Who's Your Favourite Kerbal?

zaky133

Excluding Jeb, Bill & Bob. Who is your favourite Kerbal, maybe include a bit of backstory.

My favourite is Sigfrid Kerman, he is commander of all my space shuttle satelite launches. I call him 'Satelite Sigfrid'. Inventive, I know :D

Newbles Kerman. He's the commander of my Modular Munbase and he's persevered through more screwups than I can count. He's overseen base construction, miraculously managed to save the base control module when it tipped over on landing with only minor damage to the comms dish, salvaged supply crates when the pallet they were sitting on spontaneously exploded and scattered them over a 500 meter radius, towed spacecraft wreckage over the Munar hills, jerry-rigged a crew transport rover when one of the robotic base crawlers flipped and lost its docking node, and I hear he's even beaten Jeb at low-gravity Ping-Pong once or twice.

I have two I'm kind of attached to.

Sonbin Kerman was my Mun Exploration expert. He bounced from biome to biome collecting massive science. Halfred did the same thing, but for Minmus. Since I was with them for so many missions, I've grown attached to them. Or, as a famous android might remark, "I have become accustomed to their presence."

Right now, Halfred is commanding my Farscape One station, and Sonbin is awaiting my Jool-5 mothership to be ready for crew.

Wehrwin Kerman.

Minmus explorer in 0.18, he was part of a three man expedition in a cart mod rover that covered much of its surface.

Then a test pilot who flew shuttle prototypes and participated in the "Cannon (not really) to orbit" program.

Now he's become a bit of a stuntman. I do things with him like returning from a space station via parachute, returning from my Minmus base via cannon, and returning from the Mun on the end of a single SRB.

I also quite like Danble, one of the original Duna expedition crew, now an operative of my base on Minmus. And Watsan, the star of an Eve exploration long term mission I've got going.

There is Corbin Kerman, my dedicated shuttle pilot. Some say he is a space-taxi driver.

Also Milnie, Ribwig and Danvey kerman. With Camrod, Orner and Fredsy, my scientists, they are the A team that carried all important missions since the end of Early Era. (where we lost Jeb, bill and bob...)

Definitely Lars Kerman. He has been my main without a single death failure since 0.17. First kerbal to every planet I visit without fail. Does make things a bit difficult since I run bone stock without any form of calculators, etc so I must plan meticulously just in case of accidental failure.

Archibald and Seanwise are my favourites. They are as crazy as Jeb and have the BadS tag so yeah... The both rode the death roller rover to the mun(it's exactly what you think) and widely grinned the whole way. Now the whole crew are on Duna and now the three are planning something.

Lt. Col. Ludorf Kerman.

Test and combat pilot, sailor, drummer, fisherman and an all-round top bloke.

Rally driver in his spare time, once won the Cape to KSC rally in his home-modified ute (pickup truck).

Seested Kerman.

My first kerbal to walk on the Mun on my sandbox save, when returning back to Kerbin, he spontaneously went to eve, then returned. But on returning, his command module's parachute cut off and killed him. But not for long.

I set up a memorial, naively thinking that he's gone for good. But he returned from the dead.

Anlan and Lenwise Kerman. Former Munbase crew, first crew to Duna, test pilots, two-man band, 1337 aircraft pilots and an inseperable pair. They're going to be joint commanders of my Laythe-Vall mission and both have a badS flag. Lenwise is also the only Kerbal to know when to yank the ejection handles. Which helps.

Gilkin Kerman. Will always be one of my favorites. His epic stubbornness and amazing talent in landing half-destroyed airplanes lead to one of those 'jump out of your chair and his YESSSS' moments in KSP. Gilkin is still chilling on Laythe after his adventure.

There's also Alfey Kerman, the first Kerman to be a part of the Kerb Kerman show. I parked him on the KSP runway so I wouldn't accidentally send him on a 'mission.'

Lastly, I have the twins, Billy-Bobur and Billy-Bobdo... they accomplished a couple of missions together but then I made the mistake of separating them... now Billy-Bobur is all the way out in orbit around Jool, making Bobdo very lonely.

Definitely Lars Kerman. He has been my main without a single death failure since 0.17. First kerbal to every planet I visit without fail. Does make things a bit difficult since I run bone stock without any form of calculators, etc so I must plan meticulously just in case of accidental failure.

Sounds like a Super-Kerman!

lemnon kerman. after being the first kerbal to the mun, and the first kerbal to minmus, i planted a flag on the top of the mountain in the middle of the below pictured ocean crater and named it Mt.Lemnon KerbinCraterElevation.jpg

I'd have to say Landred Kerman is my favorite. He's blessed with plenty of courage, very little stupidity and a little dose of badS. I chose him for my first Jool-return mission, which he carried out extremely well. He flew by Laythe and Vall before successfully returning to Kerbin.

He's currently onboard my Corvus II space station, which is destined to fly into Munar orbit. He's the unofficial Captain of the Corvus. (Jeb's the official captain.)

Lt. Col. Ludorf Kerman.

Test and combat pilot, sailor, drummer, fisherman and an all-round top bloke.

Rally driver in his spare time, once won the Cape to KSC rally in his home-modified ute (pickup truck).

Now that you mention it, our crews need ranks! Perhaps just give them a random chance of promotion after each mission (lower and lower chance the higher their rank is, should be close to 100% after the first one).

I have a few kerbals that i like except Jeb, Bill and Bob. Sonbles Kerman is usually testing my airplanes and Ally Kerman is testing my spaceplanes. Then we have the brothers Johnberry and Joeberry with their friend Jermore, who usually test my shuttle designs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.