[1.0.4][WIP][IVA,PLUGIN] ProbeControlRoom 1.0-beta10a - IVA All the things! - NotSoShaky

Tabakhase

MOARdV's dll works, but a lot of stuff still doesn't work(at least for me).

Like the RPM navball, the graph and orbit screen.

There is a bug or something to do with the building upgrades in a sandbox all good but career you have to upgrade builds to show navball.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I love this mod. KSP has become a whole new game for me, now that I steer my probes from Kerbin instead of an imaginary cam in space.

I see the mods potential and would love to see the following implemented:

* Delete nodes - as far as my experience goes (1 month) the mod lets you make ndes to circulize, but if you do it manualy, or by remotetech 2, the node is still there with no option to delete it. Since so much else is implemented from MechJeb, I hope this is something that is quite easily to add.

* Homann transfer nodes - possible to transfer from MechJeb to this?

* dV visual on resource pages and/or orbit pages?

* Targets seem to automaticly being remove every now and then. No trouble, just annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Let it be known, this mod is incompatible with OKS/MKS because of how the station handles its IVA's

Any parts with kerbals in them WILL be broken after, thankfully removing this mod fixes the problem

What do you mean broken?

That incompatibility is a new one for me. More than likely you just need to patch out those parts from making use of the module used in this mod. Technically, though, any part with a command unit and space for kerbals, with an interior model, won't have a probe control room assigned to it. If the MKS/OKS parts don't have interiors, then that could be the problem.

Hm, thank you for the reports, I´ll look into this.

A first check in the MKS repo shows no changes that should break anything...

And my MM config should only affect crew=0 things anyway. :blush:

I will make sure that this keeps working with 1.0 however, just sooome more hours...

---

On a sidenote, a huge thanks to ensouensou for adding PCR support in his stunning ShipEffects Sound Mod: Dynamic Sound Effects!

As RPM got updated I tried PCR and everything is working as before. It wouldn't need any update if it wasn't for one (hilarious) thing : the control room wobbles as the vessel experiences stress, as kerbquake got "stock".

So basically yeah I laughed at first, but then I realised that if Squad didn't put a way to disable wobbles in IVA, this will be Really bad for this mod and I really can't do without it... :( But I don't think I could do with a wobbly control room either.

I checked if there were anything on this in the cfg files. Maybe I missed something but I cound't find anything related to camera in the stock internals cfg files. Our hope is the API.

But if the wobbly cam is hardcoded, we are screwed. I think the only way then would be to make the internal be "external" by manipulating the camera in external view like it's already been done in other mods, but yet it's a very costy solution as you couldn't use RPM and clicking on things in the external view doesn't seem as easy. (Actually I think it would take so much time to implement it's not even worth the result.) Well if I were you I'd ask very talented mod programmers who know the API what they think about all this. At the very least you could ask Squad to make the wobbly cam togglable for each internal by cfg but it is Very optimistic to say they would do this.

If nothing could work then meh, I'll do with the wobbles, but as the vessel sounds lowered the immersion already, wobbles will just kill it.

Edit :

I think you can safely ignore my worries. I checked KerbQuake source code and I think it will be easy to manipulate the internal camera. I let you check what's going on at line 824 of this file : KerbQuake.cs

I would have tried to patch PCR myself but I haven't time for it today. If you haven't done anything yourself I will try later this week.

Edited by Dexter9313

the control room wobbles as the vessel experiences stress, as kerbquake got "stock"

I kind of expected this to happen :huh:

KerbQuake got patched back then to "respect" PCR, but i dont see squad doing this for us anytime soon... :(

A QuickFix, if KerbQuake still works with 1.0, might be to disable the stock shaking (ty Gaiiden) via game's cfg file or the in-game settings - and then install KerbQuake to still get "some" shaking.

In the meantime will look into an actual fix...

Last I belive it could just use the settings controller and do some toggeling there.

On it...

Thanks Gaiiden, I was really too fast there and I missed a bunch of things.

The workaround should work for the moment but I think you can fix that while keeping the stock shakes if there is a cfg option to toggle it. The API should load this option somewhere, we just have to find where then toggle it properly. It doesn't seem too complicated, I can try if you want, Tabakhase. During that time I could also try to figure out how to shut the stock sound while in IVA. I think it will end to the option : disable every sound or keep it that way but at least we could start somewhere for this issue too.

