Aviation freaks, unite!

jmiki8

Living across the street from a small airport for almost all my life certainly did it's toll on me. It's cool watching small craft take off and land right from my front yard, especially when they go up for skydiving sessions. As soon as I'm done with college next year (and as soon as I get my horrible vision corrected :confused:) I certainly plan on getting my PPL as soon as possible. I've already had about a year and a half of experience interning at an aerospace engineering contractor and I hope to turn that into my future career :).

Cool! You are one really fortunate man! :D The closest busier airport is too far from me (~10 km), it's actually on the other side of the city, so it takes like 1-2hrs to get there. My only option to see aircraft near my home is the "contrail spotting". I have a camera with decent zoom at least, so I can take close-up photos of them.

I've been always thinking of learning something connected to aviation, but the recent (it was exactly 2 years ago) bankruptcy of our flag carrier Malév has left me with no possibilities. ;.;

College and the economy have unfortunately kept me out of anything but the digital cockpit, I've been flying around in IL-2 Sturmovik since it came out though, and been flying with ultrapack since 2011. Closest airport is a private field, so not much air traffic, although, Selfridge ANG base is in reasonable driving distance and A-10s can sometimes be seen (and heard) high overhead.

When I'm older and have a nice camera, my friend and I are planning on going spotting at YMML (Melbourne Intl). A388, B744, A333 and B763 come regularly, and hopefully soon, A359. Can't wait until they enter service.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.