[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

Quick question: I have the 3465 version installed for 1.7 and I'm currently on a career save. If I update to 3466 by deleting the Nereid folder (3465) and placing the new Nereid folder (3466) in there, will my career save be ok?

Edited by lodiped

On 5/25/2019 at 8:45 AM, lodiped said:

Quick question: I have the 3465 version installed for 1.7 and I'm currently on a career save. If I update to 3466 by deleting the Nereid folder (3465) and placing the new Nereid folder (3466) in there, will my career save be ok?

There are no changes regarding the save game structure. There are no changes at all. Its just compiled against the new 1.7 libs and the build label was changed to match the KSP version.

I find most video game achievements a little bit tacky, but I certainly underestimated how much having a simple little colorful trophy can add so much to a career game.

On multiple occasions, I've loaded up a really old career save and just looked through the ribbons that the crew received and just reminisce on the missions that helped them earn them. Seriously, this mod adds a lot of character to KSP.

If I haven't said so before, thank you for keeping it alive

Edited by akron

I installed Outer planets mod after finishing a mission which i cluded landing on tekto which is a moon added by opm. Jeb got a ribbon for lading on it but the ribbon is displayed as a blank space is this a bug or just final frontier not supporting opm?

3 hours ago, Astatine85 said:

I installed Outer planets mod after finishing a mission which i cluded landing on tekto which is a moon added by opm. Jeb got a ribbon for lading on it but the ribbon is displayed as a blank space is this a bug or just final frontier not supporting opm?

Without installing any ribbon packs (planet packs), it wont support any mod that adds celestial bodies. If you have a ribbon pack installed, consult the author of the ribbon pack first.

EDIT: Its' not that hard to create a ribbon pack yourself. There are two examples on the first page.

Edited by Nereid

2 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

BTW, how to create new ribbons?

Use a paint program of your choice. I'm using a small java program to create those myself. But it's not very polished and needs some manual editing of a property file to add new ribbons. Therefore I'm a bit reluctant to puplish it. If you want to give it a try, I could mail it to you. But you will not get any support.

I do not know what is connected with, but when switching to version 1.7.1 I have zero time in the game (set as the first run) and lost all the merits of my kerbonauts. Several times reinstalled, but could not fix. Now ranks are given according to the new, despite the fact that in his career it's been 8 years and my kerbonauts have achieved many successes.

5 hours ago, Sokol_323 said:

I do not know what is connected with, but when switching to version 1.7.1 I have zero time in the game (set as the first run) and lost all the merits of my kerbonauts. Several times reinstalled, but could not fix. Now ranks are given according to the new, despite the fact that in his career it's been 8 years and my kerbonauts have achieved many successes.

Did you transfer a save game from 1.7.0 to 1.7.1? And was FF installed while playing in 1.7.0?

EDIT: Just tested. Transfering a save game from 1.7.0 to 1.7.1 works without any issues.

Edited by Nereid

18 hours ago, Nereid said:

Did you transfer a save game from 1.7.0 to 1.7.1? And was FF installed while playing in 1.7.0?

EDIT: Just tested. Transfering a save game from 1.7.0 to 1.7.1 works without any issues.

Yes, there was a transfer from 1.7.0 to 1.7.1. FF installed from version 1.6.0. Before that, everything worked fine. I don't know why, but the time was lost only in career. In the test game everything works fine.

Maybe that's not the problem with this mod.

In mod, CrewRandR also failed due to time: due to the time shift 6 years ago, the crews who returned from orbit before the transition from version to version, went on vacation for 8000 days. Also in the mod Trigger Alarm reminders also moved forward by 6 years.  

Just sorry for the lost merits. Well, Jeb is not the first kerbonaut in space now.:(

On 6/7/2019 at 5:58 AM, Astatine85 said:

Awhile back I had that same problem. Then discovered that OPM does include the Ribbon Packs for OPM. 

"I noticed in my game (1.5.1) that my ribbons, although were listed in FF, were all blank. So I ended up renaming a bunch of folders from one of Nerids other Ribbon Planet packs.

But then I started wondering why I did not have them from OPM, as the OP clearly states ribbons will be there if you use FF.

I looked, and see they are in the "OptionalMods" folder in the OPM Archive.

The Problem appears to be, that I install OPM with CKAN, ....... and CKAN will not add them". (maybe due to the file folder structure.)

The Ribbons are in a separate folder. You need to manually open:

OuterPlanetsMod-2-2.2.4.zip\OptionalMods\OPM_FinalFrontier\GameData\

and copy its contents to KSP's game data folder. This will add the OPM Ribbons to FF's Ribbon folder.

Edited by BlackHat

6 hours ago, Nereid said:

Maybe you should try S.A.V.E for avoiding such issues.

I tried. I overwritten the save folder a few times. It has two games: basic in career mode and test in sandbox mode. And for some reason it is in career mode hours are reset to the beginning. In the sandbox everything works the same as in the previous version of the game. So I can't figure out what the problem is. But I already resigned myself, manually adjusted the time. From losses only FF data.

17 hours ago, Sokol_323 said:

And for some reason it is in career mode hours are reset to the beginning. In the sandbox everything works the same as in the previous version of the game. 

Well, then we have the reason for your issues: If the game time is reset, then of course all kerbals will lose their ribbons.

