Nereid

[1.7.1] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.5.3-3465

KSP 1.1.0  

617 members have voted

  1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

    • Yes
      223
    • No
      54
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...
      369


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, WuphonsReach said:

I suspect what is happening with the mission time is that a space station, launched years before has a much higher MET than the kerbal.  That seems to be the pattern I'm seeing when I get a huge mission time ribbon.

(One possible fix would be to timestamp each kerbal as they launch from the home world, then use that to figure out MET on return.)

There's a setting in Final Frontier that lets you revoke ribbons that were awarded incorrectly using the in-game UI.

(Or maybe you just want to demote Jeb because he broke something again.)

Maybe. I will have to invest this. As far as I remember each kerbal gets a timestamp as he starts a mission and the time is just calculated as he returns.

Please save such a game for later analysis. I will send an email address so I can take a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, WuphonsReach said:

I suspect what is happening with the mission time is that a space station, launched years before has a much higher MET than the kerbal.  That seems to be the pattern I'm seeing when I get a huge mission time ribbon.

(One possible fix would be to timestamp each kerbal as they launch from the home world, then use that to figure out MET on return.)

There's a setting in Final Frontier that lets you revoke ribbons that were awarded incorrectly using the in-game UI.

(Or maybe you just want to demote Jeb because he broke something again.)

Probably is the case, the station is relatively old. I reverted to an old save game, did the same mission and again Bill received the 500 day mission ribbon, and nothing for Jeb, who stayed in the ship. Took me some time, but I found the option to revoke ribbons, and everything is fine.

What do you mean by "timestamp" ? Just count manually the time each Kerbal has spent in the missions?

Thanks!

One suggestion for this mod, if possible, is to include ribbons for the deep freeze mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2017 at 11:28 PM, kerbalfreak said:

Probably is the case, the station is relatively old. I reverted to an old save game, did the same mission and again Bill received the 500 day mission ribbon, and nothing for Jeb, who stayed in the ship. Took me some time, but I found the option to revoke ribbons, and everything is fine.

What do you mean by "timestamp" ? Just count manually the time each Kerbal has spent in the missions?
 

A timestamp is the instant in time (historical record) of when a kerbal left Kerbin.  You then compare that timestamp with the current instant and do some math to get elapsed days.

How did you transfer Bill to/from the station?  Vanilla transfer method? EVA? Ship Manifest add-on?  (That may help narrow down why the timestamp gets rewritten.)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WuphonsReach said:

A timestamp is the instant in time (historical record) of when a kerbal left Kerbin.  You then compare that timestamp with the current instant and do some math to get elapsed days.

How did you transfer Bill to/from the station?  Vanilla transfer method? EVA? Ship Manifest add-on?  (That may help narrow down why the timestamp gets rewritten.)

 

Docked to the station on a SSTO with Bill and Jeb. After docking, Bill got out on vanilla EVA, did the job on EVA, and returned to the original ship (which was still docked). Then unlocked and returned to Kerbin.

WC1MILz.png

aAGynFs.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to get errors for failure to find OPM textures, no matter where I put them. Anyone know how to fix this?

Edited by Errol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Errol said:

I seem to get errors for failure to find OPM textures, no matter where I put them. Anyone know how to fix this?

Have you put them in the ribbons folder inside the FF ribbons folder? I know OPM has ribbons but I have not looked into if OPM’s set up is working. I guess I will have to soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have them both in the OPM folder, and in the Nereid folder, which are both the spots that the errors tell me I'm supposed to put them in the console, so I'm really confused. I have checked and double checked I put them in the right place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is there any way to manually award ribbons such as first kerbin orbit? I installed the mod a while after the start of my career save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrWalrus123 said:

is there any way to manually award ribbons such as first kerbin orbit? I installed the mod a while after the start of my career save.

yes, just add them at the end of the final frontier data in the persistence file. Search for halloffame I think. The format is very straightforward and you can find a listing of ribbon codes in the settings menu from the Space Center window. I don't have time for a full tutorial but if you have trouble figuring anything out just ask

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A nice add would be an option to scan the kerbal experiences and award ribbons based on those experiences (e.g. Someone who has planted a flag on Mun must have the surface EVA ribbon). Would be a great feature for adding the mod mid-game or if the ribbons all get lost (happens to me on major version upgrades)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2018 at 10:46 AM, Errol said:

I have them both in the OPM folder, and in the Nereid folder, which are both the spots that the errors tell me I'm supposed to put them in the console, so I'm really confused. I have checked and double checked I put them in the right place.

