[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

^_^

I put them on "public release" just to allow anyone to use them, if they will fit a role, Inigma.

Obviously I thought that they could have, eventually, some room directly inside the Final Frontier mod. (Or at least, they are fitting now, for me, exactly the spot occupied by those "Custom" ribbon I never used :P)

My 2 cents about Final Frontier, now, should be a way to allow some "open coding" to add freely other custom made ribbons, both for "free form" assignment and for "custom events" maybe triggered by external events (specific contracts, like yours, for example).

I'll be enough happy to be able to add (maybe in a custom directory) more ribbons than those "hardcoded"...

[quote name='inigma']Is there a way to make [URL="http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/101604"]Contract Configurator[/URL] contract packs work with FF to allow contract packs to award custom ribbons? I'd love to add Araym's ribbons (if he'd let me) or something similar, as reward for progression for completing KSC Coast Guard contracts.

Check out my draft concept of how Contract Pack modders should have easy config file access to interacting with FF in their Contract Packs:

[URL]https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/issues/351[/URL][/QUOTE]

[quote name='Araym']^_^

I put them on "public release" just to allow anyone to use them, if they will fit a role, Inigma.

Obviously I thought that they could have, eventually, some room directly inside the Final Frontier mod. (Or at least, they are fitting now, for me, exactly the spot occupied by those "Custom" ribbon I never used :P)

My 2 cents about Final Frontier, now, should be a way to allow some "open coding" to add freely other custom made ribbons, both for "free form" assignment and for "custom events" maybe triggered by external events (specific contracts, like yours, for example).

I'll be enough happy to be able to add (maybe in a custom directory) more ribbons than those "hardcoded"...[/QUOTE]

I worked with Nereid on this for a little bit a long while back (maybe 8 months or so), but both real life stuff came up for him, as well as more important issues with Final Frontier around persistence. We never really got past the discussion stage. It kind of fell off my radar since then.

Anyway, there's nothing I can do in Contract Configurator without changes from Nereid. I could be completely wrong as these are from memory, but the major changes required were:
[LIST]
[*]Better support for externally loading ribbons. If I remember correctly, the problem with the custom ribbons was you had to assign them to a "slot". So there would be the potential for two people doing different contract packs picking the same slot and conflicting.
[*]API for allowing a custom ribbon to be assigned or the level upgraded. Right now it's all event based
[/LIST]
I think that was it (although those two items would require a fair bit of rework in the Final Frontier code base, if I remember correctly).

If Nereid wants to and is able to make those changes, then I may look into support in Contract Configurator again.

[quote name='Berlin'][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Helvetica]I'm still having a lot of trouble getting missions to register. I get all the ribbons but my kerbal have 0 registered missions. While it doesn't effect the game, it does effect my immersion [/FONT][/COLOR]:([url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/5jyhpohgdt...layer.log?dl=0[/url][/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that. I just have checked this in 0.8.9-1414 again and it is working for me. Can you describe a bit more precise when a mission recover is not detected?

If I cannot reproduce this, we will have to add/analyze log messages. But this will have to wait until next weekend.

[quote name='Nereid']Sorry to hear that. I just have checked this in 0.8.9-1414 again and it is working for me. Can you describe a bit more precise when a mission recover is not detected?

If I cannot reproduce this, we will have to add/analyze log messages. But this will have to wait until next weekend.[/QUOTE]

It turns out that it was not this mod but was Kerbal Konstructs as its not compatible with 1.0.5 which caused vessels to become unrecoverable thus not finishing missions. It took me deleting/adding 140+ mods to figure this out...and now my weekend is gone :(

[quote name='Berlin']It took me deleting/adding 140+ mods to figure this out...and now my weekend is gone :([/QUOTE]

As someone with as many mods, finding which mod is causing a problem shouldn't take more than an hour, tops. Take out half. If problem remains, take out half again and repeat. If problem is gone, that half is clean, go back and test half of what you took out. Repeat until you've whittled down to 1. In most cases you can guess which mod it is before you get to 1

Nereid, are you able to devote some time to working with Nightingale on getting FF to work with Contract Configurator? Us contract pack modders are chomping at the bit here to get an opportunity to award some medals to players for completing custom contracts.

