[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

4 hours ago, Satior420 said:

The link to the Curse download still says that it is max ksp version 1.0.5 . .. am I not going to the right link? Also has it been uploaded CKAN yet?

Really? Curse tells me its for KSP 1.1.

2 hours ago, autumnalequinox said:

Haha you know I have gotten this mod with every update and I also do this every.  single.  time.  It's not your fault at all, the path is clear and everything.  It's just after mindlessly manually installing a bunch of mods I always go:  huh?  that's weird.  two folders.  and "fix it".  then realize what I did and fix that. :D

Well... I have done the same mistake with Chatterer this time. For some strange reason it went under JSI - and of course it won't work.

PS: I have found some minor issues: If a FF window is open when quitting to main menu it stays open. The Download link vor KSP-AVC still links to kerbalstuff and some of obsolete class files are shipped in the zip; They are gone long ago but the release folder that contains all files was not wiped out. 

Edited by Nereid

Anybody else use the included ribbons to create nations of origin for your Kerbals?  I'm not sure where the flags came from but I love how they "Kerbalize" different countries.  I create a very international team and award a few various ribbons such as test pilot and such to give my Kerbals some "background".  

Also:  A fun thing to do.  Create a Space Race scenario (mine is always KSA united vs. the russia analogue) and when you rescue stranded Kerbals I turn them into "defectors".  I give them national origin flags of competing nations just for fun.  

One more for RPers:  Use the accumulated "mission time" info to determine when you retire your Kerbals.  I set mine at 350 days mission time (accumulated).  After that I create a custom "retired" ribbon and no longer use the Kerbal; excluding big missions where they are brought out of retirement (such as colonization).

Edited by autumnalequinox

59 minutes ago, cicatrix said:

@Nereid, will you submit it to CKAN pls? FF is not listed among compatible mods for some reason.

Well... until today someone else has done this for me. Anybody who like may do it; I personally do not like the concept of CKAN very much (its a mix of a personal taste and other reasons). Its works well for players but not so well for modders.

Edited by Nereid

6 minutes ago, Nereid said:

Well... until today someone else has done this for me. Anybody who like may do it; I personally do not like the concept of CKAN very much (its a mix of a personal taste and other reasons). Its works well for players but not so well for modders.

I've said elsewhere that CKAN is like having Debian's apt system without having the standards in the Debian Policy Manual on naming, version numbering, directory paths, dependencies, encoding stuff in config files, exceptions & substitutions, etc.  Even a "simple" thing like where you use "-" versus "_" in names and version numbers matters a lot when a package system is doing things behind the scenes.  Without a a central authority imposing those standards, I'm not surprised CKAN is difficult and has issues.

6 hours ago, Nereid said:

I'll look at getting it done this afternoon (unless someone can beat me to it).

-- edit

I had a go. I think I have to wait for someone better than me to hold my hand though.

Edited by SmarterThanMe

Hi @Nereid, I've noticed a bug, which I think is caused by FF. Whenever I recover a vessel with a kerbal (or just a kerbal on EVA), I get +15 reputation. @Box of Stardust has reported it too.

I've looked into the log and I saw these lines:

Spoiler

[LOG 09:28:13.567] [VesselRecovery]: X Launchpad Test Lab recovered At LaunchPad. Recovery Value: 100.0% 
[LOG 09:28:13.568] FF: kerbal status change: Bob Kerman from Assigned to Available at time 11860120.0936568
[LOG 09:28:13.570] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 09:28:13.571] Crewmember Bob Kerman is available again
[LOG 09:28:13.575] Added 14.99977 (15) reputation: 'VesselRecovery'.
[LOG 09:28:13.576] [Research & Development]: +8 data on Temperature Scan from LaunchPad. 1 Science added. Subject value is 0.00
[LOG 09:28:13.578] FF: ribbon achievement (hall of fame entry):
[LOG 09:28:13.579] + name: Research I
[LOG 09:28:13.580] + code: YR10
[LOG 09:28:13.581] + hall of fame entry:
[LOG 09:28:13.582]   - Kerbal:                Bob Kerman
[LOG 09:28:13.582]   - status:                Available
[LOG 09:28:13.583]   - type:                  Crew
[LOG 09:28:13.584]   - experience:            1
[LOG 09:28:13.584]   - MissionsFlown:          2
[LOG 09:28:13.585]   - Dockings:               0
[LOG 09:28:13.585]   - Research:               31.0037852570531
[LOG 09:28:13.586]   - joolTour:               False
[LOG 09:28:13.587]   - IsOnEva:                False
[LOG 09:28:13.588]   - TimeOfLastEva:          11860077.1936577
[LOG 09:28:13.588]   - TimeOfLastLaunch:       11860077.3536577
[LOG 09:28:13.589]   - TotalEvaTime:           0
[LOG 09:28:13.590]   - TotalMissionTime:       426.526301339734
[LOG 09:28:13.590]   - visitedCelestialBodies: Kerbin 
[LOG 09:28:13.591] + - end -

