[1.0.4][WIP][IVA,PLUGIN] ProbeControlRoom 1.0-beta10a - IVA All the things! - NotSoShaky

Tabakhase

I'm using it with KSP .24, MM 2.2, RPM 0.18, MJ 2.3, VV 0.5.1 and SCANsat 6.1 and it works fine, except the SCANsat map that only displays a black screen (with the overlay on the small desk screens).

By the way, does anyone else has the SCANsat problem? I don't really understand where it's coming from, as SCANsat works fine otherwise...

I'm using it with KSP .24, MM 2.2, RPM 0.18, MJ 2.3, VV 0.5.1 and SCANsat 6.1 and it works fine, except the SCANsat map that only displays a black screen (with the overlay on the small desk screens).

By the way, does anyone else has the SCANsat problem? I don't really understand where it's coming from, as SCANsat works fine otherwise...

Make sure there is no SCANsatRPM folder in GameData. SCANsat 6.1 has it built in and it says not to install the SCANsatRPM from any source.

There is no SCANsatRPM folder in my Gamedata folder.

The SCANsat map is displayed correctly on the SCANsat GUI (when you right click the parts) and on the default RPM MFDs (the screens that are added to the default pods when you install RPM), but not on the ProbeControlRoom screens...

This is strange, as the ProbeControlRoom page definition is exactly the same as the default RPM page...

This is strange, as the ProbeControlRoom page definition is exactly the same as the default RPM page...

It might be there's a ModuleManager patch floating around and messing things up.

Try this: https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacPartCfgLogger (check the releases tab)

This will let you dump all the config files right after ModuleManager has finished processing them.

I tried removing all mods and reinstalling only RPM + SCANsat + ProbeControlRoom, same situation, here is the .cfg file returned by the logger for the MapMonitor:

PROP

{

name = MapMonitor

MODULE

{

name = RasterPropMonitor

screenTransform = MapMonitorScreen

fontTransform = ProbeControlRoom/Props/images/MFDFont2

textureLayerID = _MainTex

screenWidth = 80

screenHeight = 180

screenPixelWidth = 700

screenPixelHeight = 350

fontLetterWidth = 8

fontLetterHeight = 16

cameraAspect = 1.48

needsElectricCharge = true

extraFont = JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Fonts/extraFont1

refreshDrawRate = 2

refreshTextRate = 10

refreshDataRate = 20

buttonClickSound = ProbeControlRoom/Props/beep

buttonClickVolume = 0.6

globalButtons = button_MINUS,button_PLUS,button_M,button_C, button_T

PAGE

{

name = pluginScanSAT

default = yes

textureURL = ProbeControlRoom/Props/images/nosignal

textureOverlayURL = ProbeControlRoom/Props/images/basicOverlay

disableSwitchingTo = left, right

BACKGROUNDHANDLER

{

name = JSISCANsatRPM

method = MapRenderer

buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor

pageActiveMethod = PageActive

buttonUp = 0

buttonDown = 1

buttonEnter = 2

buttonEsc = 3

buttonHome = 4

zoomModifier = 1

iconPixelSize = 16

iconShadowShift = 2

scaleBarPosition = 16,144

scaleBar = JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Textures/scalebar

scaleLabels = JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Library/Textures/scaleLabels

}

The only difference I see with the example is the use of the _MainTex textureLayerID, but I don't know if it's relevant.

The only difference I see with the example is the use of the _MainTex textureLayerID, but I don't know if it's relevant.

_MainTex is the default value of that parameter, so it isn't. Hmm...

Same problem here my friend, Alcor, RPM in stock cockpits all fine and displaying scansat happily with no issue.

No scansat rpm folders and using the latest versions of both.

In Probe control room, black screen (with vague brown lines?) on the main screen where scansat is by default and black screen with the overlay on the small monitors when selecting the scansat plugin.

Any ideas? anything i can do to assist in the bug squash? Love the work you do btw Mihara

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So how well is this behaving with .24.2? Its really fantastic to see what my original idea grew into and now that I've remembered it I'd love to pick it up again.

It works good, if not flawless in my experience. I had an incompatibility with scansat at one point and it crashed twice on startup. But considering how many addons I run and how many 24.2 hours I've clocked so far that's a pretty good track record.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't for the life of me find a way to integrate VesselView. ScanSat and mechjeb are visible in the plugin menus in the control room but VesselView is not. I am using the following versions:

Probe control room: 1.0-beta8a

VesselView: 0.6

Anyone has any idea of what I should do?

Thanks

I can't for the life of me find a way to integrate VesselView. ScanSat and mechjeb are visible in the plugin menus in the control room but VesselView is not. I am using the following versions:

Probe control room: 1.0-beta8a

VesselView: 0.6

Anyone has any idea of what I should do?

Thanks

It is cleverly hidden under B 4 instead of the usual plugins tab. Try looking there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi, i'm having a strange issue. Whenever i install PCR and RPM together and start timewarping, the ships get illuminated from one side, even tho it's in kerbins shadow. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I've made a few screenshots of it:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I've downloaded a fresh 0.25 install from Steam: build id = 00642 (running the 32bit edition)

Mods:

ModuleManager.2.5.1.dll

ProbeControlRoom-1.0-beta8a

RasterPropMonitor 0.18.3

To reproduce, just launch something with a probebody into orbit.

It does not happen if you just use a commandpod, and does not happen on the launchpad.

And it also doesn't happen with just PCR or RPM installed, you need both.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi, i'm having a strange issue. Whenever i install PCR and RPM together and start timewarping, the ships get illuminated from one side, even tho it's in kerbins shadow. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Huh, I thought it was some kind of stock bug. I've been having this issue too. When I remove ProbeControlRoom, it fixes the problem. Haven't tried just removing RPM, but I'll trust you that removing that would also fix the problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.