Edit :

Bingo ! Everything is located in the static class GameSettings. I could probably throw a quick fix by tonight (if not, by sunday night). Not only can I stop the wobbles in IVA for PCR but I can stop the proper stock sounds too ! This mod should be better than it ever was if everything goes as expected. :)

Edited by Dexter9313

I've been looking at this too.

I've found

FlightCamera.cameraWobbleSensitivity but I can't get it to do anything useful but I suspect I'm just being thick. "FlightCamera.fetch.cameraWobbleSensitivity = 0;" did nothing that I could see.

and also these

GameSettings.FLT_CAMERA_WOBBLE

GameSettings.CAMERA_FX_EXTERNAL

GameSettings.CAMERA_FX_INTERNAL

GameSettings.CAMERA_FX_INTERNAL = 0; works but feels like a bit of a bodge to me. But hey, it works right!

Anyhow I have a dll that is working. By remembering the old CAMERA_FX_INTERNAL value in startIVA( ) and restoring it in stopIVA() I am able to use the "c" key to bounce between a rock solid probe control room and a wobbly chase camera.

Am I going to annoy anyone if I zip this up and release it?

- - - Updated - - -

Change is on my GitHub

https://github.com/thewebbooth/KSP-ProbeControlRoom

This file https://github.com/thewebbooth/KSP-ProbeControlRoom/blob/master/ProbeControlRoom/ProbeControlRoom.cs

You beat me by an hour Z-Key but looking at your code, you will have a bug when reverting to launch from IVA, the camera wobbles will be disabled forever for every IVA. I managed to track a few bugs ahead and even better : disable vessel sound as well.

You can check my code if you want but anyway I did a pull request to Tabakhase.

My pull request

Hopefully Tabakhase, you'll just have to compile, test and release.

Modifying game settings can lead to a few problem but I will let others find a more elegant solution if there exists one. There still a few bugs I know that are listed in my commit description but I don't know if we could ever fix them.

You guys... :cool: <3

On sound:

- I think in that way PCR would bug with ShipEffects Sound Mod: Dynamic Sound Effects that "should be used instead" (seems to be ok with 1.0)

But I think I´ll merge it in as a toggle in the cfg/autodetect thanks!

On the wobble:

- I´ll spice this up with some remembering to hopefully get the settings recovery clean

On the fix:

Am I going to annoy anyone if I zip this up and release it?

bugfix.dll + source + licensefiles - I like

A full build with assets and stuff I´ll throw up tonight/tomorrow :wink:

Thanks!

You guys... :cool: <3

On sound:

- I think in that way PCR would bug with ShipEffects Sound Mod: Dynamic Sound Effects that "should be used instead" (seems to be ok with 1.0)

But I think I´ll merge it in as a toggle in the cfg/autodetect thanks!

On the wobble:

- I´ll spice this up with some remembering to hopefully get the settings recovery clean

On the fix:

bugfix.dll + source + licensefiles - I like

A full build with assets and stuff I´ll throw up tonight/tomorrow :wink:

Thanks!

You are welcome, it's for us as well ;) I don't think it would interfere with ShipEffects as, anyway, ShipEffects disables itself when in PCR IVA (I guess based on what I heard by testing it). And by "should be used instead" are you implying it disables stock audio ? Because it doesn't, it only affects itself and not stock. I don't know when we would want to hear ShipEffects audio during PCR IVA if that was what your were actually implying.

On spicing up, I already thought about what could be done to improve settings recovery and if we manipulate GameSettings directly I don't think there will ever be a "clean" way to do it. What do you have in mind ? The only way my implementation would fail (which is also Z-Key's but a little stronger towards failure) is when KSP crashes during IVA. I tested it in all the possible ways the player could exit IVA and it always restored settings correctly. So yeah, basically, if you are keeping the "GameSettings modification on the fly" way, you can't counter this bug in any other way than writing states in a file that would survive a KSP.exe crash. By loading it in PCR initialisation, you could see that IVA wasn't closed correctly and restore the settings state that were before entering IVA. I can implement this fix if you want but I'd prefer a better idea.

I really love this mod, looking forward to it being 1.0.whatever ready.

Frankly for immersion's sake Squad should have created something like this themselves, every trailer they release features a mission control room, yet there's none in-game. You should have access to the mission control room at all times, whether it's probe or manned! And have the control crew in there reacting to how the mission is going just as the pilots would. They could 'improve' the displays and information you get there as the building itself gets upgrade.

