hall of fame.

Below are a screenshot and my installed mods.

https://imgur.com/a/cxmls

EDIT: The problem happens when they disembark from the Command Seat.

Since that part is modified by the Take Command mod, maybe the problem lies there.

Edited by Pethos

3 hours ago, Pethos said:

Hi, I love your mod but I've got a problem: the "Kerbin Eva Ribbon" seems to be invisible.

I took Valentina and Bob on a stroll, then the game award them the ribbon and the event is recorded in the log.

However there isnt any such ribbon in the hall of fame.

The good news: If a ribbon is in the log, it's never gone. The not so good but still not bad news: It's WAD.

Reason: if you drive a rover (beside from Kerbin), you will have to do an EVA first (*). Hence any EVA ribbons are superseded by the Rover ribbons. Thats why they have the two dots at the left side. If its an EVA in space, there is no icon at the right, EVA on ground gets a lander, and because a rover requires an EVA first, it gets a rover icon.

Ok, if you start on Kerbin in a rover, than you are screwed. You will get the Rover ribbon first and on EVA you get the EVA ground ribbon, that is included in the Rover ribbon.

(*) This is not quite true anymore, because technically you can start in a rover and drive it out of a complicated lander. So I tend do change this in the next release. 

EDIT: Changed. I will test it tomorrow. You will see your ribbon then, but the two dots in the ribbon are gone.

Edited by Nereid

**DISCLAIMER** This post contains a "Thank you" and a "Sorry". Handle with care.

@Nereid Yup, problem solved! Thank you very much for the quick answer and solution!

Hovewer, today i noticed that the "Landing on Kerbin" ribbon is affected by the same issue: awarded and then invisible.

I should have noted that yesterday, sorry if i bring up this issue separately.

Here is a pic:

Lmn5b9n.png

11 minutes ago, Pethos said:

**DISCLAIMER** This post contains a "Thank you" and a "Sorry". Handle with care.

@Nereid Yup, problem solved! Thank you very much for the quick answer and solution!

Hovewer, today i noticed that the "Landing on Kerbin" ribbon is affected by the same issue: awarded and then invisible.

But this is completely fine and there is not much I can do about it. If you do EVA on a planet you have landed on that planet. This is true for all planets but not for Kerbin. So if you go on EVA on Kerbin you will automatically get the Landing ribbon. Kerbal logic. :wink:

EDIT: And the EVA ribbon supersedes the Landing ribbon. Take a closer look to the ribbon graphics. :)

Edited by Nereid

1.3.6-3189

It's now possible to disable ribbons in the Ribbon-Browser. Currently you have to do it one by one. Closing the ribbon browser will save the configuration.

EDIT: But be carefull. If you disable a ribbon, save your game, reload it and enable that ribbon again, it's gone.

Disabling a ribbon will prevent it from being awarded to a kerbal. Already awarded ribbons are not affected [until you reload a save game].

Edited by Nereid

I have a slight issue with downloading this to my folder, it seems that it's either incompatible with other mods I have in the pack, or something with the game. I'm on the newest release on KSP at 1.3.1, but I also have TAC-LS, and KAC Installed, as the only other mods. I have tried to use the toolbar to see if anything happens, leftalt f doesn't do anything either :/ So I'm not sure what to do at this point, no errors are in the game, just runs with the other mods except toolbar and FF. Hoping something works somewhere.

On 3.11.2017 at 12:14 AM, big bear said:

I have a slight issue with downloading this to my folder,

Did you extracted it into Gamedata/Nereid/FinalFrontier?

If it's not it will not find its textures. If there is a problem with the toolbar, just remove it (temporary), start KSP, enable the stock toolbar in FF and reinstall the toolbar again.

Edited by Nereid

12 hours ago, Nereid said:

Did you extracted it into Gamedata/Nereid/FinalFrontier?

If it's not it will not find its textures. If there is a problem with the toolbar, jsut remove it (temporary), start KSP, enable the stock toolbar in FF and reinstall the toolbar again.

Well, I re-did all of that and it come up saying the toolbar was installed incorrectly and what not, but now what I'm confused about is how do I enable FF to the stock toolbar? I played KSP many years before but I've forgotten ll of my config type things since everything was updated. If it would work that way it would be much simpler than having to go through it all again and pray it works :P 

11 hours ago, big bear said:

Well, I re-did all of that and it come up saying the toolbar was installed incorrectly and what not, but now what I'm confused about is how do I enable FF to the stock toolbar? I played KSP many years before but I've forgotten ll of my config type things since everything was updated. If it would work that way it would be much simpler than having to go through it all again and pray it works :P 

There is an option in FF to enbable blizzys toolbar. But stock should be default.

