[1.10.0] Final Frontier - kerbal individual merits 1.10.0-3485

Nereid

KSP 1.1.0  

849 members have voted

1. 1. Is FinalFrontier working in KSP 1.1.0?

• Yes
    • No
    • It doesn't matter; this poll was just created to remove the outdated old one...

5 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Nereid I noticed a strange behavior with the ribbons. Let say that a kerbonaut executes an surface Eva ( not the first one but a subsequent one), he gets awarded the surface Eva ribbon for that planetary body. However, if he later gets in a rover, specifically ( first rover on same planetary system) his surface Eva ribbon disappears. I think this might be related to the ribbon prioritization module. I have the behavior repeat on stock plus for as well as a heavily modded install. I have seen this on the mun, and minmus

Tis is the expected behavior. Some ribbons are superseeding others. The reported behavior is an example: The ribbon for an EVA on ground is superseeded by the rover ribbon (because normaly you have to be on EVA before you enter a rover)

In this special example there is the situation that you can drive a rover without EVA from a lander and it may be unexpected that you will never get the EVA on ground ribbon. Therefore the decision I made maybe was not optimal.

Unfortunately FF doesn't have any gui to show what ribbon superseedes another and I do not have that much time at the moment.

3 hours ago, Nereid said:

Tis is the expected behavior. Some ribbons are superseeding others. The reported behavior is an example: The ribbon for an EVA on ground is superseeded by the rover ribbon (because normaly you have to be on EVA before you enter a rover)

In this special example there is the situation that you can drive a rover without EVA from a lander and it may be unexpected that you will never get the EVA on ground ribbon. Therefore the decision I made maybe was not optimal.

Unfortunately FF doesn't have any gui to show what ribbon superseedes another and I do not have that much time at the moment.

Thanks for the fast response, I have been using your mod for a long time and it was the first time I notice it. No worries and danke schon

1 hour ago, soundnfury said:

It appears ribbons in custom ribbon packs can't supersede other ribbons.  Is this intentional?

Yes. Superseding is hardcoded (unfortunately). And because custom ribbons are generic... :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to FF, and added it to a quite advanced safegame. Problem is: All my Kerbals have (at least in the eyes of FF) no merits whatsoever, despite planting flags on different bodies and so forth. 

Is there a way to force a scan over the safe file (permission is granted in the config menu), so all recorded merits are awarded properly?

1 hour ago, M3tal_Warrior said:

Hi, I'm new to FF, and added it to a quite advanced safegame. Problem is: All my Kerbals have (at least in the eyes of FF) no merits whatsoever, despite planting flags on different bodies and so forth. 

Is there a way to force a scan over the safe file (permission is granted in the config menu), so all recorded merits are awarded properly?

Unfortunately no, as most of what ribbons are awarded for aren't recorded in the save file.  (Unless FF is installed, as it records them.)

5 hours ago, DStaal said:

Unfortunately no, as most of what ribbons are awarded for aren't recorded in the save file.  (Unless FF is installed, as it records them.)

Well, I hoped some stuff could be parsed, like the career log:

Spoiler

CAREER_LOG
            {
                flight = 4
                0 = Flight,Kerbin
                0 = Land,Kerbin
                0 = Suborbit,Kerbin
                0 = Escape,Kerbin
                0 = Flyby,Sun
                0 = Orbit,Sun
                0 = ExitVessel,Sun
                0 = BoardVessel,Sun
                0 = Flyby,Kerbin
                0 = Recover...