On 2/12/2015, 5:39:54, inigma said:

Nereid, are you able to devote some time to working with Nightingale on getting FF to work with Contract Configurator? Us contract pack modders are chomping at the bit here to get an opportunity to award some medals to players for completing custom contracts.

Let me know what sort of ribbons you want done and I can at least get the graphics done? :)

On 1.12.2015, 19:39:54, inigma said:

Maybe in the days after xmas. Currently there are a few other games that takes away my attention. And I will have to take a look at the Contract Configurator myself first.

Ive discovered my Kerbals are not receiving the EVA in Kerbin Waters ribbon. I have three Kerbals with Splashdown ribbons, and they have EVA'd and swum around - although evidently without getting the appropriate ribbon for doing so.

I do like that the Wet EVA ribbon exists now, to differentiate between say certain harder to get to waters, and Kerbin's fairly easy to get to waters. 

Is there anything I can provide to help troubleshoot this?

On 5.12.2015, 04:04:39, blu3wolf said:

Ive discovered my Kerbals are not receiving the EVA in Kerbin Waters ribbon.

Thanks for reporting. I will take a look into this the next  days. If I can't reproduce and need further help this I will send you a private message.

Is this yours?

[00:05:55]: Lt. Dan Kerman boarded Mk1 Inline Cockpit on Das Canoe.

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

FF: no Hall of Fame entry found for kerbal Lt. Dan Kerman

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

FF: creating new hall of fame entry for kerbal Lt. Dan Kerman

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Nereid.FinalFrontier.BoardingAction.DoAction (Double timeOfAction, Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFameEntry entry, System.String data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Nereid.FinalFrontier.HallOfFame.RecordBoarding (.ProtoCrewMember kerbal) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Nereid.FinalFrontier.AchievementRecorder.RecordBoarding (.ProtoCrewMember crew) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Nereid.FinalFrontier.EventObserver.OnCrewBoardVessel (FromToAction`2 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EventData`1[GameEvents+FromToAction`2[Part,Part]].Fire (FromToAction`2 data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEVA.proceedAndBoard (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEVA.BoardPart (.Part p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEVA.<SetupFSM>m__93 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalFSM.RunEvent (.KFSMEvent evt) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalFSM.updateFSM (KFSMUpdateMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalFSM.UpdateFSM () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalEVA.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I'm seeing it in the context of a rescue contract from the current release of inigma's  GAP, and it appears to be duplicating my rescued kerbal.
I'm running a fair few other mods so It may well be some obscure conflict, I'd be up for more testing (and complete logs etc.) if needed, but first: sleep.).
After removing FF :( the rescue goes as expected, but that's not a very nice solution.

Edited by steve_v

47 minutes ago, steve_v said:

Is this yours?

I'm seeing it in the context of a rescue contract from the current release of inigma's  GAP, and it appears to be duplicating my rescued kerbal.
I'm running a fair few other mods so It may well be some obscure conflict, I'd be up for more testing (and complete logs etc.) if needed, but first: sleep.).
After removing FF :( the rescue goes as expected, but that's not a very nice solution.

Maybe. FF don't like duplicated kerbals, because the kerbal names are used as an identificator. 

Do you have a save game with this rescue mission?

Probably, I'll have a look. At what point, just the contract available or after boarding / cloning? I think I can repro this on demand in this save.

Here's a save with the contract available (again, modded install, YMMV).

I have edited in a few preceding lines from that log, "Lt. Dan Kerman" (generated by the contract) boarding the craft was the last event before FF freaked out... except he seems to have both boarded at this point and not boarded, being still on the ladder.

Edited by steve_v

7 hours ago, steve_v said:

Probably, I'll have a look. At what point, just the contract available or after boarding / cloning? I think I can repro this on demand in this save.

Here's a save with the contract available (again, modded install, YMMV).

I have edited in a few preceding lines from that log, "Lt. Dan Kerman" (generated by the contract) boarding the craft was the last event before FF freaked out... except he seems to have both boarded at this point and not boarded, being still on the ladder.

Thank you. I need a short list which mods are necessary to run this save.

EDIT: no list necessary. I can reproduce it from the save alone. But this a bit to complicated for the rest of the evening. It may take a few days.

