[1.0.4][WIP][IVA,PLUGIN] ProbeControlRoom 1.0-beta10a - IVA All the things! - NotSoShaky

Tabakhase

ProbeControlRoom 1.0-beta10a for KSP 1.0.4 - updated 2015-10-12

A commandcenter-like-IVA for unmanned vessels. (ProbeCores)

- AutoUpdates all "ModuleCommand"-Parts that have no "INTERNAL"

- RasterPropMonitor gets enabled automatically if the .dll is loaded

Download @CurseForge

Source @Github

Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Requires

- ModuleManager >= v2.6.8

- (optional) Toolbar >= v1.7.9

For RasterPropMonitor

- RasterPropMonitor >= v0.23

- (optional) Vessel Viewer >= v0.71

- (optional) MechJeb2 >= v2.5.3

- (optional) SCANsat >= v14.2

RPM-IVA by 'Albert VDS'

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Brains: (confirmed/planned/unconfirmed ideas)

- Kerbal on a chair with a bunch of monitors infront/other guys - or actually no Kerbal, its you!?

- Focused on&around RasterPropMonitor, but also support "stockyer"

- ensure compability with any sort of LiveSupport Mods

- more immersion in support with other mods (RemoteTech2, Muffler/Alternative sounds?)

- alternative chattr? more bandwith for fullremote...

KnownIssues:

- (minor) On a Vessel that "has a Kerbal that could IVA" returning from MapMode will end ProbeIVA

All other transistions are catched, unmanned vessels are fine in all situations.

- Non-RPM-users still get the WIP ControlRoom from the first release

- DisableSounds seems to ignore Engines, Staging, Parachutes and similar, while explosions get muted - in the works...

Shouts to G'th for the idea&kick to actually do it,

surely to all the KSP modders putting tons of sourcecode out there to read & learn,

and espacilly to the folks in the #kspmodders irc that linked me there ;-)

Also to "Albert VDS" for the excelent work hes done on the 3D Model/Textures/Pages.

And special thanks to "MeCripp", "jlcarneiro", "Z-Key Aerospace" & "Dexter9313" for providing updates while i could not

2014-01-25 - posted in r&s by G'th

2014-01-26 - so I digged into blender and hit the limit?

2014-01-27 - so continued in unity and stared at navballs

2014-02-03 - release of v0.1a with placeholderIVA

2014-02-03 - release of v0.1b now supporting the RasterPropMonitor-Mod

2014-02-04 - release of v1.0-alpha1 RMP-IVA Update, "fullOptional RPM", structural changes (GameData)

2014-02-07 - release of v1.0-alpha2 more screens, added Toolbar support

2014-07-10 - release of v1.0-beta8 Albert VDS: MissionControl, MeCripp: RPM to 0.17, MM 2.1.5

2014-07-10 - release of v1.0-beta8a fixed RPM-Config-Error Message

2015-10-12 - release of v1.0-beta10a VersionBump, CamWobbel disabled, Brake-Indicator, ForcePCR mode (ManleyMode)

So the "is it technically possible" is a YES, due it needed some plugin workaround,

CameraManager.Instance.SetCameraIVA(); requires a Kerbal, but direct usage of InternalCamera-Transforms bypasses this.

NEXT:

- replace the non-working volume cut with filters simmilar to "Muffler"Mod

- fix known issues

- CKAN

- 'release?'

Edited by Tabakhase
release v1.0-beta10a

Well. This might be one of the coolest ideas I've heard. This has potential to be awesome! I would love to see massive RPM on it, so cameras would be needed. Or Maybe whatever you cooked up is better. I'll love to follow this project.

Edited by likke_A_boss

...damnit, now I have to be careful to keep my code working even if there are no kerbals around. :)

P.S. You also probably want to turn off IVASun, otherwise it'll shine in.

sunBehaviour = (IVASun)FindObjectOfType(typeof(IVASun));
sunBehaviour.enabled = false;

Or something to that effect.

FirstOff, wow - great feedback, so many IVA loving people :D

And Update!

