[1.0.4][WIP][IVA,PLUGIN] ProbeControlRoom 1.0-beta10a - IVA All the things! - NotSoShaky

Tabakhase

@icedown THANK YOU... :)

I'd like to throw something out for future consideration... Not a request... Just a thought...
Have you seen Enceos' new mod?  Maybe if its a simple thing, could be used to fill the "empty" spaces on either top wall?
AND could maybe even be used to display useful info?

Again... Just a random thought I had when I saw it :P

1 minute ago, Stone Blue said:

@icedown THANK YOU... :)

I'd like to throw something out for future consideration... Not a request... Just a thought...
Have you seen Enceos' new mod?  Maybe if its a simple thing, could be used to fill the "empty" spaces on either top wall?
AND could maybe even be used to display useful info?

Again... Just a random thought I had when I saw it :P

Had not seen that before.  That is definitely going to have a place in this mod :)  That being said. The mod code is quite a mess and needs a LOT of cleaning up before I start adding features.

screenshot1.png

Give this a try https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/ProbeControlRoom/ProbeControlRoom.zip

Thanks to @Tabakhase@Albert VDS Nils277 JPLRepo

License: CC-BY-NC-SA-3.0

If you goto KSP/GameData/ProbeControlRoom/Spaces/MissionControl     You will found a MissionControl_JSI_Patch fold MissionControl.cfg_Stock zip folder and MissionControl_ASET.cfg folder  pick one and have fun :)

Thanks to all that helped

• 1 month later...

On 18/11/2016 at 7:14 PM, MeCripp said:

screenshot1.png

Give this a try https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/ProbeControlRoom/ProbeControlRoom.zip

Thanks to @Tabakhase@Albert VDS Nils277 JPLRepo

License: CC-BY-NC-SA-3.0

If you goto KSP/GameData/ProbeControlRoom/Spaces/MissionControl     You will found a MissionControl_JSI_Patch fold MissionControl.cfg_Stock zip folder and MissionControl_ASET.cfg folder  pick one and have fun :)

Thanks to all that helped

I am trying to get this to work and can't seem to get anything to work on the MFDs, no matter which .cfg I try. 

EDIT: I was using MFD Revived, which currently replaces one of rpm's .cfgs, so I removed it and re-installed rpm and this fresh to try again. Still the same thing. I hear the beep sound effect when I click buttons, but the screens never show anything, just fixed rpm-alike textures.

Edited by Errol

J̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶.̶ ̶B̶u̶t̶t̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶M̶F̶D̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶k̶1̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶o̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶t̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶t̶f̶o̶r̶m̶,̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶R̶P̶M̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶c̶k̶p̶i̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶,̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶E̶V̶A̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶e̶r̶b̶a̶l̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶v̶e̶s̶s̶e̶l̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶i̶n̶i̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶e̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶1̶8̶ ̶N̶o̶v̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶a̶d̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶E̶V̶A̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶e̶r̶b̶a̶l̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶f̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶a̶i̶n̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶.̶ ̶

EDIT: Just tried it in a vanilla install, works flawlessly. To the mod conflict hunt! (I've got around 100 mods, will report back when I find the one responsible)

EDIT2: Ping @MeCripp I found the culprit. Scansat. Having scansat installed makes the screens in the probe control room unresponsive. 

Edited by Errol

5 hours ago, Errol said:

J̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶.̶ ̶B̶u̶t̶t̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶M̶F̶D̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶k̶1̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶o̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶t̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶t̶f̶o̶r̶m̶,̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶R̶P̶M̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶c̶k̶p̶i̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶u̶p̶,̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶I̶ ̶E̶V̶A̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶e̶r̶b̶a̶l̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶v̶e̶s̶s̶e̶l̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶i̶n̶i̶t̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶e̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶1̶8̶ ̶N̶o̶v̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶a̶d̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶E̶V̶A̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶e̶r̶b̶a̶l̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶s̶i̶d̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶r̶a̶f̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶a̶i̶n̶s̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶.̶ ̶

EDIT: Just tried it in a vanilla install, works flawlessly. To the mod conflict hunt! (I've got around 100 mods, will report back when I find the one responsible)

EDIT2: Ping @MeCripp I found the culprit. Scansat. Having scansat installed makes the screens in the probe control room unresponsive. 