For now, this mod is awesome :)

Has no one released a patch for this? After my last post I assumed one was imminent.

EDIT: If you are feeling brave you can always try this...

http://themoose.co.uk/ksp/ProbeControlRoom_Z-Key.zip

This is a quick fix by Z-Key Aerospace of Probe Control Room by Tabakhase. All good stuff is by Tabakhase, bugs are by Z-Key Aerospace.

Source is https://github.com/thewebbooth/KSP-ProbeControlRoom

License as always is Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

If you want this taken down just PM me.

Edited by Z-Key Aerospace
Posted a quick patch.

I thought tabakhase was about to do it as well so I didn't bother posting a patch.

I will soon (later today, don't worry) do it for people who can't compile themselves, I feel your pain.

Keep in mind though that not everything is perfect, mostly because of KSP's way to handle sound, but it should nonetheless be better than before for that aspect. Anyway, if you were ok about how the mod was in 0.90, at least you will have a similar experience if sound muting doesn't work for you.

--EDIT : There you have it --

ProbeControlRoom 1.0-beta8a Patch v1

DOWNLOAD

http://www./download/25jwye12ctrc4fg/ProbeControlRoom-1.0-beta8-Patchv1.zip

INSTALL

Install ProbeControlRoom 1.0-beta8a as you would normally do.

[Optional] Backup the file GameData\ProbeControlRoom\ProbeControlRoom.dll

Install ProbeControlRoom.dll from this archive to GameData\ProbeControlRoom

CHANGE LOG

-Rebuilt against KSP 1.0.2

-Disables ProbeControlRoom IVAs camera wobbles KSP introduced in 1.0

-[Experimental] Disables vessel sound when in a ProbeControlRoom IVA

KNOWN BUGS

If vessel sound doesn't disable or does so incompletely, that's perfectly normal most of the time... I couldn't do better for now.

If you Really want to prevent vessel sound from happening, here is a quick workaround : (doesn't work for staging sound and sometimes sepratrons)

press Escape twice (pause/unpause). Sounds stupid but works sometimes. (You have to repeat the manipulation any time you switch camera mode.)

[Not in README.txt] If KSP crashes while in ProbeControlRoom IVA, your sound and wobbles game settings will get messed up. There is nothing we can do about it for the moment. Keep that in mind if you find yourself with weird settings (muted sounds and wobbles disabled). You will have to manually reset the volumes and wobbles in your settings. Other than that the mod and the game will continue to run flawlessly.

DISCLAIMER

I own nothing from this mod apart from the few lines of code I added for this patch (but I don't care if you do the darn you want about them).

Don't get stuck with bugs and tell me about them in the forums post ! (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67450-WIP-IVA-PLUGIN-ProbeControlRoom-1-0-beta8a-IVA-All-the-things!-new-3D-RPM-17)

Happy rocket crashing from your state of the art control room !

--Edited Edit--

Woops, once again, Z-Key got me, but at least you have choice for the patch you want. But looking at his code, his version is buggy and doesn't include patched sound. (No offense Z-Key)

Edited by Dexter9313

[Not in README.txt] If KSP crashes while in ProbeControlRoom IVA, your sound and wobbles game settings will get messed up. There is nothing we can do about it for the moment. Keep that in mind if you find yourself with weird settings.

Just wanted some clarification about this. Currently it sounds like I'd have to reinstall my game to fix this. I am 99% sure you didn't mean that. But then what does one do if the this occurs? Is there no way for me to get sound a wobble back? Do I need to manually change something. Just want to know what exactly you meant. I get that you mean you can't fix it within your code ATM, just want to know what do do as a user if this occurs. Thanks to both of you for updating this wonderful mod!

Just wanted some clarification about this. Currently it sounds like I'd have to reinstall my game to fix this. I am 99% sure you didn't mean that. But then what does one do if the this occurs? Is there no way for me to get sound a wobble back? Do I need to manually change something. Just want to know what exactly you meant. I get that you mean you can't fix it within your code ATM, just want to know what do do as a user if this occurs. Thanks to both of you for updating this wonderful mod!

Yes sorry, that's not that bad, I should edit my post : you will have to manually reset your settings. They will be muted by default, that's what I meant by "messed up".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.