[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

http://i58.tinypic.com/2zevub5.jpg

So, is the landing and eva ribbons like "numeric" ribbons (Achieved gee-force, Ribbons for time in EVA...)? Is there another "non-numeric" ribbons, which can be superseeded with other?

There an EVA on surface ribbon for Kerbin. Because an EVA on surface requires a landing, the first one superseedes the later one. Due to a technical constraint (which I may change later), this is not the case for the "first EVA on surface" and the "first landing" ribbons.

So it's not a bug, it's WAD. The previous ribbons are not lost. If you revoke the "EVA on surface ribbon", the "landing" ribbon will reapear. That's the reason why you still can see it in the log.

But it seems I should add some additional info in the tooltip, which ribbons are truly superseeded.

You may ask, why I have implemented it this way. Well, I wanted to remove unecessary spams of similar ribbons. But at the moment each ribbon can only superseede exactly one. Thats why it won't work for the "first ..." ribbions as described above.

To answer the second question regarding non numerical ribbons: Yes. Each "first ..." superseedes the "non-first" ribbon. But that's a technical aspect of the implementation (this way you won't get the "non-first" if you got the "first" one already). And there may be a few others. But I would have to check the supersede chain, which I can't at work.

Edited by Nereid

There an EVA on surface ribbon for Kerbin. Because an EVA on surface requires a landing, the first one superseedes the later one. Due to a technical constraint (which I may change later), this is not the case for the "first EVA on surface" and the "first landing" ribbons.

So it's not a bug, it's WAD. The previous ribbons are not lost. If you revoke the "EVA on surface ribbon", the "landing" ribbon will reapear. That's the reason why you still can see it in the log.

But it seems I should add some additional info in the tooltip, which ribbons are truly superseeded.

Thanks for your explanation. Just before your message, I could not understand why one kerbonaut have both "first..." ribbons for landing and EVA surface, and the other only one "non-first..." for EVA surface.

To answer the second question regarding non numerical ribbons: Yes. Each "first ..." superseedes the "non-first" ribbon. But that's a technical aspect of the implementation (this way you won't get the "non-first" if you got the "first" one already). And there may be a few others. But I would have to check the supersede chain, which I can't at work.

I think some additional info in the tooltip will be the answer for my second second question. As for me, I understand that each "first ..." superseedes the "non-first" ribbon, but it hard to me when one "non-numerical" ribbon supresses the other with different name.

I will keep this feature [display supersede chain in tooltip] in mind for the next release. But I'm currently in the process of buying a new car and a bit busy therefore. So the next release can take a while (or not, it depends on time and weather).

Today I EVA'd for the first time since installing FF.

Today I tried to grab a ladder.

Today I discovered that F is the hotkey for FF.

I can't find anywhere to change this keybind, not in game, not in a cfg... :mad:

Today I EVA'd for the first time since installing FF.

Today I tried to grab a ladder.

Today I discovered that F is the hotkey for FF.

I can't find anywhere to change this keybind, not in game, not in a cfg... :mad:

In the space center view, click the Final Frontier button, then click Config, then turn off the "Hotkey Enabled" option.

I got a bug report from a user of the Tourism Plus Contract Pack that a certain mission that spawns kerbals bugs out due to exceptions in Final Frontier:

[EXC 21:13:48.923] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object	Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameEntry.Award (Nereid.FinalFrontier.Ribbon ribbon)
Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFame.Record (.ProtoCrewMember kerbal, Nereid.FinalFrontier.Ribbon ribbon)
Nereid.FinalFrontier.AchievementRecorder.Record (Nereid.FinalFrontier.Ribbon ribbon, .ProtoCrewMember kerbal)
Nereid.FinalFrontier.AchievementRecorder.Record (Nereid.FinalFrontier.Ribbon ribbon, .Vessel vessel)
Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver.CheckAchievementsForVessel (Nereid.FinalFrontier.VesselState previous, Nereid.FinalFrontier.VesselState current, .EventReport report, Boolean hasToBeFirst)
Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver.CheckAchievementsForVessel (Nereid.FinalFrontier.VesselState previous, Nereid.FinalFrontier.VesselState current, .EventReport report)
Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver.CheckAchievementsForVessel (Nereid.FinalFrontier.VesselState currentVesselState, .EventReport report)
Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver.CheckAchievementsForVessel (.Vessel vessel, .EventReport report)
Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver.OnVesselChange (.Vessel vessel)
EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
FlightGlobals.setActiveVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean force)
FlightGlobals.SetActiveVessel (.Vessel v)
FlightDriver.Start ()

The user (GFBones) posted his full log file (and a save file a few posts back) in this post, along with some more details of the investigation from AlphaAsh.

I seem to be having trouble getting FF to work. It doesn't come up in Toolbar, and Left Alt - F isn't working either. I do have it in the correct path: GameData/Nereid/FinalFrontier.

Any suggestions?

That sounds like a real stinker. I understand you have it installed in Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Nereid\FinalFrontier right?

If so, I can only suggest redownloading it and reinstalling it.

Also:

What other mods do you have installed?