And there still is the progress tracking section:

Spoiler

SCENARIO
    {
        name = ProgressTracking
        scene = 7, 8, 5
        Progress
        {
            FirstLaunch
            {
                completed = 94.519999999998305
            }
            FirstCrewToSurvive
            {
                completed = 262.42000000005203
                crew
                {
                    crews = Jebediah Kerman
                }
            }
            ReachedSpace
            {
                completed = 3521.0199999971001
                vessel
                {
                    name = Untitled Space Craft
                    flag = Squad/Flags/retro
                }
                crew
                {
                    crews = Jebediah Kerman
                }
            }
            POIKerbinKSC2
            {
                completed = 5452998.272807274
                vessel
                {
                    name = F-103A HALOR
                    flag = Squad/Flags/retro
                }
                crew
                {
                    crews = Bob Kerman, Jebediah Kerman
                }
            }
            Sun
            {
                reached = 4449136.8830625666
                Orbit
                {
                    completed = 4449136.8830625666
                    vessel
                    {
                        name = Sunbath I
                        flag = Squad/Flags/retro
                    }
                    crew
                    {
                        crews = Jebediah Kerman, Nathanael Kerman, Bob Kerman
                    }
                }
                Escape
                {
                    completedManned = 4449746.8230489334
                }
                Science
                {
                    completed = 4912514.9671656108
                    vessel
                    {
                        name = Sunbath I
                        flag = Squad/Flags/retro
                    }
                    crew
                    {
                        crews = Bob Kerman, Jebediah Kerman, Nathanael Kerman
                    }
                }
                Spacewalk
                {
                    completed = 4449184.5430615013
                    crew
                    {
                        crews = Bob Kerman
                    }
                }
                ReturnFromOrbit
                {
                    completed = 4912449.8071670672
                    vessel
                    {
                        name = Sunbath I
                        flag = Squad/Flags/retro
                    }
                    crew
                    {
                    }
                }
                Flyby
                {
                    completed = 4449136.8830625666
                }
                ReturnFromFlyBy
                {
                    completed = 4912449.8071670672
                    vessel
                    {
                        name = Sunbath I
                        flag = Squad/Flags/retro
                    }
                    crew
                    {
                    }
                }
            }

Thought it'd be able to read that stuff at least. I mean, would've been nice and might be an idea for the future - that is, if @Nereid has too much time on his hands :wink:

Nevermind, thanks a lot. I might just start anew - or not. Let's see... :) 

Edited by M3tal_Warrior

37 minutes ago, M3tal_Warrior said:

Nevermind, thanks a lot. I might just start anew - or not. Let's see... :) 

you can also add the ribbons yourself. The format is pretty simple, I detailed it a few pages back and the codes are all listed in the Config window with the Browse Ribbon Codes button

3 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

you can also add the ribbons yourself. The format is pretty simple, I detailed it a few pages back and the codes are all listed in the Config window with the Browse Ribbon Codes button

Thanks, that's what I planned for the moment. It's just a little hard with about 60 employees, but hey, I'm a Linux user, I'm familiar with fiddling around in config files :wink:

Edit: What I don't get is why the mod uses two ENTRY statements just to count a mission, instead of just reading out the flight log number of the Kerbal. It's 14 additional lines of code per mission spamming the save file unnecessarily. One might want to reconsider that.

Edited by M3tal_Warrior

Recently I noticed a minor format problem in FF. Some Ribbon descriptions are long. (Two I recall now, are "G-Force XX Ribbon" and the "XX% Solid Fuel Booster Ribbon")

The display shown when the Ribbons are Awarded after recovery is not wide enough so that the end of the text cant be seen. (Text exceeds FF Window Width)

Maybe the text can be set to allow wrapping? or the window widened?

On the other hand, I do see that the main FF Window, when mousing over Ribbons that All of the text is visible. (That window is wider than the Recovery window)

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, thanks for the great mod first of all @Nereid!! I can only image how much work this is at all...

I just wanted to report a problem whose origin I do not know up to now but it causes FF to spam up the logfiles in an endless loop and so also nearly freezes KSP.

It happens sometimes when I leave atmo at Earth (playing RSS,RO..). Could be related to when I have 4x time-acceleration and keep it while flying into space...
The game starts to simulate very slow and the logs show FF messages like:
FF: kerbal added: Ernest Hale
FF: hall of fame refreshed
FF: kerbal status change: Ernest Hale from Available to Assigned at time 35401160.5199481
..... in an endless loop.

Log files are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9a02bsarwcra5lw/AACgA6zM1EXppSEdJHFdZLDOa?dl=0
I know I run not the latest KSP version and a bunch of other mods, but maybe someone has an idea whats going on. 

