[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

853 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

6 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Does anyone know if this breaks saves in 1.9? CKAN only lists it for 1.8.1, but before testing it I just want to make sure it wont corrupt anything (I'm not used to using mods for older versions in unsupported news versions of any game,srry if I'm over-reacting)

If you mean does it break a save when adding it to an existing save, I don't believe so (but I have no first hand experience with 1.9), but ribbons will not be added retroactively (it can't go through your save to determine if any ribbon criteria have been met because most of that info is just not saved anywhere).  You would have to add them manually.  FF is really meant to be use from the start of a career save.

I would seriously consider making a backup of your 1.9 save, install FF and see for yourself...just to be sure :D

19 hours ago, Brigadier said:

If you mean does it break a save when adding it to an existing save, I don't believe so (but I have no first hand experience with 1.9), but ribbons will not be added retroactively (it can't go through your save to determine if any ribbon criteria have been met because most of that info is just not saved anywhere).  You would have to add them manually.  FF is really meant to be use from the start of a career save.

I would seriously consider making a backup of your 1.9 save, install FF and see for yourself...just to be sure :D

Ok thxs!

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, reaction_wheel said:

The FF stock toolbar button seems to be missing for me in 1.9.1. Any ideas what's going on? I really enjoy playing with this mod.

See the link in my sig block below for some guidance on problem reporting.  Posting a link to your log file would be worth a try so we can see what might be going on.  FF is not currently listed as compatible with 1.9+.

5 hours ago, Brigadier said:
18 hours ago, reaction_wheel said:

The FF stock toolbar button seems to be missing for me in 1.9.1. Any ideas what's going on? I really enjoy playing with this mod.

See the link in my sig block below for some guidance on problem reporting.  Posting a link to your log file would be worth a try so we can see what might be going on.  FF is not currently listed as compatible with 1.9+.

Just FYI, while FF is not listed as compatible, I am using it in 1.9.1 and have had no issues regarding FF. The stock toolbar icon is there, and my crew get their ribbons awarded as expected.

11 minutes ago, Corax said:

Just FYI, while FF is not listed as compatible, I am using it in 1.9.1 and have had no issues regarding FF. The stock toolbar icon is there, and my crew get their ribbons awarded as expected.

I'm sure it's working for you, and most mods can probably handle the update to KSP 1.9.  It's good to know for reaction_wheel since he/she has some evidence that playing with FF installed is possible.  There may be interactions with other mods that are causing this problem.

58 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

I'm sure it's working for you, and most mods can probably handle the update to KSP 1.9.  It's good to know for reaction_wheel since he/she has some evidence that playing with FF installed is possible.  There may be interactions with other mods that are causing this problem.

Exactly. This isn't about the mod working for me, but letting reaction_wheel know that this mod can indeed work with 1.9.

I don't know the way he used to install it, but (again, only reporting what worked for me) it worked flawlessly via CKAN, after I set KSP-1.8 as compatible (Settings -> Compatible KSP versions). Another way of installing via CKAN would be via the right-hand side "Versions" tab and selecting specifically Final Frontier 1.8.1-3479; that way, CKAN doesn't show any other mods as compatible.

Seeing that FF doesn't have any dependencies, it might be worth simply trying a clean install, manually or using CKAN...

EDIT:

PS.: You suggested to "See the link in my signature" which without doubt is helpful, but again, just to let you know, I don't see anybody's signatures in this forum, so I can only assume there are others that can't see your link either.

Edited by Corax
No signatures for me in this forum

I took some inspiration from these replies, and did some experimenting. It appears that I have KSP-AVC installed (pulled in via CKAN by some other mod, I think). I had _not_ gone through and set the KSP version compatibility in the AVC GUI on the title screen. This, I think, did not used to matter -- but I enabled the necessary versions to proclaim compatibility with all my installed mods, FinalFrontier included -- and voilà.

FF works great for me on 1.9.1 now. In case anyone else asks -- make sure you have compatibility enabled for FinalFrontier in Addon Version Checker. if you have it installed.

45 minutes ago, reaction_wheel said:

I took some inspiration from these replies, and did some experimenting. It appears that I have KSP-AVC installed (pulled in via CKAN by some other mod, I think). I had _not_ gone through and set the KSP version compatibility in the AVC GUI on the title screen. This, I think, did not used to matter -- but I enabled the necessary versions to proclaim compatibility with all my installed mods, FinalFrontier included -- and voilà.

FF works great for me on 1.9.1 now. In case anyone else asks -- make sure you have compatibility enabled for FinalFrontier in Addon Version Checker. if you have it installed.

That is actually a good point–I never bothered to see whether (Mini)AVC might get installed along with FF, since my launch script automatically deletes any and all instances of MiniAVC automatically, and has been doing so successfully for the last few years, so it didn't even occur to me that there might be something going on with it. I mean, people even write mods dedicated to get rid of it (kudos to them, although it's something I never fully understood since a simple $ find can do the same job reliably, and without the need for yet another mod).