Thanks for the info will also test it

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:17 PM, WhitestWizard said:

Also confirm, that using scan sat screen causes screens to be come unresponsive, anyone found a local workaround for this invaluable mod?

Same issue when viewing Scansat with PCR.
Got the following output (Many many times):

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[SCANsat.SCAN_Data.SCANresourceGlobal].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SCANsat.SCAN_UI.JSISCANsatRPM.RedrawMap () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SCANsat.SCAN_UI.JSISCANsatRPM.MapRenderer (UnityEngine.RenderTexture screen, Single cameraAspect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at JSI.MonitorPage.RenderBackground (UnityEngine.RenderTexture screen) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at JSI.RasterPropMonitor.RenderScreen () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at JSI.RasterPropMonitor.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at InternalProp.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at InternalModel.OnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.InternalOnUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

I dont think PCR is the cause of the issue, seems like ScanSat. Although I have a total of 15 minutes worth of experience in coding, so I am hoping this is useful to someone more knowledgeable than me.

Follow up: 
I posted the issue to the ScanSat Github, DMagic followed up promptly

Should be fixed in 17.2.

Is there any way to change the resource overlay selection in Probe Control Room? It looks like the saved resource selection is invalid.

In the worst case you should be able to search your save file for the "SCANRPMStorage" part module and change the "Resource" field to 0. If that doesn't fix it, or that field is already 0 then there could be a problem with resources not being loaded correctly.

Update: Can confirm the issue of PCR+RPM windows freezing when using Scansat is resolved in the upcoming 17.2 (dev) Scansat Version.
If you are impatient and don't want to use the dev, you can try the second option.
Edited by link4531
Additional Info

• 3 weeks later...

@MeCripp just tried out your latest download and I have a few Q's

is it possible to kill the App Launcher button? It's possible to use the Blizzy toolbar but I don't see the point when you can't also hide the App Launcher button

how do you switch seats? I've tried the default V key that seems to work fine in normal IVAs (tested it on the Mk3 cockpit) but nothing happens in the mission control room

14 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

@MeCripp just tried out your latest download and I have a few Q's

is it possible to kill the App Launcher button? It's possible to use the Blizzy toolbar but I don't see the point when you can't also hide the App Launcher button

how do you switch seats? I've tried the default V key that seems to work fine in normal IVAs (tested it on the Mk3 cockpit) but nothing happens in the mission control room

Click around middle of the desk you want to goto

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been brought to your attention or not, I have noticed for a while a conflict with this mod and OPT's IVAs. Whenever you try to go to IVA in an OPT cockpit you see a brief flash of the probe control room and then get stuck on a view between several of the crafts bulkheads.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2017 at 6:35 AM, stali79 said:

Not sure if this has been brought to your attention or not, I have noticed for a while a conflict with this mod and OPT's IVAs. Whenever you try to go to IVA in an OPT cockpit you see a brief flash of the probe control room and then get stuck on a view between several of the crafts bulkheads.

It's not just OPT. I experienced the same issue with a MOLE capsule. I suspect this mod uses older versions of either RPM or (more likely) ASET Props. That's just a suspicion, however, and I didn't get logs to back that up. If I get a chance, I'll install it again & see if there are any errors in the log.

Edited by Bombaatu

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just to add to the choir, I also get the bugs that hitting "C" takes you to a camera position inside the probe, not to the probe control room. It will flash the control room briefly before going to that improper probe camera view. Also, every time a staging event occurs, it resets the camera to normal non-IVA for some reason.

All of the above bugs went away when I removed only DEEPFREEZE , though, not scansat (scansat 16.11, even, was fine, once deepfreeze removed). I'm guessing it has something to do with fake kerbals used for IVA interfering with fake kerbals used as placeholders for frozen ones, etc. But *shrug*

@JPLRepo  <--why is ping not working?

Edited by Crimeo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.