First alpha-testing release v0.1a

Source & Download @Github ("Download zip" on the right)

I don´t need to mention that the current IVA is a placeholder do I?

KSP_2014_02_03_01_04_42_787.jpg

KnownIssues:

- On a Vessel that "has a Kerbal that could IVA" returning from MapMode will end ProbeIVA

All other transistions are catched, unmanned vessels are fine in all situations.

- RasterPropMonitor is NOT working yet (@Mihara, we need to talk... :blush: || NOT - Already fixed)

How to: (Make sure you have the latest ModuleManager!)

1. Copy the downloaded "GameData" into your KerbalSpaceProgram directory

2. Start the game and build a vessel with a ProbeCore

3. Start the ControlRoom by:

a. MannedVessel: Bottom right, above the KerbalAvatars is a IVA button

b. UnmannedVessel: Use the CameraMode button © to access/leave IVA

c. Righclick the ProbeCore and click "IVA from here"

Please give it a test and report =)

I´m working on getting RasterPropMonitor in ASAP or at least some smallscale middleware,

biggest issue (that can not be solved with the map) is probatly that starting IVA "unsets" the 'control from here' and without RPM you can´t reselect the dockingport.

I´m on it =)

Edited by Tabakhase
RasterPropMonitor

And that was fast, turns out my code where blocking RPM.

New Version 0.1b is already up, Source & Download @Github ("Download zip" on the right)

Now with fancy RasterMonitors:

Not using RasterPropMonitor? Delete the GameData/ProbeControlRoom_RPM/ directory

KSP_2014_02_03_05_14_10_551.jpg

Current ONLY KnownIssue:

- On a Vessel that "has a Kerbal that could IVA" returning from MapMode will end ProbeIVA

Happy testing!

This is turning out really nice, even with the placeholder IVA.

I might recommend adding 2 or 3 more MFD's to it however. That way people can maintain the basic essential windows (NavBall, resources, and Orbit/TakeOff/Landing) but also utilize cameras and/or other displays.

I might recommend adding 2 or 3 more MFD's to it however. That way people can maintain the basic essential windows (NavBall' date=' resources, and Orbit/TakeOff/Landing) but also utilize cameras and/or other displays.[/quote']

Thank you :)

And basically that wall-capsule-thing will be clutterd with monitors, up to 11 seem to be supported :cool:

For now I just cloned the Mk1-Pod IVAs to kick "something", will add an updated one in the next days, but first some docking/undocking/crashing tests... <- help!

P.S. You also probably want to turn off IVASun, otherwise it'll shine in.

sunBehaviour = (IVASun)FindObjectOfType(typeof(IVASun));
sunBehaviour.enabled = false;

Thanks for this one, works as expected (while typing I get the idea that the current version misses the TurnBackOn code...)

But ive got another issue in the IVA, it seems the lights (created as normal unityObjects ontop of nodes from blender) seem to have a day/night cyle sometimes...

I want the internal-lights "always on"...?

But ive got another issue in the IVA, it seems the lights (created as normal unityObjects ontop of nodes from blender) seem to have a day/night cyle sometimes...

This might be other sources of light leaking in. In particular, the lights on the launchpad. I don't know exactly how to get rid of those, though...

This is really, REALLY cool! For the internals (may I suggest), you should use an image in which it looks like you're one of the guys at mission control, instead of having them in front of you. Maybe you could contact Rareden and see if he's willing to render it for you. :)

Good luck! :D

Back faces do not cast shadows (inside walls). Your room needs outside walls with shadow casting turned on.

UPDATE =) RPM-IVA + Textures!

ReleaseCandidate v1.0-alpha1

Source & Download @Github ("Download zip" on the right)

RasterPropMonitor-IVA got a massive update and I´ve made some textures :P

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Requires

- ModuleManager >= 1.5.5

- (optional-recommended) RasterPropMonitor, dont use it? autodisables itself

----

On lights: I packed the box in a box and moved the LightObjects a bit, seems to be "better" now, playing with the shaders... ty =)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.