[1.0.4][WIP][IVA,PLUGIN] ProbeControlRoom 1.0-beta10a - IVA All the things! - NotSoShaky

Tabakhase

• 4 weeks later...

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

I was getting exceptions with SCANsat integration. I found a fix on page 35 of the SCANsat thread

It is in DMagic's post. Make "Modulemanager_AllTheParts.cfg" look like this

@PART

[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleCommand],!INTERNAL

[*]]:Final

{

MODULE

{

name = ProbeControlRoomPart

seatTransformName = CameraPosition

}

MODULE:NEEDS[RasterPropMonitor]

{

name = RasterPropMonitorComputer

}

INTERNAL {

name:NEEDS[!RasterPropMonitor] = ProbeControlRoom_SpaceMini

name:NEEDS[RasterPropMonitor] = MissionControl

}

MODULE

{

name = SCANsat

sensorType = 0

fov = 0

min_alt = 0

max_alt = 0

best_alt = 0

scanName = Eyeball Scan

power = 0.05

}

}

- - - Updated - - -

All of the links are broken.

You need my build from a few pages back. http://themoose.co.uk/ksp/ProbeControlRoom_Z-Key.zip

Then you need MeCripp's amazing patch from page 29 of this thread https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/Test%20Parts/ProbeControlRoom_Stock_JSI_Patch.zip

Then you need to replace Modulemanager_AllTheParts.cfg with the new code I found.

You will need "RasterPropMonitor" and "RasterPropMonitor Core" from CKAN

My version dosn't mute the sound. There is another version that does if you search back.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've gone to use Zkey's version of this, and have an issue. The engine sound comes from the left hand side of the room for some reason, and that really annoys me. Is it possible to fix that by say, rotating the room 90 degrees to the left?

ProbeControlRoom patch roll-up. KSP 1.0.4

This zip file is the sum of my previous post. There is one extra addition, the plugin should respect keyboard focus now (Thank you agises)

Just install ModuleManager, RasterPropMonitor and RasterPropMonitor Core. Then grab this http://themoose.co.uk/ksp/ProbeControlRoom-StandardRPM_Z-Key.zip

@ebigunso - Sorry if you are having trouble. I'll have a look.

The necessary...

ProbeControlRoom is by Tabakhase and Albert VDS. This version is rebuild by Z-Key Aerospace.

It includes MeCripp's fix as released in this thread.

License from Tabakhase's read me

This project is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

Z-Key's GitHub - https://github.com/thewebbooth/KSP-ProbeControlRoom

Thanks for doing this, Z-Key! I can understand mod writers not being able to find the time to keep their mods going as KSP is upgraded. And it's wonderful when someone does the work to keep a good mod like this going. :)

This zip file is the sum of my previous post. There is one extra addition, the plugin should respect keyboard focus now (Thank you agises)

Just install ModuleManager, RasterPropMonitor and RasterPropMonitor Core. Then grab this http://themoose.co.uk/ksp/ProbeControlRoom-StandardRPM_Z-Key.zip

Can you confirm CKAN splits the RasterPropMonitor manual install into the two you mention, RasterPropMonitor and RasterPropMonitor Core? I find no mention of RasterPropMonitor Core in the RPM thread except in conjunction with CKAN. I install mods manually with the aid of an older mod manager (JSGME).

(I don't use CKAN. I am thoroughly familiar with similar things like CPAN and the Debian package system, but I wonder at how well it can work without a similar level of policy and infrastructure (e.g. for Debian, all mods should follow the Debian Policy Manual and are installed by the apt and dpkg libraries and utilities written in light of that policy).)

Edited by Jacke

Sorry every one as, I posted here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67450-WIP-IVA-PLUGIN-ProbeControlRoom-1-0-beta8a-IVA-All-the-things%21-new-3D-RPM-17?p=2127011&viewfull=1#post2127011 I see, I forgot to post the CFG for ASET RPM's so here it is just copy the MissionControl.cfg file over the one in Ksp/GameData/ProbeControlRoom/Spaces/MissionControl

Get it Here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/Test%20Parts/ASET_ProbeControlRoom.zip

EDIT- For this RPM's to work you will need ASET Props Pack. v1.3 installed you can get them here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/129305-IVA-ASET-Props-Pack-v1-3-%28for-the-modders-who-create-IVA%E2%80%99s%29

ASET_PCR.png

Edited by Mecripp2

Sorry every one as, I posted here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67450-WIP-IVA-PLUGIN-ProbeControlRoom-1-0-beta8a-IVA-All-the-things%21-new-3D-RPM-17?p=2127011&viewfull=1#post2127011 I see, I forgot to post the CFG for ASET RPM's so here it is just copy the MissionControl.cfg file over the one in Ksp/GameData/ProbeControlRoom/Spaces/MissionControl

Get it Here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/Test%20Parts/ASET_ProbeControlRoom.zip

If your still open to suggestions for prop placement, and if the photo from your orevious post is still the layout: I would love to see these buttons for action groups, where I wrote buttons. Then some gauges so as to free a screen from always being on the resource page. To the right where the coffee is currently maybe these small info panels. IDK if you can, but It would look awesome to replace the default panel in front of you with ASET equivalent props just for consistency. Your the one doing all the work so entirely up to you just some suggestion since I missed it the last time. thanks again :D Here is a quick mockup :P in paint to better visualize the area I mean VHxmDW0.png

O yes love all ASET stuff but just wasn't sure what every one would want so far as buttons and gauges will see and take out the cup and play around with that space.