Have you looked at the output_log.txt? Perhaps there's an obvious error there, especially if it is failing to load FF at all.

I've got some weird stuff with FF yesterday. Unfortunately in my attempt to save a log file I accidentally deleted it (cleared all text in notepad++ and accidentally chose to save the file) so I will try to reproduce it tonight. Here's what happened:

1. A craft has landed on Laythe, 4 Kerbals got EVAs and planted flags.

2. Then Jeb tried to board the ship again. Now the weird part - after pressing B (for board) ONE Jeb appeared inside a craft and the OTHER JEB remained on the ladder. It cloned somehow. Actually I repeated this process a number of times and ultimately there were the total of 6 Jebediah Kermans on the surface of Laythe and ONE inside the craft.

3. Loading persistent save file resulted in crash with the strange entry 'Jebedia Kerman collided with unknown mystery component'. Quicksave from the moment BEFORE that crashed the Laythe (it just disappeared) and the craft exploded.

4. I checked logs - FF spammed exceptions like hell.

5. I removed FF everything worked fine.

As I said, I will try to repeat this 'clone Jeb' operation tonight and can provide logs. Anyway, I googled and found a similar description:

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/289p7f/the_unknown_mystery_component/

I have read tales of cloned Kerbals in the KIS thread as well, so I'm starting to wonder if this is just some stock bug.

I guess, EVA-ed Kerbal gets destroyed by the game engine when it enters the craft. Somehow it could not be destroyed and it remained. This is probably what caused the crash - FF (or whatever other mod) simply did not release the object in time (or somehow missed the entry event).

Here, the exception:

[LOG 23:25:11.002] FF: EventObserver:: OnVesselChange Jooliian-1
[EXC 23:25:11.003] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Nereid.FinalFrontier.HeavyVehicleLandAchievement.Check (Nereid.FinalFrontier.VesselState previous, Nereid.FinalFrontier.VesselState current)
Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver.CheckAchievementsForVessel (Nereid.FinalFrontier.VesselState previous, Nereid.FinalFrontier.VesselState current, .EventReport report, Boolean hasToBeFirst)
Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver.CheckAchievementsForVessel (Nereid.FinalFrontier.VesselState previous, Nereid.FinalFrontier.VesselState current, .EventReport report)
Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver.CheckAchievementsForVessel (Nereid.FinalFrontier.VesselState currentVesselState, .EventReport report)
Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver.CheckAchievementsForVessel (.Vessel vessel, .EventReport report)
FlightDriver.Start ()

here's how it looked like (no planet):

ccyBzy3.jpg

Is it normal for Final Frontier to spam the log with kerbal statistics?

Came here to ask pretty much the same: Is it normal for FF to redo everyone's statistics every time my minmus rover hits a bump ?

Came here to ask pretty much the same: Is it normal for FF to redo everyone's statistics every time my minmus rover hits a bump ?

What log level is set? FF should not log that much. But maybe I have forgotten to remove some debug outputs in the log.

- - - Updated - - -

I've got some weird stuff with FF yesterday. Unfortunately in my attempt to save a log file I accidentally deleted it (cleared all text in notepad++ and accidentally chose to save the file) so I will try to reproduce it tonight. Here's what happened:

1. A craft has landed on Laythe, 4 Kerbals got EVAs and planted flags.

2. Then Jeb tried to board the ship again. Now the weird part - after pressing B (for board) ONE Jeb appeared inside a craft and the OTHER JEB remained on the ladder. It cloned somehow. Actually I repeated this process a number of times and ultimately there were the total of 6 Jebediah Kermans on the surface of Laythe and ONE inside the craft.

3. Loading persistent save file resulted in crash with the strange entry 'Jebedia Kerman collided with unknown mystery component'. Quicksave from the moment BEFORE that crashed the Laythe (it just disappeared) and the craft exploded.

4. I checked logs - FF spammed exceptions like hell.

5. I removed FF everything worked fine.

As I said, I will try to repeat this 'clone Jeb' operation tonight and can provide logs. Anyway, I googled and found a similar description:

http://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/289p7f/the_unknown_mystery_component/

Strange. Any idea how to reproduce this?

- - - Updated - - -

I got a bug report from a user of the Tourism Plus Contract Pack that a certain mission that spawns kerbals bugs out due to exceptions in Final Frontier:

[EXC 21:13:48.923] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object	Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameEntry.Award (Nereid.FinalFrontier.Ribbon ribbon)
Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFame.Record (.ProtoCrewMember kerbal, Nereid.FinalFrontier.Ribbon ribbon)
Nereid.FinalFrontier.AchievementRecorder.Record (Nereid.FinalFrontier.Ribbon ribbon, .ProtoCrewMember kerbal)
Nereid.FinalFrontier.AchievementRecorder.Record (Nereid.FinalFrontier.Ribbon ribbon, .Vessel vessel)
FlightDriver.Start ()

The user (GFBones) posted his full log file (and a save file a few posts back) in this post, along with some more details of the investigation from AlphaAsh.