I'm seeing the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/01/2018 at 7:39 AM, eberkain said:

I'm seeing the same thing. 

Once you have the textures in your Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons folder try deleting the FinalFrontier.dat file in the Gamedata folder. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, tonight I had a major framerate issue caused by a FF console spam. Basically, random Kerbal names not in my astronaut complex (perhaps they're for hire but they literally just look like random names?) show up as:

"Kerbal status change: Teory Kerman from Available to Available at time 2611404.924"

If I switch to warning level I just see constant log spam of "no hall of fame entry found for kerbal <name>" with a bunch of random names streaming by.

I have to turn the log off to get any control of my game again, otherwise FPS drops to ~5 and the game runs even slower than that. The log spam started right after changing from ORBITAL to SUB_ORBITAL around the Mun. The vessel has no Kerbals on board. 

Anyway here's a log file:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/p8yx9njigjl3sbn/output_log - Copy.txt?dl=0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did a quick search and didn't come up with anything.

Is there any way to have the FF data exported to like a CSV file? 

My application is pretty narrow in this case, I just want to sort the kerbals based upon various things, and then do a crew selection for a major mission based on experience and a random element.

I know I can sort in game, but I'd like to add my own functions to the spreadsheet to do some calculations.

The more I think of it though, it's probably more work than it's worth, but it may spawn some other's to try something similar, like an offline crew management system. 

One of my favorite mods for the game though, absolutely love it.   So thanks for all the work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cool @taniwha.

But, I haven't touched python in ten years or so, and the most coding I do these days is futzing around with arduino or OpenCalc, so I'm little lost as to what to do with your code. 

I know it's a bit much to ask, but maybe you could modify the script a bit to pull just the Name, role (pilot/sci/eng), # of missions, and mission days, and drop them in a CSV file?   Maybe make it a packaged executable that saves the CSV with a date/time stamp in the name?    It'd be either trivial or a pain in the butt to do, so either way I understand if you'd decline. 

I'm working up a spreadsheet that will allow a player to pick crew for upcoming missions based on past experience and such. 

I'll keep looking at your code and try to figure it out though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gargamel I'm sorry, but I don't have time to do so. However, while some of the coding may leave a little to be desired, there's plenty of sample clode: flagtransfer ispfix mftgen mmcheck partcost portjimmy resourcecheck. They're all tools that make use of cfgnode, some just output, some read and write config node data.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, taniwha said:

@Gargamel I'm sorry, but I don't have time to do so. However, while some of the coding may leave a little to be desired, there's plenty of sample clode: flagtransfer ispfix mftgen mmcheck partcost portjimmy resourcecheck. They're all tools that make use of cfgnode, some just output, some read and write config node data.

Not a problem, keep it in the back of your mind.  I'll try to take a look and see what I can find.  At least you have pointed me in the right direction!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the plane and spaceplane wings supposed to automatically get assigned, or do I have to do those ones manually?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Errol said:

Are the plane and spaceplane wings supposed to automatically get assigned, or do I have to do those ones manually?

Manually (like all custom ribbons). Because I still do not know how to detect this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if it's not working right with 1.41 or the new DLC, but when running with the New DLC the Ribbons are all black, looking it up it seems previous problems had something to do with Active Texture Management?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nebfer said:

Not sure if it's not working right with 1.41 or the new DLC, but when running with the New DLC the Ribbons are all black, looking it up it seems previous problems had something to do with Active Texture Management?

It should work. I'm using it myself with 1.4.1. But why do you still use ATM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, nebfer said:

Not sure if it's not working right with 1.41 or the new DLC, but when running with the New DLC the Ribbons are all black, looking it up it seems previous problems had something to do with Active Texture Management?

ATM is no longer necessary and hasn’t been in a very, very long time. The reason is that it’s been built into the stock system. 

On top of that, it hasnt worked since 1.0.5

Edited by Galileo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.