Glad you figured it out for your install and got it working, and thanks for reporting your findings. FF is one of the mods I consider an essential part of my KSP experience.

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been asked before but I've searched the thread and can't find a solution.

Is it possible to edit the custom ribbons included in the base version of this mod? For instance the 10 ribbons labelled 'custom 1-10' or the ribbon labelled 'custom station'.

In some of the expansions I have for this mod it is very obvious how to do it as there is a specific config file but there doesn't seem to be a corresponding file in @Nereid's base version. Any editing I've done has just broken the ribbons in the game (e.g. ribbon name present in list of all ribbons but blank space where ribbon should be).

Thanks in advance if anyone has a solution to this.

• 4 weeks later...

Short answer, I reckon it's possible, although I haven't tried myself. If you have to ask, I'm inclined to say "no".

AFAICT from a quick glance, Final Frontier's data is all contained in each save's persistent.sfs file, in the HallOfFameScenarioModule scenario. Of course, you'd also need to copy the entire crew roster from FLIGHTSTATE for it to make sense, but would probably want to leave out most of the rest of it, except for FLIGHTSTATE{UT=numberofsecondssincegamestart} to manually adjust the game epoch forward to match the (past) history of your crew for any time stamps to make sense.

Likely you'll also need the entire SCENARIO{name=ProgressTracking …} block to carry over any world first achievements that might otherwise possibly result in duplicate badge awards.

FlightTrackerScenario and ScenarioAchievements also look as if they might be likely candidates, although I'm not certain whether those are stock or come from some mod or other.

Speaking of mods, depending on which you have, had or have no longer installed, data between them might need to be transferred or invented as well to avoid inconsistencies... things like Kerbalism, KeepFit, USI MKS, EarnYourStripes etc., that in any way shape or form modify Kerbals, or otherwise record data about them.

Like I said, should be possible, but whether it's simple or even sensible is another question entirely.

Edited by Corax

7 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Quick question, is it somehow possible to port or copy/paste the roster history in a 1.6.1 career save to a 1.8.1 career save? If so, how?

if by "roster" you mean your crew's FF history (there is actually a ROSTER node in the save file) then just copy the HallOfFameScenarioModule to your new save. Everything FF tracks for achievements is done in there

17 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

if by "roster" you mean your crew's FF history (there is actually a ROSTER node in the save file) then just copy the HallOfFameScenarioModule to your new save. Everything FF tracks for achievements is done in there

Great! Do I somehow have to re-hire and re-name the crew first? Or will copying over the roster node take care of all of this at once?

3 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Great! Do I somehow have to re-hire and re-name the crew first? Or will copying over the roster node take care of all of this at once?

TBH just make a backup and try to load your save in 1.8.1. KSP has an internal upgrade mechanism for save files. If it can do so, it will not show any red text in the save file slot when you go to load it in 1.8.1 and allow you to load it. If not then yes, copying over the ROSTER node will do the job of moving over all your crew

On 5/14/2020 at 2:22 PM, Drew Kerman said:

TBH just make a backup and try to load your save in 1.8.1. KSP has an internal upgrade mechanism for save files. If it can do so, it will not show any red text in the save file slot when you go to load it in 1.8.1 and allow you to load it. If not then yes, copying over the ROSTER node will do the job of moving over all your crew

Ok, sounds good. One last question, if I may. Where do I find this ROSTER node? The persistent file? (Really appreciate your help, btw). 

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed 1.8.1 to get back in with some mods, only using CKAN for my sanity.

Was OPM support for this mod lost at some point? Couldn't see the ribbons in either mod folder so copied them in from an old save I had. No idea if it'll work.

Edited by Deathninja

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 6:42 PM, Deathninja said:

Just installed 1.8.1 to get back in with some mods, only using CKAN for my sanity.

Was OPM support for this mod lost at some point? Couldn't see the ribbons in either mod folder so copied them in from an old save I had. No idea if it'll work.

No, but it's fairly straightforward to make this for yourself. Simply make versions of the ribbons along the naming system for the existing planets.

On 5/27/2020 at 1:42 AM, Deathninja said:

OPM still has official FF support, but it's not included in the CKAN download (or as a separate pack, last I checked). You can download the ribbons manually from https://github.com/Poodmund/Outer-Planets-Mod/.

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere, I cannot find it.

I took a large crew to minmus, landed, planted a flag, launched, and redocked in orbit, broke kerbin SOI then returned home.

For some reason Valentina was the only one awarded the various "first time" ribbons. I thought the whole crew was supposed to get those, or at least the "I did that too" version of the ribbons? Is there a way to award them the appropriate ribbons after the fact?

Edited by Smurfalot

10 hours ago, Smurfalot said:

Is there a way to award them the appropriate ribbons after the fact?

open the hall of fame window, click on the kerbal name, in the upper right corner above the ribbon box you'll see a button to award a ribbon

8 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

open the hall of fame window, click on the kerbal name, in the upper right corner above the ribbon box you'll see a button to award a ribbon

Tried that, but it is not showing any ribbons used in the actual game, just templates and custom ribbons and the search function appears to be broken.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.