I will have to take a more detailed look into this. This may take a while, because I'm busy at work at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess, EVA-ed Kerbal gets destroyed by the game engine when it enters the craft. Somehow it could not be destroyed and it remained. This is probably what caused the crash - FF (or whatever other mod) simply did not release the object in time (or somehow missed the entry event).

I don't think FF is holding any object or has to release it in any way. FF just keeps track of instance references of ProtoCrewMember. If this causes KSP to clone kerbals... well, this would be a bug in the KSP core code.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Nereid, how hard would adding a "notepad" to the kerbal decoration board be to type in kerbal notes and feats?

Not that hard, but the reported bugs have a higher priority at the moment.

Edited by Nereid

Strange. Any idea how to reproduce this?

I dunno, I will probably be able to reproduce it on my install with the same craft but the problem is - it's modded. I'll try to make something simpler and let you know.

I don't think FF is holding any object or has to release it in any way. FF just keeps track of instance references of ProtoCrewMember. If this causes KSP to clone kerbals... well, this would be a bug in the KSP core code.

This was only my guess. .Net Framework does not work this way so if an object is disposed, some other class that holds a reference to it will simply get NFE. From the other hand, SOMETHING prevented the destruction of EVAed Kerbal and it remained (further investigation showed it was somehow attached to 'Unknown mystery component').

The only exception I found in the log file was this:

[LOG 23:25:11.002] FF: EventObserver:: OnVesselChange Jooliian-1
[EXC 23:25:11.003] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Nereid.FinalFrontier.HeavyVehicleLandAchievement.Check (Nereid.FinalFrontier.VesselState previous, Nereid.FinalFrontier.VesselState current)
FlightDriver.Start ()

This was only my guess. .Net Framework does not work this way so if an object is disposed, some other class that holds a reference to it will simply get NFE.

This can't happen, because if anyone holds a reference to an object, it can't get disposed. The GC should detect any reference and prevents the dispose of such an object.

Same problem here:

Had the game hanging during a launch. KSP afterwards dosen't want to start anymore, so I reinstalled in another folder, reinstalled the used mods and copied over my saved career. The vessel that crashed was then on the launchpad and I couldn't reverse the flight to the editor anymore. Therefor I loaded earlier save.

Game was starting slow and switching vessel realy took more time. At the same time I noticed heavy logging by FF in the debug menu.

A mining rover I landed afterwards on minimus then always was not responding and the moon missing at all, like in the picture by citatrix. So I reloaded, did the mining and launched off again to prevent this, 'cause I couldn't find any fix and was unable to fix the save by altering the altitude of the vessel.

Same happened then with a heavy mining rover on Duna, which was not designed to leave the surface ever. So after that I had no chance to put away the FF-Folder out off the gamedata folder. Then the error doesn't came up anymore. Game performance increased and no other errors till then.

My log also showed the nullreferenceexception in case of the failed jumping to the landed rovers.

So, this somehow looked like that FF ate up all my memory. Maybe triggered by the launched that hang up the game. But performance prior this was not really better. So maybe the reinstall was not the cause.

Edited by Schaufel

I get a log event from Final Frontier every time something (even debris) goes from orbiting to atmospheric flight. Is FF tracking every object in the game instead of just the crewed ones?

Also could you get FF to ask for confirmation if you attempt to switch away from a vessel in atmosphere and suborbital? I found out in a rather unpleasant fashion what clicking on the ship name in the Kerbal info tab does.

Edited by Thorbane

So Neried, I'm having issues in conjuction with FF and the Kerbinside side jobs, contract configurator contracts. It has to do with the Kerbals the missions spawn. Are you ware of this? Is there anything that can be done on your end. Alpha ash made me aware of the incompatability today.

Hi there!

I also ran into a Kerbal-cloning bug today. Since it seemed to render my whole mining operation on Minmus useless, I was pretty upset and spent most of the day figuring out whats causing it and finally nailed it down to this mod in conjunction with KW-Rocketry and KAS/KIS.

Here is how to reproduce it:

Clean GameData folder except for the following:

KAS

KIS

Nereid

KWRocketry

Module Manager

Vessel setup:

Take a probe core (I used RC-001S, RC-L01 or Okto2, but any should do) as root part. Attach a KW-Rocketry v-15 LFT tank below. Attach another KW-Rocketry v-15 LFT tank radially to the first tank. Then put a KAS CC-R2 Connector port anywhere on those tanks.

The above is the setup that will cause the problem. Now take another vessel that has one crew pod with one Kerbal in it and also has a KAS CC-R2 Connector port attached to it near the bug-vessel. EVA with the Kerbal and link from his vessels port to the bugged tank-vessels port. Then go back with the Kerbal to his pod and enter it. He will go inside and get cloned at the door at the same time, leaving his clone outside. From then on all sorts of problems in the game begin to occur, pretty much screwing you up if you dont have a backup save.

If I delete the Nereid folder from GameData, the bug does not occur in the setup above.

I hope this helps to track down the problem. If needed, I can post pictures. But I m not sure what logs you could need, other than a screenshot of what I see in alt+F12 => debug.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.