[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

16 hours ago, Nereid said:

It works with 1.4.1. But change the texture settings to fullres.

ah ok but latest now is 1.4.2, i let steam keep things up to date. The mod might be unaffected by 1.4.2's update so was wondering if anyone plays it with latest

great mod idea btw, im about to restart my career so i can use this but i dont want to install it and think it works then a year into my career something is actually not working, hence why i ask... i wouldnt be able to test it myself extensively and know if it is indeed working

[snip]

Just now, i_like_kerbals said:

ah ok but latest now is 1.4.2, i let steam keep things up to date. The mod might be unaffected by 1.4.2's update so was wondering if anyone plays it with latest

Seems I missed an update again. Well, I'm confident it will work with 1.4.2 but I don't know it. Today it's to late but tomorrow I will recompile it against 1.4.2 and release an updated just to be sure.

This will include a warning for halfres textures as well.

7 minutes ago, Nereid said:

Seems I missed an update again. Well, I'm confident it will work with 1.4.2 but I don't know it. Today it's to late but tomorrow I will recompile it against 1.4.2 and release an updated just to be sure.

This will include a warning for halfres textures as well.

Ok great, i know this mod will make playing career a lot more fun since you take more interest in developing your kerbals. I do it anyway but now to have it integrated in the game, it is awesome. I am going to setup my ckan so i can download your mod... you may want to setup the max version as 1.4.9 because i doubt game updates will affect your mod unless it is something major that changes the game engine which i dont see happening in the 1.4.x versions

Some content has been pruned from this thread because of gratuitous personal abuse.

Folks, personal attacks are not okay under any circumstances ever.  If you can't comport yourself like an adult, perhaps take a break until you've calmed down enough to be civil.  And if you have a personal concern between yourself and another person, it's best to address the person (civilly) via private message, rather than post publicly.

Thank you for your understanding.

On 30.3.2018 at 3:12 PM, DStaal said:

I have a very dumb idea...

Since KSP is rendering them at half-rez, could you double their native resolution?  (DPI.)  Then when they're rendered down to half, you get the same effective resolution as before.

Ok. I have found a solution to this problem by examining the code of other plugins. FF is loading the textures from the pool of all textures in KSP and all textures are loaded at startup of the game. I have never noticed any problem in earlier versions of KSP and the benefit was reduced memory (because KSP is loading all the textures anyway, so there is no need to load them twice). KSP is now (maybe since a while?) loading png-images at the resolution of the texture settings, which leads to this blur. Other mods do load the textures directly.

I will try to change the code to load the textures directly. This will cause a little memory overhead, but since KSP64 it doesn't matter anyway and it shouldn't be that much.

EDIT: And now I'm puzzled. Loading the file directly will cause the same blur. :mad:

EDIT2: Got it. QualitySettings.masterTextureLimit was set to 1 and affects any texture when they are read from disk.

EDIT3: It's fixed. I will upload it, when I got some sleep.

Edited by Nereid

On 25.1.2014 at 11:30 PM, CalculusWarrior said:

A possible suggestion: could you please add an option to hide all of the dead kerbals? I appear to have quite a few...

It's already there: Just deselect the "dead" button in the Hall of Fame.

Edited by Nereid

Ok, the blurred ribbons should be gone now. A side effect: The ribbon graphics are a little bit sharper now.

But this comes with a drawback. To assure the ribbons are loaded in fullres FF will change a global quality parameter in the Unity engine at startup. For some strange reason, the same loading method that works for other mods will not work in FF without this. 

The ribbons are now loaded directly even in fullres mode (and costs therefore twice the amount of RAM). This can be changed in the configuration (disable "Allways use direct texture load").

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I made a custom ribbon pack for Final Frontier. I published it as a content mod in Spacedock. Would be very glad if @Nereid would tell me what he thinks! Btw, I am still wiling to improve the pack, creating new ribbons, so suggestions and feedback are most welcome, be them vague or concrete. 

My many thanks to nereid of course. 

Here is the forum link:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/175124-kerbal-medals-for-final-frontier-14x/

My game crashes with Final Frontier. It's already quite modded but somehow it made ksp pop my memory limit... took mod off, 2 GB more available at main menu...  Definetly a weird interaction going on... 1.4.3 w/DLC

EDIt: And now it might be something else entirely... But work tomorrow, can't trouble shoot it. 

Edited by Mokmo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2018 at 5:18 AM, Nereid said:

Ok, the blurred ribbons should be gone now. A side effect: The ribbon graphics are a little bit sharper now.

But this comes with a drawback. To assure the ribbons are loaded in fullres FF will change a global quality parameter in the Unity engine at startup. For some strange reason, the same loading method that works for other mods will not work in FF without this. 

The ribbons are now loaded directly even in fullres mode (and costs therefore twice the amount of RAM). This can be changed in the configuration (disable "Allways use direct texture load").

This change is probably what's causing the reported memory issues.

Take a look at the ToolbarController, I have a function there which bypasses the issue.  If you don't  want to use the ToolbatController, then copy the function

Also, to avoid the game loading the textures 2x, put them into the PluginData directory.

On 4/6/2018 at 12:18 PM, Nereid said:

Where to find this option ?

"Allways use direct texture load"

6 hours ago, Raptor42 said:

Well the mod works just fine in 1.4.3. I wanted to ask if there is a list of custom ribbon packs somewhere.

The First post has links to 3 threads of people who have created Custom Ribbon Packs. (3 different authors)

Also CKAN has 18 ribbon packs (From the 2nd and 3rd ribbon pack links on the first post. The first Author "Araym" Ribbon packs are not on CKAN.)

As a reminder, FF will not assign Ribbons from these packs. You have to manually add them to the kerbals in FF. (ie they are Role Playing Ribbons)

Edited by BlackHat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a problem with ribbons not showing, when for example when a kerbal is first in space, there is only a small white line or icon ( something like this -) when i hoover over it i get all text about it but the ribbon itself is not showing. i have other ribbon packs from STM and they work fine but all ribbons from Final Frontier does not. Any tips??