EDIT- And if anyone know how to setup the other two desk has view points in unity would be awesome then, I would have more room to play with :)

Edited by Mecripp2

O yes love all ASET stuff but just wasn't sure what every one would want so far as buttons and gauges will see and take out the cup and play around with that space.

EDIT- And if anyone know how to setup the other two desk has view points in unity would be awesome then, I would have more room to play with :)

I think to add more camera positions you would need to edit the IVA itself. Which I think would require the files used to create it? Better to ask someone who has made IVAs before either PM or start a thread. Maybe the unity project files on Tabakhase's Github?

Those are only props...

It would be cool if you can team up with others and play mission control. (wich is already partially possible with telemachus)

That's kind of funny there all just props lol even the ones we seat in front of and telemachus and one's like it are great if you have two or more screens :)

yea looking at the interior configs for craft and such it seems you need to assign cameras to a transform, which means you need to place the transform which means you need to edit the IVA model. A shame, I wish they had just gone with relative space coordinates for location and x/y/z axis for pointing the camera. Anyways if you can add those, then overlaying the RPM screens atop the static ones would make them usable as well

:blush: you guys... amazing as always! Thank you all for keeping this mod alive!

I just merged all your work together and updated the first post + downloads, a thousand thanks!

Brake button, fixed Screens, NoWobble:

Download @CurseForge

Regarding some of your frequent questions:

Wobbel:

- Is gone (can be reenabled using the Settings file - for epicLaunchBroadcastings from next to the pad) -> done

SoundMute: - not enabled by default! (WIP)

- I merged a PullRequest on that, but for me thats not really working (engines make sound, explosions not)

- but i have an idea on how this could be done (Filter, see the Muffler-Mod)... -> WIP

(Until then you can use the 'old' volume-hack, set "DisableSound = True" in the Settings.cfg (selfCreated on first start at GameData/ProbeControlRoom/))

MoreSeats:

- bummer here is that I need a Transform INSIDE the IVA Model -- that was done by 'Albert VDS' and i dont have those sourceFiles. -> on ice...

ASET Props:

- Ill try to get a import of the current room into unity, then building a config for ASET should not be much of an issue, i like there parts too =) -> TBD

ManleyMode:

- Is in (also via the Settings.cfg (ForcePCR)) - the UI and Toolbar-Buttons can still release you, but you bounce instant back in from the Map & C-Key

keyboard focus

- will be in the next build

So expect another update very soon, (most likely RC1 when the SoundMute thing works...)

Just wanted to get this out to have something working again that does not need 4 diffrent downloads :D

Hi, MeCripp just asked me if i could make the other tables on the MissionControl usable.

And here it is: MissionControl with multiple seats

The download consists of the spaces folder which can be used to replace the other MissionControl room. The other files are the source files and the unitypackage for the mission control.

All rights for Models, Textures etc. stay with Tabakhase.

Edited by Nils277

Hi, MeCripp just asked me if i could make the other tables on the MissionControl usable.

And here it is: MissionControl with multiple seats

The download consists of the spaces folder which can be used to replace the other MissionControl room. The other files are the source files and the unitypackage for the mission control.

All rights for Models, Textures etc. stay with Tabakhase.

You Sir are Gold :) Thank you so much :) and it won't let me give you anymore rep right now :(

Edited by Mecripp2

Now we need a more detailed alternate IVA of the mission control in the cinematics. Kind of as a stockalike version. And FreeIVA + this IVA would be so cool...

What would also be cool would be if there were kerbals rendered here on the other desks with expressions enabled, so they could look happy when the mission is going well like a crewmember would be, or freaking out because everything's gone wrong.

If your still open to suggestions for prop placement, and if the photo from your orevious post is still the layout: I would love to see these buttons for action groups, where I wrote buttons. Then some gauges so as to free a screen from always being on the resource page. To the right where the coffee is currently maybe these small info panels. IDK if you can, but It would look awesome to replace the default panel in front of you with ASET equivalent props just for consistency. Your the one doing all the work so entirely up to you just some suggestion since I missed it the last time. thanks again :D Here is a quick mockup :P in paint to better visualize the area I mean http://i.imgur.com/VHxmDW0.png

I did and just forgot to post the file and no one said anything so, I just didn't catch that it wasn't posted but now thanks to Tabakhase for this great mod and big thanks to Albert VDS and Nils277 for there help and work on getting it to where we can jump to the other desk will be more patches coming so any thought on layouts would be great was think one desk for rovers and one for probes and drones any thoughts ? and will do one for the people that use KOS will add the ASET KOS Prop but will do a quick stock one.

Edited by Mecripp2

I did and just forgot to post the file and no one said anything so, I just didn't catch that it wasn't posted but now thanks to Tabakhase for this great mod and big thanks to Albert VDS and Nils277 for there help and work on getting it to where we can jump to the other desk will be more patches coming so any thought on layouts would be great was think one desk for rovers and one for probes and drones any thoughts ? and will do one for the people that use KOS will add the ASET KOS Prop but will do a quick stock one.

Great ideas ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.