Nereid

[1.7.1] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.5.3-3465

KSP 1.1.0  

617 members have voted

  1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

    • Yes
      223
    • No
      54
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...
      369


Recommended Posts

Does this include ribbons for OPM?

EDIT: Realized OPM comes packed with it's own ribbons. Derp.

Edited by Errol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/12/2016 at 9:29 AM, Lo Var Lachland said:

EDIT: I'll try to unzip it a different way this time. crossing my fingers.

More than likely your folder is messed up. Hopefully it worked when you unzipped it again, otherwise... Screenshots of your install?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

More than likely your folder is messed up. Hopefully it worked when you unzipped it again, otherwise... Screenshots of your install?

Nope!  got it working! Adsii1970 gave me a copy of his working folder and it was a success! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to count up accomplishments by Kerbals, and then give them a rank based off it? Might be fun instead of seeing a sea of medals on each kerbal. From what I can tell, most of the ribbon packs are manually given?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sardia said:

Is there a way to count up accomplishments by Kerbals, and then give them a rank based off it?

Automatically? No. but as you said you can manually hand out ribbons and they are all displayed in the kerbal profile for a manual count as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2016 at 9:46 PM, Fredde104 said:

I accdentallly gavia ribbon  to the  s´wrong erbal, is there any  way to remove it and add the correct one?

you can toggle on the option to revoke ribbons in the settings panel. I'm not sure about manually adding ribbons in the game tho. To do it manually outside the game, open your .sfs save file and search for "halloffame" you'll find the scenario module. The syntax for ribbons is very simple, and you can find the code for the ribbon you want to add in the game under the settings menu where you can click to show the ribbon code list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I did a quick search of the topic and didn't immediately see anything relevant to my issue...

I just constructed a rover and tested it on Kerbin.  The rover was initially built in the VAB but then was finalized in the SPH (not sure if that's relevant, but I don't know what isn't so I'm including everything).  I "launched" the rover onto the runway, drove it around a bit, and recovered it.  Neither of my two Kerbals received a rover ribbon.  What could be happening?

Thanks for the mod, I love being able to track who's done what...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, vans0051 said:

I just constructed a rover and tested it on Kerbin.

[...]

 drove it around a bit, and recovered it.  Neither of my two Kerbals received a rover ribbon.  What could be happening?

What is the vesselt type of the rover? Is it really of type "rover"? If not FF can't recognize it at the moment.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nereid said:

What is the vesselt type of the rover? Is it really of type "rover"? If not FF can't recognize it at the moment.

 

Problem solved!  It was typed as a plane because I couldn't figure out how to crew the external command seat by itself, so I installed a Mk2 cockpit, EVA'd the occupants, then jettisoned it.  After, I tried renaming the craft and switching the type, per your suggestion, and my Kerbals got their props.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how to get SSRSS ribbons working? I was fiddling around with the RSS pack but can't find a way for it to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gleisix said:

Does anyone know how to get SSRSS ribbons working? I was fiddling around with the RSS pack but can't find a way for it to work.

Should work out of the box. Not sure what fiddling you've done, but that's probably broken it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SmarterThanMe said:

Should work out of the box. Not sure what fiddling you've done, but that's probably broken it.

I didn't do anything until I realized there were no ribbons for the SSRSS bodies (Moon, Earth, etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gleisix said:

I didn't do anything until I realized there were no ribbons for the SSRSS bodies (Moon, Earth, etc.)

Oh. Oh! I see what's going on now.

You need to create a set specific for that system then. Create a new folder with the ribbons folder from the original mod, and rename the folders (i.e., from Kerbin, etc.) so that they match the planet names. Then they should be picked up automagically.

Edited by SmarterThanMe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SmarterThanMe said:

Oh. Oh! I see what's going on now.

You need to create a set specific for that system then. Create a new folder with the ribbons folder from the original mod, and rename the folders (i.e., from Kerbin, etc.) so that they match the planet names. Then they should be picked up automagically.

Tried this:

http://imgur.com/a/iefKS

Didn't work :(

Am I doing something wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gleisix said:

Tried this:

http://imgur.com/a/iefKS

Didn't work :(

Am I doing something wrong?

As far as I thought that was correct, so I'll defer to someone else who knows better.