If a ribbon is awarded at a point in time, let's say T and the time gets reverted to T-1 then the ribbon is deleted from the save, because you will not get any ribbons that are awarded in the future.

Don't mess up the ingame time or use a mod that does this.

7 hours ago, Nereid said:

Well, then we have the reason for your issues: If the game time is reset, then of course all kerbals will lose their ribbons.

If a ribbon is awarded at a point in time, let's say T and the time gets reverted to T-1 then the ribbon is deleted from the save, because you will not get any ribbons that are awarded in the future.

Don't mess up the ingame time or use a mod that does this.

I did it!!! I moved some files from the save folder of the 1.7.0 version of the game. Selection found the one that was closest to the time when I had zero time in career mode. After that, with the timer fixed manually, I restarted the game. And I have returned missing achievements FF! :cool:

P.S. I would like to understand why after the transition to version 1.7.1 the time was reset. And why it only happened with the career mode....:/

15 hours ago, Sokol_323 said:

I did it!!! I moved some files from the save folder of the 1.7.0 version of the game. Selection found the one that was closest to the time when I had zero time in career mode. After that, with the timer fixed manually, I restarted the game. And I have returned missing achievements FF! :cool:

Well. Some kind of strange bug in KSP then?

if you have old backups you could copy and paste the ribbons back manually after fixing the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't post here much, but I'm starting a brand new save and paring down my mods now that I'm updating to 1.7 + Breaking Ground. I was still a bit hesitant to just toss the whole save since I started it back in KSP 1.0, but when I realized it would reset FF my doubts were officially gone - I didn't have this mod until after my first wave of Mun and Minmus missions and I don't remember who was on all of them, and it's always bugged me.

With that in mind, I just want to give a shoutout to you @Nereid. I've been playing since KSP 0.23.5 and using a significant number of mods since 0.90. In that time I've only picked up five or six mods I would consider absolute must-haves - mods without which I would enjoy KSP significantly less - and this is one of them. Thank you!

Edited by saxyomega90125

• 2 months later...

Hello Nereid, I dont know how to reach you best about FF other than here.

This mod is my favorite flavor/story telling mod and a must have for every save of mine since I first discovered it. About KSP 2, I am a C# Developer by trade and as I care so much about this mod, I wanted to try and get in contact offering support and assistance in working on the mod in whatever capacity might best suit to recreate this mod for the next iteration of KSP. 

I have checked the github repo of this project for issues/tickets that I may be able to help with to prove my ability/desire however there is only one and it is multiple years old. If you had any idea for the current mod that I could possibly work to implement, I would love the challenge.

I understand if you plan to either continue it alone or not at all but I wanted to offer as a helping hand as the reports of KSP2 included many new planets/stars and bodies.

Cheers

2 hours ago, TraitorMatt said:

I have checked the github repo of this project for issues/tickets that I may be able to help with to prove my ability/desire however there is only one and it is multiple years old. If you had any idea for the current mod that I could possibly work to implement, I would love the challenge.

Ooh. Subject to Nereid's OK, there is one suggestion that I would love to see (that I occasionally harass Nereid about) that is to make one ribbon supersede another, and to make that work for custom ribbons.

So, for example with my rank ribbons... If awarding someone the "Captain" ribbon could supersede the "Lieutenant" ribbon, that would be awesome.

Edited by SmarterThanMe
Spelling.

17 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

Ooh. Subject to Nereid's OK, there is one suggestion that I would love to see (that I occasionally harass Nereid about) that is to make one ribbon supersede another, and to make that work for custom ribbons.

So, for example with my rank ribbons... If awarding someone the "Captain" ribbon could supersede the "Lieutenant" ribbon, that would be awesome.

That is kind of a wonderful idea. Having the automatic superceding of ranks instead of having to add a rank then revoke the other one (or worse, having tons of rank ribbons)

I posted previously in this thread asking if there was a way built in to change the precedence/order of ribbons so that, for example, Inter Sidera and Diamond are the highest order ones then having all the rank ribbons being the next in line, followed by the rest, as I think that would look the best for my personal Kerbal story. Slightly different but that was one thing I always wanted to be able to do.

It appears that right now neither are possible but I pulled the repository down and got Final Frontier compiling properly in my local dev environment so now I can mess around with it and see how the superceding works. If I get it working in a relatively elegant way, I will make a pull request and see if Nereid would like to merge it. Worst case scenario they say no. You know?

Also, cheers for all the work you've done for additional ribbons for this mod. I use the Expedition and Ranks packs all the time for different things.

The way that custom ribbons are organised (i.e., with a value for how important the ribbon is) would suggest that there is something there for the precedence/order?

If you've got any suggestions for expeditions... I occasionally get bored. I'm in the middle of completing a truly terrifying amount of paperwork in my day to day work, so any distraction would be a good distraction.

Yeah that's what I am seeing as well when I looked at the ribbon .cfg file. The prestiege element.

I made a small modification to the FF and built it to test my changes. It works so tomorrow I will start looking at the prestiege bit. If that goes no where I will see what could be next. There is a class called "RibbonSupercedeChain" which according to a comment is "not used yet" implying that might be the place where they are allowing, or planned to allow, for custom superceding of ribbons. So depending on what the prestiege variable does, will see if I poke around into the SupercedeChain class.

I'll keep that in mind! I am rubbish for naming things however but it would be cool. If a mission was exciting enough for me to come up with a good name.

• 1 month later...