Edited by Nereid

On Samstag, 5. Dezember 2015 at 4:04 AM, blu3wolf said:

Ive discovered my Kerbals are not receiving the EVA in Kerbin Waters ribbon. I have three Kerbals with Splashdown ribbons, and they have EVA'd and swum around - although evidently without getting the appropriate ribbon for doing so.

Confirmed. It's not still working anymore. Maybe because of changes in 1.0.5, maybe FF has a bug. But it is clearly reproducible.

My first tests were done one Kerbin, but Kerbin is excluded for this ribbon (because its way to easy).

Have you done an EVA in water on a non kerbin surface?

Edited by Nereid

The 'EVA in kerbin waters' ribbon is excluded from kerbin waters? That makes no sense. I have a wet EVA ribbon in the list, and a EVA in kerbin waters ribbon in the list. It makes sense for the wet EVA to exclude kerbin, but not the other. No I have not tried other planets yet, Im early on in career.

26 minutes ago, blu3wolf said:

The 'EVA in kerbin waters' ribbon is excluded from kerbin waters? That makes no sense. I have a wet EVA ribbon in the list, and a EVA in kerbin waters ribbon in the list. It makes sense for the wet EVA to exclude kerbin, but not the other. No I have not tried other planets yet, Im early on in career.

Well. Thats what the ribbon text is telling: "Awarded for [first kerbal] on an EVA in a wet environment outside of Kerbin". Hmmm.... grammar is not perfect I think. Any better suggestions?

A wet EVA ribbon is not bound to any celestial body. But Kerbin is way to easy to get this. Alien wet fluid required. ;) You have to go to Laythe or Eve to get this ribbon. 

The ribbon is awarded to those brave kerbals only, who are taking the risk to allow an unknown fluid to get in contact with their space suits. And this should be rewared with a ribbon. :)

Edited by Nereid

That is not the ribbon text. That is the ribbon text of the 'Wet EVA ribbon'. WetEva.png Awarded for an on EVA in a wet environment outside of Kerbin.

I am not talking about the Wet EVA ribbon.

I am talking about the 'EVA in Kerbin water ribbon'. EvaInWater.png Awarded for any EVA in Kerbin waters.

Two different ribbons. I am happy that there is a ribbon for anything other than Kerbin. I am not happy that there is a ribbon specifically for Kerbin, that my kerbals cannot get! I think the EVA in Kerbin Waters ribbon is broken, not the Wet EVA ribbon.

Also, is there a way to get the ribbons, In Space: InSpace.png and Deep Space: DeepSpace.png

Edited by blu3wolf

8 hours ago, blu3wolf said:

I am talking about the 'EVA in Kerbin water ribbon'. EvaInWater.png Awarded for any EVA in Kerbin waters.

Two different ribbons. I am happy that there is a ribbon for anything other than Kerbin. I am not happy that there is a ribbon specifically for Kerbin, that my kerbals cannot get! I think the EVA in Kerbin Waters ribbon is broken, not the Wet EVA ribbon.

Ah, ok. Then I have misunderstood your report. Maybe those ribbons are broken, because I wasn't getting them, too. 

If I remember it correctly, I had done a Wet EVA first but realized it was to easy to get if done on kerbin and splitted it. I totally forgot about the EVA in Kerbin water ribbon. 

Edited by Nereid

Hello Nereid,

I've noticed the FF icon on the stock toolbar will quite often be on top of another icon. First I thought it was an issue with kOS, but after removing that , the icon is placed over the infernal robotics icon.

Any suggestions on how I could solve this?

-Snarfster

7 hours ago, Snarfster said:

Hello Nereid,

I've noticed the FF icon on the stock toolbar will quite often be on top of another icon. First I thought it was an issue with kOS, but after removing that , the icon is placed over the infernal robotics icon.

Any suggestions on how I could solve this?

-Snarfster

Well... a workaround: install blizzys toolbar and disable the stock toolbar in the FF config.

But I will check, if I do something wrong with the pesky stock button.

4 hours ago, blu3wolf said:

Kerbol has an infinite SOI according to the wiki. So that could be difficult.

The code for that ribbon is marked as "BROKEN". Maybe thats part of the problem. ;)