[1.0.4][WIP][IVA,PLUGIN] ProbeControlRoom 1.0-beta10a - IVA All the things! - NotSoShaky

Tabakhase

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Tabakhase,

i only know your fine mod from pictures because i cant play it on 1.1.3.. I think your mod is mandatory to make this game a perfect experience.
It would be realy kind if you could make an updated version for 1.1.3.!

Thanks for the time you've already invested on this great mod.

Sincerely LtMtz

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess it is pretty much abandoned.

I am not sure, how are the 'rules' in the community regarding abandoned projects?

Would be great if someone could bring it up to date, or actually, re-do it from scratch. The original mod was a great idea, but quality-wise more a proof-of-concept.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Artfact said:

Indeed. Raath posted a patch of code that would supposedly fix the mod for 1.1 partially, on the previous page. Anyone with experience willing to have a go at it with that?:(

I think all he posted was his patched version and the errors it put in the log. It looks like you already tried that and couldn't get it to work.

It's a shame nobody with the skills to update this mod has the time and motivation to actually finish the job - this is a great mod, and I was really looking forward to using it in my new install. If I understood anything about how it worked, I'd try my hand at updating it myself.

Yeah, its a shame no one wants to pick this up.... This mod is pretty unique... There's a whole, empty niche out there for this type of mod, and no one seems to want to fill it... :(

About the closest thing is Telemachus... And THAT mod was struggling for quite awhile... ( though there were several attempts at similar mods, that pretty much died on the vine...)

• 4 weeks later...

It does, sort of.

Spoiler

WoDa7qN.png

None of the screens are responding to input yet.  Something has changed with the IVA controls, still trying to figure that out. I think it doesn't like going IVA without kerbals on board any more since it's not triggering the collapse of UI groups that should collapse on IVA. 

I have messaged the current owner to see if he doesn't mind me taking it over if he does not wish to continue.  If I get it up and running before I here back from him, I will probably start a continued version.  If he wishes to continue, I'll simply submit it as pull requests.

Edited by icedown

18 hours ago, icedown said:

It does, sort of.

Reveal hidden contents

WoDa7qN.png

None of the screens are responding to input yet.  Something has changed with the IVA controls, still trying to figure that out. I think it doesn't like going IVA without kerbals on board any more since it's not triggering the collapse of UI groups that should collapse on IVA. 

I have messaged the current owner to see if he doesn't mind me taking it over if he does not wish to continue.  If I get it up and running before I here back from him, I will probably start a continued version.  If he wishes to continue, I'll simply submit it as pull requests.

Did you get the file on page 14

you can goto the other desk thanks to @Nils277

3 hours ago, MeCripp said:

Did you get the file on page 14

you can goto the other desk thanks to @Nils277

I did not, I'll incorporate that once I get the interface working.  It doesn't play well with the ALCOR mfds at the moment, apparently their rotation and scaling is off.

11 hours ago, LeCorbeauQuiJoue said:

It would be awesome if you fix this mod :wink:

Sadly, at this point I'm not sure if it's possible.  I'm trying to find a way but some part of the game is blocking input to the IVA since no kerbals are on board.   Still trying to find a way around this.  I'm going to keep trying until I find out for sure one way or another.

On 7.10.2016 at 10:08 PM, icedown said:

Sadly, at this point I'm not sure if it's possible.  I'm trying to find a way but some part of the game is blocking input to the IVA since no kerbals are on board.   Still trying to find a way around this.  I'm going to keep trying until I find out for sure one way or another.

wouldnt it be possible to "man" the probes but making the kerbal invincible at the same time or to respawn him in case of catastrophic failure? I have no idea if you can make kerbs immortal only for certain command parts. but if its possible, it would be a good workaround designwise...:cool:

3 hours ago, Poldor said:

wouldnt it be possible to "man" the probes but making the kerbal invincible at the same time or to respawn him in case of catastrophic failure? I have no idea if you can make kerbs immortal only for certain command parts. but if its possible, it would be a good workaround designwise...:cool:

I have thought about this approach but it has some issues.   Any time I put a kerbal in there it becomes a manned mission while in the IVA. This poses problems with both life support mods and progression checks.  I'm waiting to hear back from the devs right now to see if they can suggest a way around this limitation. 

21 hours ago, icedown said:

I have thought about this approach but it has some issues.   Any time I put a kerbal in there it becomes a manned mission while in the IVA. This poses problems with both life support mods and progression checks.  I'm waiting to hear back from the devs right now to see if they can suggest a way around this limitation. 

why don't you pm or ask rover dude? he is both a dev at ksp itself and developer of USI LS so he maybe able to help you?

7 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

why don't you pm or ask rover dude? he is both a dev at ksp itself and developer of USI LS so he maybe able to help you?

I am already in contact with them, they have just been busy with the release.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've never come across this mod before, but lately I'm trying to play IVA-only style, so this mod would fit perfectly for unmanned probes to give a feeling of controlling it from a mission control room at Earth, instead of 'being out there'.

I really hope you can make it work for KSP 1.2!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.