You probably aren't doing anything wrong. Everyone worries about whether they're doing the right thing or not. I say, so long as you're not impacting someone else's life (or other celestial body), just go with the flow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

As far as I thought that was correct, so I'll defer to someone else who knows better.

You probably aren't doing anything wrong. Everyone worries about whether they're doing the right thing or not. I say, so long as you're not impacting someone else's life (or other celestial body), just go with the flow.

Ok. Thank you, I appreciate the help! If there is any way I can help (providing my FF folder, etc.) I'd be happy to do so. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

As far as I thought that was correct, so I'll defer to someone else who knows better.

You probably aren't doing anything wrong. Everyone worries about whether they're doing the right thing or not. I say, so long as you're not impacting someone else's life (or other celestial body), just go with the flow.

 

1 hour ago, Gleisix said:

Ok. Thank you, I appreciate the help! If there is any way I can help (providing my FF folder, etc.) I'd be happy to do so. :)

Nevermind, I did it!

So I left the FF folder and took a look at the RSS folder and how it was formatted with the Ribbons folder inside. When looking at that group of celestial bodies, I noticed a config that came with them. The config contained a path that said "ribbon path = RealSolarSystem/Ribbons" so, I noticed the pattern how the folder the ribbons were located in matched up with that path (should've realized that earlier). I dropped the Ribbons folder in the SSRSS folder and changed the path to say "ribbon path = SSRSS/Ribbons" and it worked!

 

Fix for future reference: http://imgur.com/a/iRG7D

I would like to thank you for helping me, I really appreciate it!

Edited by Gleisix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all.  I just installed this on an existing save AND did the requisite search of this thread but haven't found an answer.  Should a fresh install of this mod on an existing save capture all the kerbal awards that would have been awarded if it was installed at the beginning of the career game?  Right now, none of my veteran Kerbonauts have any awards.  Is this normal?  Is there a way to sync all the awards the way they should be?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. Its been answered several times, but to do it again:

No, a fresh install on an existing save will not capture 'awards that should have been awarded'. The only way to do this would be to start a fresh game, and have the awards on that fresh game.

Technically, you can manually add awards to your kerbals using save file editing, but it is not going to be any kind of automatic process at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Nereid Is there a way to make custom ribbons for planets added from a planet pack? I want to make ribbons for New Horizons, but I can't find any kind of guide for doing this.

Edited by Micro753

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Micro753 said:

@Nereid Is there a way to make custom ribbons for planets added from a planet pack? I want to make ribbons for New Horizons, but I can't find any kind of guide for doing this.

Yes. Take a look into the other ribbon packs. There is a file CelestialBodies.info. It is self explanatory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final Frontier has a little quirk with Kerbalism where the data size in megabytes is what sets off the science ribbons and not the actual science data gained. Noticed this when I sent up Jeb for 30 days to finish a contract. Easy Research VII or something without actually getting 1000 science. I'm posting this in both threads so you guys can collaborate on a fix or something. Both mods are pretty essential to me. haha

EDIT: ShotgunNinja has replied, something about the value of DataScale needing to be checked and not hardcoded.

Edited by ValynEritai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ValynEritai said:

Final Frontier has a little quirk with Kerbalism where the data size in megabytes is what sets off the science ribbons and not the actual science data gained. Noticed this when I sent up Jeb for 30 days to finish a contract. Easy Research VII or something without actually getting 1000 science. I'm posting this in both threads so you guys can collaborate on a fix or something. Both mods are pretty essential to me. haha

EDIT: ShotgunNinja has replied, something about the value of DataScale needing to be checked and not hardcoded.

Ok, I will take a look into this today.

 

EDIT: Maybe I'm wrong but with kerbalism installed the  OnScienceRecieved callback gets very suspicious values. It seems kerbalism has messed up the event system somehow.

Edited by Nereid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/11/2016 at 8:02 AM, Drew Kerman said:

it's a Scenario node in the SFS file (HallOfFameScenarioModule) so game reverts will also revert FF stats, and loading saves will load new FF stats

I note though, that I still get the same behavior noted above - terminating a KRASH simulation leaves kerbals still with their new ribbons.

EDIT: But this only lasts while I am in the VAB/SPH. Switching scenes clears it up and I guess FF reloads from the SFS.

Edited by blu3wolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.