I marked the problematic line with bold. Is it something FF does?

I'm using the latest version of FF, Win 64-bit.

8 hours ago, Nereid said:

There's an open PR to update your mod's info, it's just pending a review. We were only made aware a day ago that FF was hosted on SpaceDock or it would have been done earlier.

1 hour ago, garwel said:

Hi @Nereid, I've noticed a bug, which I think is caused by FF. Whenever I recover a vessel with a kerbal (or just a kerbal on EVA), I get +15 reputation. @Box of Stardust has reported it too.

I've looked into the log and I saw these lines:

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 09:28:13.567] [VesselRecovery]: X Launchpad Test Lab recovered At LaunchPad. Recovery Value: 100.0% 
[LOG 09:28:13.568] FF: kerbal status change: Bob Kerman from Assigned to Available at time 11860120.0936568
[LOG 09:28:13.570] FF: hall of fame refreshed
[LOG 09:28:13.571] Crewmember Bob Kerman is available again
[LOG 09:28:13.575] Added 14.99977 (15) reputation: 'VesselRecovery'.
[LOG 09:28:13.576] [Research & Development]: +8 data on Temperature Scan from LaunchPad. 1 Science added. Subject value is 0.00
[LOG 09:28:13.578] FF: ribbon achievement (hall of fame entry):
[LOG 09:28:13.579] + name: Research I
[LOG 09:28:13.580] + code: YR10
[LOG 09:28:13.581] + hall of fame entry:
[LOG 09:28:13.582]   - Kerbal:                Bob Kerman
[LOG 09:28:13.582]   - status:                Available
[LOG 09:28:13.583]   - type:                  Crew
[LOG 09:28:13.584]   - experience:            1
[LOG 09:28:13.584]   - MissionsFlown:          2
[LOG 09:28:13.585]   - Dockings:               0
[LOG 09:28:13.585]   - Research:               31.0037852570531
[LOG 09:28:13.586]   - joolTour:               False
[LOG 09:28:13.587]   - IsOnEva:                False
[LOG 09:28:13.588]   - TimeOfLastEva:          11860077.1936577
[LOG 09:28:13.588]   - TimeOfLastLaunch:       11860077.3536577
[LOG 09:28:13.589]   - TotalEvaTime:           0
[LOG 09:28:13.590]   - TotalMissionTime:       426.526301339734
[LOG 09:28:13.590]   - visitedCelestialBodies: Kerbin 
[LOG 09:28:13.591] + - end -

I marked the problematic line with bold. Is it something FF does?

I'm using the latest version of FF, Win 64-bit.

Now that I think of it, it can't be FF. I didn't have FF installed when it was occurring. 

If I had to pick a mod from my installs... maybe Roster Manifest? 

And if not, maybe it's bugged stock behavior?

Edited by Box of Stardust

11 minutes ago, Box of Stardust said:

Now that I think of it, it can't be FF. I didn't have FF installed when it was occurring. 

If I had to pick a mod from my installs... maybe Roster Manifest? 

And if not, maybe it's bugged stock behavior?

I see. Sorry about that, Nereid!

Do you mean Ship Manifest? I do have it installed. Could be it (although I have no idea why it cares about recovery). I doubt it's stock; people would notice huge Reputation boosts.

1 hour ago, plague006 said:

There's an open PR to update your mod's info, it's just pending a review. We were only made aware a day ago that FF was hosted on SpaceDock or it would have been done earlier.

