[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

16 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

it could be argued that there  weren't any REMAINING undeployed parachutes.

Did another test with this scenario, sequence:

Launch, deployed parachutes, engine still running. Ran out of fuel, landed. No ribbon awarded.

2 hours ago, VoidSquid said:

Thank you very much, @Nereid, and I wish you and your family and friends a Merry Christmas! :) 

My little Kerbals got their extra X-Mas Ribbon today, what a nice touch :) 

Well, that's intriguing. I'll have to do some ribbon-awarding to see what this is about :)

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Actually, it makes sense.  If the parachutes were deployed, and THEN he ran out of fuel, it could be argued that there  weren't any REMAINING undeployed parachutes.

If this is so, then @Nereid you need to check to see if there are any deployed and active parachutes

Well... I really can't remember what the check exactly does. And I'm a bit to lazy to check it now. ;) 

On 12/24/2019 at 5:56 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Actually, it makes sense.  If the parachutes were deployed, and THEN he ran out of fuel, it could be argued that there  weren't any REMAINING undeployed parachutes.

If this is so, then @Nereid you need to check to see if there are any deployed and active parachutes

Just checked this: FF tets for active parachutes (even cut parachutes) and if there is any on the vessel, then the crew do not qualify for the ribbon.

code:

// no EVA
            if (current.IsEVA) return false;
            // check vessel
            if (current.Origin == null) return false;
            // landed?
            if (!current.IsLandedOrSplashed) return false;
            // situation has to change from non-landed to landed (prelaunch wont count)
            if (previous.IsLandedOrSplashed || previous.IsPrelaunch) return false;
            // scan Vessel
            VesselScan scan = current.ScanVessel();
            // check fuel
            double pct = scan.GetResourcePercentage(Constants.RESOURCE_NAME_LIQUID_FUEL);
            // no tanks or enough fuel left?
            if (double.IsNaN(pct) || pct*100 > value) return false;
            // deployed parachutes?
            if (scan.deployedParachutes > 0 || scan.semiDeployedParachutes > 0) return false;
            // cut or active parachutes?
            if (scan.activeParachutes > 0 || scan.cutParachutes > 0) return false;
            //
            return true;

PS: The method ScanVessel does not scan the vessel every time for every check. It's checked only once and cached for further checks, because it's an expensive operation (it has to iterate over all parts of the vessel).

Edited by Nereid

A couple of pages ago, @Nereid, someone was offering to get onboard with FF. Not that I'm trying to give you a shove, but if you're thinking of moving on, can you orient them to this so that they can pick up the torch when you do go? They could probably help with cleaning up, if you're not keen. :)

Edited by SmarterThanMe

On 12/28/2019 at 4:51 AM, VoidSquid said:

Odd, CKAN still doesn't show 1.8.1-3479.

Bad times for updates. Some may just enjoy their holydays.

But just unzip the zip from spacedock into GameData and all is fine.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 11:44 PM, BezKartuza said:

Hey. I have a few simple questions:
1. Achievements are issued automatically after the completion of the mission?
2. Can I automate? (if the previous answer is no)
3. Is there a Russian language?
4. Will there be a Russian language? (if the previous answer is no)

1. Yes.  It's also possible to issue awards manually.

3.  Not that I'm aware of.  Not yet (see below)

4.  There could be if you contribute to it :P.  I'm sure Nereid would take a Pull Request on GitHub (https://github.com/Nereid42/FinalFrontier).

Edited by Brigadier
Corrrected the link

I have a desire to translate this wonderful mod into Russian. But I do not understand how this can be done. Having opened the file "language.en-us" (folder "Translations") in notepad, I realized that there is not all the text. Or I don’t understand something.

Do not throw liquided rags at me if I seem too dumb: D
I can not program. But i really want this mod to be in Russian too.

P.S. github link not working. works. this was my browser problem.

Edited by BezKartuza

• 1 month later...

Hello all !
I started work on add support localization for FinalFrontier mod.
Now I extract the hard coded text messages from sources into locale files.

I have plan to support translation for Russian and English languages. 

I invite people who want to took part in translation the FinalFrontier mod to different languages.

forked project on GitHub: https://github.com/Voldemar123/FinalFrontier/

localization support based on KSDev Localization Tool

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to remove a ribbon after a Kerbal has earned one? I see a way to blacklist ribbons you don't want to be earned, and I see a way to awards new ribbons through the UI, but I don't see a function to remove a ribbon once it is earned and blacklisting them doesn't make them disappear. I didn't see anything editable in my persistent file or the mod folder either (though I might have missed it).

Edited by Avera9eJoe

14 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I didn't see anything editable in my persistent file

search for HallOfFameScenarioModule and match the ribbon code using the key (accessible through the options window I think? Can't recall it's there somewhere) then just delete that ENTRY{}

3 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

search for HallOfFameScenarioModule and match the ribbon code using the key (accessible through the options window I think? Can't recall it's there somewhere) then just delete that ENTRY{}

Thank you! I hoped I had missed something :)

Edited by Avera9eJoe

On 2/28/2020 at 6:08 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

Is there a way to remove a ribbon after a Kerbal has earned one? I see a way to blacklist ribbons you don't want to be earned, and I see a way to awards new ribbons through the UI, but I don't see a function to remove a ribbon once it is earned and blacklisting them doesn't make them disappear. I didn't see anything editable in my persistent file or the mod folder either (though I might have missed it).

There's also a way to do this through the GUI. In the main FF window, click "Config", then pick "Revocation of ribbons enabled". There will now be a "Revocation" button next to the "Award Ribbon" button.

Be careful, as revoking a leveled ribbon (e.g., G forces or flight experience) will revoke all versions of the ribbon. If you need more control, you'll have to go through the save file.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.