1 hour ago, itsaps said:

Hello, thanks for the great mod first of all @Nereid!! I can only image how much work this is at all...

I just wanted to report a problem whose origin I do not know up to now but it causes FF to spam up the logfiles in an endless loop and so also nearly freezes KSP.

It happens sometimes when I leave atmo at Earth (playing RSS,RO..). Could be related to when I have 4x time-acceleration and keep it while flying into space...
The game starts to simulate very slow and the logs show FF messages like:
FF: kerbal added: Ernest Hale
FF: kerbal status change: Ernest Hale from Available to Assigned at time 35401160.5199481
..... in an endless loop.

Log files are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9a02bsarwcra5lw/AACgA6zM1EXppSEdJHFdZLDOa?dl=0
I know I run not the latest KSP version and a bunch of other mods, but maybe someone has an idea whats going on. 

Update: I tracked Research Bodies had the last action before the messages started, I removed the mod and it looks good now. Since I'm in love with RB I will try a few things now to get it running...
Sorry for the initial blame on your mod :wink:  

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Barcel said:

Could rescaled Kerbin have something to do with it?

No. I play at 2.5 and 6.4 scale and have no issues. Make sure you have it installed correctly. You should have an Nereid folder in your GameData. 

Edited by Galileo

Hello,

Last week I did a fresh install and updated to 1.3.1.  I got everything working except FF.  I got mostly everything from CKAN but had to manually load a few of these.  FF being one of them.  I thought it was not working but from reading these post it sounds like it is working for others with 1.3.1.

I did notice I had a couple of mods not show their window in the game and I did find them it in the toolbar mod.

OK, so far this one is not working for me.  I think I tried both ways but now willing to ask.  Where am I supposed to put the FinalFrontier.dat file?  Do I put it in C:\Games\kerbal space program\GameData\Nereid\FinalFrontier folder or do I put it in the C:\Games\kerbal space program\GameData folder?  

I am trying to keep my ribbons from the 1.3 game I had before.  It appears it was in the GameData folder from the old one.

Any other suggestions to try next?

Thank you,

-Craig

11 hours ago, Craig D said:

Hello,

Last week I did a fresh install and updated to 1.3.1.  I got everything working except FF.  I got mostly everything from CKAN but had to manually load a few of these.  FF being one of them.  I thought it was not working but from reading these post it sounds like it is working for others with 1.3.1.

I did notice I had a couple of mods not show their window in the game and I did find them it in the toolbar mod.

OK, so far this one is not working for me.  I think I tried both ways but now willing to ask.  Where am I supposed to put the FinalFrontier.dat file?  Do I put it in C:\Games\kerbal space program\GameData\Nereid\FinalFrontier folder or do I put it in the C:\Games\kerbal space program\GameData folder?  

I am trying to keep my ribbons from the 1.3 game I had before.  It appears it was in the GameData folder from the old one.

Any other suggestions to try next?

Thank you,

-Craig

@Craig D I did an install of Finial Frontier for KSP 1.3.0 and the FinalFrontier.dat file goes into the Gamedata folder. I will test FF out for KSP 1.3.1 and will post here if, it works.

2 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

@Nereid is there a guide on how to create your own custom ribbons?

Not a guide, but you can replace a graphic files in GameData/Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons as you like. At this point all ribbons are hardcoded in the source, but you can replace all CustomNN.png files.

11 hours ago, Nereid said:

Not a guide, but you can replace a graphic files in GameData/Nereid/FinalFrontier/Ribbons as you like. At this point all ribbons are hardcoded in the source, but you can replace all CustomNN.png files.

Replace,  but not create new ones?

Edit: I mean,  create entirelly new ribbons?  I tried,  but it seems there is a fixes number of ribbons already. I am not sure about changing a ribbons stats too (name and description).

Edited by Daniel Prates

10 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Replace,  but not create new ones?

Edit: I mean,  create entirelly new ribbons?  I tried,  but it seems there is a fixes number of ribbons already. I am not sure about changing a ribbons stats too (name and description).

Yes. There is currently no way to add new ones.