And this is one of the concepts of CKAN I do not like...

54 minutes ago, garwel said:

I see. Sorry about that, Nereid!

NP.

Anyway: I'm 99,9% sure that FF does not add reputation to a kerbal. :)

3 hours ago, Warzouz said:

Hi, thx for this mod.

Is there a pack for outer planet mod ?

Outer Planet Mod does indeed work with Final Frontier. Your kerbals can get ribbons for entering OPM bodies' spheres of influence, docking in orbit around them, atmospheric and surface shenanigans where applicable, etc. The colors for the various Eeloo ribbons have also been changed, to reflect that it is a moon of Sarnus rather than its own planet.

5 hours ago, Nereid said:

Using GitHub as a centralized repository.

I'm not intimately knowledged enough to know what the drawbacks or alternatives are. Good to know it's a sticking point with some people though, thanks.

So, Nereid, I have an interesting story to tell. Or pathetic, depending on your outlook I suppose.

This career, I am going for 100% "realism".... meaning thorough testing before manning, realistic mission progression, etc. and as part of that, I downloaded your mod. Over time, I watched Lisa Kerman, a promising day 1 recruit that joined the original 4, grow from a noob to a spacegoing veteran. For some reason, she quickly became my favorite, and had 5 missions under her belt before Jeb, Bill, Bob, or Val even LEFT the Kerbonaut barracks. She had every bragging ribbon to have up to the point I am at in my career... First Kerbal to space, first to orbit, first to EVA, etc. etc...... flash forward to todays mission.

Oooooh man, todays mission.

Todays mission was a single Kerbal mission to orbit the Mun, gather science, and return home. The rocket had been thoroughly tested with 3 unmanned missions, my homebrew LES was of a new, very tested, and very capable design.... it had every reason to go right, really. But, it didn't. I watched in horror as MunBuster 1 with Lisa Kerman on board, my decorated veteran on her way to pin a few more ribbons on her chest, disintegrate into tiny little pieces at about 1500 meters altitude.

My mouth literally fell open as I stared at the screen in shock and disbelief. I had not lost a Kerbal, seriously, in my last two years of gameplay.

She was gone, really gone. Lisa Kerman was no more. My heart literally sank, and I felt very real grief over my dead pixel Kerbonaut, who I had spent hours romping around on EVAs in LKO, water, jet flight and testing missions. I had given her an entire fictional identity and personality in my mind, really. Why? It took me a minute to figure it out, but...

Your mod.

Your mod let me connect to the game in a way that is totally awesome, new, and completely unexpected. I was astonished at how sad I was, going out on my deck to smoke a cigarette and contemplate what kind of memorial I was gonna build. How my now COMPLETELY UNEXPERIENCED field of Kerbonauts was going to continue on with the lack of an experienced veteran leading the way... Jeb was the new veteran, with a whopping ONE flight to his name... a suborbital abort landing test. Sheesh man, I've been playing this game since Beta and my heart has NEVER jumped up in my throat like that before when playing.

You sir, deserve a six pack and a pizza. Thank you so much for the great mod, and know that at least for one person, it completely changed how I play this game. This freakin' STUPID ADDICTING DAMN GAME. 

I need a hug now, because my poor Lisa Kerman is dead. And I'm out of funds to build her a proper memorial satellite.  :(

Edited by Werwolf

Thanks for sharing that story.  I agree, this mod does help bring the otherwise rather generic characters to life.

8 hours ago, Werwolf said:

How my now COMPLETELY UNEXPERIENCED field of Kerbonauts was going to continue on with the lack of an experienced veteran leading the way

This is why I always try to rotate my crews.

13 hours ago, razark said:

Thanks for sharing that story.  I agree, this mod does help bring the otherwise rather generic characters to life.

This is why I always try to rotate my crews.

I do too!  Hehe.  But I also have favorites too so I can totally feel for that story.  I've been there and it brings back the FEEEELZ! :(

I have a rule that no Kerbal can do two missions in a row because of an incident like that (and watching From the Earth to the Moon over and over).

