[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

I love you; I requested this almost exact thing a couple months ago. Thank you!

A possible suggestion: could you please add an option to hide all of the dead kerbals? I appear to have quite a few...

I'm planning to add some buttons for filtering already. That's why there is still plenty of space on the right of the hall of fame. :cool:

I'm planning to add some buttons for filtering already. That's why there is still plenty of space on the right of the hall of fame. :cool:

Excellent! I had another idea, perhaps you could add the ability to add notes to kerbals? You could type a sentence or two about your favourite kerbals and be able to see it when you look at the list.

Excellent! I had another idea, perhaps you could add the ability to add notes to kerbals? You could type a sentence or two about your favourite kerbals and be able to see it when you look at the list.

Notes would be a little bit trickier. But we will see. I would have to write this in another file. Currently I'm writing into saves/<game>/halloffame.ksp only.

PS: To the right hand side of the name for each kerbal is a colored button. Green indicates an active kerbal, red a dead kerbal. In a future version a blue button will indicate a kerbal currently on a mission.

Edited by Nereid

Notes would be a little bit trickier. But we will see. I would have to write this in another file. Currently I'm writing into saves/<game>/halloffame.ksp only.

PS: To the right hand side of the name for each kerbal is a colored button. Green indicates an active kerbal, red a dead kerbal. In a future version a blue button will indicate a kerbal currently on a mission.

I'm a klutz when it comes to programming, so I don't feel like I would be much help :P

Looking forward to the blue button though!

It's an awesome idea, and I like to see all kinds of mods that allow for kerbals to have their own 'self'.

I think that you should have all of the text customizable through a cfg. This includes the 'Final Frontier Hall of Fame' title, Ribbons title, ribbon titles, and ribbon descriptions. The reason is mainly for our own customization and immersion, but also to fix your typos. It will also allow language edits.

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, or you've already implemented it, but repeating the same missions should award "notches" on your ribbons. I don't really know what it's called, but for example instead of rewarding the same ribbons you'd just keep the one ribbon and add little icons that accumulate on it to represent how many counts it has.

I think that you should have all of the text customizable through a cfg. This includes the 'Final Frontier Hall of Fame' title, Ribbons title, ribbon titles, and ribbon descriptions. The reason is mainly for our own customization and immersion, but also to fix your typos. It will also allow language edits.

FF is still some kind of 'proof of concept'. But a config file would make a lot things easier, so perhaps I will implement this in the next few days.

I will be away on business until the mid of next week, so don't expect any major updates in the near future. But not so hard task like a config file may be possible.

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, or you've already implemented it, but repeating the same missions should award "notches" on your ribbons. I don't really know what it's called, but for example instead of rewarding the same ribbons you'd just keep the one ribbon and add little icons that accumulate on it to represent how many counts it has.

This is a little difficult. The event system of KSP triggers FF on any change in the flight. I keep track of the previous vessel state but even then: just entering an orbit (for example), leaving it and doing this over and over again will give a kerbal the ribbon multiple times. I could prevent this only by counting a ribbon once a mission (i.e. until a vessel is recovered), but this would take some work in the code.

suggtestion: rank system, so you can make jeb to major jeb or general jeb :D

or keep it simple as a input field, so everybody can set a rank individually.

I've been thinking about the rank system, too. But its a bit out of the scope of FF at the moment.

Edited by Nereid

Updated to 0.1.5:

- fixed some typos

- added a new ribbon: first kerbal in space (will not be rewarded backwards!)

If you want to give the "first kerbal in space" ribbon in a ongoing game to another kerbal, just edit the halloffame.ksp in your save game folder: find the line "999999.999999 S1 Your kerbal" and change the name of "Your Kerbal" to another one. "999999.999999" is just a placeholder for a KSP-Timestamp.

This mod looks great! Any idea if it is compatible with the realism overhaul mods (realistic solar system, etc.)?

It only checks the state of the active vessel. So it should be compatible with any kind of mod.

Well, thank you for the kind feedback. If you have any idea for ribbons or even better: if can create some yourself, feel free to let me know.

BTW: if somebody is able to create graphics for the ribbons (or medals in the future) just tell me. :)

I'm still planing to use the graphics from Unistrut, but he wasn't online in this forum since dec-19-2014. Until then we have to use my graphics.