[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

I have found the bug that caused the multiple First Kerbal in Space ribbons. I will upload a temporary fix in a few minutes to Spaceport. Unfortunately this fix is build on my notebook with a slightly experimental codebase, so other issues may occur. To be honest, I dont expect other issues but I will release a finally correct version tomorrow.

The version is 0.1.5c

This hotfix will remove all multiple ribbons, too (only the first arwarded ribbon will remain).

Edited by Nereid

Good thing because Bill got 38 (!) Splashdown ribbons ...

The bug was not ribbon specific. So any ribbon was affected. Just load in 0.15c and save. This is a hotfix, so its not fully tested. Tomorrow I will build ans upload 0.1.6.

How do I change how many missions my kerbal has done? I uninstalled the old version with the halloffame because Jeb had like 57 splashdown ribbons. I had like 12 missions with him but it says 3 because I installed the new version. How would I edit how much missions I've done?

In your saves directory, find the halloffame.ksp, and open it in a text editor, add..

11111.111111111 L+ Jebediah Kerman
11111.111111111 M+ Jebediah Kerman

at the beginning of the file for every mission you want to add.

I'm not sure if the L+ line is required, but thats how missions are logged normally so it can't hurt to follow syntax.

Disclaimer: I don't know if this messes anything up, its just how I got my file to work.

In your saves directory, find the halloffame.ksp, and open it in a text editor, add..

I'm not sure if the L+ line is required, but thats how missions are logged normally so it can't hurt to follow syntax.

Disclaimer: I don't know if this messes anything up, its just how I got my file to work.

Thanks it worked :)

There are ribbons awarded for x flight hours.

Suggestion, It seems in order to get an EVA ribbon around a body, you must also be in a stable orbit. Most of my initial Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus EVA's are done on flyby's(or my first suborbital hop) where I don't enter a stable orbit. This seems like a fairly pointless restriction, unless its needed in the check to find out what your EVA'ing around.

the problem of this is...

it'll always be Jebediah Kerman getting ALL the ribbons unless you suck and manage to kill him. (or you decide to imprison him in a space station)

Or you could have more than one ongoing mission at a given time (ex: send a resupply mission to the Mun base while the Jool express is entering Joolian orbit).

I offer that the description for the ribbons for EVA on Kerbin be changed. The current 'Kerbin Surface EVA" and "awarded for taking footsteps on Kerbin" seems a little incorrect. Surely they are not the fist to walk on their own planet. I suggest ' Kerbin Surface Science Exploration' and 'awarded for Scientific Exploration of Kerbin" or something to that effect. This can also include the award for first time although that implies that no Kerbal had ever done that before now but since we are dealing with Kerbals I could understand where they have been too busy with other stuff or have just got around to doing this.

This should work. The L+ designates a launch. The mission time is calculated this way: time between last L+ and M+.

the problem of this is...

it'll always be Jebediah Kerman getting ALL the ribbons unless you suck and manage to kill him. (or you decide to imprison him in a space station)

Use kerbal crew manifest and change the crew before every launch. KSP could really use a random assignment function though.

There are ribbons awarded for x flight hours.

Suggestion, It seems in order to get an EVA ribbon around a body, you must also be in a stable orbit. Most of my initial Kerbin, Mun, and Minmus EVA's are done on flyby's(or my first suborbital hop) where I don't enter a stable orbit. This seems like a fairly pointless restriction, unless its needed in the check to find out what your EVA'ing around.

I will add two other ribbons for those EVA not in a stable orbit. They will be superseded by earning those while in a stable orbit.

Currently I'm merging the fix into the main branch. I will test it tomorrow; if time allows the new ribbons will be included.

Double ribbons are fixed in the .5c version. BUT, however you removed the duplicate ribbons are also removing valid duplicate ribbons (3 man pod enters orbit first, all 3 get ribbon).

The first Time I loaded up after updating only 1 of the three kerbals had the first in space ribbon, when all 3 entered together. Maybe check based on timestamp?

Double ribbons are fixed in the .5c version. BUT, however you removed the duplicate ribbons are also removing valid duplicate ribbons (3 man pod enters orbit first, all 3 get ribbon).

The first Time I loaded up after updating only 1 of the three kerbals had the first in space ribbon, when all 3 entered together. Maybe check based on timestamp?

Maybe. This was a hotfix to prevent the spaming of the ribbons. I couldn't really do better tests on my notebook, because its way to slow. I think tomorrow at 20:00-22:00 GMT I will be able to release a version without those flaws.

Edit: The problem is, that multiple ribbons are awarded in a single transaction. But start and end of this transaction are not logged currently. So I have to check the timestamp and make sure that all timestamps in a transaction are different if I remove multiple awards during load. The good news: 0.1.5c doesn't delete any ribbons in the log. 0.1.6 will do this, so no ribbons are lost - hopefully.

Edited by Nereid

For some reason, saving the halloffame in my games fails; extract from my KSP.log:

[LOG 23:47:25.952] EventObserver:: OnGameStateSaved: Hakan (CAREER)
[LOG 23:47:25.954] saving hall of fame to saves/Hakan/halloffame.ksp
[LOG 23:47:25.956] writing Logbook to file saves/Hakan/halloffame.ksp
[LOG 23:47:25.959] writing hall of fame failed
[LOG 23:47:25.975] Game State Saved as persistent

The name of my game is identical with the directory name, the directory exists.. The file does not exist in my save directory (yet). Any Idea where I could look for why the save fails?

Yout could try this version: FinalFrontier0.1.5d. This issue should be solved in this version. But make a backup of your halloffame.ksp, because this version will permanently delete all multiple ribbons not earned correctly.

I have just done a few tests and all seems to be fine so far, but I will do some more testing tomorrow. I all issues are solved, I will upload 0.1.6 on Spaceport.