In addition to the mod, I use my own system to help keep track of things.  Random numbers, plus rules on crew rotation, as well as flight assignment and position eligibility, promotions, and retirements all get tracked.  I've been thinking about absorbing some of Final Frontier's awards into my system, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Crew Member COL Jebediah CDR Bill CDR Bob COL Valentina LTC Megcia CPT Lagerline COL Nelmin COL Dowise 2LT Jedble Lead Scientist Genezon 1LT Seedock Intern Shepler ENS Dantrice MAJ Alice Geologist Rosan 2LT Harbrett LT Seanlong Researcher Mardi Researcher Gwendia Physicist Phoberta Intern Ferbart 2LT Gwenlyn MAJ Seandorf Biologist Melbur
Group 1 1 1 1 2 2 2 2 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
Flights
Tests
Passenger

Missions

Flight Mission Status Vessel Class Position
1 SO-1 Complete Dart I Science Dart 1     PLT                                          
2 SO-2 Complete Dart II Science Dart 1   PLT                                            
3 SO-3 Complete Dart III Science Dart 2 PLT                                              
4 SR-1 Complete Aeronomy Study I Sounding Rocket 1A                                                
5 SR-1A Complete Aeronomy Study I.2 Sounding Rocket 1A.1                                                
6 SR-2 Complete Aeronomy Study II Sounding Rocket 3A                                                
7 SR-3 Complete Engineering Study II Sounding Rocket 3B                                                
8 SR-4 Complete Materials Study II Sounding Rocket 3C                                                
9 SR-5 Complete Meteorological Study II Sounding Rocket 3D                                                
10 SR-6 Complete Goo Study II Sounding Rocket 3E                                                
11 LKO-1 Complete Orbital One OC-1       PLT                                        
12 LKO-2 Abort- Contingency Orbital Two OC-2   PLT                                            
13 LKO-2A Complete Orbital Three OC-2A     PLT                                          
14 HKO-1 Abort- Contingency Soar One OC-3A PLT                                              
15 HKO-1A Complete Soar Two OC-3A       PLT                                        
16 RT-1 Complete LJ-1 LJ                                                
17 MuO-1 Complete Explorer 1 Mun Orbiter I   CDR         PLT                                  
18 LKD-1A Abort- Contingency Romulus Orbiter-D CDR       PLT                                      
19 LKD-1B Abort- Contingency Remus Orbiter-D.A       CDR       PLT                                
20 LKD-2A Complete Frey Orbiter-D.A     CDR     PLT RTRN                                  
21 LKD-2B Complete Freya Orbiter-D.A   CDR       RTRN PLT                                  
22 MiO-1 Complete Explorer II Mun Orbiter A CDR             PLT                                
23 MiL-1 Complete Lander One Minmus Lander A       CDR PLT                                      
24 MuO-2 Complete Explorer III Mun Orbiter A     CDR     PLT                                    
25 MiO-2 Complete Explorer IV Mun Orbiter A   CDR         PLT                                  
26 LKORS Launch Complete LKORS Station Core Module                                                
27 RT-2 Complete LJ-2 CTV(P)                                                
28 LKORS Crew Transport Complete CTV-1 CTV     PASS   CDR       PASS PASS ENG PASS       PLT                
29 LKORS Expedition 1 Active LKORS Station Core Module     CDR           ENG SCI   SCI                        
30 RT-3 Complete LJ-3 CTV-A CDR PLT   ENG                                        
31 MiL-2 Complete Lander Two Minmus Lander A               CDR             SCI                  
32 LKORS Construction 1 Complete LKORS Science Module Station Science Module                                                
33 LKORS Experiment I Active LKORS Experiment I Experiment Carrier (Plant)                                                
34 LKORS Crew Transport 2 Complete CTV-2 CTV-A           CDR             PLT ENG         PASS PASS PASS     PASS
35 LKORS Expedition 1A Active LKORS Station Core Module                                     SCI SCI SCI     SCI
36 LKORS Construction 2 Complete LKORS Power Mast Station Power Mast                                                
  Name Jebediah Bill Bob Valentina Megcia Lagerline Nelmin Dowise Jedble Genezon Seedock Shepler Dantrice Alice Rosan Harbrett Seanlong Mardi Gwendia Phoberta Ferbart Gwenlyn Seandorf Melbur
Flights
Tests
Passenger

Hire A Kerbal     Design A New Class     Order A New Vessel     Plan A New Mission