Did you try an unmodded copy of KSP with just FF installed?

Edited by Nereid

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2017 at 7:10 AM, Nereid said:

There is an option in FF to enbable blizzys toolbar. But stock should be default.

Did you try an unmodded copy of KSP with just FF installed?

I have, and it works like that alone just fine, ONLY that mod installed, and its fine. The only other mods I have right now are KAC, TAC-LS, EVE/SVE, Scatterer, TWP(Transfer window planner) on the other. I feel like one of these mods aren't compatible with the other. Although the one thing I did notice about the other with all the other mods installed, is FF shows up in the loading bar with everything going first thing. Everything else loads later but still doesn't show up in the game.

EVE/SVE, Scatterer and all the visuals werent added when I had ff installed with that result, saying these are after my last post.

EDIT: With FF working with the main game installed with no other mods, once all the other mods come in, doesn't decide to work at all. :/ Not sure of the reason.

Edited by big bear
Addition

1 hour ago, big bear said:

I have, and it works like that alone just fine, ONLY that mod installed, and its fine. The only other mods I have right now are KAC, TAC-LS, EVE/SVE, Scatterer, TWP(Transfer window planner) on the other. I feel like one of these mods aren't compatible with the other. Although the one thing I did notice about the other with all the other mods installed, is FF shows up in the loading bar with everything going first thing. Everything else loads later but still doesn't show up in the game.

I'm using Scatterer and Kerbal Alarm Clock myself.

So TAC-LS, TWP and EVE/SVE are candidates for any issues. If time allows I will test it in the next few days.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Nereid - just wondering if you're had a report of errors occurring on scene loads after previously dismissing a Kerbal from the astronaut complex?

Order of occurance:
I've rescued a Kerbal due to a contract and upon recovery, they got a few ribbons. As I was over my complex cap of 12, I 'fired' that kerbal to get one of the type I wanted.
When I then go to a new scene(eg Tracking center or returning to space center), I get a FF error regarding not being able to find Kerbal in hall of Fame for the Kerbals that were dismissed.

[ERR 20:26:35.823] FF: boarding: no kerbal in hall of fame entry

No real effect on the game other than a few lines in the log and not really an issue as it is. The error doesn't appear when loading the Hall of fame screen at all - only when changing scenes. Just reporting in case you might look at some adding a check to avoid loading hall of fame details for Kerbals that have been dismissed.

Thanks for the great mod. 

I got a minor issue regarding the endurance ribbons. I have a crew on an orbital space station - I send up a ship with the replacement and bring the old crew back, but the crew is not awarded the '... days on a single mission' endurance riibbon

I assume two possible reasons:

• They return on a different vessel
  • It has to do with USI-LS - when Kerbals might get temporarily assigned as Tourists after it assumed power went out (which is a bug in USI LS - not taking into account power generation)

3 hours ago, EricPoehlsen said:

I assume two possible reasons:

• They return on a different vessel
  • It has to do with USI-LS - when Kerbals might get temporarily assigned as Tourists after it assumed power went out (which is a bug in USI LS - not taking into account power generation)

The vessel should not cause this.

Tourist never get ribbons. If they are tourists when they got recovered, they are screwed.

Wishlist item: On the "Kerbal Decoration Board", a way to flip the Decorations section between a 4-across format to more like a list format with the ribbons listed in a single column with the name and ribbon description in the second column.  Or maybe a way to click on a ribbon and see a pop-up that shows kerbal name, ribbon graphic, ribbon name, ribbon description, when it was awarded.

(I also want UI scaling, but that's a Christmas wish.)

• 2 weeks later...

First of all I love this mod!

I got a little bug with Bill. I did a mission with a SSTO docking to a Space Station at 72 km in Kerbin. Bill got out on EVA, installed a connector with KIS, and returned to the SSTO, undocked and returned to Kerbin. It lasted no more than 6 hours (a Kerbin day), but Bill got a ribbon for spending more than 500 days on a single mission. Jeb was with him, did not EVA and recieved no new ribons.

Is possible to edit this in my save game?

Thanks!

I suspect what is happening with the mission time is that a space station, launched years before has a much higher MET than the kerbal.  That seems to be the pattern I'm seeing when I get a huge mission time ribbon.

(One possible fix would be to timestamp each kerbal as they launch from the home world, then use that to figure out MET on return.)

There's a setting in Final Frontier that lets you revoke ribbons that were awarded incorrectly using the in-game UI.

(Or maybe you just want to demote Jeb because he broke something again.)