[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

just recovered two kerbals from a splashdown and they both have additional missions. Check the last few lines of your halloffame.ksp file and see whether you're missing an L+ for the kerbals. The issue may be in the way you're launching craft. If there's no L+ then the mod won't end a mission that never started

I need an exact description how to reproduce this.

Test and tell us ?

Just tested it in a new game on my Macbook. It shows up on the Toolbar, but the Icon is just a purple box. When I click it, it will load the kerbals, but no ribbons (of course, I hadn't done anything yet). When I launched a mission, I earned no ribbons. Hope this helps.

In my current sandbox I like to launch several competing nations and they all use unique and individual mods to make up their ships like Tantares for the Soviets etc etc. I like to differentiate the crews by renaming them and changing their textures and the different national flags on their space ships. If I add new custom ribbons will Final Frontier be able to pick them up? This morning I made a bunch of 'badges' so that I can easily identify the nationality of the crew. If you like them you're free to use.

http://i.imgur.com/E9l2SrK.png

archive

I will add them this weekend.

I'm quite puzzled about the reported not recorded mission count for some kerbals. I had never seend this myself yet. I'm iterating over the crew, when the mission counters are increased. Are some kerbals in some other crew modules when recovering? Maybe they were not counted as crew then. But remember: if you recover a kerbal fom a mission that has started before FF was installed, it will not count this as a mission for this kerbal.

The 64 bit version of 0.25 isn't working at all for me, so I can't test FF for 64 at the moment.

Is there really no way to use it without that toolbar mod? I do not want that toolbar.

It's on my todo list.

BTW: Anybody out there who can create a nice icon for the toolbar? I'm lousy in creating graphics.

BTW: Anybody out there who can create a nice icon for the toolbar? I'm lousy in creating graphics.

How about the trophy icon from this set? It's licensed under CC-BY and it's vector so you can scale it and tweak it however you want.

EDIT: Or emblem's in this set or one of the medals in this set.

Edited by zengei

Really? Im kinda peeved more by the mods that don't use it, as it means I need two have two toolbars.

Well, as long as blizzy will develop his toolbar, this one will always be an option.

I will just have to learn how to use the stock toolbar...

Is there really no way to use it without that toolbar mod? I do not want that toolbar.

well here's the thing, I don't think the AppLauncher bar minimizes itself in any way does it? If I were to put all my icons in blizzy's toolbar into the AppLauncher it would stretch across my screen and beyond. May not be a problem for you, yet, but at some point it could.

Which is really the only reason why, for now, blizzy support should be maintained by as many mods as possible. I'm not saying don't support the AppLauncher - it's definitely going to completely deprecate blizzy's toolbar at some point in the future - but right now it's still lacking features

well here's the thing, I don't think the AppLauncher bar minimizes itself in any way does it? If I were to put all my icons in blizzy's toolbar into the AppLauncher it would stretch across my screen and beyond. May not be a problem for you, yet, but at some point it could.

Which is really the only reason why, for now, blizzy support should be maintained by as many mods as possible. I'm not saying don't support the AppLauncher - it's definitely going to completely deprecate blizzy's toolbar at some point in the future - but right now it's still lacking features

I wholeheartedly agree. Those people who claim to not like blizzy's likely don't use as many mods as us.

Hmm I`m not sure what`s happened, but as soon as I add this to my extensive gamedata folder the game seems to run at one third speed. Unfortunately I`m not going to track it down, just as a point of reference incase anyone else experiences that particular mod interaction.

One of my students wanted me to point out these.

I thought I had already included them. Maybe it was an internal build only and it will come with the next release. I will check this.

I'm not updating to 0.25 until all of the other mods catch up.

Unfortunately ATM, one of the most important plugins, is not updated for 0.25 yet. :(

Also... Ranks? :D I know you're time poor. I'm considering learning C# to be able to do it myself. Maybe a Summer holiday project.

Ranks are a little more complicated. Thats nothing I can add in a few days. I'm still thinking how to integrate custom solar systems without screwing all up.

This! The stock AppLauncher is decidely *not* ready for prime-time if you use more than two or three mods.

Changing gears here. Hey nereid, do you forsee any problems or conflicts with this and the fire crew mod? If so do you plan any compatability patches?

Well, as long as Fire Crew Mod does not change the names of the kerbals, there should not any problems. If you remove a kerbal in flight, he would not end the mission of course. If there are any problems please tell me and I will see what I can do.

EDIT: I'm using the names of the kerbals, because I didn't find any persistent unique id for a kerbal. If somebody knows about it, please tell me and I will change it.

Hi Nereid, I was wondering if we could get KSP-AVC support. It would be only a matter of including one file, I could write it for you if you can't be bothered. It would be super-cool to have :)

Nice idea. I will give it a try.

Some post are complaining about the summary window now conflicting in position with the stock KSP summary window. I have noticed this, too. Currently there can't be done much about this (maybe I will change the position of the FF summary window). But a question: Does anybody know about a mod that uses the stock summary window in some way? If I get any example I would try to integrate FF therein.

I have occasional errors with this mod. Sometimes a mission do not get recorded at all. It have happened at least with two Apollo -style missions to Duna and Eeloo. Kerbals did not get more mission numbers and mission time. Sometimes Kerbals get false ribbons. At least somebody have "launch of heavy vessel" -ribbon much larger than any of my manned launches during current thread. One guy got about 6000 days too much mission time. Can this be conflict between Mechjeb and FinalFrontier? I use 32 bit Windows version and some other mods. I have also thought that is it possible that moving kerbals with Ship Manifest mod causes false behaviour.

I don't think there is a conflict. Moving kerbals wont do any harm, too. I do it myself often.

This is the first report of 600 days to much mission time or something like this. If somedody has an issue with mission times way off, please send me the halloffame.ksp

There seems to be an issue with the heavy vehicle ribbons, which I have not analyzed yet.

And just a tip: If you don't want a ribbon, because you don't like it or it works not properly, just remove the corresponding png-file in the ribbons folder. In the current version of FF this will disable this ribbon (in previous version it will crash FF).

Unfortunately I haven't played much KSP since 0.24.2. At least not in a sandbox-career like style. Most time I have just tested new designs of airplanes. Maybe I have not experienced some new introduced bugs in FF myself.

In general case - using small files is bad idea, cause some part of it's headers is stored in memory too and increasing RAM usage.

Hope devs solve this soon.

Development time ist costly (don't ask what I should have earned, if I would get payed for this; but trust me, I would not have need to work this year anymore in real life ;)). RAM is inexpensive and saving RAM is a waste of money in todays development most of the time. KSP is a little different because of the 3.5 GB limitation, but changing this would cost me about 2 days of work (the workflow has to be changed completely). And unfortunately FF stores the texture for each ribbon in the Ribbon class. Without changing this, you will use more RAM. So another day for changing this and the tradeoff would be more cpu usage and some potential hard to detect bugs. Not a good idea. Always choose correctness over performance or resources, if performance or resources are not a very big point. And they aren't.

But the main argument here is devlopment time and therefore costs - even if I won't get payed for this.

And I have checked this: In its current state FF will cost about 10MB to 15MB RAM without ATM. Using you optimization may save 5 to 10 MB RAM (maybe much less). Its not worth the effort at the moment. Technically you are right, but you can't really justify a time invest of two days of work (if you know the price for two days development, you will surely agree) by saving this amount of RAM.

It's a bit more annoying that KSP takes a few seconds longer to load because of the amount of files. And maybe someday I will change this, but we have more important things to do at the moment.

Edited by Nereid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.